Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-14-2015, 04:58 PM   #41  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
I saw a sign several years ago, and decided that my creativity must have it's time: "A Clean House is the sign of a Wasted Life"
I have a sign on my refrigerator that says, "Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses." That's my mantra!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2015, 07:39 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My philosophy is summed up by this rubber stamp I own:

My idea of housekeeping is to sweep the room with a glance.

So obviously I would rather stamp!

Come check out my Gallery and leave a comment!
FS465
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2015, 12:01 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HELP......SOS......SEND HELP!!! I'm DROWNING in HOUSEWORK!! I will NOT allow myself to sit down until "all the housework is caught up"!! Between 4 kids, aging parents, volunteering, part time work, sports, scouts, church, school parent, fund raisers, etc etc.....its NEVER "done". And by evening time, my creativity has been completely zapped by exhaustion!! We cannot afford a housekeeper/maid. I seem to make time for everybody else......except ME......sigh......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2015, 04:00 AM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 456 Likes on 307 Posts

Uggg...yep, no matter WHAT, housework is never done, so if you can't sit down till it's done you ARE in trouble! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2015, 05:35 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrellyshirleyView Post
HELP......SOS......SEND HELP!!! I'm DROWNING in HOUSEWORK!! I will NOT allow myself to sit down until "all the housework is caught up"!! Between 4 kids, aging parents, volunteering, part time work, sports, scouts, church, school parent, fund raisers, etc etc.....its NEVER "done". And by evening time, my creativity has been completely zapped by exhaustion!! We cannot afford a housekeeper/maid. I seem to make time for everybody else......except ME......sigh......
You know, I think things come and go in the seasons of life. I have lots of time to craft as an empty nester. When I was working 60-70 hours a week, not so much. But you are in the "sandwich" with kids and aging parents. Other things have your priority. But know that these things change with time and there will come a day when you are not exhausted and you can rediscover your stamping mojo. Hang in there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2015, 06:03 AM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=squirrellyshirley;21094091]HELP......SOS......SEND HELP!!! I'm DROWNING in HOUSEWORK!! I will NOT allow myself to sit down until "all the housework is caught up"!! Between 4 kids, aging parents, volunteering, part time work, sports, scouts, church, school parent, fund raisers, etc etc.....its NEVER "done". And by evening time, my creativity has been completely zapped by exhaustion!! We cannot afford a housekeeper/maid. I seem to make time for everybody else......except ME......sigh......[/QUOTE/]

I'm not sure if you really want advice or are just venting but here are some things to consider. You must be feeling really overwhelmed. Are you able to delegate? If you have school age kids, do they have chores? Can the whole family pitch in on Saturday morning including hubby? Can you relax your standards a little? Just a little?

Can you practice saying no? "I appreciate how important this activity (fundraiser, volunteering, school parent) is, but I have to decline." You don't have to explain why just keep saying no until they realize that this time you really mean no.

Can you say no to your kids? Can you say you get to choose ONE activity for fall, winter, spring? If they're in scouts they don't do sports. If they're in dance then they don't do scouts.

Are their other siblings who can help out with the parents? If they are in the area can you call a meeting and say we need to share the care of the parent. Some one take care of doctor visits, or do the outside chores or what. If they aren't in the area then add up your time and mileage and tell them you would like them to contribute a small amount of money to cover the gas or money you spend towards the parent's needs. Could that cover cleaning help? ;)

Just some thoughts. Good luck!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2015, 09:36 AM   #47  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

My very-much-volunteering grown daughter has a mug that says "Stop me before I volunteer again"
You MUST say no to some things; you MUST delegate some work...just to stay sane, let alone have time to craft.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2015, 10:05 AM   #48  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I am late to the party but, STAMP! No question.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2015, 01:03 PM   #49  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a good laugh at this one. NO BRAINER for me, clean (NOT!!!!!!!!!!!).

Stamp away, I say. It's even in my tagline that I am a procraftinator (got that term right here on SCS)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2015, 06:35 PM   #50  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,391 Likes on 521 Posts

I DID craft! And I crafted everyday this week. I did housework for 15 minutes or so here and there as a break from crafting. And now, tomorrow morning, my girls are helping me clean more thoroughly. After putting 700 miles on my car this week driving the three of them to activities, I expect them to help! We limit them to one activity at a time, but times it by three and it still is a lot!

Everyone's perspectives have been so fun to read!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2015, 07:54 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

[QUOTE=tigerlily55;21094233]
Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrellyshirleyView Post
HELP......SOS......SEND HELP!!! I'm DROWNING in HOUSEWORK!! I will NOT allow myself to sit down until "all the housework is caught up"!! Between 4 kids, aging parents, volunteering, part time work, sports, scouts, church, school parent, fund raisers, etc etc.....its NEVER "done". And by evening time, my creativity has been completely zapped by exhaustion!! We cannot afford a housekeeper/maid. I seem to make time for everybody else......except ME......sigh......[/QUOTE/]

I'm not sure if you really want advice or are just venting but here are some things to consider. You must be feeling really overwhelmed. Are you able to delegate? If you have school age kids, do they have chores? Can the whole family pitch in on Saturday morning including hubby? Can you relax your standards a little? Just a little?

Can you practice saying no? "I appreciate how important this activity (fundraiser, volunteering, school parent) is, but I have to decline." You don't have to explain why just keep saying no until they realize that this time you really mean no.

Can you say no to your kids? Can you say you get to choose ONE activity for fall, winter, spring? If they're in scouts they don't do sports. If they're in dance then they don't do scouts.

Are their other siblings who can help out with the parents? If they are in the area can you call a meeting and say we need to share the care of the parent. Some one take care of doctor visits, or do the outside chores or what. If they aren't in the area then add up your time and mileage and tell them you would like them to contribute a small amount of money to cover the gas or money you spend towards the parent's needs. Could that cover cleaning help? ;)

Just some thoughts. Good luck!
I just wanted to add my support to what Martha said here. It is IMPERATIVE that you take time for you! If you never take time to re-charge the batteries, they will just run down and you will be of no use to anyone - and sick yourself! I've been where you are, and you NEED to recruit help - even if it's just a tiny smattering of something somewhere! Worn out, used up and ill is where you're headed otherwise, I'm a-feared... Best of luck to you on this!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2015, 09:00 AM   #52  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,391 Likes on 521 Posts

These suggestions are great! My original post about a dilemma was done in humor, with sarcasm. You truly are doing a lot, WAY more than a lot! I hope you are able to use these suggestions and find a bit of time to relax. Caring for family members is definitely an act of love and service and worthy of anyone's time, but the caregiver does need a break, too. Saying no to things that truly aren't within your priorities is so liberating and could give you the break you sound like you need.
Reply With Quote Likes