Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So, just how addicted are you?

I'm sure we've all see that here on SCS, when referring to our hobby of cardmaking/scrapbooking/stamping, we frequently use the word "addicted." For some, it's a buying addiction, for others it's a creating addiction. This thread is about the buying aspect.

So, just how addicted are you?

Specifically, how many (individual) stamps do you own? Do you know? Do you have the slightest idea, or is it just too many to bother guessing?

I'll go first, and this is rough math here, but I have between 6,000-7,000 individual images.

So, how about you? What'cha got?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good question. I just posted pictures of my "addiction" on my blog last night if you want to take a look. It would take me weeks to count individual images.

http://letmecrop.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

I suppose I only have about 600 individual stamps. I'd like about ten more sets. I've really decided to make a effort to stop buying stamps and focus on paper, ribbon, copics, etc. I hate how many stamps I rarely use...there is no point in buying more unless I start making more cards or sell some sets I don't use. I really like all my sets still and NEED to use those! I'm creating a card file so I can easily flip through my sets. It has REALLY made me wake up to what I have....I easily get on a "buying, collecting" binge...want, want, want instead of using what I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Oh gosh -I have no clue how many I have. I have been buying stamps for a very very very long time!! My stamps are now stored in jewel cases and I have a TON of those! I'm guessing I have in the thousands for individual stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

I have well over 100 SU sets and I would have to guess at around 300 - 400 individual stamps. My main addiction right now is buying cardstock and ribbon. I have all the Copic's and Shimmerz and I am looking at getting all of the ink pads that PTI has to match the cardstock, not to mention the fact that I have all of the SU colors in cardstock, ink pads, both craft and classic, makers, reinkers. What can I say when I find something that I really like I am OCD about having everything that they carry. I am also addicted to making cards so it evens out, in fact I just finished stamping images on 60 cards that I am making and now I am coloring them. I figure I would rather be addicted to buying cardmaking supplies than drugs or any of those bad habits that can really hurt you and your family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I cant even begin to count..it would take way too much valuable time to do so...I can easily say many thousand...plus all the sets from companies..I have over 600 sets of SU probably closer to 800 now..plus TAC, Flourishes, MFT, Papertrey..etc...enough to stock a store I am sure.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I remember being addicted to the 'hunt' and purchasing stamps. It was a bit thrilling!! Now there are only three companies I can't resist - Cornish Heritage Farms, Papertrey Ink, and Crafty Secrets. . . A Muse is getting there, too!

Other than those, I can talk myself out of just about anything!! And I have many different companies represented in my collection. Whenever I'm tempted, I go look at what I have and realize there are some I've hardly used that I love just as much. That's when I can resist.

It will be easy to count my sets as they are all in CD cases, and I have only a fraction of individual stamps compared to what's been mentioned here. Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I think I'll count them up!

Truth be told though, even if it is easier on my storage and the bank account, I do sometimes miss that time of shopping frenzy. I totally get it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 600 Likes on 244 Posts

I have the stuff, way too much of course, but I also have some kind of disease that makes me want to spend all my time scrappin.' When I'm driving around on errands, I think of my course around town in terms of craft/stamp/scrap stores. If a store closes, I have to force myself not to exit near its old site. When I'm on the computer, I only want to visit stamp/craft sites, stores and manufacturers. I'm brainwashed!
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I recently took an inventory of my "stuff" to add it to our homeowner's insurance and to get an idea of how much it actually costs to make a single card. The homeowner's thing was a fluke, really because the thought had occured to me that I purchased almost all of my stamps and non-consumable items when I was working. I lost my job last October and I recently realized that I would NEVER be able to replace all of that stuff in the same way I aquired it while working. I only started stamping a few months before I lost my job so I was able to buy a lot in a little time. (Thank God for that, too because I'd probably be going nuts without a job and a great hobby like stamping! God works in mysterious ways!!! lol)

Anyway, I have just over 200 individual stamps and 40 full sets of clear stamps plus another (just over) 50 of Studio G clear sets. I recently hit a sidewalk sale at my LSS and probably purchased another 10 clear sets so before I put them away, I'm adding it to my "inventory".

Last edited by mama2oliviamae; 04-23-2009 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: Weird wording
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #10  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

My actual addiction is to DP I have enough 12 x 12 to easily stock a store!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05

I have *very* limited storage in my home so my addiction does not have the freedom to mainifest itself in many new purchases... instead I spend far too much time on SCS and I feel antsy if I go more then 24 hours without creating something! Of course by creating pieces and using my supplies I then can justify new purchases to restock!

Check out my siggy to see how I feel about this hobby!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

OH MY GOSH!!!! I cannot believe how organized you are for having SO MUCH STUFF! I'm showing dh your blog post...he will never complain about how much stuff I have again. (even though I totally wish I did have that much! :p )

Quote:

Originally Posted by letmecropView Post
Good question. I just posted pictures of my "addiction" on my blog last night if you want to take a look. It would take me weeks to count individual images.

http://letmecrop.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 670 Likes on 422 Posts

i deal with numbers all day long so no i have never counted them...
but, i do have a photo blog that is strictly stamp photos and such so i can attempt to keep track of them (and its outdated) because, (its time consuming) & i have 14 new ones last week and a new one arrived today... lol

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 10:45 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

I have made a concious decision that I don't want a stamp room that has more than the local scrapbooking store has. I don't want all that clutter. I don't want unused piles of stamps. I only want what I use. It isn't easy to say no but I do. I can buy what ever I want so it would be easy to go overboard. I just don't want it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2009, 03:37 AM   #15  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not saying and don't want to know. I have a lot of stamps, but they all get used eventually, so I don't feel the least bit bad about having so many. Besides, I haven't spent on stamps nearly what DH has spent on bicycles, so I feel like I'm sort of behind, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes