Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-15-2007, 12:03 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Thinking of becoming a Demo

I've been hit with the bug! I love stamping and can't get enough of it! I'm thinking of becoming a demo. I'm just looking for some more info on the company and such (e.g. quart. min., min order, etc.) I am from Canada, so if anyone has any Canadian info that would be great! I don't want to go to the lady I deal with for info, as I would feel pressure to sign up right now and I'm not 100% decided yet. If there's anyone who can help me. I want to hear the downsides too. Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 12:12 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Which company? SU, CTMH, TAC? I bet there are a lot of Canadian demos with those companies on this community that could help...

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 12:18 PM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm thinking of going with SU. About a year ago I emailed TAC and they're not in Canada, and at the time weren't planning on making the move north, which is too bad. I love their stuff
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Not sure if it works this way for Canada, but try going to the Stampin' Up! website www.stampinup.com and see if they have a Demonstrator Locator. Then you can put in your address and see what demonstrators live near you and contact one of them. If nothing else, you can probably call or email Stampin' Up! and they will help you find someone to sign up under.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 01:07 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes, it does! Here is the link: http://www.stampinup.com/ca/enc/default.asp
Then you can click around on the website all you want or choose How to Find a Demonstrator on the right. If you love stamping, I'm sure you will enjoy this!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Well here are a few basics for a Canadian demo. Quarterly minimum is $450.00. There isn't really a minimum order but you pay a minimum shipping fee of $9.95 so it's always more "worth it" to have a $100.00 order or higher. Shipping and handling is 10% plus taxes so in Ontario you add 14% after adding S/H. Hostess benefits are earned at $225.00. I find it pretty easy to meet the minimums - partly b/c the prices are so high here. Often one party/workshop reaches $450.00. Hope that helps...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 03:14 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Location: between diaper blow-outs and baby dolls...the happiest place on earth! ;)

What about in the US? What are the minimums here?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 03:21 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

In the US you have to have $300 in sales in a quarter.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 03:22 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The minimums in the US are $300 per quarter. With the instant 20% discount, it comes to $240 per quarter, plus tax and shipping -- approximately $100 per week or 1200 a year.

I think the SU Canadian prices are out of sight but I don't know whether that reflects higher prices for all craft items or whether SU's are particularly out of line. So, if you think you can meet the minimums (I know Canada's are higher), it is worth it just to get the discount!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Location: between diaper blow-outs and baby dolls...the happiest place on earth! ;)

hmm...interesting info. I used to sell Pampered Chef, love the stuff, but after about a year I seemed to have exhausted all outlets and couldn't keep up with mininmums. That's what I'm afraid would happen with this also. I live in a small town and the demo here seems to have penetrated the whole community! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousey'sMomView Post
hmm...interesting info. I used to sell Pampered Chef, love the stuff, but after about a year I seemed to have exhausted all outlets and couldn't keep up with mininmums. That's what I'm afraid would happen with this also. I live in a small town and the demo here seems to have penetrated the whole community! lol
I know what you mean!!! I used to sell Mary Kay and it was the same sorta thing! The discount was great!! 50%!!! But the longer I was into it the more and more I didn't believe in what I was trying to sell to people and I just couldn't do it anymore. I am also from a small town and my mother in-law was my up line in MK which made it even worse because that was that whole side of the family that was with her too!!! Thanks for the advice everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
The minimums in the US are $300 per quarter. With the instant 20% discount, it comes to $240 per quarter, plus tax and shipping -- approximately $100 per week or 1200 a year.

I think the SU Canadian prices are out of sight but I don't know whether that reflects higher prices for all craft items or whether SU's are particularly out of line. So, if you think you can meet the minimums (I know Canada's are higher), it is worth it just to get the discount!
And keep in mind that the average show is around $350. So, you should be able to make your minimums with only one show per quarter. I do about a show a month (which is no big deal) and never have had any trouble meeting my minimums.

And, of course, your own purchases count towards that minimum. So, you can have fewer shows if you're buying more on your own.... OR you can have MORE shows and not have to pay for any of it at all. Besides the 20% income, you also get extra monthly and quarterly bonuses based on your sales (you can get cash or products for various bonuses).
Reply With Quote Likes