Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #121  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I've yet to find a good set of inside sentiments, but I haven't looked all that hard.
I just saw these Cornish Heritage Farms sets by chance a couple days ago. I really like the birthday & wedding sets!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 10:09 AM   #122  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
LOL, sounds more like X-Files than papercrafting! ;) Actually, SU and CTMH and others are more geared towards the beginners. It's the artists, those dastardly, "artsy fartsy" folk that feverishly pile on the stuff, lol! If you think about it, many of those same artists "used" to be with SU, CTMH and others, but evolved away from them to a more complicated style.

Now the paper companies....THEY are the true evil puppetmasters, lol! It's a grand plan on their part to enslave us all by addicting us to paper fumes....
You crack me, Betsy! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 05:17 PM   #123  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

A LOT of companies should take the hint and make a nice set of larger to see inside sentiments!!! Puleeze
Why wait for a compnay to make them, why not make your own.

I have templates on word documents for inserts, for most of the card sizes I make, and just change the wording on the sentiment accordingly depending on who the card is for. It does take a little time to get the spacing just right but initially what I did was I cut a piece of paper the exact size of the card the insert was for and gently folded it in half then put it in the printer and spaced it just right (eventually lol). It does take a bit of time but I print it out on 'draft 'so it doesn't waste nearly as much ink till I got it just right but once it's done the document is then saved for ever.

I only do this for ordered cards though (mainly for special occasions) and the general cards I sell are left blank. The sizes I find that sell best are the 5" and the 6" square cards followed by the 5 x 7 cards.
For those that are ordered specially, most people seem to prefer the A4 folded as they are for special occasions ie milestone birthday, weddings, new baby etc

hth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #124  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sure there is a thread in the Downloads section that has card sentiments in Excel. There is nothing I know of that is stopping any of us from having them made up or using that stamp maker thingy to do it. LOL

The thing is most of us like something a bit flourishy that would co-ordinate with the outside sentiment...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #125  
Stampin' Fool

Eager to start making my own cards, and knowing no one that did, I was so shocked at the size of the first A-2 card I cut. I said to self: How pathetically LITTLE! The close-ups in the gallery look much larger back before Jenn and the SCS team made them even larger for our viewing. Its a given that we love to get 2 cards from 8 1/2" x 11" CS. 12x12 is harder to come by and much more expensive. Our widdle stamps do work great on A-2, so why go bigger.
I don't sell cards but I still feel a little uncomfortable giving small A-2 card sets to my family which mails out a lot of all occasion cards. I have been asked why they're so small.
I love heavily embellished cards and distressed/sponged edges but crooked stitching and staples are just plain nasty to me. I could never give a card with them. Guess it all comes down to the eyes of the beholder.
Joan, you've given us a lot to consider. Thank you for doing the survey. My feelings are reinforced by the results. I loved reading all the comments.
May God bless, Sandi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #126  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
I'm sure there is a thread in the Downloads section that has card sentiments in Excel. There is nothing I know of that is stopping any of us from having them made up or using that stamp maker thingy to do it. LOL

The thing is most of us like something a bit flourishy that would co-ordinate with the outside sentiment...
Here is the thread with the complied and very well organized list of sentiments:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

I find this spreadsheet to be EXTREMELY valuable and use it every time I print out an inside liner for the card.

As for the inside, I line it with a piece of nice paper with the sentiment printed on it. I attach the liner with photo tabs and put the card, an unused envelope and a small piece of paper that says "This is a "green" card. Remove the white inner liner and reuse the card with the enclosed envelope." all into a clear envelope and mail it off that way. From the feedback I've gotten so far, people seem to LOVE it. Then again the people that think it's weird to reuse a card aren't going to tell me that.

Laura
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #127  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

My friends also ALWAYS wanted to know what was in the inside of the cards!
EVERY time I make a card and show it to my hubby, he opens it up to see what is inside. Usually, nothing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 12:43 PM   #128  
Gallery Gazer

(giggle) I have been known to text myself a sentiment I read on cards in other peoples houses, the store, etc...for future need. Or, go through my card boxes for greetings saved from store bought cards.

Usually though, I don't worry about sentiments. The sentiment to me is in the making of the card...I'll write something personal at the time I give or send it.

Someone mentioned the instant gratification of our society with texting and emails, etc...and I agree. Its sad that people don't want to take the time to actually compose a five or six word sentence to a loved one or friend.

Great info!
Reply With Quote Likes