Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #41  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I have all of my scraps sorted and stored in clear accordian style folders that I purchased at Michaels a number of years ago. They are stored by color family. I tried storing them with the full sheets of card stock but it got too bulky for the space.

I still "pick" my colors I am going to use from the full size sheets, then look in that colors folder to see if I have the shade. If I do have to color I am looking for it is easy to refile the larger sheets.

For everyday use I put all my scraps in a drawer, then when my mojo has deserted me I will take the time to organize/file my scraps. Usually by the time I have sorted and filed by mojo is back, either that or I force myself to be creative so I don't have to clean any more!!! kwim??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My stamping demonstrators came up with this idea. She used the large transparencey envelopes to put her scraps in my name. She stapled a tab she made using a punch and printed the color on the tab. Next she put them in a plastic box. About the size of a shoe box that sits on her desk.Because it is right in front of her she tends to use her scraps first. I am going to try this method first. Whole sheets of each color will go into its on hanging file in a filing cabinet. I have two accordian files for traveling: summer and spring colors and fall and winter colors. a couple of sheets of each color goes in it.

sam
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #43  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
I have all of my scraps sorted and stored in clear accordian style folders that I purchased at Michaels a number of years ago. They are stored by color family. I tried storing them with the full sheets of card stock but it got too bulky for the space.

I still "pick" my colors I am going to use from the full size sheets, then look in that colors folder to see if I have the shade. If I do have to color I am looking for it is easy to refile the larger sheets.

For everyday use I put all my scraps in a drawer, then when my mojo has deserted me I will take the time to organize/file my scraps. Usually by the time I have sorted and filed by mojo is back, either that or I force myself to be creative so I don't have to clean any more!!! kwim??
Great idea!! I'm going to try this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2010, 04:56 AM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

This thread inspired me!! Last night, (while watching Fireproof, I might add ;) ) I dumped out the drawer that I stored all my scraps in, and threw away all teeny-tiny little scraps that I would never use. Then I sorted them all by color, and today I'm going to get a box with file folders and label all the scraps by color. That way when I need a piece of paper, I can just grab the folder with the color I need, and voila!! I can't wait to try it out - I am so sick of digging though a box and never being able to find the color I need!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

I bought a $5 plastic file crate from Wal-Mart and added some legal sized hanging file holders to it and organized my scraps by ROYGBIV and neutrals. I sort printed paper by the color that's most represtented in the print, if I have several then I put some in two or more colors. I've been using this system for about 3 years now and the only problem I have is that the hanging files do wear after a time. Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes