Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #121  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I remember, Paypal will hold their account for the refund.

I really like that "Come All Ye Faithful" set from Papertrey. Dogs in sweaters! It's cute.

I won't order though. Once I know a company has had customer service issues ordering from them seems like spinning the wheel on "Wheel of Fortune" just one more time. No matter what, that bankrupt is going to come up! I'm just too cheap to risk my money!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #122  
Compulsive Stamper

Add me to the list! I wrote to their customer service as well and told them of my feelings. I have never been a customer of theirs and now I never will be! I am a seller on an auction site and always bend over backwards to make my buyers happy if there is ever a problem. Why? Because I want them to come back! It's a drop in their bucket and look what Julie has created with their cheap policy! Who knows how many potential and also current customers she has lost because of this one tiny incident! So glad you got your money back and I'm sure she's stewing over losing. Sweet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #123  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
From what I remember, Paypal will hold their account for the refund.

I really like that "Come All Ye Faithful" set from Papertrey. Dogs in sweaters! It's cute.

I won't order though. Once I know a company has had customer service issues ordering from them seems like spinning the wheel on "Wheel of Fortune" just one more time. No matter what, that bankrupt is going to come up! I'm just too cheap to risk my money!
I think the dogs in the sweaters are cute too. I just didn't like that they attached the names of sacred Christmas carols to dogs. But otherwise, it is very cute.

You're right that ordering from them is a gamble! Good for you for being careful with your money!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #124  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovestamping2View Post
Add me to the list! I wrote to their customer service as well and told them of my feelings. I have never been a customer of theirs and now I never will be! I am a seller on an auction site and always bend over backwards to make my buyers happy if there is ever a problem. Why? Because I want them to come back! It's a drop in their bucket and look what Julie has created with their cheap policy! Who knows how many potential and also current customers she has lost because of this one tiny incident! So glad you got your money back and I'm sure she's stewing over losing. Sweet!
Good for you! It's excellent that you recognize the immense value of great customer service and took the time to let them know that they've lost a customer because of their attitude.
Thanks, I'm glad I got my money back too! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #125  
Stazon Splitcoast

just think about it this way Papertrey were never out $16 that is their marked up retail price, so even if they sell on the plate as used they should still be in profit. That is another reason that it is a no brainer to refund.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #126  
Inking Addict

I'm torn about something and would love to hear what you all think. I just listed a ton of my PTI sets in the buy/sell forum because I want to convert those products into money with which I can support other companies.
I have $44 in free "rewards" dollars left on my account with Papertrey. I should go ahead and redeem that and get the free stuff that I earned by shopping with them, right? Or would that somehow be going against what I'm trying to stand up for here? Hmmm...I wonder if I do place an order with just those free dollars, if my order will ever arrive...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #127  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Money Saver

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbpView Post
I'm curious how this works. You pay through PayPal and they send the money to said company for payment. When you dispute and PayPal gives you your money back - where do they get the money from? Does said company give the money to PayPal who in turn gives it to you? Or is PayPal out the money unless they are able to get it from said company? What if said company does not want to refund?
Paypal will charge this against future payments. The next person who orders from PTI through Paypal will have their entire payment credited, but $16 less will go to PTI, the rest will pay off PTI's debt to Paypal.
Make sense?
I wonder if they've already sold that plate with your fingerprints all over it...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #128  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof5sonsView Post
Paypal will charge this against future payments. The next person who orders from PTI through Paypal will have their entire payment credited, but $16 less will go to PTI, the rest will pay off PTI's debt to Paypal.
Make sense?
I wonder if they've already sold that plate with your fingerprints all over it...
LOL LOL :cool:

Excellent to know that about PayPal. Thanks for enlightening us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #129  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachipohliView Post
I'm torn about something and would love to hear what you all think. I just listed a ton of my PTI sets in the buy/sell forum because I want to convert those products into money with which I can support other companies.
I have $44 in free "rewards" dollars left on my account with Papertrey. I should go ahead and redeem that and get the free stuff that I earned by shopping with them, right? Or would that somehow be going against what I'm trying to stand up for here? Hmmm...I wonder if I do place an order with just those free dollars, if my order will ever arrive...
Tough to walk away from rewards, but I would on principle. It's up to you to decide if it's worth it, however.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #130  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I believe it's like a credit card company, in that they give the customer's money back then deduct it from the amount they send the dealer. I'm sure there is a 'flowing account' for PTI's orders through PayPal, so it would be deducted from that pool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #131  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Those dollars are yours. Don't forfeit them. You could always sell what you get with them. A good thing to get might be the anniversary set (although just one set, since they are $24). Just be advised that your $44 doesn't count towards the $70 free shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #132  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Those dollars are yours. Don't forfeit them. You could always sell what you get with them. A good thing to get might be the anniversary set (although just one set, since they are $24). Just be advised that your $44 doesn't count towards the $70 free shipping.
Yes, that's a good point. And yes, I have never paid shipping one time when ordering from them, but I had already planned on having to pay shipping on this order, since I won't be spending one dime over the $44 rewards dollars.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #133  
Stazon Splitcoast

Double check they haven't revoked them before you place the order. Considering everything else it wouldn't surprise me...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #134  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Of course I have a criminal record, that's why I'm trying to steal $16 from Papertrey! lol ;)

I did already report them to the BBB which then gets transferred to their local office. And I agree totally that it's not about $16, it's about the principle. To that end, I'm very happy to report that PAYPAL GAVE ME MY MONEY BACK!! (I guess they weren't convinced by the all those fingerprints all over the plate... ;) ) I highly doubt I'll be receiving the plate in the mail now, because I doubt that she ever sent it in the first place...and now that PayPal decided in my favor, she will definitely not send it back. That's good, I didn't need it in the first place; that's what started all of this!

YAY, PAYPAL!!!! Makes me more comfortable than ever to pay with their service.
I am so happy you got your money back. I am sure the person who read the fingerprint comment fell out of their chair laughing. I know I would have. I am sure PayPal has seen some crazy comments but that one had to be a top ten.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 10:51 PM   #135  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

I wouldn't trust it. This is just me I would have all sorts of scenario's running through my head. Are they going to spit on my order? Are they going to send me used stuff? I would keep thinking I made these people mad and they will probably do something mean.

I am actually a very positive person. I have seen some truly mean people in my life. Once I have been slapped I don't want to get slapped again so I stay away.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #136  
Kookie Creator

I would just walk away from them and forget the earned dollars, seems a bit hypocritical to order from them now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2013, 03:33 AM   #137  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by BathBelleView Post
I would just walk away from them and forget the earned dollars, seems a bit hypocritical to order from them now.
I agree. Once I am done with something, I don't look back.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2013, 04:25 AM   #138  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

wow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #139  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 509 Likes on 229 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovestamping2View Post
She's probably said "good riddance" and forgotten all about it! Sorry I'm so sarcastic this morning. ;)
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #140  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd never buy from PITI just on principle because of all the controversy they've caused, but luckily I've never thought their stamps were all that marvelous anyway. Every set I've ever seen of theirs I've seen on another company's website (just a bit different). I'll buy from reputable companies anyday. Gina K, Marco's Paper, Flourishes, Verve, SU, CTMH, AMuse, Stampendous, etc. etc etc. I don't even look at any blogs they're connected with. Just too many really great companies worth my coins.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #141  
Stampin' Fool

In contrast; I have a customer service story to tell that is how it should be done IMO. This happens to concern Stampin' Up! but I would share regardless of the company.
When the new catalog came out this year I decided to go ahead and order about six new colors that were now part of the line-up; just to freshen up my supplies. One of the colors I ordered was Island Indigo. I bought the 8 1/2 x 11 paper; ink pad and refill.
I unwrapped the ink pad and put it in my carousel; but never opened it.
Just this past week working on Christmas cards I wanted to use this color. Opened the ink pad and it had a HORRIBLE smell. Plus is was EXTRA juicy, to the point that bubbles would form on the top when I tried to ink my stamp. My stamp has a lot of solid areas and I thought the new ink pad would be great for good coverage.

Getting past the smell was one thing but I could not get good even coverage, the bubbles were forming on the stamp and giving me a very blotchy image. I tried scraping across the top of the pad with an old credit card and removed a good deal of ink. This still did not help the coverage issue plus it still SMELLED...and none of the other new ink pads I'd bought at the same time had these issues.
I finally emailed my demo and asked if she knew of any problems with this particular color. She said she would call SU and ask. They are sending me a replacement ink pad, no questions asked, no "send us your bad one" or "send us pictures of the images you are getting"....just ....brand new ink pad.
Now THAT is how customer service should be handled!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #142  
Inking Addict

Amen!! Yes, you're right, that IS how it should be done! I've had a similar experience with Stampin' Up (not an ink pad, but dried out markers). Their service is fantastic and I appreciate that very much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #143  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that's why I still have $25 in my account for over a year. I stopped shopping during the last PTI kerfluffle, and then got great service with SU once I joined as a demo, and haven't bought since. I do need to do something with the rewards though, in case they expire at some point...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #144  
Compulsive Stamper

After writing to PITI, this was Julie's response and I have included my email to them. Love the response!

Hi Diana,
Thank you for your email. I am sorry that you are so upset by what you have read on the internet, that you felt compelled to write to us.
As a company, we follow our policies to the letter. We believe in truth, honesty and integrity. Not everyone follows the same rules regardless of what they proclaim on the internet. We have never taken advantage of or lied to a single customer. We are not shooting ourselves in the foot, we are making sure that all of our customers are treated fairly and respectfully by following our written policies. While I fully understand you may not believe a word I say, I think you should consider there are two sides to every story and then there is the truth. Sometimes the louder you scream, the more you have to hide.
Thank you so much, Diana! I wish you all the best in you future endeavors.
Take care,
Julie Heskamp
Customer Service
Papertrey Ink

Diana Alvarez, Nov 14 16:32 (EST):
I have been reading all about your poor customer service on blogs so now you
can add me to the long and continually growing list of buyers who will NEVER
shop with you. I will spend my money elsewhere! Your communication skills
with your customers when there is a problem are appalling. Crafting
purchases are not a priority in these economic times and you are just
shooting yourselves in the foot just to save a few bucks. Good luck in
finding any customers willing to put up with such poor service. We WERE your
bread and butter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #145  
Inking Addict

Wow....I have so much to say to this, but no time right now...will add later. Suffice it to say, good job in sending the email that you did, Diana!! Well spoken!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #146  
Kookie Creator

Wow! That is so sad to hear about the awful experiences with PTI. I'm still staying away from them as a customer. I've had an awesome experience with Viva Las Vegas Stamps when I ordered the Inksentials stamp cleaner from them and they sent the staz-on cleaner instead. I asked about it and they said that they were out of stock on the one I ordered, gave me a refund on that item, and said to keep the wrong item for free. They're really nice , and I always get my orders quickly from them. I'm with the rest of you, I like the nice retailers. I'm more likely to shop from them again if they're kind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #147  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SCS Member Company The Cat's Pajamas is another company with awesome customer service who goes above and beyond to correct any order issues. I have bought a kerjillion packs of Neenah paper from them, and stamps and twine and buttons and dies to boot...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #148  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Is she writing the louder you scream part to the customer or herself??????? I'm confused....

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #149  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

I feel what u should do is order with ur rewards and then sell them here...so that u get money for the rewards that would otherwise be wasted if u weren't going to order....I haven't dealt with them direct but somehow I like their stuff as I have just been buying them used.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #150  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Is she writing the louder you scream part to the customer or herself??????? I'm confused....
I interpret this to be her commenting on the customer screaming - in others words the louder you complain. I interpret the second part of that sentence "the more you have to hide" to mean the customer is lying or hiding something. i.e. the louder a customer screams the more she seems to think they are not being truthful.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #151  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampinView Post
I interpret this to be her commenting on the customer screaming - in others words the louder you complain. I interpret the second part of that sentence "the more you have to hide" to mean the customer is lying or hiding something. i.e. the louder a customer screams the more she seems to think they are not being truthful.
I interpreted it to mean the same thing, that if someone (in this case, ME) is screaming loudly, it's because they have something to hide. But when you think about it, that doesn't even really make any sense. If I knew I were in the wrong (as in, I actually HAD sent back a used plate and knew I had been caught in the deception), why would I bother going to all the trouble of doing what I'm doing...it takes time and energy to write these posts, file a dispute with PayPal for a mere $16, file a complaint with the BBB and post everything on my blog as well. I wouldn't waste all of that time for an unrighteous cause where I knew I was wrong. I suppose someone would, but again, it goes back to the question of how many people in the crafting world do you think are the lying, thieving type? It just isn't that likely. Add that to the fact that Papertrey has had countless other complaints against them over the course of many years, and it starts to seem pretty outrageous for her to accuse the complainer of being the one who has something to hide.

The fact that she can still write "We believe in truth, honesty and integrity" makes me wonder if she isn't suffering from some kind of fully delusional mental disorder. She has dealt with losing customers left and right, up & down because of her terrible service and rude, condescending attitude OVER AND OVER again over many years and still insists that she is in the right?? ALL those customers are wrong and she ALONE is right? Wow, the arrogance is astounding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #152  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

I interpreted it to mean the same thing, that if someone (in this case, ME) is screaming loudly, it's because they have something to hide. But when you think about it, that doesn't even really make any sense. If I knew I were in the wrong (as in, I actually HAD sent back a used plate and knew I had been caught in the deception), why would I bother going to all the trouble of doing what I'm doing...it takes time and energy to write these posts, file a dispute with PayPal for a mere $16, file a complaint with the BBB and post everything on my blog as well. I wouldn't waste all of that time for an unrighteous cause where I knew I was wrong. I suppose someone would, but again, it goes back to the question of how many people in the crafting world do you think are the lying, thieving type? It just isn't that likely. Add that to the fact that Papertrey has had countless other complaints against them over the course of many years, and it starts to seem pretty outrageous for her to accuse the complainer of being the one who has something to hide.

The fact that she can still write "We believe in truth, honesty and integrity" makes me wonder if she isn't suffering from some kind of fully delusional mental disorder. She has dealt with losing customers left and right, up & down because of her terrible service and rude, condescending attitude OVER AND OVER again over many years and still insists that she is in the right?? ALL those customers are wrong and she ALONE is right? Wow, the arrogance is astounding.
Rachel, I understand that you are very upset about this whole situation, and I've read all the posts.

With all good intentions, I do want to tell you that there is something called "defamation of character" in the law. I know you believe that has been done to you by the remarks made by the owner of Papertrey...

But the same claim could be made by the owner. If I were you I would be careful about using words in a public forum like the above opinion about her mental state.

How Do I Prove Defamation of Character?

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #153  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Rachel, I understand that you are very upset about this whole situation, and I've read all the posts.

With all good intentions, I do want to tell you that there is something called "defamation of character" in the law. I know you believe that has been done to you by the remarks made by the owner of Papertrey...

But the same claim could be made by the owner. If I were you I would be careful about using words in a public forum like the above opinion about her mental state.

How Do I Prove Defamation of Character?
That's a good point, thanks for pointing it out. But I wasn't stating it as a fact, or making a "claim", just "wondering". And, as it says in that article that you gave the link to, opinions are typically protected, and what I said above was definitely just an opinion (as you stated), and not even a formed opinion at that, just a speculation and not a statement of fact.

