Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to find the courage to unmount~

I know I need the room but is seems so hard to unmount my stamps from there wood.
Anyone else feel this way?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

It took me about a year to start really unmounting my stamps. I couldn't decide if I would regret it or not. Between reading threads on here about all the people who did not regret it and ordering stamps from GinaK Designs; I decided I liked them better unmounted. I can more easily line them up and they take up less space. I have unmounted about 10 - 15 of my SU sets so far and have over a hundred to go. I can't wait until it is finished.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 09:38 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I have some stamps on wood that I havne't unmounted yet, but whenever I get a new set from SU I just don't mount on wood, it's easier that way. Now my older stamps on wood are starting to go unused so I should probably um them as well.

You need to do what's best for you. I personally was an acrylic stamper until I figured I could use the rubber in an unmounted fashion and have more control of where I stamp my image using acrylic blocks like when using acrylic stamps. It was liberating for me, but you have to do what's best for you and your stamping habits.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I unmounted my SU stamps the weekend before Easter and I love it. Even my husband love them unmounted. Of course he is the one who carries the boxes when we move.

It doubled my storage space...and to tell you the truth, I stamp more because they are all accessible. I didn't unmount my background stamps because I don't have many. I even unmounted my wheels and I sure do use them alot more too!

I was unsure too so I made a pro/con list. Ummmmm the cons were SIGNIFICANTLY less than the pros. My husband also supported me and understood my "fear". He said he would store the wood blocks and boxes for a year but if I asked for them back there would be a 30 day waiting period. LOL

Good luck.
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I like having both mounted and unmounted, I do not think I would ever be able to take my SU ones off of their wood!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 172 Likes on 128 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by I love pinkView Post
I like having both mounted and unmounted, I do not think I would ever be able to take my SU ones off of their wood!!
i'm with you !. i'm lucky i don't have a "space" issue. i just went over 500 SU sets. w/ plenty of other brands also. i'm lucky my DH can and has built me all the storage i need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 10:16 AM   #7  
Montague Mingler

I've only unmounted a few but am in AWE of the amount of storage that frees up. I also really like being able to see exactly WHERE my image is going. Now I just need a few more acrylic blocks in different sizes!

My family coat of arms ties at the back... is that normal?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 10:21 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

This may seem like a stupid question, but do you take the rubber off the foam AND the wood? Then, how do you use the stamp?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 10:25 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

You can buy EZ mount foam for the stamps that you un-mount. It is important to have the foam in order to stamp a great image mounted or unmounted. Some people leave the sticky foam on, but it might mess up your acrylic blocks. You can stamp without the foam, but it is just not as nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

This is going to sound crazy... but I thought about unmounting my SU sets for several years, before I actually started. I knew I liked unmounted stamps, and I really needed the room. It was just the fact that I was changing them from the way the came (were meant to be). I am one of those nuts who wants all my sets to be the same, so it really bothered me that some of my sets (most of them) wouldn't have the stickers, since they had previously been stuck to the wood. I just decided I had to get over this. I have been unmounting for several months now... I have over... never mind , lets just say I have a ton of sets! LOL! I still have not decided what I'm doing with the wood that have the stickers on them. It's not worth the time to sand and clean the glue goop off. I do know that some people sell them, but I have never sold anything on ebay, so it's probably not worth considering selling any. I really can't wait until I'm done, with the whole process. The storage factor alone is worth the effort.

Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

There's a great thread here somewhere "anyone with unmounting regrets?" and I'll try to find it and post a link for you. TONS of info about unmounting.

If you aren't sure - here's an idea for you. I got a sheet of Tack'n'Peel and put it on a couple of commonly used acrylic blocks. When I have a brand new set of SU stamps, I trim the stamp and stick it, backing still in place, to the block with TnP. It peels right off again with the backing still in place.

I store my unmounted stamps in CD cases with the stickers on them in 12 x 12 plastic drawers. You can even store the stamps in plastic SU cases with multiple sets to a case for now ... and pack away the blocks in case you change your mind. That way you'll see a savings in storage space. You can label the blocks for the set in some way in case you go back to mounting. In the meantime, you haven't compromised or changed your stamps. If you find that you love it, you can then feel more comfortable unmounting your stamps that are on wood right now. Just a baby step to give it a go!

I unmounted all of my existing sets using EZmount but now my brand new SU stamps (with the paper backing on!) are just used with Tack'n'Peel. I also use a lot of acrylic stamps so the lack of a wood block doesn't bother me. I will even use just rubber dies with an acrylic block with Tack'n'Peel.

If you love wood, I've seen that you can varnish a few blocks multiple times and that EZmount will stick to them but I haven't tried that yet. Also the Unity Stamp Co. sells basically acrylic blocks with wooden handles for that 'wood feel.'

It seems there are solutions for every taste. I agree it was a little 'weird' to be peeling up rubber at first! I even did it with pretty rare sets and gave it serious consideration first. In the end, I have more room for my stamps and for other things. I think it's terrific

I also peeled up stickers off of wood blocks and attached them to sheets of cardstock and trimmed to fit CD cases, or just attached them directly to the CD cases -- they stick amazingly well, even old ones. I sold a priority flat rate box of blocks here on Splitcoast with various combinations of stickiness and foam left on them. Right now I have a big box of clean wood blocks - maybe I should try to sell them too.

P.S. Someone on Splitcoast commented once that SU stamps are sold unmounted so that you can have the choice of wood blocks or acrylic. So there's no way they *have* to be used! You could always keep your first set or favorite set on blocks for the sake of nostalgia . I can see doing that! I also have some non-SU wood-mounted stamps that I wouldn't dream of unmounting (Penny Black, Thomas Kincade, House Mouse, etc.). I don't know why!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 11:07 AM   #12  
Inking Addict

I'm a new member and I keep seeing discussions about unmounting, but I'm kind of unclear on it. Do you mean you just use the rubber stamp itself with no block? Or is like the stamps that you can put onto acrylic blocks and then take off when you're done (like CTMH stamps)?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtrlgirlView Post
I'm a new member and I keep seeing discussions about unmounting, but I'm kind of unclear on it. Do you mean you just use the rubber stamp itself with no block? Or is like the stamps that you can put onto acrylic blocks and then take off when you're done (like CTMH stamps)?

Thanks!
Yes, it's stamps that can be mounted temporarily on acrylic blocks. The space savings are enormous if you have a lot of sets. When I first heard of people unmounting their SU sets, I told myself there was no way I would ever do that. Famous last words! I ran out of space, unmounted over 200 sets, and I'm completely sold. I love the reduced amount of space they take up, seeing where I'm stamping, ease of traveling with stamps, and having my SU sets and my other companies' sets all stored in the same area so that I can remember what I have.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgmlmaxView Post
This is going to sound crazy... but I thought about unmounting my SU sets for several years, before I actually started. I knew I liked unmounted stamps, and I really needed the room. It was just the fact that I was changing them from the way the came (were meant to be). I am one of those nuts who wants all my sets to be the same, so it really bothered me that some of my sets (most of them) wouldn't have the stickers, since they had previously been stuck to the wood. I just decided I had to get over this. I have been unmounting for several months now... I have over... never mind , lets just say I have a ton of sets! LOL! I still have not decided what I'm doing with the wood that have the stickers on them. It's not worth the time to sand and clean the glue goop off. I do know that some people sell them, but I have never sold anything on ebay, so it's probably not worth considering selling any. I really can't wait until I'm done, with the whole process. The storage factor alone is worth the effort.

Dina

Dina,

I peel off the stickers also (when warmed in the microwave, they generally come right off also), attach them to the back of the trimmed stamp and foam that I also just took off the block (lining it up as close to correct as possible), and then put Aleene's Tack it Over on the sticker so that it sticks to the acrylic blocks and also to my cd cases that I store them in. I don't use EZ Mount or any of that stuff. If you choose to use Aleene's, just make sure you use a small amount as it tends to stick very well! I just get a bunch of stamps ready to apply it to and do a bunch at one time. I usually apply it with one of those disposable foam brushes that you can buy in packages in the crafts section, and just throw it away after since the Tack It Over is difficult to wash out.

After the stamp is used a few times (I also sometimes stick it on the back of my hands a few times to get it a little less sticky), it will work the best and not stick so much as to peel off the sticker when removing it from the cd case or the acrylic block. Hope this helps!

Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 01:25 PM   #15  
Inking Addict

Thanks for your answer, Chris. How do you get the rubber stamp to adhere to the acrylic block?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #16  
Glitter Guru

I Um all mine too and still in the process i have hundreds of sets. I got the ill feeling in my stomache when i first started and asked myself what i was doing but when i seen the space wow. Not to mention now i have labels on all my cd cases so i can see what i have without pulling out all my piles. I use binders for all my non SU sets and all my wheels i um which i have 100+. I have 18 binders full of stamps and tons more to put in binders but I do it as i can afford it. A little each payday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtrlgirlView Post
Thanks for your answer, Chris. How do you get the rubber stamp to adhere to the acrylic block?
EZ mount has acrylic on one side like a cling and other side is sticky so it sticks to the stamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

I'm in the process of UMing my rubber stamps.
My LSS order Aleene's Tack It Over Again for me. It should be in tomorrow! YAY!

I did get 2 sheets of EZ mount to try as well. I had a hard time getting the rubber separated from the foam it comes on in order to have just the rubber to mount. And the EZ mount was a bit difficult to cut. I don't have a heat knife.

I'm excited to try the Aleene's. I have a feeling I'll be unmounting all weekend!

"I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
How can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 02:16 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by KearaSView Post
I'm excited to try the Aleene's. I have a feeling I'll be unmounting all weekend!
Just make sure you get Aleene's Tack It Over, and I usually squirt a little out on a sheet of paper and apply it quickly to a bunch of stamps at a time with one of those foam brushes. It dries pretty quickly. Just remember, a little goes a long way, and you can always apply more if you don't get it sticky enough. I have never had to do that though! PM me if you have any questions.

Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Has anyone ever tried gluing (either with ATG or red line tape) plain ol' window cling to the back of the foam when you unmount. Wouldn't that give you a similar result to EZ Mount?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

I tried the vinyl cling sheets - you stick your stamp to the vinyl on one side, and then peel off the backing to have a cling surface similar to the decorative static cling sheets for windows. It doesn't work as well as EZmount - doesn't stick as easily to the acrylic block. It helps to make sure it's really dry and create some friction by rubbing it rapidly across your clothes, and you have to press harder to get it to really cling to the block.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
I tried the vinyl cling sheets - you stick your stamp to the vinyl on one side, and then peel off the backing to have a cling surface similar to the decorative static cling sheets for windows. It doesn't work as well as EZmount - doesn't stick as easily to the acrylic block. It helps to make sure it's really dry and create some friction by rubbing it rapidly across your clothes, and you have to press harder to get it to really cling to the block.
Thanks for the input!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 03:36 PM   #23  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by droseballView Post
Dina,

I peel off the stickers also (when warmed in the microwave, they generally come right off also), attach them to the back of the trimmed stamp and foam that I also just took off the block (lining it up as close to correct as possible), and then put Aleene's Tack it Over on the sticker so that it sticks to the acrylic blocks and also to my cd cases that I store them in. I don't use EZ Mount or any of that stuff. If you choose to use Aleene's, just make sure you use a small amount as it tends to stick very well! I just get a bunch of stamps ready to apply it to and do a bunch at one time. I usually apply it with one of those disposable foam brushes that you can buy in packages in the crafts section, and just throw it away after since the Tack It Over is difficult to wash out.

After the stamp is used a few times (I also sometimes stick it on the back of my hands a few times to get it a little less sticky), it will work the best and not stick so much as to peel off the sticker when removing it from the cd case or the acrylic block. Hope this helps!

Denise

I swore I would never do it but then it dawned on me that I can do SOME sets and not all of them. So I started doing what Denise has described with some of my old sets that I never intend to get rid of with TIOAO glue. But I use the LID from the SU case then stack my naked blocks in the remainder of the case and plan on keeping them (in the basement... along with the other junk). So, I will be able to re-mount them any time I want to.

Here's a picture of some I've done so far with the sticker right on top of the gray foam. I'm sorry I cannot credit the orignial person who came up with this brilliant idea of using the lids, can't find her post! I'm so excited about it that I'm telling the WORLD!

You can see the sticker showing right through the clear case lid since the TIOAO dries clear! The TIOAO glue makes the sticker sticky on the image side! I tried the CD casees to store but I think this way is more practical for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Trying to find the courage to unmount~-unmounted-lid.jpg   Trying to find the courage to unmount~-unmounted-file-box.jpg   Trying to find the courage to unmount~-unmouned-larger-container.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #24  
Inking Addict

Thanks for the information. I don't think it's anything I'll do but it's interesting to read about it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2008, 04:02 PM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

After reading all the posts here about unmounting I decided to do mine before I get too many sets lol... Just starting to collect. heheheh... I think I will like it very much.

Hugs
Jaunice Minor
Utah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2008, 06:02 PM   #26  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I was a bit hesitant to go unmounted. Before I did that, I bought a few sets from TAC to try some unmounted rubber to see if I'd like it. I didn't mind it, and found in some ways I liked it better. Then I reached the crisis point of storage issues - it was either go unmounted or stop buying stamps. No contest with that decision - I'm currently in the process of going unmounted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2008, 07:36 AM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

I have been so interested in doing this but so confused on the process... thank you so much for sharing this information... I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

There was a time that I too said there was no way I would unmount my stamps. What convinced me was buying some that were unmounted and made to use with my acrylic block (Darcie's.) Love it and now I'm in the beginning stage of unmounting! I think I will love it. So my suggestion is get a set that comes ready to use with an acrylic block (GinaK, Darcie's, etc.) try it and see how you like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #29  
Kookie Creator

Start with just one set and see how you like it. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #30  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have started and am glad I am. I will have to get things indexed and such... but I figure on occassion when I want to stamp and dont have the creative juices really flowing then I can work on my indexing.

Hugs
Jaunice Minor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #31  
Stampin' Fool

Default methods of unmounting

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeCritterView Post
Has anyone ever tried gluing (either with ATG or red line tape) plain ol' window cling to the back of the foam when you unmount. Wouldn't that give you a similar result to EZ Mount?
I've used all kinds of different kinds of methods with unmounting to try and discover which I liked the best. I HATED window cling or even saran wrap as someone on SCS suggested compared to all the other methods I've tried. It didn't stick to my block as well as I'd hoped. (my blocks are a little banged up though so that probably factored into why it didn't stick). I found that after a time period, it also slipped off the foam cushion. Not sure how that happened (mounting error?) but it did.

As of now I'm using a combined method depending on the stamp.
1) EZ mount- not too many of my stamps are on it because of the cost and hassle involved in setting it up (the cutting, gooey scissors, and my laziness). It is a great product though and once the mounting process is finished it is a really easy product to use. And I can stamp an index on the surface of it.

2) many of my stamps are bare rubber with TIO, bare rubber with Double stick tape, or bare rubber with TacknPeel block, using a mouse pad under my stamping surface for a cushion. Poster tape works well too. The part I don't like about purely bare rubber is that I don't have an index, and sometimes it's difficult for me to read what the stamp is.

3) stamps where I've removed the cushion and the rubber from an existing wood block. (like my Michaels wood $ stamps where I couldn't get the rubber and cushion to separate, or sentiment stamps that are difficult to tell apart when you're looking at the rubber image side). I've put the index sticker on the back and adhere to the block using double stick tape, poster tape, or a TacknPeel block.

4) Others like my new SU stamps, where I just take the original stamp and foam and take down the tack by sticking it on my jeans a number of times, then I use it on my clear block, stamp, clean, remove from the block and then replace the paper and put it back into the case. Caution- don't forget and leave the stamp on the block overnight. You don't want a permanent bond.

warning if you use a block with TacknPeel, don't use your clear stamp on the sticky side. It will be difficult to remove the acrylic/polymer stamps without tearing them. Use the non-sticky side for the polymer/clear stamps.

My suggestion is maybe try it out a few of your stamps and see what you think. I found that all the space I was saving trumped any other inconveniences.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnhyrkasView Post
I've used all kinds of different kinds of methods with unmounting to try and discover which I liked the best. I HATED window cling or even saran wrap as someone on SCS suggested compared to all the other methods I've tried. It didn't stick to my block as well as I'd hoped. (my blocks are a little banged up though so that probably factored into why it didn't stick). I found that after a time period, it also slipped off the foam cushion. Not sure how that happened (mounting error?) but it did.

As of now I'm using a combined method depending on the stamp.
1) EZ mount- not too many of my stamps are on it because of the cost and hassle involved in setting it up (the cutting, gooey scissors, and my laziness). It is a great product though and once the mounting process is finished it is a really easy product to use. And I can stamp an index on the surface of it.

2) many of my stamps are bare rubber with TIO, bare rubber with Double stick tape, or bare rubber with TacknPeel block, using a mouse pad under my stamping surface for a cushion. Poster tape works well too. The part I don't like about purely bare rubber is that I don't have an index, and sometimes it's difficult for me to read what the stamp is.
............ I found that all the space I was saving trumped any other inconveniences.
I've really had almost the same experiences as you have! The plastic wrap and vinyl cling just didn't perform well enough - nowhere near the EZmount's performance - and I like Tack'n'Peel with plain rubber.

I don't know if I posted this here or elsewhere but I thought you might be interested in something else I do which is to use my brand new SU stamps with the backing paper still on with the Tack'n'Peel. I just peels right back up again with the backing paper intact on the stamp. Since you use TnP anyway, thought you might like to hear about it ;)

Nan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2008, 02:31 AM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

One nice thing about unmounted is no blocks to get stained or dirty. You can generally clean the rubber stamps better. So for those that hate having dirty blocks thats eliminated.

Hugs
Jaunice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2008, 05:10 AM   #34  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I keep reading the various posts on unmounting and still can't take the big step so instead I'm taking baby steps. I have some stamps that I rearely use that I bought unmounted and mounted on wood blocks. I'm now unmounting them as I use them. I really do like unmounted rubber so I think once I get used to it I'll do more. Not sure if I'll be able to do this to all my stamps - but storage is getting to be an issue so I'll probably go for it. I have a few SU! stamps that I haven't used and I haven't mounted them to the wood yet -maybe I never will..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2008, 05:31 AM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkminorView Post
One nice thing about unmounted is no blocks to get stained or dirty. You can generally clean the rubber stamps better. So for those that hate having dirty blocks thats eliminated.

Hugs
Jaunice
I needed to read this --- this is the final push I was looking for to tip the scales . I'm IN!! Now to find the thin EZ mount and get cracking..... and of course to track down some acrylic blocks. My friend was using some nice ones with bevelled edges ---not just the square chunk.... I'd rather use those as they seem easier. Ah.... another thing to "find" hehehehehe

THANKS...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been debating for a while now and anything I buy that is not SU is unmounted if possible. I am also planning on unmounting some of my retired sets. I have been on the fence, but after trying the Unity Stamp Company blocks I am in love! They are the best, especially if you like the feel of the woodmounted stamps. They have given me the push I needed to start doing this,especially since I am running out of room and I don't think that my DH would be willing to add on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #37  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
I don't know if I posted this here or elsewhere but I thought you might be interested in something else I do which is to use my brand new SU stamps with the backing paper still on with the Tack'n'Peel. I just peels right back up again with the backing paper intact on the stamp. Since you use TnP anyway, thought you might like to hear about it ;)

Nan
Thanks Nan!
I do have some SU stamps that I haven't peeled the backing paper off with yet. Usually I just use the SU sticky cushion and reduce the tack by sticking it on my jeans or my hand and then sticking it onto a clear block, then I put the paper back on after stamping. I think for those the paper might be too loose and it would stick to the TNP block. Something to think about though. Isn't it nice that there are so many options?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #38  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkminorView Post

Hugs
Jaunice
Well actually, I have stained my blocks when I've used Stazon inks. I just thought about something though, I should probably take some Ultra Clean to the block to clean it off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #39  
Stampin' Fool

Default blocks

Quote:

Originally Posted by adeleeView Post
I needed to read this --- this is the final push I was looking for to tip the scales . I'm IN!! Now to find the thin EZ mount and get cracking..... and of course to track down some acrylic blocks. My friend was using some nice ones with bevelled edges ---not just the square chunk.... I'd rather use those as they seem easier. Ah.... another thing to "find" hehehehehe

THANKS...
Regardless of the shape or thickness of block you decide to get (bevelled edges or straight edges) you might consider grid lines in your decision.
It really makes it easy to line up, especially for stamping sentiments. I rarely use a stamp positioner any more.
This is the set I have, I purchased at M's with a coupon. The Small 2.25"X1.75", Medium 3.5"X2.5 size blocks fits nearly every image in my collection, but the cuttlebug plate works well as a handle for my unmounted wheels or for backgrounds or other large images. You can also use the reverse side of any wood block with an index sticker for a block.

The link is just for product info purposes only, I know nothing about the company.
http://www.creativescrapbookstore.co...edium-2/Detail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnhyrkasView Post
Thanks Nan!
I do have some SU stamps that I haven't peeled the backing paper off with yet. Usually I just use the SU sticky cushion and reduce the tack by sticking it on my jeans or my hand and then sticking it onto a clear block, then I put the paper back on after stamping. I think for those the paper might be too loose and it would stick to the TNP block. Something to think about though. Isn't it nice that there are so many options?
Yes, it is! And this is one of my favorites!! And if SU does more die cut stamp sets, I can ink them up right out of the box with no prep work at all!!
Reply With Quote Likes