Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-06-2005, 05:48 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU is wonderful!

For the past 2 days I have been waiting for my order to arrive. My customers have been waiting patiently also as it was long over due.
I lost my normal brown boy, Bill(he retired) about a year and a half ago and it has been nothing but problems & heartaches since then.

Anyway, for the past 2 days I have been in constant touch with my local UPS dist. center trying to get my order. I was offered every excuse imaginable, was promised 4 different delivery times, the box never showed up, all the time UPS kept telling me it was on the truck, relax it will be there. Iknow this sounds childish but I go through this with almost every order & I'm getting fed up with it.

I'm in NY and it is bad enough that I have to wait 7-8 days to get my package but then not to get the package 2-3 days beyond the delivery date is really aggravating, boy do I miss Bill.

Well finally last night around 6pm the package finally arrived. I should of thought something was wrong when the Brown man hauled the package on my porch & took off like his pants was on fire but I was just relieved it had finally arrived & left it out there till my hubby got home as it was a large order & I'm having major problems with my left shoulder.

So he brought the package in....something was wrong....I sensed it as my Stampin Up order was in an automotive parts box, 3 different tracking tags and it smelled my whole living room up with motor oil. When he placed it on the floor it sounded like a jig saw puzzle box....my heart went up in my throat.

So as calmly as I could I sat on the living room floor & opened it, just getting in the box my hands turned black. Most of my packing material was gone & was repaced with bags for car headlights, everything in the box was covered with oil and dirt that had attached it self to the oil and the stench was so bad. On top of that my blue azure Stazon refil had leaked and now I was turning blue/green. My downline was here and the 2 of us just could not believe our eyes & NOSES. All the paper goods are ruined, the stamp sets are fine but the boxes are shot.

Well, I called Stampin up and went through all the items to make sure nothing was missing. Then we went one by one to see what could be saved.

I had the most wonderful gentleman, by the way his name was Bill and he was so patient & understanding. It amazes me just how wonderful the demo support at Stampin Up really is. Within 10 minutes he had me laughing & feeling good about this terrible UPS experience even though it was not their fault. After spending about 45 minutes going through everything with me on the phone I will be receiving a replacement order for everything in the box, except the stamp sets, which they will replace the boxes for me. He even thanked me for being so understanding & patient, he told me that I was the most pleasent person he had ever talked to with a similar situation, but, he was the one that eased my emotions as I was so upset when I called.

I just felt I had to share this experience with everyone, You can not beat Stampin Up for their customer service & demo support. If any of you are thinking of becoming a demo this is the most wonderful company! By the time our phone conversation ended last night, I felt I had a friend, not just a person on the end of the phone line.

Thanks Stampin' Up!

Barbara
Member #4839

View My Gallery, PLEASE!:
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/bjthedj
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 05:55 AM   #2  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

holy cow-what the heck do you think happened to your boxes on teh way from Utah! That is crazy!

Good for you for keeping a level head about it-and YEAH for SU for being so good not only at replacing the items, but at appreciating your reaction to the mess.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 05:59 AM   #3  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

wow what a story... wonder what happened to it anyway??
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:02 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Only heaven knows! UPS was not nice, they knew my box was lost & delivered to the wrong place....evidently to a automotive repair shop but they said it happened some where between here & Utah. What upset me most was that they jerked me around since Friday, it does no good to talk to a supervisor either.

I wish SU has other shippers that we could use as an option as I have just about had it with the brown boys.

I'm lucky most of the time if I get my box by 7pm...there is something really wrong with this picture.
Member #4839

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:09 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

BJ,
I'm so sorry that happened to you. I completely agree about another carrier. I have had problems with UPS since moving to NM. When I lived in GA, I never had any issues, my boxes arrived on time (by 3PM) with no damage. Since getting to NM, I think I get a new UPS driver every time. They can't ever seem to remember where I live, even though the local distribution center has my directions on file. I keep the local warehouse number with me and have even become familiar to some of the workers there!
Hope everything works out for your replacement items!
Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:09 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have to say, as a fellow New Yorker, I agree that it already stinks to have to wait 7-8 bus days before we get our stuff...I would have been absolutely devastated and don't know if I could have handled it with as much grace as you did. I too, know how it is to wait ALL day fro brown...my packages used to be waiting for me when I got home, now they don't get there much before 6:30...hope they pick up the pace..."What can Brown do for you?" Get my packages here on time, and in good condition!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:13 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbara so sorrythat this happened to you!!
but on the positive way to go Stampin' Up for doing so well with replacing the stuff!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:20 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just think if those stamps could talk. The story they would have to tell of their adventures.
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:21 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Although the experience with brown was terrible, it makes me feel better that your experience with su was great! I'm waiting for my starter kit to come in the mail, so stories with happy endings (on su's part) make me thrilled to hear! Better luck next time! Thanks for sharing your story!

Molly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:21 AM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Default I agree!

I had a similar situation, but not anywhere near the extent of yours! I had a box that had been opened and retaped and things were missing and broken. SU! replaced everything damaged and missing without hesitation. I have NEVER encountered a single person at Demo support that was not the kindest person. I always hang up with a smile on my face! What a super company to work for!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:21 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

I had a similar experience last year (although not quite as dirty/messy) -- one of my customers received her order, and the "Brown" guy had already left. When she opened the box, the stamp sets (including alphabets) had been opened and the stamps were all over the place, and some things were missing.

Her box was completely taped, and she couldn't figure how everything could be in such disarray. She called me immediately, and told me she had called the UPS driver back. He admitted to her that there had been some anonymous complaints that some boxes were being opened at the delivery site and things were being "rifled through". She had already accepted the order, and called me to ask what to do.

I called the UPS center and SU and told them what I had been told and about the order. Of course, UPS denied it, although stated from time to time they do have to randomly check boxes that may be suspicious to be sure of legal shipments and not illegal contraband, drugs, etc. (Yeah, right!)

SU was totally understanding, sent a complete new order and arranged for UPS to pick up the old one (and I guess, charge UPS for the mishap).

SU is amazing -- just yesterday a 5-year customer called me and told me everything arrived (as her packing slip stated) except the 8 Sincere Salutation sets ordered. (Her box was completely taped too). I called SU and they sent them out right away. SU mistake, or another Brown random search? Doesn't matter, SU customer service is awesome!
-- Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:22 AM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

That is so crazy!! I am glad that SU was so wonderful about something that was entirely out of their hands. Kudos to you for being pleasant on the phone when you could have been very angry!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:24 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

By the way!
Stampin' Up told me to salvage what I could out of the paper products & just throw everything else in the garbage.
It's a relief that I don't have to pack it all up again but as far as salvage it will be hard to get past the smell :lol: :shock:
Member #4839

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:27 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

What an ordeal!! That is so great SU handled the situation so well. SU is the greatest company EVER!!! But, PLEASE don't take away my Brown Man!! I love him!! He is so great. Maybe have a carrier option... but I must keep my Brown man!!

Is there any way to find out where your package went? I would complain to UPS, or someone. Maybe write a letter to the company or something. Glad it was so easily resolved for you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:30 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but I would like to point something out about how late in the day the UPS packages arrive: It means that UPS only has so many drivers and their worker who arrives at your house at 6:30-7:00 is probably finishing a 10-12 hour day.

Everyday UPS has to make up a route based on where the packages to be delivered that day are going. In cities that have a UPS distribution center it is one thing, but if you live outlying, should the twenty people in town wait while they run out to you first? Just one more thing to think about as to why your deliveries are so "late" in the day.

UPS is one of the carriers that charges more for delivery to residential neighborhoods because they are simply not equiped to go to every house. They sort their deliveries to the business district first, and then into the neighborhoods. That is why residential delivery is usually later.

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:33 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Kudos to SU!! I too have received nothing but the best when dealing with demo support!!
And I guess I just watch too many mysteries. . . . the UPS thing makes one wonder if in some areas, someone has figured out the value of what's in those Stampin'Up boxes and are helping themselves! Any of this stuff that's missing showing up on EBAY??? I have an absolutely wonderful UPS guy and have had no problems with them. Having said that, if there are problems beginning to surface in some areas, it would be nice to have an alternative choice in shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:40 AM   #17  
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

I have recently promised myself that I will have at least one positive comment to say every day. (I've recently gone through a very stressful time and was getting to be very negative.)

SOOOO my positive thought for the day was that I was out and about town and I ran into someone that looked familiar, but I just couldn't place him. He evidently felt the same way about me. All of a sudden he goes - 1005 Stampin Up, right?! (1005 is my address)

It was my BROWN man in street clothes! He remembered me!!! I felt so loved! and then I realized, that evidently I'm ordering a good bit of stuff for him to remember that!

Sorry you had such a bad experience, and I'm not wanting to hijack the thread, but I just wanted to say one happy for brown! they're not all bumbling idiots (although my last driver was, but that's another story!)

