Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Do you think the sets in the Holiday Mini are worth it?
I think the product is well worth the price 635 62.19%
I don't think the products are worth the price 386 37.81%
Voters: 1021. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2007, 08:42 AM   #121  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowneeView Post
Hmm...I think I'd be more inclined to believe this IF the title wasn't *a rip off and a joke*. Just my opinion for whatever that's worth. ;)

ITA ... respectfully, of course!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 08:48 AM   #122  
Gabfest Goddess

I am close to 100 percent dissatisfied with SU's customer service. EVERY TIME I get CS, the corners are bent. I have told them this. The packaging needs to be changed! They need to lock the CS packs in there firmly. But when I have approached them TWO OR THREE times, all I get is the same canned reply. NOTHING changes.

I would say my money spent on SU has gone down by more than half, easy, over the last year or so. I've got tons of other options with online merchants who do give free shipping at a point, or very reasonable shipping.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 08:49 AM   #123  
Crimping Master

I think what it all boils down to, is that it's a matter of personal preference. I personally love the quality of SU and will buy their products any day over a competitors, even if it is a little more expensive.

I also loved this new catalog. I loved the style and the direction they were going in. Hopefully all of you who were disappointed will feel the same way about the new catalog in January!
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 08:49 AM   #124  
Gabfest Goddess

Yes, and I agree about AMuse.... they are very pricey for what they are, that's why I only have TWO, and they were needed at the time for specific projects.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 08:51 AM   #125  
Mad Swapper

I really like the mini. I was somewhat disappointed in the big catalog, but sets grew on my in time. I liked about 9 or 10 items in the mini and none of them are paper or chipboard or ribbon.... Fortunately for me, my Mom and my girlfriends are buying different sets than I am so we'll be able to share. Die cutting isn't an issue for me, but I'm glad that SU is offering it. That being said... I agree with Jantink, in that I'm thrilled that stamping dollars stay in the US when I buy SU products. I'm don't have a problem buying elsewhere for stamps or punches, but for cs you can't beat SU in my book. So, it comes down to what everyone likes and how they choose to spend their money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:09 AM   #126  
Rubber Obsessor

Amen Jan!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:14 AM   #127  
Stazon Splitcoast

**Deep breath ladies**
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:16 AM   #128  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I liked many of the sets in the mini, myself, and I didnt see any of the prices as being unreasonable to me. I too had been more disappointed with the Fall-Winter catty this time around, in terms of stamp sets, but there were many features I really liked that was different. I suppose it keeps me from spending too much. :-) So, who knows what the next catty will bring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:18 AM   #129  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInkView Post
Can we win? :mrgreen:

I am glad to buy from a company, though, that still makes most of its products in the USA. I'm tired of sending so much of my cash to China. If that means I have to pay more for a stamp, then I guess that's what I'll have to do. At least I don't have to worry about lead paint on my stamps or toxic ingredients in my toothpaste. I can hold onto the wood of my stamps knowing that people in the US are employed to harvest the wood in a sustainable way. That makes me feel good.
This is EXACTLY the same sentiment I had. We are anti-China in our house. We will not buy a THING made there. We had a very hard time when replacing 2 TVs last month, but we are going for it. I'm glad to support a good American made product. And I'm willing to pay more for quality merchandise. So, where's the thread for those other companies are a rip-off/joke? Hey, I only want wood-mounted sets! And matching papers/inks. Those companies aren't listening to me! Just kidding folks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #130  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to mariewick

To each her own...if you don't like it don't buy it.....doesn't mean you are the only one that may not like it. Myself I am not to thrilled over the new catty or the mini...in fact I am only ordering paper and the chocolate satin ribbon. I am just waiting to see what the next catty will bring us. I am sure that SU is listening to all of the complaints....with a company as big as SU it's nearly impossible to get a personal reply.....it's a constantly changing market.....first I thought that the catty's were out too long and I got sick of looking through it after a couple of months....so I like the new one every 6 and other companies are now joining in too. As far as the mini's go, I didn't really care for this one but I hope the next one will be good. The die cutting this is cool I think, I can spend less time cutting around everything. As far as price increases what hasn't increased? gas, postage, wood, rubber....this could be the price change that stays for the next 10 years but you never know. It just all comes down to if you don't like it don't buy it and don't worry about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:24 AM   #131  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by DioneView Post
Well I don't like Christmas stamps at all so the mini didn't thrill me. I always loved the winter and spring minis the best. As for the prices I never thought about it much, but if they are more expensive yes it is likely cause of the die cutting. I would pay more for something that is die cut cause I hate trimming! I don't think they are more expensive than any other stamp company out there with already trimmed and mounted stamps.

I haven't bought from the new catty yet anyways Don't know if I will.
I completely agree with you about the Spring Mini ... and sometimes a Summer Mini. I'll never forget Summer 05? Maybe 06 ... with Cowboy Kid, Polka Dot Posies, Pattern of Friendship ... that was my all-time favorite!

I'm not a fan of the doodlies in the new catty, (esp. the Dillys and Dallys). Though I do like Doodle This.

But, there are some beautiful new things that def. caught my eye. In the new Mini, I love the Holy Triptych ... since I collect the Angel Tree figurines, that stamp set is a perfect Holiday extension of that. And True Friend ... is so cute. I have to say, the die cuts are great, really close, and did save me a ton of time.

SU is great b/c they're dynamic. They try new colors, trends and styles, and that keeps 'em interesting to me. I can't wait to see what the January catty brings!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:28 AM   #132  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever
Default Agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30View Post
Danyelle is entitled to her opinion.

And that opinion is able to be freely shared here, which some seem to be forgetting.

not only is she entitled to her opinion but she expressed it nicely. No ones panties need to be wadded over this. :}

Don't read it if you don't like the forum post title( header), skip it :}
There's alwasy something else to read. Or stamp more and read less online now there is an idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #133  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Hmmm, just went to the SU! web site because although I got my holiday mini, I don't remember what is in it (that alone should be a clue that nothing really hit me). However, before I actually do the poll I wanted to review it again. Am I just looking in the wrong place, or is the mini not posted on-line anywhere?

In the past, I know that I have wanted almost every set in the mini's but the past, oh probably 3 or 4 mini's, I haven't found more than 1 or 2. Maybe that's because I own more sets and am just being more picky or maybe it's just my taste/opinion doesn't match with what is being offered, or a combination of both. I certainly understand that not everything will appeal to everyone but SU! should be constantly evaluating the response to their products (and if they're smart they'll have someone from marketing monitoring these forums). If they see their sales volume go down and their overstock inventory on certain sets go up, they should realize that maybe they're heading down the wrong road. One thing is certain, if they skimp on quality they'll pay for it in the end. People will get disgusted and go elsewhere if they're paying top dollar and get sub-par product.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:40 AM   #134  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever
Default She said IF

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadgeRPhView Post
And how did you arrive at the figure of 1000 dissatisfied customers for every poster. Is this a scientific study or a random guess?

What I find truly odd...many of the negative comments on this thread are from posters with one or two posts. Are these all newcomers to SCS or is there one poster with a grudge switching ID's.

Makes you go hmmmm.....
You missed where she said If there is 1000 unhappy people for every oneposter, IF is a big word for havingonly 2 letters, it changes all context when missed like that.
No biggee tho.
I loved the die cut set I got and I only got one because I did think the prices were to high for sets I didn't love.... to may repeats of single stamps or sets that have stamps very similar or exact to ones I already own in other SU!sets, I'm becoming a wiser consumer.
I do feel however in my experiences in the past 3 years that
quality has slipped a little and we need an East Coast Warehouse for faster shipping but everything takes time.
Not everyone's tastes can be pleased al of the time nor can everyone's use of the english languaged be lashed out at. We all live in different areas, we all are brought up differntly and we all speak in our own unique way. Using and abusing the English language, which by the way I think should be the national Language :} Why don't we have one??
Younger andolder generations find the same words ok to use or offensive, think about it. My kids don't speak the way my parents do.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #135  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynamomView Post
I am close to 100 percent dissatisfied with SU's customer service. EVERY TIME I get CS, the corners are bent. I have told them this. The packaging needs to be changed! They need to lock the CS packs in there firmly. But when I have approached them TWO OR THREE times, all I get is the same canned reply. NOTHING changes.

I would say my money spent on SU has gone down by more than half, easy, over the last year or so. I've got tons of other options with online merchants who do give free shipping at a point, or very reasonable shipping.
I am understanding you to say that every pkg of cardstock, not just every now and then, but every pkg you get is bent??
When you 'tell them' that your cardstock was bent, do they offer to send you another?? You actually must go thru your demo to get a replacement. Maybe your demo is bending them during packaging and delivery to you?
In 10 years of being with SU!, I may be overstating that I have had maybe 1 pkg a year of bent paper. Honestly and seriously!
Ive pulled more bent paper out of the racks at many craft stores than I have ever gotten from SU!.

