Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2018, 09:11 AM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was still reaching for my mini Misti for smaller jobs until I got my travel size TH. I now use the smaller TH the most. For me it’s a mind thing. I like the open sided concept and now when I go to use either of my Mistis I feel confined. I’ll use my regular Misti for multiple layering projects as an extra but my regular and small TH platforms get most of the action.
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don�t see these same stamping complaints with the Misti. Happy with my two!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Never had any problems with my Th Platform. Stamps perfect every time!
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris01View Post
I don�t see these same stamping complaints with the Misti. Happy with my two!

I think most of the complaints for the Tim have to do with some defective ones that Tonic will replace.

The only time I need extra CS or a pad are for a few bare rubber stamps that are even thinner than photopolymer. That just makes sense.

There are complaints about every tool in the world, I think (!), just a different type about Mist's. Early issues were ironed out, which is great. Both of my Misti's have cracks in the hinges. They work fine, but I feel most comfortable doing CPR stamping using a heftier platform. And there are those open sides.

I haven't heard of a 100% perfect tool of any type that 100% of people love. Just preferences.

Last edited by bjeans; 06-01-2018 at 03:54 AM..
Crimping Master

I did have a Misti that developed dozens of hairline cracks in the lid. Luckily I noticed it very early. It was within the 90 day warranty and was replaced. I guess both companies have worked on defects. So far my TH platforms are holding up well but I'll be able to compare fairly when they get to the age of my Mistis.

I think just preferences is the key here also. In addition to the open sided feature of the TH models I forgot to mention that I also prefer their price.
Matboard Maniac

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Has anyone used the new We R Memory Keeper Precision Press Advanced? Just curious about using only the top by itself as a big "block".

We R Memory Keepers Precision Press Advanced Bundle - 8677907 | HSN
Crimping Master

No, but I looked at it when it was featured at CHA. Looks like it's finally going up for sale but is sold out on HSN. I'd be curious to hear from people who have used it. I like the foot idea.

I can't imagine that I will need another stamp positioner anytime soon but I would be interested in hearing reviews on this Vaessen one in the YouTube link below if it ever comes to the US. I like the combo of a hinge and feet. It's selling in the UK, Netherlands, etc.

https://youtu.be/wbgrFqxuutw<o:p></o:p>
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftyduoView Post
Has anyone used the new We R Memory Keeper Precision Press Advanced? Just curious about using only the top by itself as a big "block".

Sure you could - just like some people use plastic die cutting plates as a big press. : )

Putting a lid on a press that has multiple pegs, and with each new stamp removing the lid and re-pegging it back on, seems a a little hassley.

When flipping a lid up or down on a Tim or Misti, you don�t have to look - you can be reaching for a cleaning cloth, ink, looking at the cat.

And if testing stamp placement (using an acetate grid or scratch paper), moving the stamp several times can be a lot of lid taking off and on - at least twice, and if aligning letters/numbers, sometimes more than that, at least for me. But some people might like it, another choice.

Short video for those who haven�t seen it:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9...fauxfullscreen

Last edited by bjeans; 06-01-2018 at 12:11 PM..
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

MISTI. I have all 3 sizes and use them every time I make cards.
Crimping Master

The more I looked at those pegs in that video the more I thought it would be kind of fussy. I guess I’m a hinge person. I kind of liked the feet idea. I’m not needing any more stamp positioners but I never fail to watch when they showcase a new one.
Matboard Maniac

Those pegs look frustrating to me...I don't own any stamp platform and really only have a handful of stamps to use on them. I am a wood block girl BUT was thinking that top part looked like it would be handy for using instead of small clear blocks on the few cling mount that I have..I didn't ask my question properly last time...so here's another try....If you have used the top of this stamp platform (We R Memory Makers Precision Press Advanced) by itself ...is it easy to use OR would you still buy a TH or MISTI for a small amount of stamps.
Crimping Master

Quote:

I don't have this model but I wouldn't buy any stamp positioner if I mostly used wood blocks except maybe a Stamp a Ma Jig. The exception would be if I bought a few sets of multiple layering clear stamps like Hero Arts or Altenew. I'm not able to line those up properly without a positioner but again some people do it quite well. Sentiments are a challenge for me to line up also. Sorry I missed your question. I think bjeans answered it the best.
Matboard Maniac

Thanks Maryalena for your thoughts. That has been my opinion that I didn't need one of those stamp platforms as I know they don't work with the wood mount stamps. I was just intrigued by the top as a "block" but I didn't think it would be much different than using blocks except you have a bigger platform to work on to put multiple stamps on to stamp at once. I don't have any layering clear stamps.
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Those pegs look frustrating to me...I don't own any stamp platform and really only have a handful of stamps to use on them. I am a wood block girl BUT was thinking that top part looked like it would be handy for using instead of small clear blocks on the few cling mount that I have..I didn't ask my question properly last time...so here's another try....If you have used the top of this stamp platform (We R Memory Makers Precision Press Advanced) by itself ...is it easy to use OR would you still buy a TH or MISTI for a small amount of stamps.