Nevertheless, thank you for sharing, I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #154  
Stazon Splitcoast

Conversely PTI have definitely called the poster a liar which IS defamation of character, and ssubstantiated the claim with a claim about her fingerprints...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #155  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Conversely PTI have definitely called the poster a liar which IS defamation of character, and ssubstantiated the claim with a claim about her fingerprints...
I understand, but Papertrey may have "deeper pockets" than Rachel, and probably has a lawyer on a retainer. Lawsuits can be filed and must then be defended. Even if there ends up being nothing proved, it can be a royal pain to be taken to court.

We are a very litigious society, and anyone with money for court costs can file a suit. It may be dismissed, but as I said it can be a royal pain to be sued, even when you are actually innocent, and in fact may be the injured party.

If you are sued, you must respond. Every day I see preposterous things on the news about things like this.

I personally would not take a chance of something happening for $16.00.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2013, 04:52 AM   #156  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampinView Post
I was being sarcastic. I think the fact that she even replied proves that she's trying to convince herself she's done nothing wrong. If she REALLY thought she was doing the right thing I don't think she should have even replied.

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2013, 04:57 AM   #157  
Stazon Splitcoast

PTI would also have to decide if it would be worth the bad press to litigate. Blogs and Forums are one thing but I would get myself booked on every morning show about the ridiculousness of the situation if it were me and they sued. At the moment I would just try to keep to the facts.

And FWIW I like PTI designs etc. However I keep waiting for new ownership and management before I will commit my money. I shop for ethical reasons all the time, this is no different to me.

Last edited by RiverIsis; 11-17-2013 at 05:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2013, 04:59 AM   #158  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
I was being sarcastic. I think the fact that she even replied proves that she's trying to convince herself she's done nothing wrong. If she REALLY thought she was doing the right thing I don't think she should have even replied.
I agree. The reply itself had me scratching my head. Why reply to something that clearly didn't require a reply? Your explanation makes sense.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2013, 07:13 AM   #159  
Inking Addict

Something has been on my mind and I feel compelled to share it here. While I do feel that it was the right thing to share my experience here - mainly because I know this is not an isolated incident and all customers both potential and current should be able to make an informed decision about whether to shop there or not - I have been convicted about the way I have expressed myself at times. There is a way to speak about the truth without being unnecessarily unkind (even though the truth is sometimes pretty ugly) and I have not always done that. As a Christian who seeks to glorify God with my life, I realize that I have fallen very short of that here in some of the things I have said because I wrote in anger because I perceived an injustice (not just to me, but all of their customers), which is something that tends to make me very angry. However, I need to not allow my anger to take control of me. From here on out, if I have anything to add to this discussion, I will stick to facts and try to express myself in a more kind manner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #160  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Something has been on my mind and I feel compelled to share it here. While I do feel that it was the right thing to share my experience here - mainly because I know this is not an isolated incident and all customers both potential and current should be able to make an informed decision about whether to shop there or not - I have been convicted about the way I have expressed myself at times. There is a way to speak about the truth without being unnecessarily unkind (even though the truth is sometimes pretty ugly) and I have not always done that. As a Christian who seeks to glorify God with my life, I realize that I have fallen very short of that here in some of the things I have said because I wrote in anger because I perceived an injustice (not just to me, but all of their customers), which is something that tends to make me very angry. However, I need to not allow my anger to take control of me. From here on out, if I have anything to add to this discussion, I will stick to facts and try to express myself in a more kind manner.
Rachel, thanks for sharing your heartfelt thoughts. It takes a big person to be able to back up a bit and try to get another perspective on things.

I know this whole thing has been a very disturbing experience for you to go through.

I do wish you the best, and however this turns out, don't be too hard on yourself. We are all only human, after all, and anger can get the best of us sometimes.

Reply With Quote Likes