Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-27-2005, 02:16 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU Kid's Stamp Pads

Does anyone have any opinion on these? I'm not a demo and am looking to buy some washable, kid friendly stamp pads for my boys to play and create with. It seems that I had heard awhile back that these were really small and that "this person" didn't like them. If not, who and what (& where) do you suggest?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 02:26 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I bought the whole collection for my 6yr old daughter's birthday this year. She loves them and they work well. She likes them especially because they are SU inks like "her mommy's". However the lids come off easily - I stack them all together and then wrap a rubberband around them to make sure they stay on.
Another one that she totally loves are the tatoo sets - they by far are the kids favorite thing. They are a hit whereever we take them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 02:45 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

I don't have a strong opinion either way about the SU stamp pads, but I LOVE the tattoo sets and so does my 4 year old daughter.

Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 02:46 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I ordered the kids stamp pads for a girl scout workshop -- they are washable and work wonderfully. Yes, they are small than the regular SU pads, but ... it's for kids!!! They are not teeny tiny and being washable is sooo important w/ little ones. Plus, the girls loved them. They each got to take one home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 02:59 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Location: This must be heaven...there are stamps & scrapbooks EVERYWHERE!!!

My 5 year old daughter loves these. She feels like a "real stamper", because she can stamp while Mommy does too. Washable and not too small, just right for little hands. Approximately 1 1/2 x 2 1/2"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 03:08 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I agree--they are the perfect size for little hands and they look like Mommy's. You just have to watch the lids. Besides, who can resist the names of the colors...Princess Pink???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 03:13 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I like them....just wish they had refills. Nickolaus ruined his Princess Pink pad by putting his dirty stamp on it. Guess I should watch him closer :oops:

Catie
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 03:21 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I bought them for my kiddos and they like them. I agree w/ the lids not staying on that great but, for the kids they work well.... they are cheaper and it keeps them outta my stuff ;o)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 03:43 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Default SU Kid's Stamp Pads

My girls are 4 and love the the kids stamps. The tatoo kits are also a big hit! We ended up with both sets!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 04:18 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

i got the kids pads and really like them. they are small enough for my 3 year old son...he can take off and put the lid back on himself. i bought him a stamp set with small stamps, so they fit fine! washes off pretty easy too. and he doesnt' bug me to use my inks! perfect!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 04:53 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

SU! Classic inks are water-based inks. Even moms make messes sometimes (I dropped a Real Red ink pad onto my light colored slacks once) but I have never had any problems with ink washing out of my clothes. Just a little pre-treat before I throw it in the wash & it comes right out. My kids stamp with me all the time. Of course, their fingers get a little color on them, but so do mine. Isn't that what stamping is all about?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 05:33 PM   #12  
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kid's ink pads -- a different opinion

I bought two of the kid's pads when I became a demo, thinking that any kids at my workshops would be entertained using them... I stopped taking them because the ink doesn't wash off! My four year old was using them yesterday and thought it would be fun to make his hands purple. His hands are still purple! And this is after using the Stampin' Mist and soap and a bath and lots of handwashings later. I tried cleaning his hands as soon as he inked them up, so there wasn't a lot of time for the ink to dry.

I've had better luck with the classic pads!

my two cents --

Valli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 05:36 PM   #13  
Watercolor Wizard

My 7 & 9 year old use them and love them.......mommy loves them cause it washes off
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 05:53 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

OK - so does the ink from the SU Kids pads wash off their hands or not? I'd love to know because I've thought about getting some.

My son likes to stamp and I bought some "Just for Kids" Pads from a stamp store. They say they wash off easily with soap but NOPE! Ink on skin stays several days no matter how hard you scrub.

Thanks,
Anita

P.S. Hi Jodi! Good question!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 06:02 PM   #15  
Glitter Queen

The ink doesn't wash off easily, but neither does any of the other kiod-friendly water based inks I have tried. Unless you get it right away, which you won't.

If you really want to do hand prints of your kids, try the SU craft pads - they dry slow enough for you to get it off with a baby wipe and soapy water. And thay are still non-toxic. And will not fade.

My boy is on his third set of kids' pads - he's a regular "craft monster". His day is not complete without him making a picture or a card. I just don't fret over his ink stains, and he doesn't fret over mine;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 06:15 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

We have four of them and my son likes them because they are just his. However, he likes to use bigger stamps than will fit on the pads. The ink pad itself is recessed in the case (which is great if it flips on the floor) but that doesn't allow larger stamps to get any ink on them. He gets sick of using the Toy Box set that is small enough to fit on the ink pad. There are lots of stamps he can get to fit from other sets but also lots he can't and that frustates him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2005, 10:29 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

I got the kids SU ink pads for my 3 year old and he loves them. I just let him stamp and dont' care if he gets the colors muddy, but he does know how to clean them and usually does. Whats funny is the ink washes well out of clothes, but his fingers are inky for a day or so no matter how much we wash. I don't know about girls, but I got my son bug builders to use cause all the stamps fit on the kids pad and he loves bugs! I agree with somebody else here that posted , those pads are great for when they flip onto the floor cause the ink doesn't touch anything. (I've dropped my classic black onto my khaki pants before :oops: and I'm so glad he can't do the same)

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.com/go/londonrain
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2005, 05:32 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

I was probably the person that posted that I did not like them -- that being said, now I do --

I can say that when my DD was 3, I did not like them -- she wanted to stamp just like mommy, and neatness was not her forte, and they got everywhere. She just didn't get the concept of using one color at a time, cleaning stamps, not getting it all over herself, etc. SO when she was 3 and up until this past summer when she turned 4, I got the Crayola Washable Paints and put a little blob on pieces of paper towel and let her use those foam stamps.

Now that she is 4 and has a little more responsibility, I DO like these ink pads. I agree that when they fall on the floor it is nice that they are recessed, and though they dont' wash off her hands immediatly, that is one thing I have learned to "let go" -- at least for now anyway!

I have had good luck with Rubber STampede Cryrstal Washable Ink Pads as well. I think I got those at Michaels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2005, 05:36 AM   #19  
Abbe-licious

I love the kids pads, I bought all of them for my boys this past summer.
You do need to wrap a rubberband around them so they stay closed when not in use. As far as the ink washing off their hands, we wash our hands when we are done and if the ink doesn't quite come off, we don't care, they are just kids after all.
I saw a piece of designer paper with the definition of the word boy on it, it went something like this:

boy- n. a loud noise with dirt on it :lol:

or in my case ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2005, 06:07 AM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

My 6 year old twins just use my classic inks . . . I was a little concerned at first that they might get stamp pads mixed up and mess them up, but amazingly enough they are meticulous about cleaning the stamps off as soon as they use them!! Sometimes even moreso than I am!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2005, 06:25 AM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have a couple and do not love them, they are small and the lids come off easily and they don't really seem to come off any better than the regular stanmpin up sets.
I keep baby wipes by the kids when they are stamping and have them clean up periodically - and I guess if they have colored hands they will look just like mom when she comes home from work after staining micro slides at work (and if I am sponging anything I always get colored as well!!)

The lesson from Charlie Brown: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2005, 06:25 AM   #22  
Crimping Master

Personally I just let my kids use my classic pads or my spots which is even smaller in size and easier for them to handle...they come off easier and if you let them use them with your guidance they learn to care for them as you do...and I have learned that they care for them better than most of my customers!!! LOL!!!

I didnt care for the size of the kids pads for the price of them...I found the kids got too frustrated when they had a stamp that was too big to fit in the stamp area...and with it recessed there isn't a way to get the stamp all inked...

Just my 2 cents! Good luck in your decision...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2005, 11:31 AM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ladies, thank you all for your responses! I just got back from JoA**'s and got their kids' pads. They are a little bigger (2.25x3.5) for about the same price ($2.99). The boys also have their own cleaner pad, and little bottle of spray. They should be all set to stamp their little hearts out!
Reply With Quote Likes