Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There may not seem to be as much excitement because demos are not permitted to put photos on their blogs until the new catalog is officially out. SU has asked demos not to post them and most are abiding by this. This is an effort to even the playing field, so to speak.

Since the catalogs do not arrive at the same time due to bulk shipping, some demos have theirs a week or more before others. Some demos have been frustrated that customers in other parts of the country have a catalog even before they do.

I can tell you from the chatter on the demo side there are some great things coming in this new catty, particularly the accessories!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 06:02 AM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been buying stamps from SU for over 10 years now and I am no longer excited by the new catty. I am noticing some stamps that look extremely similiar to some of the older sets and I prefer to space my buying out over a year instead of 6 months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 06:16 AM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am excited about the new catty - especially after I heard some new sizzix dies were coming out. I don't use my supplies as much as I want so between that and the economy I have definately become more aware of what I buy and have cut back. Plus, although wood is by far my fav I have two issues, one is storage space is getting tight. The competititon that SU! faces offers me cheaper alternatives for stamps that I like. I do like the variety that 2 cattys gives the customer but my demo is a good friend of mine and the 2 retiring sets is making it tough for to continue.

Andrea

Last edited by ekip2; 01-11-2009 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: because I'm having computer issues and it keeps sending when I hit enter to move to a new paragraph.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #44  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm Excited about the New Stampin' Up! catalog coming out!!!

I only wish that they would go back to one catalog per year. And carry more Manley Stamps.

I'm a Customer and don't always like forking over more money for two catalogs per year.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #45  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with other posters here - two catalogs a year - especially with the spring one just coming following Christmas is overwhelming. While I'm excited about the new stuff - I love SU - it's still overwhelming ot manage! It's hard to think spring with a foot of snow on the ground and sub-zero temps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was fortunate to attend the regional meeting in Orlando yesterday. I'm not a demo, I went as a guest. I was so excited because it was actually hosted by Shelli herself! It was a great meeting with so many talented folks.

Anyhow, there was one lady sitting by us that attended leadership and had the new catty with her. I took a quick look through it and sadly, was not wowed. There were 2 stamp sets and about 5 designer papers packs that I must have.

I think that when the catty came out once a year they would do a bigger overhaul of the product instead of minor changes like we see now - just my opinion : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 07:38 PM   #47  
Polyshrink Goddess

I like having two cattys a year especially if they add new stamp sets. It's disappointing that so many DSPs are being retired with this catalog. That's a very short period of time to have DSP available and I bet it's also expensive for the demos too. I wish that SU would decrease the number of 'friend' ,'thank you' word stamps and flower sets. I would love a 'TEA' set that's not cutsey.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 09:25 PM   #48  
Glitter Guru

So far with the sneak peeks in the demo forums i haven't been impressed. I was hoping for a nice Coffee Set. I don't like the old time looking sets. The dog set again looks cartoony. I think I am just going to let my demoship drop there are too many other places to get stuff anyways now with stamps everywhere and papertrey has a good variety of cardstock going for cheaper and thicket.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #49  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew It SeamsView Post
I like the two cattys a year - except that I belong to a 10 Club, and my party isn't until May, so I can't get the hostess sets in the fall/winter catty!
Maybe that is part of my problem too - I'm in a Stamp Camp with 10 people including myself. We only meet every other month and I was a hostess EARLY like the second month so I'm done. Hmmm....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #50  
Glitter Guru

well, I"M excited!! I love getting a new catty! I have been a SU costomer now for 5 years, and I have every stamp theme I need, but I always find something that I love in every catty. I love looking through cattys even if I don't love the sets. I love having two cattys just because I love getting the new one with all the samples--even if I don't care for the image used, I love seeing the colors and layouts. I love to see different ways to use the embelishments. I love the very thought of a new catalog and would buy it even if there was not a single set I wanted to order. I can't wait to see it! I will stay up all night poring over those pictures! My only problem is that my demo is not as excited and hasn't even ordered extra cattys yet, so she iwll get her own copy, and I will have to wait until she decides to order some for me--I am her only regular costomer here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunamokView Post
My only problem is that my demo is not as excited and hasn't even ordered extra cattys yet, so she iwll get her own copy, and I will have to wait until she decides to order some for me--I am her only regular costomer here.
Are you kidding me?!! psssttt ~ I'd take that kind of enthusiasm to another demo ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #52  
Matboard Maniac

We'll I have finally seen the catty and I was not impressed with the stamp sets. I've seen so many other companies with ones I much prefer. I did however love some of their papers and some of the die cuts are really neat. I guess this will be my second year of purchasing their supplies rather then stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #53  
ch
Mad Swapper

Just got my catty--there is plenty of fun stuff!! Something for everyone I would say.
Would you like it if your LSS only got new merchandise once a year?? I think not! SU has a beautiful catty with so many ideas--two is good!
Prefer unmounted?? That is how they come--mount them any way you want. Donate the cute little wood blocks to a local pre-school and make someones day!! I personally like wood mounted--but I have yet to e-mail PTI and beg them to include wood mounts.
Sorry for the rant--hubby is late, I must be hungry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #54  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsavardView Post
We'll I have finally seen the catty and I was not impressed with the stamp sets. I've seen so many other companies with ones I much prefer. I did however love some of their papers and some of the die cuts are really neat. I guess this will be my second year of purchasing their supplies rather then stamps.
My thoughts exactly...and I miss the recipe section. And some of the stamp sets have a slight price increase...stamp pads are increased also.
I do however like the color combo's they are using.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #55  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't wait to see the new catty. Not because of the stamps (I have fallen in love with some really cute stamps recently and probably won't buy SU stamps, but I am excited about all the new accessories and the big shot stuff. (Since sizzix seems to be the only company that sells dies and embossing stuff, that you can use to sell cards with online) I just can't wait to see what they got, I love SU papers and accessories!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #56  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

ok...........have paged through it for a couple of days now and nothing says "MUST BUY."

Lots of flowers sets again. Only 2 men sets (one is a repeat).
Reply With Quote Likes