There are lots of companies that give free shipping, and lots that dont.
I feel SU shipping IS reasonable. I think CTMH AND TAC also have 10% or a MINIMUM of 6.95 shipping. Someone can clarify that for me. Does TAC or CTMH do free shipping? I dont know, since I havent bought from them in years since they dont offer wood mount any longer.

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:45 AM   #136  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleflowersView Post
Hmmm, just went to the SU! web site because although I got my holiday mini, I don't remember what is in it (that alone should be a clue that nothing really hit me). However, before I actually do the poll I wanted to review it again. Am I just looking in the wrong place, or is the mini not posted on-line anywhere?

In the past, I know that I have wanted almost every set in the mini's but the past, oh probably 3 or 4 mini's, I haven't found more than 1 or 2. Maybe that's because I own more sets and am just being more picky or maybe it's just my taste/opinion doesn't match with what is being offered, or a combination of both. I certainly understand that not everything will appeal to everyone but SU! should be constantly evaluating the response to their products (and if they're smart they'll have someone from marketing monitoring these forums). If they see their sales volume go down and their overstock inventory on certain sets go up, they should realize that maybe they're heading down the wrong road. One thing is certain, if they skimp on quality they'll pay for it in the end. People will get disgusted and go elsewhere if they're paying top dollar and get sub-par product.

There is a link to the holiday mini in post #52 of this thread.

I wasn't impressed with much in the holiday mini. I *might* buy some of the designer paper or the satin ribbon, but none of the stamp sets were extremely appealing to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #137  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:54 AM   #138  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkaliciousView Post
I feel SU shipping IS reasonable. I think CTMH AND TAC also have 10% or a MINIMUM of 6.95 shipping. Someone can clarify that for me. Does TAC or CTMH do free shipping? I dont know, since I havent bought from them in years since they dont offer wood mount any longer.

You are correct that TAC has a minimum of $6.95 shipping and after that it is 10%.

For this reason, I will only buy from TAC if I have a large order to put in. So no impulse buying (which used to be pretty easy- since I'm a demo)- I only do my orders when I have $70 or more- to get the 10% shipping.

In the same vein, I've found that SU has outpriced me on stamps. I can no longer afford them, so I do not buy them. I do still really like their paper and am back and forth about whether I'd like to complete my marker collection.
Stamps come from TAC, where I find them to be more in my price range.

Before someone AGAIN talks about how cheap SU is in comparision to other stamps, I will say that I have a total of 3 individual stamps I bought at HL, each with a 40% off coupon- I don't buy individual stamps. I also don't have any AMuse or any Bellas. If I think they are too expensive- I don't buy them. Doesn't mean I don't think they are super cute (bellas) or beautiful (this new triptych set in the mini- though I also would prefer faces)- just that they are out of my range.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:56 AM   #139  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Skittl, you are cuter than a bug's ear, ya' know that? I love your avatar!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:57 AM   #140  
Insane Embellisher

it won't be online to the public until Sept 1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:00 AM   #141  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
BAH!! hahahaha

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #142  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynamomView Post

Are you calling them? I have never found them to be anything other than cooperative about replacing anything that is damaged. No return shipping and they replace it quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:03 AM   #143  
Crimping Master

Smile RE

The prices didn't bother me only because I too didn't care too much for anything. Had I been intereted though, I wouoldn't have bought them a they weren't that great o I wouldn't have wanted to pay the price.

Also, like a few others the main catty was far fro one of my favorites. There are really only about 5 sets that I am planning on buying. I hope I'm wrong, and that many others DO like it as I know the Demos depend on this and a decent income.

Blessings,
Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:04 AM   #144  
Insane Embellisher

ok, forgive me for saying this but since all of you are able to voice your concerns and opinions I feel that I am able to do the same as well. Really all I have to say is this:

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA, if you think your getting "ripped off" by SU, then don't buy SU, if your think they are a "joke" then don't buy from SU...........

Maybe it's time you take your negative energy and attitude and address it with them personally. OR better yet, join another website and post your SU bashing there. Maybe some of you are forgetting that the owner of this website is a SU demonstrator or at least was at one point. Would you like people going to your blogs, or even your home and critizing you right in the comfort of your own home, I highly doubt it.

When you go to grocery store and buy bad produce do ya get on the computer and email everyone you know to bash the grocery store? NO I doubt it. Its just the same here. If you don't like what you see, buy elsewhere, there is really no need to go on and on about this. Give it up ladies, rather than bash SU all day long, go hug your children, smile at a neighbor give the grocery clerk a compliment, ask the gas station attendant how their day is, pet your animal, ......oh better yet, go buy stamps from someone other than SU...... get my point.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:04 AM   #145  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321View Post
You are correct that TAC has a minimum of $6.95 shipping and after that it is 10%.

For this reason, I will only buy from TAC if I have a large order to put in. So no impulse buying (which used to be pretty easy- since I'm a demo)- I only do my orders when I have $70 or more- to get the 10% shipping.

In the same vein, I've found that SU has outpriced me on stamps. I can no longer afford them, so I do not buy them. I do still really like their paper and am back and forth about whether I'd like to complete my marker collection.
Stamps come from TAC, where I find them to be more in my price range.

Before someone AGAIN talks about how cheap SU is in comparision to other stamps, I will say that I have a total of 3 individual stamps I bought at HL, each with a 40% off coupon- I don't buy individual stamps. I also don't have any AMuse or any Bellas. If I think they are too expensive- I don't buy them. Doesn't mean I don't think they are super cute (bellas) or beautiful (this new triptych set in the mini- though I also would prefer faces)- just that they are out of my range.
Thankyou for clarifying that, I really didnt know, was only half remembering from a post somewhere else, and didnt want to state the wrong #s!
Just trying to help justify when someone says SU shipping is way to high, cuz our shipping is flat 3.95 up to 39.50 in product, and 10% after that. We are not really out of line in the shipping dept.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:07 AM   #146  
Forum Fanatic

could we just use the faces from Loads of Love accessories on Trypstich and call it a day? (I'd say All In the Family - but I doubt any of the SU haters bought that set- it's on my list though!)

as to the OP - Wattup girl? Why you start such a fight? Joke and a Rip off...LOL. You got the guts of a burgaler and you smoked out the rats at the same time! he he.

Anyway....I love the new catty...and LOVE LOVE LOVE diecut stamps. I think the pricing is a little wonky with some sets a great value and others not so much. But as others have said all prices are going up. I went to A Muse last week and got a handful of stamps for a lot of $$$$ a very light package - I think more pricey than SU but I couldn't help myself...they are so darn cute! And I want more A Muse and more SU.....so I better log off and get to work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 AM   #147  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Thankyou for clarifying that, I really didnt know, was only half remembering from a post somewhere else, and didnt want to state the wrong #s!
Just trying to help justify when someone says SU shipping is way to high, cuz our shipping is flat 3.95 up to 39.50 in product, and 10% after that. We are not really out of line in the shipping dept.
I agree that I think our (SU) shipping is fine.it does not just cover the amount of a stamp (or UPS whatever)...try to send a stamp set to someone sometime and see what you pay. $3-5 minimum unless it is a very small set. Certainly more than 10%.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:10 AM   #148  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Skittl, you are cuter than a bug's ear, ya' know that? I love your avatar!
Aww thanks so much! My hair is pretty long now- that was a while back. I only get it cut every 2 years or so and donate it to locks for love. It will look like that again in a few months.

/oops, sorry to hijack- back to your regularly scheduled complain about stamps and complaining about complaining about stamps. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:14 AM   #149  
Gallery Gazer

My 2 cents...I am NOT a demo nor do I only purchase SU stamps, but I would rather buy a set of SU stamps, which is MUCH cheaper than buying individual stamps from most stamp companies UNLESS they are unmounted/acrylic. Go to Joann's/Michael's/Hobby Lobby and purchase the equivalent of a SU stamp set. You will be paying more (unless you coupon it) and NOT getting a set of coordinating stamps. I LOVE several other stamp companies that offer mounted stamps and do not notice that SU's prices are that much more per individual stamp.

I really believe that this price increase has a lot to do with the current economy and we notice the price increases more so due to our personal financial pinch with constantly changing fuel and milk prices, which have in turn effected our personal pocketbooks. (As a side note, I teach beginning band and have seen a HUGE decrease in enrollment largely due to financial hardships in the past few years.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:16 AM   #150  
Forum Fanatic

[QUOTE=danamy;7007125]ok, forgive me for saying this [QUOTE]

I forgive you but you are going to need a believer or two to pray for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:16 AM   #151  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is the link to the holiday mini...I don't remember who was looking for it.

http://www.stampinup.com/us/document...Mini_07_US.pdf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:16 AM   #152  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I am understanding you to say that every pkg of cardstock, not just every now and then, but every pkg you get is bent??
When you 'tell them' that your cardstock was bent, do they offer to send you another?? You actually must go thru your demo to get a replacement. Maybe your demo is bending them during packaging and delivery to you?
In 10 years of being with SU!, I may be overstating that I have had maybe 1 pkg a year of bent paper. Honestly and seriously!
Ive pulled more bent paper out of the racks at many craft stores than I have ever gotten from SU!.

