Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:27 AM   #41  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We get two Sunday newspapers and oftentimes a woman that my DH works with will give him her Mike's coupon because she knows all about my crafting obsession. The Mike's we go to is in an area with Home Depot and Costco, so he'll drop me off to shop and then hit the other stores or read the paper that he brings along. When he comes back he'll get in line with the extra coupon. If we have three, he usually makes that purchase, takes it to the car and then comes in to get in a different line. If I don't have anything worthy of a 40% off coupon (or I use it to get a large terra cotta flower pot for the garden or I'll give one of them to someone in line who doesn't have one.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 07:50 AM   #42  
The Amazin' Yappin' Scrapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About 4 1/2 years ago, dh was out of town on a business trip. We lived in IL at the time. He called me to tell me he was being transferred to KS. I think when he heard the sound of tears, was when he told me there were a couple of HUGE independent LSS's and of course M's and HLs. LOL! I laugh now, because to this day, those HUGE LSS's....weren't all that great, but geesh, at least he tried and knew what I needed to hear.

Now, he's great. when I got let go from my job in May, he went on-line to see when the next crop night was and told me to sign up...it'd make me feel better.

My scrap room got water damaged this summer, so it's completely torn apart right now. He and I are working on the plans for rebuilding it, and he suggested taking out the closets in my room and the room next door (his office) to expand the wall out so I'd have even more room!!!

Fan my etsy shop on Facebook: RJY Handmade Designs

Check out my etsy shop: www.rjyhandmadedesigns.etsy.com

Blog: http://rjyhandmadedesigns.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 08:07 AM   #43  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

my DH does not have a crafty hobby but his hobby (he claims to be a cigar aficionado) also involves a message board similar to ours. He does swaps and RAK's too. It's funny because we fight over who gets the mail and who gets more stuff in it! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 08:17 AM   #44  
Kookie Creator

My bf and my 5th anniversary is next month and he said "I think this year, I should make something, and you should buy something." I'm not sure if he is trying to be sweet, or saying that he doesn't want anymore handmade gifts, lol. He has made me cards before which he is embarrassed about whenever I pull them out. But they really do mean a lot to me. He even went to JoAnn's and bought his own card stock, a paper trimmer, and glue dots to use.

Most of the time, we joke around about my hobby. He knows how particular I am about being organized and having everything put away, so he will joke that he's going to come up to my scrap room and spread things all over my desk, or mix up the colors of cardstock, etc. He also drew a cartoon for me with me as the main character. He walks up behind me to say he got ink on one of my wood blocks, and then my head explodes. Too funny. I saved it of course, and plan to hang it up in my scrap room.

For some reason, he hates SUP's color names and always makes fun of them. Sometime he suggests names that aren't exactly...pleasant sounding. I'll point out random things (clothes, items in stores, etc) and name its SUP color equivilent (look! that coat is Old Olive) and he rolls his eyes and pokes me in the side.

He also makes fun of scrapbookers/stampers because of how we want everything to be a pun or have illiteration in its name. He despises puns and would not be happy to get a card that asks "Canoe by my Valentine?" or "I love you s'more"

He does (bless his heart) put up with me, and will let me drag him along to scrapbook stores. He even took me to my first rubber stamp expo this year. I know he was bored out of his mind, but he didn't complain. He just followed me around and held all my stuff! He's a keeper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

Well, I am not married, so DH is really DBF...

I used to be a Stampin' Up! Demo and when my upline and I went to a meeting, he emailed me (he lives in another state) and he says...

"Happy Crafting Dear!"

Now that makes me smile!!!

I am actually in process of finishing his scrapbook for him...that was supposed to be LAST year's birthday gift. I got the bright idea that I could show him the scrapbook on Webcam...I had asked him to bring pictures to me of his family and he did...

He was absolutely blown AWAY...

And then I found this little cookbookin' stove scrapbook and my LSS was having a class with it, and his sister is a gourmet chef...and I said will your Sister like this?

He says...NO....

She will LOVE It!

So I made her one to take to her when I meet her...and got the instruction on how to make myself one too, and I don't even cook that much! LOL.

It is too cute, and the two magnets on the front can be moved to hold the current recipe card you are using!!! YAY!

I will post a link...to the picture...

http://www.cookbookin.com/main.cfm?eid=245

He even knows that when I shop it is usually at Walmart, AC's, Michaels, or JoAnn's...or the Dollar Tree or the EVIL Dollar tree (Mighty Dollar) called EVIL because they have a HUGE scrapbook aisle at the one close to me, and it is evil because you can't possibly go there and just spend ONE dollar...LOL.

(I might add that not ALL Mighty Dollar stores have that great of a scrapbook area)...fyi...

But DBF is a keeper too, because he knows I am going to get STUFF to use...and he just goes and gets computer stuff...geeky sweetheart...

Last edited by teenastamps; 10-26-2008 at 08:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My fiance is really supportive. He goes to the stores with me all the time and I will ask him to pick between items, like two paper stacks and he will pretend like he is making a really difficult decision and pick one finally.

My favorite thing he has done lately was when I was designing a card the other day. I was torn between two patterned papers and so I asked his opinion. He said "be daring, go for the stripes". It was so cute!

He is always helpful and supportive although he knows I spend way too much money on the supplies. When I come home from the store or a box arrives he smiles and just rolls his eyes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 08:57 AM   #47  
Gallery Gazer

My DH will go into stores with me. We recently vacationed down in NC. I had gotten the names of some stores from ladies here on SCS. He programmed all the addresses into the GPS so we could incorporated a few of them into our trip. One place we stopped was the Enchanted Cottage in Lewisville, NC. He walked around for a few minutes and then said he's meet me outside. I found him out there on a rocking chair talking to some other poor DH who was dragged there.

One year for Christmas I gave him a list of things I wanted from AC Moore complete with the aisle number and location of the item. He went at lunchtime and was so happy to be able to get me the things I wanted with a minimum of effort. Now I send him links to wish lists on the websites that have them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 09:21 AM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by denisecarolclarkView Post
Funny, huh? Can't think of anything really, really funny.

When I get SU stamps we work together to mount them. I cut (he doesn't want to take a chance on accidently cutting into a stamp) and put the rubber on the wood. He puts the sticker on and then stamps it on an index card (I don't keep my SU stamps in the orig boxes but do keep an index card in the box so I know what was there). We have a lot of fun doing it together and he will often get carried away with the stamping part, making silly pictures on the index cards.

He always goes to the craft stores with me and goes in but will sometimes leave earlier and wait in the car. And often, when he does that, I find something on my seat that I had looked at in the store, or on my pillow that night.
Also, his desk and mine face each other and he will often sit with me and watch me stamp. Then, if he sees something he thinks will make life easier for me, he will go to the garage and make things for me. He's made a wall unit for stamp pads and such, a ribbon holder, actually two, shelving, 12 x 12 paper holder, regular sized paper holder, step stool for reaching up on the high shelves, a photo board, a punch holder, a marker holder and a holder for Sizzix dies. He is just terrific!
He is so sweet! Can I share him - he won't notice one Denise for another! My hubby says he doesn't want to know how much "crapbooking" stuff I have! You are so lucky!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 10:05 AM   #49  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dh was doing some work for a neighbor down the road, and he came home and told me the wife was into scrapbooking/stamping. He said, "You two shoud get together some time!" Later that week he gave me her "card" and to my delight and shock, I saw that she was a SU demonstrator!!! I said to my dh, "Do you know what you're doing giving me this card?" He didn't get it until a couple of weeks later when I told him a was going to our neighbor's to pick up my "order". "What order?" he asks. "That card you gave me, our neighbor sells STAMPING SUPPLIES! Not just ANY stamping supplies, but one of the best quality of products in the stamping world!" "Oh no!" he gasps. "I had NO idea!! What have I done? I thought she just likes making cards!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #50  
Insane Embellisher

These are some awesome DH's. I too, have a wonderful DH. He actually encouraged many years ago to get a hobby and BOY did I ever! He does shop with me. He will even suggest us stopping at my fave stores. He pushes the cart, he cracks jokes and he helps me find things. LOL He has also been known to smuggle scrapbooks outside of the house to show his co-workers. He is a proud hubby.

http://www.queentomas.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #51  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapamigaView Post
My dh was doing some work for a neighbor down the road, and he came home and told me the wife was into scrapbooking/stamping. He said, "You two shoud get together some time!" Later that week he gave me her "card" and to my delight and shock, I saw that she was a SU demonstrator!!! I said to my dh, "Do you know what you're doing giving me this card?" He didn't get it until a couple of weeks later when I told him a was going to our neighbor's to pick up my "order". "What order?" he asks. "That card you gave me, our neighbor sells STAMPING SUPPLIES! Not just ANY stamping supplies, but one of the best quality of products in the stamping world!" "Oh no!" he gasps. "I had NO idea!! What have I done? I thought she just likes making cards!"
Bwwaahh... that's so cute! How sweet and innocent they are.. heh heh heh....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 AM   #52  
Gallery Gazer

I enjoyed your stories and wanted to share mine.
When I first started stamping my dh complained about the time and cost. After a while he saw how much enjoyment I got from it and signed me up as a demo for my birthday present.Boy was I surprised! One day I told him crafting together makes one feel frisky.....he loves to make a card now.He is getting quite good at it, often better cards than I could make. Which is funny ,cuz his hands are really beat up from farming and rig work. I am very lucky at how supportive he is. He will always be honest (sometimes,brutally) with me and tell me what he likes or doesn't like about something I make. I started my SCS gallery so he could see what I have been making, as he works out of town on the oil rigs. He has his own gallery under the name "Rancher" , with only 1 card uploaded. He wants to upload some more while he is home. I do know how lucky I am! However when it comes to shopping with him....I would rather poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #53  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by queentomasView Post
He has also been known to smuggle scrapbooks outside of the house to show his co-workers. He is a proud hubby.
That is so sweet!! I can just picture him walking out the front door with a big fat 12x12 album under his shirt!! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #54  
Gallery Gazer

Definitely a keeper!!:-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by queentomasView Post
These are some awesome DH's. I too, have a wonderful DH. He actually encouraged many years ago to get a hobby and BOY did I ever! He does shop with me. He will even suggest us stopping at my fave stores. He pushes the cart, he cracks jokes and he helps me find things. LOL He has also been known to smuggle scrapbooks outside of the house to show his co-workers. He is a proud hubby.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 12:26 PM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine smiles and nods encouragingly in that distracted way but he will come to me and ask for a sympathy card for someone at work, a b'day card for a friend. The latest is today - he asks if he can 'abuse me' and get me to make some little Halloween treat bags for him to give to the children that use the transfer center (parents who are no longer in a relationship can exchange custody of the child/children without having to interact with each other.) Twist my arm! Now I have a reason to make some of those cute owl topper bags I've been seeing.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 01:40 PM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

My sweet husband has no idea what stamps cost. I come home and show his what I've bought and he's always so happy for me. He would never guess I'd pay $20 a set for a few blocks and rubber!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 05:44 AM   #57  
Stampin' Fool

These are so funny!