And YEAH to SU for being totally supportive and understanding. And I BET if you get some kitty litter and place your paper in a box or bag with that and leave it for a day or so and it should absorb the odors... Worth a try anyway! Get the kind that has a good bit of clay, I think Tidy Cat.

have a great day!
elizabeth

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:42 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

BJ - I am so glad that you had a postitive experience with SU! They are a fantastic company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:47 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just one more thing about UPS... My job is such that I work with carriers all day long. We are a large company and "brown" is one of our primary carriers. Residential deliveries are guaranteed on ground service, but not by 3pm... they are considered end of day deliveries and that is determined by the drivers schedule for that day. The typical way any delivery company serves its customers is to deliver the packages closest to its facility 1st and move out from there... this way at the end of the day when they are making pickups they have an empty truck and can move from the farthest point away back to their facility... I know that's a lot of mumbo-jumbo, but I thought it might help you understand... Also SU probably has a deal with UPS concerning replacements. i.e. they get cheaper shipping rates if they keep their claims low... so it is a better deal for SU to just replace any lost/damaged shipments than to continually be filing claims... I also know that with our company our lost/damage ratio with UPS is less than 1%. That, of course, means nothing when it's your package that's lost or damaged!! :lol: HTH.

"My Savior Loves, My Savior Lives, My Savior's always there for me. My God: He was, my God: He is, My God is always gonna be." (Aaron Shust)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 06:55 AM   #20  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but I would like to point something out about how late in the day the UPS packages arrive: It means that UPS only has so many drivers and their worker who arrives at your house at 6:30-7:00 is probably finishing a 10-12 hour day.
I totally understand what you are saying but I live about 3 miles from the dist. center, I am not in a rural area & before Bill retired my packages were always here by 1pm and on the day of my scheduled delivery.

The drivers have a very stressful job, they have time restraints but my problem with this order did not start with the driver. If a package arrives to the dist. center on time why is it 2-3 days later that I receive it.

I think UPS should clean up their act a bit & be a little more in tune with customer service. They have chosen to deal with residential customers besides businesses & they should have the same care & promptness with their orders as do businesses. I too am running a business and can't be treated with deception, lies & poor customer service. Just because it is not overnight or 2 day air I expect my packages to be handled with the same care & priority.

What is the point of being able to track your order then. As I said this is an ongoing problem. About 4 months ago my husband had to track the big brown truck in a big development 10 miles away from my house to get my package for items I needed for a stamp camp going on at my house....The package was already 3 days beyond the delivery date.

As I said there is something terribly wrong with this picture!
Member #4839

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 07:12 AM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

Default SU is wonderful !

I have to brag about "MY UPS man" !! He is the sweetest ever!! We met after he delivered my 1st Stampin' Up package & my dear dog Dually decided to tear into the box!! I knew something was wrong when I drove up the driveway & saw confetti white & perfect plum cardstock blowing in the wind! I thought my poor dog had eaten a wooden block (would have served him right, huh?), but actually found it a couple of days later. When I did explain the situation to my UPS man, he apologized profusely & now places my boxes on the porch on top of a table. I figure Dually just loves stamping as much as his "mom" does!! LOL.

Stampin' Up! is such a wonderful company---I have always received the best customer service from them.

Jacque
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 07:26 AM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My UPS guy told me that when any company ships parcels via the cheapest rate available to them instead of a priority shipping that those packages do not have to be delivered until they have time to get to them IF they are out of the way of the regular deliveries. Therefore, since I live out of the main route by a few blocks my packages may sit there until he has another package coming near my home. This is not done with the priority type shipping only with the bottom tier. This is why I feel that with shipping costs as high as they are to the customer that the companies should give better than the cheapest and slowest shipping. Kind of like the difference with the Post Office with media/4th class shipping as compared to first class.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 07:30 AM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

Let's keep the thread on the topic!!

KUDOS TO SU!!!!

I'm not trying to be "snarky", but I can't handle anymore negative stuff today!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 07:41 AM   #24  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Ki
Just one more thing about UPS... My job is such that I work with carriers all day long. We are a large company and "brown" is one of our primary carriers. Residential deliveries are guaranteed on ground service, but not by 3pm... they are considered end of day deliveries and that is determined by the drivers schedule for that day.
Unfortunately that does not explain why some UPS delivery people hold onto our packages for a week before actually delivering them to us...the local person here has been let go because she would sign for packages that she couldn't deliver (people not home, etc) but wouldn't leave a note regarding the attempted delivery. Then she'd hold onto the packages somewhere until finally my demo would call UPS and all of a sudden she would show up with all kinds of excuses and stuff. It was unreal. The really horrible thing is she would also have her parents do her deliveries - they have the purolator contract in town and are not authorized to handle UPS deliveries - and they have been able to do all their work (they drive a big cube van and she drives a minivan) plus finish off hers.

I am tired of dealing with UPS too. But I love how SU! will replace things that are lost or damaged without even batting an eyelash. YEAH!

JocelynM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 07:45 AM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sorry to hear about your ordeal. Have you thought of writing a letter to one of the "higher up's" at UPS to let them know? I think it would be a good idea to use a piece of stinky cardstock to write a letter on.....it sounds like you even have enough stinkiness to cc a few people on! :lol: Just enclose it in a plastic bag so they don't lose the full effect!