I hosted a SU workshop about 5 weeks ago. The order came straight to my house. I personally ordered 8 packages of cardstock. On one of those the corner was bent, not huge, but I remember thinking when I looked at it that I would only get half as many cards from that package.

So here's what I would like to know (sorry for the hi-jacking), if I tell my demo about this, how much of a hassle is it for her to take care of it. Will she have to pay shipping or any other charge to take care of it for me. She's a friend, so I really don't want her to take a loss on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:18 AM   #153  
Stazon Splitcoast

Dang, I can't believe this thread got so hot! Seriously, people, I stand by my original reply....let your $$ do the talking! Put the fists down! No reason to bash companies around here. Plenty of rubber and acrylic to go around for everyone! You can get blue rubber, red rubber, American made rubber, Chinese made rubber, Canadian made rubber, wood mounted, EZ mounted, acrylic, cheap stuff, expensive stuff, blah, blah, blah.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #154  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

SU! should replace this with no problem for you, and I am sure your demo would be happy to take care of it for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #155  
Insane Embellisher

[QUOTE=Bluebear;7007251][QUOTE=danamy;7007125]ok, forgive me for saying this
Quote:

I forgive you but you are going to need a believer or two to pray for you!
not quite sure what you mean by that???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #156  
Die Cut Diva

My, my, my.....I seemed to have caused an uproar and since I am only a little more than a third through the responses, I won't comment too much on what I've read. Thanks all. It's nice to know I'm not the only one "not feeling" the SU! vibe this year and I will put my money with my mouth is since I spent 2500.00 with SU! last year. Many were right to say I can take my money elsewhere and of course some of the 20% profiteers I would expect to push the product even if it does suck. Tupperware sucks too, so have at it.

Danyelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:21 AM   #157  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovellView Post
Dang, I can't believe this thread got so hot! Seriously, people, I stand by my original reply....let your $$ do the talking! Put the fists down! No reason to bash companies around here. Plenty of rubber and acrylic to go around for everyone! You can get blue rubber, red rubber, American made rubber, Chinese made rubber, Canadian made rubber, wood mounted, EZ mounted, acrylic, cheap stuff, expensive stuff, blah, blah, blah.
Novell, I am waving to you! Can you see me? Can you see me?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:25 AM   #158  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Novell, I am waving to you! Can you see me? Can you see me?

I see you! I see you!!! I'd wave back but don't have those awesome smilies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:28 AM   #159  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomof4View Post
I hosted a SU workshop about 5 weeks ago. The order came straight to my house. I personally ordered 8 packages of cardstock. On one of those the corner was bent, not huge, but I remember thinking when I looked at it that I would only get half as many cards from that package.

So here's what I would like to know (sorry for the hi-jacking), if I tell my demo about this, how much of a hassle is it for her to take care of it. Will she have to pay shipping or any other charge to take care of it for me. She's a friend, so I really don't want her to take a loss on it.
No, she will not have to pay shipping.

When doing returns for DAMAGED or DEFECTIVE merchandise, SU! absorbs the shipping cost. The demo calls, explains the problem and is told either to a) keep the bad items and they will send out new or b) return the bad items using a postage paid label printed from the demo side of the website. No cost to the demo or to the customer whatsoever. Usually they ask you to return stamp sets and sometimes punches (the bigger ones) but I've never had to return cardstock that was damaged or off. Just recently I got an odd pack of Green Galore; 8 sheets were normal and the rest were a weird shade of green that could not be called Green Galore or anything else in the 48 or In Colors. They sent me out a new pack and I put the odd cardstock in the drawer my kids use for their projects.

Now, if you change your mind on a NEW, UNOPENED product, then yes, shipping must be paid. Because there is no defect with the product, it is the customer's responsibility to pay for the shipping, though there are some demos who do absorb this cost. It just depends on the customer, the demo and the reason for dissatisfaction.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:32 AM   #160  
Forum Fanatic

[QUOTE=danamy;7007287][QUOTE=Bluebear;7007251]
Quote:

Originally Posted by danamyView Post
ok, forgive me for saying this

not quite sure what you mean by that???
sorry...I'm just being silly....I figured that people might take exception to what you said and give you a hard time about it. That's all.
Reply With Quote Likes