I’m probably missing something - what’s the advantage of the lid over the platform itself? One consideration is ratio of stamp size to lid/block size. I was taught to roughly size a block to the stamp. If a stamp is tiny and you use a huge block/lid, it can be tougher to get a perfect impression since we may tilt the block. Plus it would have to be held with two hands.

Another option - the Fiskars set. Below. It’s positioned so you see and adjust where the image will go before stamping. It’s basically an ultra thin, lightweight block on feet. (They used to have an older version with spongy feet; this is an upgrade.) I occasionally use it instead of blocks for making all-over patterns, and have taken a couple with me to classes.

https://smile.amazon.com/Fiskars-Sta...70_&dpSrc=srch

Fast forward to about 4:15 on the Jennifer McGuire video on this page if you want to see it in action, handier at times than a platform and more precise than a regular block:

Stamping With Dies + Giveaways - Jennifer McGuire Ink

Just my take. YMMV.
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Thanks Maryalena for your thoughts. That has been my opinion that I didn't need one of those stamp platforms as I know they don't work with the wood mount stamps. I was just intrigued by the top as a "block" but I didn't think it would be much different than using blocks except you have a bigger platform to work on to put multiple stamps on to stamp at once. I don't have any layering clear stamps.
It can be difficult, if not impossible for some stampers, to use a super-sized block - or lid, same thing - to stamp multiple stamps at once, unless it’s just a couple tiny ones near each other, for example. I’m not sure why you’d want to remove the lid to attempt that since it’s one of the great benefits of a platform.

But it’s early; I could be missing something.
Matboard Maniac

You would think SU would have noticed the stamping problem during the testing process.
Matboard Maniac

I�m always surprised an issue like the one with stamparatus doesn�t show up during testing process.
Matboard Maniac

thanks bjeans for the link on the fiskars block in use. I had seen that and wondered how it worked...I like the idea of having the "feet" to put over paper and then press down to stamp....gives you a little more control on placement. Right now I have blocks that don't have grid lines and alignment/placement can be a problem at times....the alternate suggestions have been helpful while I "mull" over if I want to change my tool and then to what to change too....
Matboard Maniac

Whoops....repeat my part.
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

thanks bjeans for the link on the fiskars block in use. I had seen that and wondered how it worked...I like the idea of having the "feet" to put over paper and then press down to stamp....gives you a little more control on placement. Right now I have blocks that don't have grid lines and alignment/placement can be a problem at times....the alternate suggestions have been helpful while I "mull" over if I want to change my tool and then to what to change too....

Tough choice! The simplest might be to try a gridded block the size you’d use the most to see whether that would do the trick. If you’re near other stampers or an LSS maybe you could try one.

Or a little set. This was the first set I purchased and they’re very nice. Some people like scalloped edges. I don’t care much one way or another but also like that I don’t have to pay attention to where my fingers are on straight ones. These are nice and thick. Basically acrylic is acrylic.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Fiskars lightweight plastic “blocks” on feet are very different but fun and can fit into each other so are compact. The small one is tiny. I’ve never tried one with multiple stamps at once but will and report back.

But you can put three different tiny stamps on three corners of a regular block and pivot the block to stamp the flower you want.

The Tim travel platform would be a small step up in cost, but it’s cheaper than many. It gives flexibility because two sides are open to accommodate larger paper, and the lid is removed for rubber or clear.

I have two Mistis and two Tim platforms and it’s the one I reach for most. The small Misti is second - it’s even smaller, which sometimes is nice. It costs more.

Just my exhausted-after-pulling-weeds take, so please excuse fuzzy thought and typos. Everyone has their fave: chocolate, strawberry, vanilla. (Vanilla!)
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryalenaView Post
The more I looked at those pegs in that video the more I thought it would be kind of fussy. I guess I�m a hinge person. I kind of liked the feet idea. I�m not needing any more stamp positioners but I never fail to watch when they showcase a new one.
I've had this one for a few weeks now and love it. I had purchased one as a gift for my mom, and she loved it so much that I ordered one for myself. Having 3 other hinged positioners, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I preferred this one. It gives wonderfully even results. The peg openings go all the way around the top plates, so if you are doing a design that needs to be rotated, it's great for that as well. Mine came with 2 plates, and i do love being able to have more than one set up at the time. All the parts nest nicely for storage, so it's not a bulky system.
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilsmomView Post
I've had this one for a few weeks now and love it. I had purchased one as a gift for my mom, and she loved it so much that I ordered one for myself. Having 3 other hinged positioners, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I preferred this one. It gives wonderfully even results. The peg openings go all the way around the top plates, so if you are doing a design that needs to be rotated, it's great for that as well. Mine came with 2 plates, and i do love being able to have more than one set up at the time. All the parts nest nicely for storage, so it's not a bulky system.

It�s great to hear a review on this one, especially from someone who has other positioners as a comparison. I have only watched demos from those selling them. The foot thing attracted me but wasn�t sure about the pegs. Can�t say I�m not tempted.
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryalenaView Post
It�s great to hear a review on this one, especially from someone who has other positioners as a comparison. I have only watched demos from those selling them. The foot thing attracted me but wasn�t sure about the pegs. Can�t say I�m not tempted.

I can honestly say that I haven't had a single issue with the pegs. I really didn't think I would prefer it over the hinge, but I do, especially for large background stamps. Those stamp flawlessly with this platform.
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilsmomView Post
I can honestly say that I haven't had a single issue with the pegs. I really didn't think I would prefer it over the hinge, but I do, especially for large background stamps. Those stamp flawlessly with this platform.
One of the big online craft stores ran a sale on this one today -24.95 plus free shipping. Don't think it comes with two plates though. I went for it. When you said it did well on the large background stamps I decided that would be worth it.
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Tonic Studios will be ending sales of its Model 1707e and 1711e stamping platforms

Sorry if this is a double-post. It is way past my bedtime.

Full article here:

https://www.tonic-studios.com/pages/announcment071818

"... Tonic Studios will be ending sales of its Model 1707e and 1711e stamping platforms and dedicated accessories in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and South America. Tonic Studios will continue to sell the Model 1707e and 1711e and accessories outside of the North and South America markets. ... "
Glitter Guru

Received 370 Likes on 220 Posts

I bought one with a coupon at Michael's last week. So far, it's working great. I really like the larger magnets that come with it, and the pegs are very easy to use. Mine came with one plate, but I ordered 2 more on HSN.
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post

Full article here:

"... Tonic Studios will be ending sales of its Model 1707e and 1711e stamping platforms and dedicated accessories in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and South America. Tonic Studios will continue to sell the Model 1707e and 1711e and accessories outside of the North and South America markets. ... "
What is up with that?! Holy cow.
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by fifiwesfanView Post
What is up with that?! Holy cow.

My thoughts exactly! :shock:

Thinking it might be time to buy a backup travel platform before they stop selling them.
Gallery Gazer

The case was settled. (Almost all court cases settle before they go to trial or before a judge.) There’s a thread somewhere from a couple weeks ago (?) with the settlement document language, but it’s basically that both agree to the terms. The terms aren’t disclosed to the public. I’d look for the thread but am on the way out and there’s not much there.
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Full article here:

Thanks for posting this!! I just ordered one - it had been sitting in my "wish list" forever! Glad I was able to grab one before they were all gone
Crimping Master

So glad I bought the WRMK Advanced. It’s my go to platform. I bought two plus three extra lids.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 976 Likes on 475 Posts

Quote:

Full article here:

I didn�t expect that. Hmmmm, I wonder if other companies will follow...

Glitter Queen

Joann's Online has the TH Platform on sale (40% off) right now. They only have the large, travel and travel pouch listed. I've been wanting the TH one for a while, so got the travel size and pouch. I have the original MISTI (ver. 2) and now the travel size, but knowing that the WRMK does well with background stamps is tempting as well. ;)
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_beachbumView Post
I didn’t expect that. Hmmmm, I wonder if other companies will follow...
I wonder if Tonic will produce the MISTI or between the two companies, they'll create a new platform utilizing features from both? I was surprised that Tonic came out with the TH brand since the MISTI owner made a special Tim color for his MISTI (a gift). I view the TH Platform and MISTI as two separate tools, especially since the features of the TH one is so much different than the MISTI. Can you imagine this all happening with companies who make die cutting machines, punches or other types of tools that perform similarly?
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I just find it all interesting. I know with some products there is actually just one manufacturer making products for various companies. (ink pads...) But I would guess there are other products out there with duplicates because the original person didn’t pursue doing anything about it (money, time, whatever)?

But maybe like you said they will come up with some joint venture. His marketing reach is nothing to be sneezed at.

Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well punches or die cutters are not recent inventions, I think. Commercial die cutting of paper probably started in the 19th Century.
Perhaps a better comparison is with the Xyron machines - one day their patents will expire and there will be competing products.
Pearl-ExPert

A mini version of a printing press is not a new invention either and should not get a patent. Plus TH version is way different than the pink one!!!
My Stampin' Up! site

Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

I am starting to think ......all hinges are not created equal.
Once again I have to say I love my WRMK Precission Press.
I have had not a single solitary issue with any of the things mentioned about Tim�s or the Stamparats.

Always stamps perfectly in corners. So ...... it does not require pads or reversing of plates.
When you put the lid down it has �give� for lack of a better word,in that it appears to accommodate the stamp and the lid will press down according to the thickness of the stamp.

I can put any cling or clear stamp in the same place on a card and it will stamp perfectly with both....no fuss or muss no changing of anything.
So I think it is how the hinges work.they appear to move with the top plate.works for me.
Crimping Master

I am thinking of picking up one more WRMKAdvanced with the pegs so I have a lifetime supply. A hoarding mentality maybe? It is very inexpensive with a coupon and I made a thin gridded plastic template with peg holes to protect the pad so I don’t have to use a paper guard. My concern is that this one will be the next one to stop production since they voluntarily stopped production of the original one when the suit hit. I prefer the rubber feet to bumpers and hinges and that I can add plates for layering. I hope the latest outcome won’t discourage manufacturers from developing improved platforms that are reasonably priced.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Nervermind, found my answer.