Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-09-2015, 06:12 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Sizzix site issues/fall sale link

Anyone else having issues when they try to go into the fall sale area of Sizzix, I keep getting a warning popup from my virus software?

I can get into the site without issue but when I click on the link to the sale, I get a warning. I've tried both thru the email and by going to the site myself, that is how I know the main page is okay. I'm thinking it's actually a coding error and not a virus but not sure I'm willing to risk it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2015, 08:52 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Works fine for me. Maybe try clearing your history and/or rebooting your computer. I'm using Firefox.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2015, 05:30 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Still getting a warning today, thanks for the suggestions. I think it's time to do a little maintenance on my computer. This is NOT a site I want to have difficulty accessing.

I did check out the sale on my tablet, DH will be happy to know I didn't find any "must haves" this time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2015, 04:16 PM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 732 Likes on 354 Posts

I went in just now ok. I didnt know about the sale....I didnt see any knock outs either...well there was one tree circle die that I would not turn down if offered to me but I would do other things with it.

Do you leave your computer on all the time? You might want to just shut it off for awhile and let it do any upgrades it wants to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2015, 09:01 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Worked fine for me also. Glad nothing jumped into my cart. I didn't think the sales prices were all that great either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2015, 07:41 AM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone order from SMS (scrapbooking made simple)???? I have never heard of placing an order and not to receive it until 3 - 4 months later....... am I being unreasonable ????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2015, 09:41 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOldsView Post
Has anyone order from SMS (scrapbooking made simple)???? I have never heard of placing an order and not to receive it until 3 - 4 months later....... am I being unreasonable ????
I found this review under Yelp.com on this store:
Yes online orders do take a while, but you have to understand, they are a mom and pop store that gets so many orders, it is impossible for them to get the orders out as timely as many people would like. Especially if you order during their super busy times of the year like Shop Hop, Sizzix warehouse sale, Spellbinders warehouse sale, and CHA. If you need something sooner, go to the store and buy it. If you can wait and don't need it any time soon, but want it, then place and order.

They curently do not charge your credit card until it is being packaged for shipping. They don't hide anything. "it ships when it ships." They announce this all the time, especially when they are coming up to their busy times of year. I can't imagine how many orders they get during her big event times of the year mentioned above. Must be in the thousands.

So yes, it will take some time. The review says if you need it or want it soon, don't order it online. Kind of strange... Personally I would encourage the heck out of on-line revenue streams.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2015, 09:46 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

I'm reading a lot of reviews on the internet by people in the same boat. Didn't get their orders for months - ended up re-ordering elsewhere and then selling her shipment on e-bay when she finally shipped it. So you are in good company. Something to think about the next time you order - if you want it within the next 3 months, then don't buy it at this web site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

l tried to cancel my order but was told I can't do that either........ I am so disgusted....... well guess what I am going to do, once I get my order........ it will be my last order
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2015, 02:22 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

What kind of company tells potential customer to shop elsewhere if they want it fast? Wow! How do they stay in business?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2015, 06:59 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

If they do this, they should really just shut down the web ordering or give people an email alert that their orders will not be shipped for 3 months and do they really, really, really want to push that SUBMIT button.

I can see why they don't allow you to cancel an order. If people order, get mad and try to cancel the order - and they have already ordered it from their vendors - they can't keep up with orders as it is so cancelled orders is double the work. I don't blame them for this part of it.
Reply With Quote Likes