Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-28-2005, 09:44 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would like to be a demo

I really would like to become a demo, But I have never been one to jump into anything before. My demo quit and sais I should do it, Then came to me one day and said she didn't think it was a good Idea. What are the perks of being a demo?? Why did she talk me out of it?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 09:49 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Did she give any mention as to why not to do it? Maybe she had a bad experience or something.

Personally I like being a demo. My customer base is small. Im making little money off of it. But it supports my habit which is all I need it to do.

Look at the reasons you want to be a demo, and the reasons you dont want to.

Some of the nice things, you get to see new stamps and specialy usually before customers. This year stampin up sent all the demos a free set. Ypu can preorder mini catalog sets, you get a discount. Minimums arent bad at all. the starter kit is a HUGE value. So even if you sign up and decide its not for you then you still have amazing products for a not so big purchase price.

The only normal people are the ones I dont know very well.

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/emily
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 09:49 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Why would she have talked you out of it?! Who knows?!

The benefits are:

1. 30% off your first order and free shipping
2. 20% off every other order you place.
3. You can purchase or earn stamp sets in advance.
4. You get On Stage and Stampin News Magazines that are available only to demos.

Those are the first few I can think of off the top of my head. Have you found an upline you'd want to sign up under? That's usually the hardest part. PM me if you have any other questions.

I love it! I've been a demo almost a whole year now and have not regretted it once. I have been selling about $1500 every quarter without evening trying. Seriously, I barely ask people if they'd like to have a party!

Tina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 09:52 AM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

Default do it..

it's great. the perks would be 20 percent off your stuff. then instant earnings. then su send you a check from your monthly sales. it may not be worth it if you dont know how to handle your finances and you're an addict at buying stuff (like me) i spend more than what i really make and what i make i end up putting back in. but it's all fun and great. there are some here that really make lots of money. i do it to support the hobby. i hope that you still would do it. and you get extra benefits like in the su website you get to see new promos and they send you free things once in a while. you can order supplies really cheap and they have demo only stamps that you can use for promo. they send you these monthly magazines... they totally help you out.

so... do it do it do it...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 09:54 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

OK, There is lots of info right here...take a peek I will give you my entire opinion in a moment!

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Put in the words, Becoming+A+Demo and hit search...you will find LOTS of topics!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 10:04 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok I have posted about fifty million times on this subject...
I have been a demo for a year and a half now... I just made Supervisor Level!!! It was never my intention to really make this a business... I just wanted the ink pads!! ALL OF THE CLASSIC INKS!!! LOL So I said I will just do enough to get the ink pads...then I wanted the markers, and then there was just this and that...and here I am...I have three active recruits who are wonderful! Two are looking at SU from a business standpoint the third is just in it for the discount.
I would encourage you to ask yourself and your prospecitve upline these questions~
FOR YOU-
What do you want out of it? What are you willing to put into it to accomplish that? Are you married? Then what does your DH or Sig other have to say? If you plan on doing this the support of those closest to you is very important.
What do you want in an upline? Do you expect them to hold you hand through it all or do you just want them there if you need them? Do you plan on taking advantage of someone who will encourage you to do well, or do you prefer to have someone CHALLENGE you to reach higher?

FOR YOUR UPLINE-
Ask her what will she expect of you? How will she support you? What is she willing to do to help you accomplish your goals where SU! is concerned? How much does she like to do and what is she good at? Will she be ok if you just make your quota and leave it at that?

You see if you sign under someone, make the best choice you can. I signed under someone who dropped right after I signed... I was disappointed but I am a real self starter so I taught myself to stamp and how to be an SU demo...then last June, I found SCS and the BEST GROUP OF GIRLS EVER!!! I have learned more about stamping than I knew before and I have learned as well as shared LOTS of neat business tips...so really an upline is not NECESSARY to your success as a DEMO but SUPPORT will be!
My DH loves that I love to stamp and that I have done well with my business... he thinks it is neat that I can make others happy and brighten their day with a handstamped gift. He is proud to have a wife who shares what she loves to do and that I enjoy making others see the creativity they didn't realize they possesed!!!!

So take a few moments to ask yourself what you want...then do some interviewing of your upline to be... it will be worth it all in the end if you decide to join if you have a goal and that those around you are aware of those goals and are willing to assist you in acheiving them!!!
Best of luck...if you need more info we are all a pretty helpful bunch!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 10:10 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry I just realized I wrote you a book!!

LOL I can get really excited about SU! It has saved me money too! I have not bought a greeting card in almost two years!!!
And I am presently making my brothers wedding invites! If you look in my gallery you will see them... I have 155 to make and I am nearly done...so I again am saving my family money too! I love to save money...
If your Demo quit you might just have a good start as point of contacts if you know some stampers in your area! just another few thoughts...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 10:33 AM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

If you really want to become a demo, I would say go for it!! I knew this is what I wanted to do even before I went to a workshop that my friend hosted! I told her demo that night (early last spring) that I wanted to sign up. I have only been a demo myself since Sept/04, but I have had so much fun stamping and meeting new people. I have even created a group of "crazed stampers" at my day job. The ladies here just can't wait to see what's new, what the next special is, when we are having another card-making party, sharing the cards they have made........
I am not in this for the $$ (except to justify all my purchases!!), but I am amazed at how well I have done in such a short time. The most important aspect is that I am having so much FUN doing it. So, if it is really in your heart to become a demo GO FOR IT!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 10:35 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Not sure why someone would suggest and then say "I don't think you should". But it doesn't matter what she thinks, it matters what you want to do! I agree with Seriekastamper, finding a good upline is important. Although not necessary, the social aspect for me is another of the positives. It's nice when someone cares how you are doing and is interested in your success. I'm going to my first demo meeting tonight, I'm soooo excited!!!! I've made my trades and I can't wait to see what we talk about, and I can't wait to learn from these great women that share a love for stamping.

If the money works out, and if you could possible inherit some of your old demo's customers, why not try it???? You're not obligated, if its not your cup of tea, no big whoop, just stop doing it. Nothing ventured nothing gained. But I think you will gain more than you ever imagined by being a demo.

Let us know what you decide. We'll be sending you positive thoughts.
Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 10:53 AM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Default I've Never Regreted It

I don't know why she said not to do it, but if you love to stamp, give it a try. My upline made a good point one time. What's the worse that can happen? You go back to being a customer. I love what I do so much, it had never occurred to me I might go back to being a customer. In the meantime, you get all that stuff at such a great price!

The social aspects are amazing. The people that you touch. The smiles you hand out. My kids get involved, even my husband. The best time I spend is with my family and friends and being able to make someone smile, lights the whole world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 11:13 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I've been a demo for a year, never held a workshop and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE SU!. I joined for the discount and access to the demo website of SU! - Stampers Showcase - similar to the Forum here at SCS. I'm thinking that maybe someday here I might actually have a workshop, but I'm happy being surrounding by all my wonderful stamps and supplies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 11:28 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Juls,

Read all of the info that you can find....you can also visit the SU website (see below).....

http://www.stampinup.com/web2001/opp_demo.asp
http://www.stampinup.com/web2001/StarterKits.asp
http://www.stampinup.com/web2001/Sta...tType=Standard

At a cost of just $285 CAN / $199 US (retail value $505 CAN / $355 US), the starter kit offers a variety of products you need to get started—at up to 40 percent off the retail price! If you want to highlight scrapbooking more fully, you can add to the starter kit by also selecting the Stampin’ Memories Add-On at a cost of $70 CAN / $50 US (retail value $135 CAN / $93 US).

Make sure that you make this decision for YOU.... I've been a demo since June 2003, and I love it.

Ask, Ask, and then Ask more questions before you make the decision.

Barbara

Check my blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 11:41 AM   #13  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzannecomella
access to the demo website of SU! - Stampers Showcase - similar to the Forum here at SCS.
This has been awesome! It gives you all the instructions.

I'm not trying to make it a business, but it's so easy to get hooked on all the great promotions.

In the first 3 months, if you sell $1500 you earn 2 stamp sets - any price.

I earned another set with Sellabration and now we are gearing up for Spring and I can't wait to see what I get.

I have a group of us that get together on a regular basis and just stamp whatever we want, we are just together and having a blast. They order from me and I've had a few parties here and there. I've really built up my supplies, plus I've tried some of the great ideas here on SCS.

Go for it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 11:47 AM   #14  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I say GO FOR IT!! The worst thing that would happen is you don't make your minimums (but $300 every quarter isn't much) and you go back to being a customer. I just signed on last month and so far am just loving it. The 2 magazines you get from SU are just awesome and full of information and the SU website has a lot of info on it too Let us know what you decide..

Quote:

The benefits are:

1. 30% off your first order and free shipping
2. 20% off every other order you place.
3. You can purchase or earn stamp sets in advance.
4. You get On Stage and Stampin News Magazines that are available only to demos.
This is the best reasons to sign up... The #1 one should be just 30% off your first order. You pay the shipping but the extra 10% is like getting free shipping.
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 04:09 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

I would like to thank you all for your support and for all the emails I have recieced on this subject. I think that it has helped me to decide.
Reply With Quote Likes