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 06:36 AM   #58  
Crimping Master

My husband will only go to a craft store if I have 2 40% off coupons and I want to use them both. Otherwise he steers clear of them.
I think my FIL could get into paper crafting. My MIL wanted my help stamping some notebooks. She brought my FIL with her and made him help. He rolled his eyes and said, "Oh, Marva." But he got right to work. I was really impressed with his books. He was able to choose colors that went together perfectly and his stamp placement was ideal. My MIL's books looked horrible when she was done. I told my husband that I could tell my FIL was enjoying himself even though he would sigh occasionally to indicate this work was not manly. He told me later that he wished he had a hobby that was as practical as mine. He loves the scrapbooks and cards I make for him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 07:00 AM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Too cool. I love your FIL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 07:17 AM   #60  
Stampin' Fool

These are great stories.
My hubby rolls his eyes about all my crafting but he loves it since he never has to buy cards. He even makes me handmade cards for special occasions. Its so funny to hear him in the other room, he is a bit of a perfectionist so when something doesn't work the way he wants it to he gets frustrated and he is always annoyed that it didn't turn out the way he wanted it to and the colours aren't quite right. I don't care about any of those things, i'm just so happy he made a card
My daughter is 2 and loves crafts, I have some stamps that are just for her and she gets almost as excited as I do when new stamps come. She may not be able to play with them but i'll stamp them for her so she can colour them in.

Check out my blog! www.sunfaeriecreations.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 07:17 AM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

What a fun thread!!

It took YEARS to make my hubby finally understand that my hobby is NOT a waste of time OR money!! I make stuff to sell at craft fairs and use the money to buy his Christmas gifts (money he didn't have to earn)...the first year he got a Husqvarna Chainsaw and some other tools, the next year he got more tools as well as an industrial table saw!!! He's not stupid and realizes I spend waaaay more than I make, but he now understands that I LOVE what I do for fun AND I can make a few dollars at it!!

I have also created an album for his boss, as well as a 'work in progress album' for him that he absolutely adores!!! (I always do a page or two when i've spent more than I should...a little manipulative but hey...it's an addiction and I'll do what it takes!:-D)

I should also mention that he has needed a specific tool that he didn't have for something and raided my craft room for it...a FEW times!!

Six years of this crazy hobby and I'm pretty sure he finally gets it!!! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 07:41 AM   #62  
Insane Embellisher

My DH is a keeper too. He doesn't usually visit stamp stores with me but he is supportive about my habit. When people comment on the cards that I make he always gets a big smile on his face, I can tell he is proud of me! He also keeps an eye out for things that I can use for my hobby. A few years ago I was at home and he left for the store (probably Home Depot). Anyway, on his drive he saw some blueprint file cabinets out in someones yard for sale. He stopped and talked to the guy and then called me and said get over here right now - these would be great for your stamps. We ended up buying 3 sections at $50.00 each and they are perfect for holding my stamps, paper and supplies. He is always looking out for me! LOL When I mentioned that I needed some way to store my ribbon he went out and purchased everything he needed to make a ribbon holder for me. He's a great guy!

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 11:49 AM   #63  
Polyshrink Goddess

When the latest SU! catalog came out, I just HAD to have Inspired by Nature, and I knew I didn't want it double-mounted. After poking around here, I found a woman whose husband makes blocks for her, and now sells them... well, I'm cheap, and my husband has a tool for everything, so I thought I'd ask him to make me some blocks so I could un-double-mount some of my sets and order I by N. I showed him the blocks on the internet, and ask if he could do it for less than $16, the price of the blocks plus shipping. Of course, he said, I will just need a new router bit. Oh, and a new router table... What happened to the one I bought him four years ago? It seems that it didn't fit his router, and the store doesn't even sell them anymore, but I digress... Oh yeah, and a sander, of course. All told, over $300 dollars later, I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN A SINGLE BLOCK! Seriously! I told him that it is just like if he asked me to make a birthday card for his coworker, and I needed $300 to buy stamping supplies to do it, then decided I just wasn't in the mood anymore. No kidding. I thought that would light a fire, but no, still no blocks.
Great guy, just operates on a different time priority, I guess...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 12:08 PM   #64  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSchwichView Post
When the latest SU! catalog came out, I just HAD to have Inspired by Nature, and I knew I didn't want it double-mounted. After poking around here, I found a woman whose husband makes blocks for her, and now sells them... well, I'm cheap, and my husband has a tool for everything, so I thought I'd ask him to make me some blocks so I could un-double-mount some of my sets and order I by N. I showed him the blocks on the internet, and ask if he could do it for less than $16, the price of the blocks plus shipping. Of course, he said, I will just need a new router bit. Oh, and a new router table... What happened to the one I bought him four years ago? It seems that it didn't fit his router, and the store doesn't even sell them anymore, but I digress... Oh yeah, and a sander, of course. All told, over $300 dollars later, I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN A SINGLE BLOCK! Seriously! I told him that it is just like if he asked me to make a birthday card for his coworker, and I needed $300 to buy stamping supplies to do it, then decided I just wasn't in the mood anymore. No kidding. I thought that would light a fire, but no, still no blocks.
Great guy, just operates on a different time priority, I guess...
This is too funny. You might want to invest in some how to do it manuals and borrow his tools.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #65  
Pearl-ExPert

