Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking to make more stamp cleaner...

So, I have made more own stamp cleaner in the past, with Orange Glow, and I have seen Simple Green used a lot as well. (I used Orange Glow, Distilled Water & Glycerin). I could not remember the ratios, and I know that there are a lot of threads in SCS in making your own, so I have been revisiting a lot of those over the last few days.

I used alcohol free wipes a lot, but I know that those can get costly over time.

Now, when I ran to 3 stores yesterday, I could not find Orange Glow or Simple Green. Yes, I was surprised that neither T@rget, or Wally's had it.

I picked up some Method All Purpose Cleaner from T@rget. It says that it is all natural & has "Non-Toxic Plant Based Powergreen Technology". It is also pink & smells like yummy grapefruit. (and I bought the matching bottle of handsoap...)

I am wondering if I could replace the Simple Green/Orange Glow with this? No bleach or ammonia. Being the Geek that I am, I also read the Material Safety Data Sheet on it, and it specifically says that it does not list any reactions or incompatibilities with other materials.

Am I wrong in thinking I can make this substitution? I am laughing at my self at how much I am questioning this - I never think twice about grabbing a diaper wipe.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I do believe Method is the same as organic Simple Green...I have not read the label, but they both will not kill any plant matter, like grass with cleaning outdoor things...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks, Karen!

Wanted you all to know that I did email Method & they replied to let me know that Method is safe on all Rubber & Man Made Products.

Whooo Hooo! Back to making my own stamp cleaner - with something that smells so darn good!!
Reply With Quote Likes