Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-03-2005, 07:07 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default organizing all your stuff

I need to start organizing my stamping and scrapping stuff. Any suggestions on how to do this? I will be buying shelves to put stuff on and I just have a desk in my stamping area.

TIA
Beth
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 07:37 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Default organizing

Hi Beth! I am Beth, too!
I have a computer desk for all my stuff.

I put cardstock in hanging file folders in the drawer.

I stack sets on the top of the hutch part of the desk, and also on shelves up on the wall.

I put ink pads in a really cool ink shelf I bought from www.dekdevelopment.net (It was about $80, but so worth it...it holds all 48 colors, each in their individual space, AND, it fits right on my desk in the corner!

I use a white wire shelf (the kind that hangs on the wall or inside a cupboard) for ribbons. It has two shelves and holds 30 spools right now! I thread the ends of the ribbons through the individual slots that are part of the wire shelf, so it is easy to pull what I want right off the wall.

Oh, a lazy susan is handy to hold the stuff I use all the time. Pens, tape, erasers, scissors, etc. I just put different "pencil holder cups" on it and spin to get what I need!

I hope this helps give you some ideas! I haven't figured out yet how to get a picture on the site. When I do, I will upload it!! There is a place on here with just pictures of people's stamp rooms, etc. I am not sure now where to find it though...maybe a search would help you find it and some pictures to look at - that's what I did!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 07:39 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

I have shelves for my stamp sets and magazines and scrapbooks. I also bought plastic Rubbermaid stackable drawers for all my miscellaneous stuff. I have drawers labeled for these:
1.Eyelets/brads/misc. fasteners.
2. Adhesives
3. Chalks/paints (sponges, brushes too!)
4. Scissors (I have a ton on decorative edge scissors for scrapbooking)
5. Punches
6. Ribbon (I will be putting my spools of ribbon on a hanger of some sort soon, but for right now I use this for fibers and ribbon).
7. Misc. single stamps
8. Glitter, UTEE, Pearl Ex, embossing powders
9. Stamping tools (this one is a BIG drawer that holds heat gun, crimper, melting pot, craft trays, cleaning pads, brayers).
10. Stamping wheels, handles, ink cartridges.
11. I also have a big drawer that holds my Creative Memories cutting system and self-healing mat.
12. I also have another big drawer on the bottom of one of the stacks of drawers for miscellaneous stuff I don't have a specific place for.

I have two stacks of these drawers (of equal height), and I put one stack on each side of my craft table. Then I put a long piece of wood on top of the stacks for an extra shelf above my craft table to put my set of markers, a Pampered Chef turnabout with miscellaneous tools (bone folder, stipple brushes, exacto knife. dry embossing utensils, extra pens/pencils).

I have my ink pads in a caddy on my craft table.

I have a file cabinet for my 8 1/2 x 11 paper (don't have any 12 x 12 SU paper yet - will have to figure something else out for that!) and misc. SU demo paper stuff.

Hope this gives you some ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 07:56 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Default Organizing

I just recently redid my craft room with things from the container store. I bought two desks (one for stamping and one for decorative painting. Their desks have legs on one side and wire drawers on the other. You can configure the drawers however you want them. I have two shallow ones and two deep ones. I also have a shelf that I hung that holds 50 ink pads and has a rod across the bottom that I put my ribbon on (then when I want ribbon I just un-wind it off the spool).

One really neat idea -- At Bet Bath and Beyond in the kitchen knife section they stock the magnetic strips that you mount on the wall to put your knives on. I mounted one on my wall and it holds my hole punchers, scissors, small hammer and eyelet punch/tools. How convenient it works for me!!!

Good luck on your organization!!!
Linda Bien
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 07:56 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks so much... you both were very helpful!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 07:58 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Organized

I have four stacks of drawers on wheels each with about 5 drawers. I keep all sorts of stuff in them. Plan to label them someday. I also have a bankers box of paper with my 8.5 x 11 papers standing up in a rainbow pattern. I also have some rubbermaid bins that sit on top of the wheeled carts for big things like the punches. Not as organized as some of the above, but definitely better than a pile in the corner.
Reply With Quote Likes