Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-13-2005, 05:14 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 50 Likes on 45 Posts
Default just curious..

But I have such a hard time getting to stamp right now,. those of you that can do so many a day,. do you work outside the home and or have kids? WHERE DO YOU FIND THE TIME??? I need to stamp at 1 am just for the peace and quiet!! I was just wondering...maybe when they get to pre-school I can actually eek out a card a day
Old 05-13-2005, 05:18 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm only 23 work from my house ,no kids of my own, my daycare kids nap for 2+ hours a day and I can't find the time or when I have the time energy to stamp daily! But I get a lot done in a week cause I will sit down a few times a week for hours on end!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 05:25 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Great question! I was wondering the same thing myself earlier today as I was looking at yet another creative design! My kids are both in school all day and I can't find the time...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 05:27 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I work about 25 hours a week, and have a 3 year old. We stamp together, but I can't get much done unless I am CASEing. If I am trying to be creative, I need to be alone. I gave up trying to do volume.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 05:28 PM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

That's what nap time is for!! Seriously, my younger two take 2-3 hr naps and my oldest uses the time to play on the computer undisturbed. MamaK and I can then stamp. Some days I do other stuff or take a nap on the couch, but usually I stamp.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 05:36 PM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Received 50 Likes on 45 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
That's what nap time is for!!.
in a few weeks we'll be all settled in the new house and it will go a bit easier, right now it takes 20 minutes to set up and another 20 to undo all my stuff....that knocks out nap time, but soon it will be out 24/7 for me(ahhhhh stamping bliss) which will make everything so much easier!
Old 05-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Yeah, it was harder at my mom's because I had to set things up. Now I have a room so as soon as they are down I am in there ready to go. Hopefully when you move, it'll be better for you too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

I work full time as a teacher... so I also bring my work home. But, I have an awesome hubby, step-dad to my handicapped son, who just takes over sometimes so I can have time for stamping and scrapping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 05:57 PM   #9  
The Digi-Freak

My stamp area is always set up and when babies nap, mama plays!!

My rule is that 12:00 noon girls go to bed... and I don't want to see/smell/hear/anything from you for a solid 2 hours. I prefer 3, but will handle 2 ;)

Granted, lately with Katie's ear infection I've been lenient ;) but that's my rule.... which means sometimes the 2yo has to play in her room by herself if she takes a short nap... but that's not gonna hurt her!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 06:15 PM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

I am slow lately and haven't made too many cards and haven't scrap booked in months. I was laid off in August and am spending a lot of my time looking for a job. Now that I'm home all the time, dh likes that I cook, prefers that I clean the whole house myself---because I'm home all day---and that really cuts into my craft time. A bunch of us from my old work used to get together 1-2 times a month in a conference room (4pm-12am). HR put a halt to that because of liability purposes. Makes me sad. I got a lot done then.

I do have a room set up and leave my stuff out so that does help when I have time or am in the mood. I need to organize it though, I spend more time looking for items than I do making cards or scrapping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 06:20 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Shannon

I'm just down the road from you and retired so I'm pretty much free when I want to be. Give me a call sometime and we can stamp/scrap.

Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 06:59 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

I quit my job i august to stay home with my kids, thinking i would also have time to stamp/scrap. No so! Oh well, they are only young once, i can stamp my heart out when they are out of the house.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 07:41 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah, I'm pretty much a Nap Nazi around here, too. I run a daycare and the kids are down from 1ish-4ish each day. That does give me some time on occasion. And having a 'place' to keep things out and handy also helps. Sometimes in the evening after dinner my boys (4 and almost 2) play in their rooms together giving me a little bit of time to knock out a few cards. I find doing an assembly line style thing helps me put out 8-10 cards at a time...I just make similar cards that can be used for various occasions....then leave the words off until I know what I'm going to be using it for (thank you, birthday, thinking of you...etc) That way I have the cards made up ahead of time and all I need to do is put the words on and write in it. I also get with girlfriends for a work night and we just crank out cards once every few months. I'm also in a Stampin Up club that meets monthly with our SU distributor and that keeps those fresh ideas and new technique juices flowing. It's hard to make the time, but the relaxation of it pays off in my book.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 08:20 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

I haven't stamped for a solid week now that spring is here and baseball and soccer takes up 4 nights out of the week.

Susan

ttp://gallery.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=15458
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 08:28 PM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

I shirk on housewifely duties like cooking and cleaning. Never really liked doing that stuff much anyway. ;) I put on a movie and let the kids play while I stamp. This can be stressful as they usually want to stamp too, so I have to set up a place for them to stamp. But, it is better than no stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 09:01 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

I have a full time job, single mom - dd is in soccer so Tuesday's and Thursday are shot...Wednesday is tutor night, so I have Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I make myself join at least 1 swap a week, that way I have to stamp! Im so ahead of myself now, cause we are going to SLC so I will busy getting ready for that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2005, 01:23 AM   #17  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

Judy, It sure does make a difference when you don't have to worry about kids getting into things. I don't have a room that I can close off, but my kids are big enough (teens). I sure remember those days of not having anything reachable - I guess I'm lucky I wasn't trying to stamp then!!! I'm amazed some of you get so much done!

I really do have my own schedule, I know I'm lucky, sure I worked for a long time before quitting and having kids, and now I'm lucky to be DH's "Kept Woman." LOL

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2005, 02:39 AM   #18  
Crimping Master

I am a SAHM with a 21 month old toddler. Needless to say, I don't get to stamp unless she is napping or asleep at night. I am a morning person, so I usually wait til she naps after lunch to stamp then she goes to bed at 8pm and I stamp if I am not too tired but I lurk on SCS much more than I stamp! Oh, my toddler goes to preschool for 3 hours on Tues/Thurs and you bet that I grab that time to stamp as much as I can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2005, 04:36 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bethhartley
It's hard to make the time, but the relaxation of it pays off in my book.
I agree with you that stamping is relaxing. A couple of weeks ago, I received word that I would be receiving a pink slip (lay-off notice) in my school district. I spent that night in my scrap room. I cranked out quite a few cards and I was a much calmer person afterwards. The next day, I showed off my creations at work and soon found out that my spec. ed director had talked the HR person out of additional lay-offs and my job was safe! We all laughed because I lot of great cards came from it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2005, 05:48 AM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

I am "retired" (actually disabled), and am only 25, so stamping/scrapping makes me feel like I can still DO something useful... even if it is only for myself and friends and family. Other than training a few dogs here and there, it's all stamping all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2005, 06:49 AM   #21  
Crimping Master

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I work from home, so when files are loading/uploading slowly I swivel around in my chair and work on a card or SB page. One side of this room is office, the other is my stamp haven. My youngest is almost 5, so she's usually busy doing her own thing somewhere in the house -- whether she's beside me playing on her computer, watching My Little Pony for the 100th time, or playing in her room. It wasn't always this easy...but now that the kids are getting older (5 & and we've moved into a bigger house with a dedicated office/stamp room it's awesome!

Hang in there until that big move, Judy!

Go Seahawks!
Mom to Daniel (9) and Emily (6)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2005, 06:52 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stamp in the middle of the night and on weekends. With my FT job, my scs responsibilities, and a busy family, it's hard to get time in for me, but I make time! Otherwise, I get antsy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2005, 07:43 AM   #23  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have three kids that are all in school full time now. I have a part time job I do from home that is only a few hours a week. So basically, this is what my day is like:

Drop of kids

Do I clean or do I stamp?....er....stamp! (I do clean...just not so much as others do. The house gets basic care most weeks.)

Do I do laundry or do I stamp?...er..I'll throw the first load in and then I'll stamp! (Two days later, I have to run the washer again because I forgot to put them in the dryer and now they stink!)

Time to eat lunch! Read SCS while eating lunch...hmm...must buy keyboard vaccum!

Done with lunch...should I run errands or should I stamp (this is usually where stamping loses...kind of hard to explain to DH why there is nothing for dinner because you were stamping, but it does occasionally happen.)

Go pick up kids. Make dinner. Have a conversation with DH. Go stamp. Put kids to bed.

Stamp some more! Stay up until 1 AM stamping! So what if I have to get up at 6 AM! I'm stamping!

Sometimes I don't stamp for days at a time, but this is more typical of most days than not. I'm lucky in that I am married to a man who is a musician and understands being obsessed with your art!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2005, 11:46 AM   #24  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
I have three kids that are all in school full time now. I have a part time job I do from home that is only a few hours a week. So basically, this is what my day is like:

Drop of kids

Do I clean or do I stamp?....er....stamp! (I do clean...just not so much as others do. The house gets basic care most weeks.)

Do I do laundry or do I stamp?...er..I'll throw the first load in and then I'll stamp! (Two days later, I have to run the washer again because I forgot to put them in the dryer and now they stink!)

Time to eat lunch! Read SCS while eating lunch...hmm...must buy keyboard vaccum!

Done with lunch...should I run errands or should I stamp (this is usually where stamping loses...kind of hard to explain to DH why there is nothing for dinner because you were stamping, but it does occasionally happen.)

Go pick up kids. Make dinner. Have a conversation with DH. Go stamp. Put kids to bed.

Stamp some more! Stay up until 1 AM stamping! So what if I have to get up at 6 AM! I'm stamping!

Sometimes I don't stamp for days at a time, but this is more typical of most days than not. I'm lucky in that I am married to a man who is a musician and understands being obsessed with your art!
Me too! Piecemeal stamping! I've been doing it since my kiddos were in pre-school. My youngest just went to 1st grade this year. I dream up designs in my head--then spend little slots of time during the day attempting to implement. I thought that would change when my youngest went to school, but I started my home business and find that piecemeal is the only way I accomplish stamping. I'm a sleep hound...mean if I don't get enough sleep...so I'm rarely up late.

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2005, 01:41 PM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

Location: This must be heaven...there are stamps & scrapbooks EVERYWHERE!!!

Well, I used to make time...EVERDAY...that was my way of winding down my day after coming home from work!! I was stamping every extra minute of my day. But for some reason...lately...I cant get motivated....unless I need a card for a gift. Think I am suffering from BURN-OUT!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2005, 01:56 PM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampoholicsunanimous
Well, I used to make time...EVERDAY...that was my way of winding down my day after coming home from work!! I was stamping every extra minute of my day. But for some reason...lately...I cant get motivated....unless I need a card for a gift. Think I am suffering from BURN-OUT!!!
That's how I am...I've hardly stamped since Christmas. I think I made too many gifts and am burned out. I think I'm going to use VSN tonight to motivate me back into stamping.

As far as finding the time...this time of year is pretty busy with soccer and getting the flower beds ready to plant. Hmmmm...I always seem to find time to be on here!
Reply With Quote Likes