My husband actually helped me, my neice and my sister make thank you cards for my niece's wedding!! He really got into it, and I am estimating, he made about 4-5 cards!! Then, my niece wanted to make place cards for the reception, and she had a beading party so we could all make the cards, and he pitched right in and did some beading for her too!! Now if it were me asking him to stamp, NO WAY would he do it! But since it was our niece, he pitched right in and helped her!! (He'd do anything for her!!) Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 02:05 PM   #66  
Compulsive Stamper

Default sharp stick

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Now I wonder why. Wally world here we come
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

cute cute stories. we are all blessed to have wonderful hubbies.
my hubby spoils me
i get away with a lot of things lol. as long as he doesnt know how much. BUt ive gotten great bargains, and when he knows how much i saved, he is more for it.

He will go to the michaels with me, but after a while he gets bored that i dont make up my mind lol and waits for me outside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #68  
Pearl-ExPert

The last time my hubby went with me to Mike's they were having a demo day where I could make a free beaded bracelet. Bless his heart, he told me to go ahead and make one, and he'd browse around abit.!! I love that man!!! Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #69  
Pearl-ExPert

We were in Houston over the weekend and my DH drove me about an hour just so I could go to Archivers. It was great. He watched the kids so I could browse. He said he would take them to DQ so I could have as much time as I wanted. He is really the best! Right now, he is picking up the girls from dance and I haven't started dinner yet cuz I'm too busy chatting with you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #70  
Cardstock Collector

My husband got up at 5:30 on Black Friday one year to buy me a Sizzix machine. He hates shopping, he hates getting up early, and he hates crowded stores. I thought this was very sweet. I still love that scrapping tool just because he bought!

Tasha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #71  
Stampin' Fool

My Hubby has always gone with me to the stores. In fact, when I first started stamping, he was so interested that I knew if would not be long before I found him attempting something of his own. Sure enough! That Christmas, he MADE the card he gave me. I was so surprised! He stamped, embossed and colored in a Christmas stocking stamp with a kitten in it. That made it twice as special since he was stamping And acknowledging my love for cats.
Now he goes to the stores FOR me with the list I have prepared for him. I usually get a phone call from his cell telling me what else they have.

Tonight he came home and told me he had stopped at Michael's to look for MS punches just because I had mentioned to him that someone from SCS had posted that her Michael's was starting to put out Christmas stuff. AND I had not even asked him to stop!

He is definitely a "KEEPER!" :-D

From reading these stories, I think we are a group of very fortunate ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 06:05 PM   #72  
Matboard Maniac

My hubby doesn't ever go with me to the craft stores - he really doesn't shop at all but he loves my scrapbooking and the cards that I make. He has always been supportive of my hobby but the big turn was last Spring when I bought two new nylon collars for my dogs. We have the PetSafe electric fence and they wear the electronic collars but you have to punch holes in the collar for the electronic device to attach. Well, he went out to the garage and used about every tool he had (lots of them) but really couldn't get the nylon to puncture. After watching this for a period of time, I told him to hold on - went and got my CropaDile and punched out the holes. He was amazed and said he would never tease me about my tools again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 12:32 AM   #73  
Polyshrink Goddess

My husband goes to Michael's with me once in a blue moon. But he wanted to take me last week to get supplies for an advent calendar because it was late and across town. He hates to shop no matter where what store we go to. As soon as I went down the first isle (Martha Stewart), he looked around and let out a drowned out sigh. I turned around and grinned at him and he immediately defended himself "I was just sighing, I didn't mean anything by it." I started laughing and said "You sigh when you don't want to be somewhere." He tried his best to convince me he was fine with it. I usually spend a good 1/2 hour to 45 minutes when I go to Michael's by myself. We were there for 5 minutes and I went to check-out. When we got to the register, I received my 2nd 50% off coupon after purchase. My DH said "You know they only give that to you so you'll come back and spend more money...not that I don't want to be here."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 03:03 AM   #74  
Polyshrink Goddess

For denisecarolclark:
What a treasure of a husband you have!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 04:58 AM   #75  
Hardware Hotshot

My DBF doesn't mind going in craft stores but he's finished in 15 minutes and I could spend hours in one so he has been known to drop me off and go to the video game store or some other place I am not interested in and then re-join me in the craft store.
I always have to show him the cards I make and I get the polite "Nice." response. But, he knows how much I enjoy stamping. It's my therapy. He's very supportive and is even in the process of building a craft room for me attached to our garage. Of coarse.... that may be because I have taken over the kitchen table....

Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 05:25 AM   #76  
Stampin' Fool

DH prefers not to leave his man cave.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 08:28 AM   #77  
Die Cut Diva

Although my Hubby doesn't have a clue what I do with "all that stuff" he is really very supportive. He often asks "do you need anything?" when we're near paperzone or Michale's.

But the best was when he searched the house for my SU catalog, took out my wish list and called my consultant. He ordered the WHOLE THING for our anniversary. Had to be $200 worth.

Wasn't that sweet?
He set His STAMP of ownership on us, and put His spirit in our hearts as a deposit 2 Cor 1:22 Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 08:31 AM   #78  
Insane Embellisher

Some days I wish I had one - others I am glad I don't - HA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 08:47 AM   #79  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by JampsterStampsterView Post
Although my Hubby doesn't have a clue what I do with "all that stuff" he is really very supportive. He often asks "do you need anything?" when we're near paperzone or Michale's.

But the best was when he searched the house for my SU catalog, took out my wish list and called my consultant. He ordered the WHOLE THING for our anniversary. Had to be $200 worth.

Wasn't that sweet?
That WAS sweet! That wouldn't happen to me even if I tatooed the list to my BFs forehead. LOL

Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2008, 09:46 AM   #80  
Matboard Maniac

My DH is very supportive. Sometimes he amazes me how much. A few years back he took me to a scrapbook/stamp convention... he laughed when we were in line to go in that he would take me every year as the % of men to good looking women was really in his favor... he thinks he is so funny. He gave me $200 for shopping (my birthday month). Once inside and we had made the rounds, he asked to go back to one store, he does fly tying and wanted to check out some of the bags. Same bags he buys in his fancy fishing stores but 1/2 the price (CAN You imagine that!) He was so happy that he got some good deals there. Then before we left he asked it I got everything I wanted. I said no.. but I had spent my 200 and was very happy. He asked what else I missed, I showed him and he said go ahead ($100 more) it only comes once a year and you know you will be sorry you missed it.

Yea I am keeping him -

Now this he would kill me for - I show him each card I make, he looks them over carefully - always tells me something isn't "level". Then says it would look good if you add some of that blingy sticky stuff. (stickles) I call him my secret bling man - He loves the bling!
Reply With Quote Likes