Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-24-2006, 10:55 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TAC

Hello. I am hoping that the lovey ladies here will be able to help me with a little question that I have. I am considering being a TAC consultant. I have researched their products online and they seem really nice but there isn't anyone around me here that does their serivces. I am wanting to make a little side money to try to pay off all my credit card debt and I think this would be a wonderful oppertunity. Could you tell me how profitable that TAC is ( hehe don't mention the great discount!!!!! )!! Also what is the benefits of working for them vs other companies. thanks in advance. You all are wonderful and give the best advice!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2006, 11:36 AM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinkiss
Hello. I am hoping that the lovey ladies here will be able to help me with a little question that I have. I am considering being a TAC consultant. I have researched their products online and they seem really nice but there isn't anyone around me here that does their serivces. I am wanting to make a little side money to try to pay off all my credit card debt and I think this would be a wonderful oppertunity. Could you tell me how profitable that TAC is ( hehe don't mention the great discount!!!!! )!! Also what is the benefits of working for them vs other companies. thanks in advance. You all are wonderful and give the best advice!
I sent you a pm

Spoiler

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2006, 11:41 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Being a brand new Angel, I am not sure I can answer your questions, but I will give you a thought. Being a TAC demo only requires a min. of $100 in sales every 4 months. And the commission checks are actually mailed to you- I like this much better than keeping my part off the top. I can see the money and I am less likely to add that on to my order, KWIM? (If I am the only one ordering, I think of this as my "rebate." LOL)
One idea I like is a 10-10-10 club. 10 people, $10, 10 month commitment. Each takes turns getting hostess bennies.
Oh, and the GWP when customer spends $30. =) Great way to increase sales.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2006, 12:42 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

great ideas!!! I am definaltly going to save this as thoughts of stuff to do!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisadwb
Being a brand new Angel, I am not sure I can answer your questions, but I will give you a thought. Being a TAC demo only requires a min. of $100 in sales every 4 months. And the commission checks are actually mailed to you- I like this much better than keeping my part off the top. I can see the money and I am less likely to add that on to my order, KWIM? (If I am the only one ordering, I think of this as my "rebate." LOL)
One idea I like is a 10-10-10 club. 10 people, $10, 10 month commitment. Each takes turns getting hostess bennies.
Oh, and the GWP when customer spends $30. =) Great way to increase sales.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2006, 02:12 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are serious about making money my very strong suggestion is to interview at least 2 TAC demos before you sign up and find out how much money they net over the course of a year, and how long it has taken them to earn that amount. A good demo should be willing to share that info, IMHO, and should have it because she has reported it on her taxes.

Traditionally, home based demo companies are not huge money makers. I'm not saying this particularly about TAC - I'm including SU and all the others. These companies tend to have a fairly small % of demos who are making a lot of money, a larger group that is making some, and then a ton who are spending everything they earn on buying more product!! This is why most companies will not share the earnings of their demos in any meaningful way. I'm not saying this to discourage you, but just to throw this in the pot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2006, 02:15 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

yah another lady brought this to my attention and I think I wrote the initial post a little wrong. I would LOVE to pay off my credit card debt. Its one of my main goals right now and IF i could make enough to do that as well as get a discount on the stuff that I already buy then It would be awesome.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
If you are serious about making money my very strong suggestion is to interview at least 2 TAC demos before you sign up and find out how much money they net over the course of a year, and how long it has taken them to earn that amount. A good demo should be willing to share that info, IMHO, and should have it because she has reported it on her taxes.

Traditionally, home based demo companies are not huge money makers. I'm not saying this particularly about TAC - I'm including SU and all the others. These companies tend to have a fairly small % of demos who are making a lot of money, a larger group that is making some, and then a ton who are spending everything they earn on buying more product!! This is why most companies will not share the earnings of their demos in any meaningful way. I'm not saying this to discourage you, but just to throw this in the pot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

If you are trying to pay off debt, being a consultant is not going to help you do it unless you don't spend anything on yourself. My suggestion is to get a part time job at a scrapbook/stamp store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2006, 03:48 PM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momofoneson
If you are trying to pay off debt, being a consultant is not going to help you do it unless you don't spend anything on yourself. My suggestion is to get a part time job at a scrapbook/stamp store.
Now my question is how is this going to help?
If you spend money on yourself you are still spending money! Right?

Now my thought on this matter,
If you are looking to pay off your credit card I too would suggestion getting a Part-time job somewhere.

I had to do this once a long time ago. I hated it, But it was the only way to pay off my debt.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2006, 05:01 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

I absolutely LOVE being a TAC demo and am starting to see some profit after 2.5 years. All that said, if you're a demo you have to have the products that your company carries. Even though you may have LOTS of product right now, it may not be TAC. You'll have to spend $ to make $. Then there's the thing where any company (TAC included) might discontinue some things and/or change a line completely. This catty year, TAC discontinued the TAC dye inks and changed chalk ink lines. We also intro'd our own awesome exclusive papers. I know I have to be very careful not to buy everything I want!!!! That's always an issue too--especially when you want to have them to demo so they'll sell better! sigh.... It's tough making those business decisions.

If you're truly interested in becoming a TAC demo, then YES pursue it!!!!! By all means, it's the best!!!!! If you're just looking to get rich quick, it's not the best way out there to do that. Sorry--it sure is a FUN way!! ;-)
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2006, 06:43 AM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Is there generally promos being offered like they have now (the extra stamp sets) to entice new consultants? I was going to wait until the first of the year to join, but would hate to miss out on this offer if it's a rare opportunity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2006, 06:47 AM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

There have been a lot of promotions lately.
There was one for the Level D hostess set.
One for 2 Level C hostess sets.
This one for 5 free stamps sets.

So it seems common to have them, however, there is no guarantee that there will always be one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2006, 06:50 AM   #12  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertwindsong
Is there generally promos being offered like they have now (the extra stamp sets) to entice new consultants? I was going to wait until the first of the year to join, but would hate to miss out on this offer if it's a rare opportunity.
Demos usually don�t know of any sign up specials until maybe a couple of weeks ahead. TAC usually announces them in the monthly newsletter ~ ;)

ETA: this is the best sign up special that I've seen since I've been a demo ~ :p When I signed up, there was no special :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2006, 07:32 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

We *do* know that Stamp Fest will start Jan. 1 but we do *not* know what it will look like in terms of incentives or even how they change it at all this year! ;-)
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2006, 08:14 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

For me personally it's been a nice way to "feed" or pay for my hobby...I can afford TAC's quota. It has not really added to my credit card bill, let's say, but it has not reduced it either. You have to sell ALOT of stamps (look at TAC's price range!! $5.95-$19.95 for most sets) though to really see big profits...I know my friend is a Southern Living consultant and can easily have a $500-$1000 show in a weekend but she really has to hustle.

Good luck with your decision! :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2006, 12:09 PM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2
Now my question is how is this going to help?
If you spend money on yourself you are still spending money! Right?

Now my thought on this matter,
If you are looking to pay off your credit card I too would suggestion getting a Part-time job somewhere.

I had to do this once a long time ago. I hated it, But it was the only way to pay off my debt.
Boy I need new Glasses!!!!

I should have read the post better, Then my answer would have made more sense.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes