Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Know of any Stamp Stores in Boston?

Hi! I'm from Texas and visiting Boston in a few days for a conference. I was hoping to get some time out to visit one or two fun stamp stores while I was there. Anyone know of any places? Sure would appreciate any recommendations you might have! Much thanks! --Terri
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2008, 02:39 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in Boston a couple of years ago and could find no stores in Boston proper. The nearest store(s) according to the concierge and other hotel staff. . . which was a Mikes store *snore* . . . was about 6 miles away . . . cab fare each way was estimated to be $35 . . . if there are other stores in Boston, then they're a very well kept secret.

Since Boston is a walking town, I literally walked everywhere for a week and never found a thing. :( So disappointing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2008, 02:43 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I was in Boston a couple of years ago and could find no stores in Boston proper. The nearest store(s) according to the concierge and other hotel staff. . . which was a Mikes store *snore* . . . was about 6 miles away . . . cab fare each way was estimated to be $35 . . . if there are other stores in Boston, then they're a very well kept secret.

Since Boston is a walking town, I literally walked everywhere for a week and never found a thing. :( So disappointing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2008, 02:51 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2008, 03:05 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I was in Boston last fall and happened upon a nice paper store with some stamps and accessories- Paper Source and it was on one of the main streets near the big park in the downtown area.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc

Last edited by craftdoc; 03-03-2008 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: found name
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2008, 05:10 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Last time I was there, there was a store right by Boston Commons (the big park) that was called Black Ink (I want to say it was on Charles ST. but not positive)... VERY COOL! Lots of fun embellishments, and right next door was a paper store with some *gorgeous* handmade (but pricey) papers. In Fanuiel Hall (big tourist attraction) there was a stamp store. It was probably 5 years ago, but you might give them a try... Oh, how I envy you... I love Boston! ;)

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2008, 05:30 AM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Default bostom stamp stores

Boston proper is limited in selection. Paper-Source is a great shop for all kinds of supplies. They have two stores (one downtown Boston and one in Brookline). Most stamp shops are outside Boston, near the NH line.
Peggy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2008, 06:05 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi. I was in Boston a couple of weeks ago for 9 days (and I was also there late November/early December last year). :mrgreen:

There's Paper Source on Boylston Street (street behind and parallel to Newbury Street) near the Boston Common end of Boylston. It's brilliant! They have their own range of stamps as well as some from other companies and lots of nice paper-related things and other gifts.

The stamp "booth" is still there in Faneuil Hall - I thought it was only ok, but worth a visit as it seems to be a one lady owned stall and the lady was really nice. It's on the ground floor.

There's a Dick Blick art store near Fenway (we walked there from the centre of Boston - straight down Newbury and over a big main highway crossing, about 20 mins from the centre) and caught the T back. It's right beside the T stop for Fenway. Good for copic markers and prismacolor pencils etc.

I visited Michaels at lower Everett (Gateway Plaza retail park)/Somerville area by cab on both occassions... it was $20 each way for the fare. (Which is about �10 in UK GBP, so good value for me as everything in Michaels is so much cheaper than the UK - I just stocked up on basic things like scrapbooking papers and ribbons etc, but didn't buy any stamps there).

I also hired a car whilst I was there in February and my favourite store was Ink About It in Westford, less than an hour's drive from Boston (north west, I think it was - Fitchburg direction). You could take the train to Acton or Littleton and then hire a cab if you don't want to drive. One of the best stores I've ever visited! It is worth the effort. Loads of stamps, papers and everything else... They had A-muse Stamps, Memory Box, Hero, Impression Obsession - just about everything I was looking for. I hope to visit again one day. We drove to Concord for lunch afterwards and visited numerous other places; hiring the car was brilliant - I was amazed how rural everything was only 45 mins from Boston. The roads back into Boston were a bit of a nightmare, though - returning the hire car to the central location we hired it from was a joy (nope!).

There's also a brilliant store in Topsfield (I'm afraid I can't remember where that is!) which you can visit by car. It's called Absolutely Everything.

Hope this helps!
Elaine

Stampin' Up! demonstrator - Scotland
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #9  
Inking Addict

Thanks much! I appreciate everyone's responses! Should be fun either way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

INK ABOUT IT ROCKS!!! in Westford
Reply With Quote Likes