Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's the challenge. . .

Over the next few months I need to make several birthday and other occasion cards for guys and I'm having a hard time finding stamps that fit the bill. Add to that, the sentiment needs to be humorous. Am I the only one who has difficulty with this? I would almost rather go buy a card than struggle like I have been, but the guys are feeling left out when I make all the cards for extended family gals.

Help me out here ladies! I'll go shopping (electronically probably) but I really need some go to stamps. I can't even come up with ideas!!!!! HELP!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #2  
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I need humorous guy cards, I go to Hambo. They have a great variety ~ sports, gardening, puns, etc.

Hambo Stamps
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 06:14 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Not sure how old the recipients will be....but you might try "I Brake For Stamps" - Senior Citizen category....they have pictures and sentiments. Also check Hambo Stamps....they have some humorous sentiments. Art Impressions have a series of Seniors also.

Try a search on sentiments in these forums....There have been a few humorous ones, with lots of suggestions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

For the occasions when you need to be serious instead of humorous get a sailboat stamp, a lighthouse stamp and a wildlife stamp. You can stamp those with a colored ink on white, then layer that onto a a card the same color as the ink you used. Brads and twine instead of sparkles and ribbon make it definitely a GUY card.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I have been using Riley from Hanna Stamps for my male cards. My dad is a golfer, so he got Golfer Riley. My brother is a pilot, so he got flying Riley.

I also love the Wanted set from Stampin' Up. It has the bold horse & western medallions in it. I used it for one of my son's birthday & for my husband. Two of my male co-workers got cards from that set.

I have used House Mouse images & nature scenes in the past. A good friend of mine makes her masculine cards with Stampscaped scenes.

I'm thinking you could add a funny sentiment best to Riley & House Mouse images. I ususally do more serious cards. Thanks, JIL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 12:56 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I have been using Riley from Hanna Stamps for my male cards. My dad is a golfer, so he got Golfer Riley. My brother is a pilot, so he got flying Riley.

I also love the Wanted set from Stampin' Up. It has the bold horse & western medallions in it. I used it for one of my son's birthday & for my husband. Two of my male co-workers got cards from that set.

I have used House Mouse images & nature scenes in the past. A good friend of mine makes her masculine cards with Stampscaped scenes.

I'm thinking you could add a funny sentiment best to Riley & House Mouse images. I ususally do more serious cards. Thanks, JIL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 07:09 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 169 Likes on 134 Posts

I use Stamping Bella Fellas! They are perfect for male cards!
www.stampingbella.com
hugs
Reply With Quote Likes