It is really great that SU's DS is so great. They have always been so helpful.....and they will probably send you order out 2day air knowing them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 08:03 AM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Luckily I've never had a problem with UPS (for Stampin Up, anyhow). But I have to agree SU support is incredible!! Every time I've had a problem or a question they've always been extremely helpful and very friendly. They must treat their employees really well for them to be able to keep such a high level of customer support.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 08:23 AM   #27  
Kookie Creator

SU is a great company, they've been quite to replace missing or incorrect orders, especially during the warehouse move.

I feel bad for everyone who has had a hard time with UPS, it's bad enough waiting for your orders, then on top of it to wait for deliveries. My UPS guy is great, he has to drive 2 hours to my house from Edmonton and my deliveries are here between 12 and 1 pm. One day I wasn't going to be home so I left a note to deliver it to my friend's house on the next street and he did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 08:33 AM   #28  
Insane Embellisher

I can't really complain about Mr Brown. Mine is a hottie & super nice. The only time I have problem is when he is on vacation. I have been told by UPS that they have until 7:00 to still be considered on time for that day. :(

The worst time that I think that I have had is when a box was "rescheduled" dur to weather. Ok, First of all, the bad weather was the day BEFORE the shipment was supposed to be there. Second, they delayed it AGAIN for the same reason. I was SO mad, because it had been a beautiful day for 2 days & nothing. Finally, he showed up & low & behold my driver was on vacation... :(

Su! Does wonders with "problem" orders. They are the best!
Jenna ;) #6202
I need inspiration!!!![/I][/FONT][/FONT]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 08:48 AM   #29  
Hardware Hotshot

Default UPS

I'm going to start a new job on Monday 4-11. I'll be working for DHL. They provide similar delivery services as FedEx and UPS. I will ask them about this problem and see how they would handle this. UPS in general has a very good reputation for having reliable service. Personally, I've never had a problem with UPS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 09:21 AM   #30  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I agree about SU! being great about things like this. I had a different problem with brown and got the run-a-round from them. When I called SU! about it--they pretty much told me that they would deal with it--AND they did!!

This is not a Brown slam!!!!!(you deliver that much stuff--something will go wrong sometimes) It is just Kudos to SU! for doing their best to make things right EVEN when the fault was not with them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #31  
Crimping Master

Every order I place I track it like its gold on the way. When I get the tracking number it states the estimated delivery date. They have always got it to me on that date. Granted I have to wait till 4 or later in the afternoon, if I dont go to town looking for the UPS guy. He knows My truck now and will stop and give me my package. So far so good. Its great to know though if I ever have any problems, SU customer support is there.

Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 10:36 AM   #32  
Stampin' Fool

Location: I try to live in LaLa Land, but people keep interrupting me!

I used UPS when I was shipping antique pottery all over the States. This was late 80's early 90's and then you could get a package from the midwest to the west coast in 2-3 days. This was regular shipping, I don't even remember any other way they had then. It was just cheaper and much FASTER & safer than the USPS.

I don't know WHAT has happend between that time and the past 5 yrs, it's just NOT the same SERVICE that UPS had previously.

And YUCK to that nasty smelly box you recieved!! I got a big box from UPS with a BIG size 12 footprint smack in the middle of it, now this was a box that had Longaberger Baskets in it, I was horrified! How that footprint got on the box without cracking a basket is beyond me. I can only think it was a joke from a bored UPS warehouse worker! :lol: :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 10:59 AM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

I'm glad you had such a good experience! (edited to add: I meant a good experience with SU , NOT UPS!)

LOL...I wonder what they guys in the automotive shop thought when they opened a box of CS and stamps! They were probably expecting something not so, well...girly and pretty!

Hope you get your second shipment on time and in good condition!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 11:01 AM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

Yup! SU rocks!! I think they replace the items ASAP just to have good customer relations. They probably deal with Brown after the fact if need be. I love that!

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 11:27 AM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

Kudos to SU! and to everyone for keeping positive on the thread!!

I too have a wonderful UPS man- he always makes me smile, even if the package isn't SU or for me; although it would be nice to have the competition shake things up (just to keep everyone on their toes! ). Our DHL (is that right, or is it DSL?!?) man is pretty great too!

Heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 11:46 AM   #36  
Compulsive Stamper

If you girls could see my UPS man you would order something everyday just so he would stop by!!! I wouldn't care if it took him three weeks to get here, as long as he gets here it is worth the wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 12:10 PM   #37  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Yeah, UPS hires the cutest drivers!

Oh, where was I? Oh yeah when I was talking about being a demo with a friend near Atlanta, he commented that UPS has been horrible lately. I was surprised as I've not had trouble. So maybe it's a regional thing. I guess all you can do is make a proper complaint when there's a problem.

And yeah, my guy usually comes around 6 p.m.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes