Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hosting a Scrapbook/Stamping Weekend - Help!

Hello!
My friends and I are going to a beach house in June for a Girl's Scrapbooking and Stamping Weekend. I offered to get all the activites ready. That would be great, but I've never been to a all day crop/weekend. Can someone give me some ideas/games/projects to do??

Thanks!!!
Deb
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

When I say Prize... It can just be a goofy star they have to wear.

I went to a 2 day crop this past weekend. The one game they did was - have everyone stand up & name off a tool, if you didn't have the tool you sat down (this was good for getting us off our butts & getting the blood flowing again, the last person up got a door prize. They also had a couple make & takes - these are always nice.

Other things I think would be nice or I've heard of:
- A leave a 'pennie' / take a 'pennie' basket. You have paper or stickers you don't want, leave it in the basket, if someone else wants it they can take it.

- prize for the person that finishes the most pages.

- prize for the best page done - have everyone vote.

- I may not explain this one to well.... Some scrap stores around me have started giving out page layouts(?), they give you the marerial & each person puts together a page with the materials. You could do the same thing with the page layouts, have different layouts & see how each person uses it. Have a prize for whoever uses it first, best interpretation...

Wish I was going!!

- Kelly A.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 02:00 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

You could do a bingo or lotterie. You could also hold a photoswap, people exchange there photo's and scrap with it. You could hold a trade with your leftover or never used stuff.

Have fun!

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Linda - I want to scrap in NLD!!! What are the scrap stores like over there? Do they have a lot of stuff?

- Kelly A.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Hi There,
I went on a Scrapbook and Stamping Retreat last fall and had so much fun. Everyone who went (16) had to bring something to put in the goody bag for everyone. It could be anything such as a snack, paper, stickers, idea page, homemade goodies, things you no longer use in scrapping or stamping etc. I got little 8 oz. bottles of water, trail mix and a Daily Bread Devotional for each person. They all loved it. The coordinator brought the bags and we filled them up as each person checked in. Our meals were included in the retreat fee which was only $112.00 for two nights (Friday and Saturday) and the 6 meals were included. They were full buffet meals. Friday night dinner, 3 meals on Saturday and 2 Sunday. Hope this helps. Have fun!
Wanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

My girlfriends and I did this several times. Honestly, it was just great to be able to scrapbook or stamp. We didn't plan anything. We just did what we wanted when we wanted and it worked out wonderfully. Make sure to take time to get outside and enjoy the beach and just enjoy eachother's company. That's my little bit of advise.
I guess it just depends on what your girlfriends are interested in doing. Are they interested in games? Do they just want to work?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

When my friends and I get together, we just crop. But, you could spice it up by having challenges. You could come up with a list of challenges (like using a certain technique for a page-or card) or using a certain tool to complete a page. You could all work on the same challenge or everyone could have their own challenge. Most importantly--have fun!
Don't worry about tomorrow, each day has enough trouble of it's own. (Matthew 6:34)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #8  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmcolby
Linda - I want to scrap in NLD!!! What are the scrap stores like over there? Do they have a lot of stuff?
Yes. we do have a lot of the latest stuff around here! The dutch owners attend CHA as well and all those orders are arriving constantly! If you need to have adresses send me an email!

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2007, 07:42 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

We did this at a friend's house and we've also done it at a hotel. On the Sat. night, we declare the Queen of the Crop (most pages) and she gets to wear the crown that night and the next day (even if someone gets up early and overtakes her the next morning). (I won last time )

We also all were responsible for one meal/snack each...so no one had to stress about food. We've also done gift bags of $10 and everyone goes home with one. We're all pretty generous, so we swap paper, ribbon, brads as needed. For some reason I always forget to bring black paper!! It's now a joke that I've forgotten once again!

It's also fun to vote for:
best page
ugliest page
page that took you forever, but looks like it was thrown together in 10 min.!

Good luck and have fun! I'm jealous...can't wait for our next girls weekend crop!
Reply With Quote Likes