Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-10-2016, 05:16 AM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

They did say they were increasing production as of October. I'm glad you were able to get the kit you wanted.

For me, it has actually been a stress reliever not buying any of their products and I am sure a money saver, too! :p Since I know I won't buy anything from their company I just pass it up in the store and when watching video using their product I just enjoy the process and ignore the product.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #42  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

My problem is that I wasn't understanding their release schedule for the kits (first Monday of month, unless it is a holiday). I wasn't signed up for the newsletter so I was waiting until I saw the samples on blogs like Jennifer McGuire. Of course if I didn't see a blog post until 2 days later (like in October), it was sold out by the time I realized it had been released. This month, I set a calendar reminder and an alarm because I knew from the previews I wanted that triangle box die.

I did email them in October when I discovered it was already sold out by Oct 5, and they said they had increased the order significantly from September's count (not enough in my opinion since I still missed it) and that they were going to increase it again for November. Sounds like they did since it is still in stock 3 days later.

I did wonder why they didn't simply release parts of the kits (at least stamps and dies) in the future as a way to pacify those who didn't get in on the whole kit. Especially if the kit sold out really fast, it would be a good indicator that the parts would also sell, even at a later date (even the next year in case of seasonal sets). But I didn't know about the manufacturing process of a set being on the same sheet as multiple other sets. That might explain why they can't/don't do that.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2016, 03:56 AM   #43  
Crimping Master

I understand that the manufacturing process must cause headaches, but as a consumer I am not going to stand on my head, turn around 3 times and remember the secret handshake. Life is too short and there are lots of GREAT stamp companies out there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2016, 04:06 AM   #44  
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

It's the first Monday of each Month. Calendar worthy for folks who love them. : ) They probably will start subscriptions soon.

For kits in general, many companies who sell them have a finite number, or run out. Or all they do is kits.

I'm so used to buying on Amazon or in large retail stores, I don't always think about how the small companies can't stock up like the giants. Come to think of it, even the giants run out. I ordered two paper stacks from a large retail store the other day, and only one was actually available. Inventory inaccuracy or theft.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2016, 06:20 AM   #45  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Calendar worthy for folks who love them. : )
I have been enjoying their color layering stamps/dies and have purchased other sets from time to time but all of a sudden their kits seem much more attractive to me. LOL - maybe it's just that the marketing ploy works on me.... that if I don't snag it I won't be able to get it. However, that hasn't been the case with all companies which offer monthly "while supplies last" kits. I buy them if I am really interested in the stamps/dies, but more often than not, I can resist most of the others. Whatever Hero Arts is doing, it is working on me. Good for them, bad for my checking account.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2016, 02:36 PM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just received an email from HA stating they have a limited number of the Nov. kit for sale in their store...while supplies last.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2016, 11:20 PM   #47  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. Thank you for your response. I actually should have updated this post. After writing this I contacted them to complain. A wonderful woman there named Debbie went out of her way to help me get the October and November kit. I really can't say enough about the customer service I received. I have to say Hero Arts rocks and I will be a loyal customer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2016, 02:08 AM   #48  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I hear you on the frustration, I went thru the same thing with Simon Says Stamp and Stamptember. I really wanted Neat and Tangled "Nuts About You" it sold out in 43 minutes I was told by customer service and they did not even act sorry about it. I was so disgusted. I actually contacted SSS twice and both times they were very blas� about the fact that customers were frustrated. I am so upset that I don't even read their blog anymore and I used to follow it every day.
I also contacted Neat and Tangled ....they were very nice.....but they could not help me. They explained that they provide the art work to SSS and that is the end of their commitment SSS does everything else and they have no control. At least Neat&Tangled sounded sympathetic to my frustration
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2016, 04:21 AM   #49  
Crimping Master

I am happy to hear about great customer service and think it is sad when it is not sympathetic to the customer. However, we are all a bit to blame for this. If we set our alarms and rush to buy the products and play the game, then in essence the company has what they want, even if they have unsatisfied customers.

On a very good note, I ordered from a, new to me, company last week. Sunny Studio Stamps filled my order and shipped it lightning fast. I was informed of the progress of the order at every step. The stamps look fantastic, they included a holly die for free, and a handwritten thank you. Wow! Now that is the kind of company I will be doing business with for a long time! Oh, I almost forgot.... one of the stamps sets that I ordered was featured by Jennifer McGuire and we know how fast those products can sell out. Everything was in stock and on its way to my door in no time. Impressive!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2016, 01:40 PM   #50  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
I totally get that. But just think of it this way....

What if you had to write a check for $20,000 and then just hope that people bought it? It's scary. So all companies have to balance the risk with the demand. But each month, they learn from the demand and the next month adjusts, as Joan pointed out.

There is so much risk pre-buying custom products.

All companies who do limited releases take this risk and it's hard to get it right. I can tell you that they are amazing, sweet people who want their customers to be happy.

There aren't nicer people in this industry than HA peeps.

Don't companies get huge tax write-offs for overstock? I thought they under stock monthly clubs purposely to intensify demand. I mean like playing hard to get -- makes us want it more. Leventhal's apology seems genuine, but he just said he didn't expect such a great demand --not that he didn't purposely under stock so the demand he did expect would not be filled.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #51  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
Hero Arts has been having monthly kits. Today is September 8th and this month's kit is sold out. I don't know if it was released on the first or when it was made available. I have been interested in the past in a die cut and found out that I had to purchase a kit to get the one die cut I wanted.

I am just getting fed up with companies that either offer such limited stock, products only available in kit form, or have such short windows to purchase a product. Sometimes a few hours and poof the sale is gone. I am not trying to be negative, but it gets frustrating when product is gone before you know it is available. Am I the only one feeling this way?
May I address the original issue? I understand your frustration. I (think) I learned recently they release their kits on the first Monday of the month. Still frustrating, but perhaps that will help a little.

I realize much as been written since this original posting, if this has been stated, please forgive - just didn't want to read pages of notes to add that little tip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2016, 04:07 AM   #52  
Gallery Gazer

The December release is this Monday, 12/5. If you subscribe to the Hero Arts email list, you'll get a reminder each month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2016, 05:47 AM   #53  
Crimping Master

Nope, didn't even bother to look at the new kit! This has been a wonderful change for me. I pass every Hero product by in the store and ignore the online hype. I am finding some great stamp companies that I may have not noticed before. At first I was thinking a year is a long time to not buy a company's products, but as time goes by I am finding no desire to buy Hero and this has been a wonderful decision for me personally.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2016, 06:04 AM   #54  
Gallery Gazer

I noted the reminder generally - just for anyone posting to or reading the thread in case they'd find it useful - not trying to change your or anyone's mind. (Maybe I shouldn't admit it but I didn't go back and read so didn't recall specific posts when I posted.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2016, 06:46 AM   #55  
Crimping Master

No worries, I knew that you were just reminding people.
Reply With Quote Likes