Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-06-2005, 09:33 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP with PUTER and TEEN HELP

OK girls... This sounds bad BUT it is my home and I need to know what the heck is going on in it correct???
OK here is the issue... My teen son is always hiding stuff.. He is on his puter (Not hookes to the net) but he is always putting stuff in it. he said nothing mom but I want to know. I pay the damn bills and I am the Mom and I am not one with all the trouble we have had in the past with him to sit with my thumb in my rear adn jkust let him get out of controle again... What I need to know is how can I see what is in his puter. He is smart enough to have got rid of shortcuts.... If I go to doc. he has got rid of the link..How can I go behind this?Just a little history He is mentaly ill and it is not healthy for him to withdraw adn hide stuff in the puter you know....Ihs PSY told ne he does not know how to do this but told me I should figure it out. He is really not a "Normal" teen it is really serious some things we are going through with him... If you can give me STEP by STEP dirrections how to go behind him on the puter and see what the Issue or not is please help... I really dont care if it is normal teen type stuff BUT he is not a "Normal" teen and this could be nothing or it could be something BUT we need to find out....Please help me. I am not too puter savy... Heck I only know how to talk to you all really SAD HUH......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2005, 09:43 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

If you think he is hiding stuff, definitley check it out! What version of windows do you have?? XP,98?? If you have xp, just go to start and search, you can then pull up all docs or pics on your computer.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2005, 10:51 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

We found that by having the computer in the living room, the kids can't hide anything. It is now in the basement but we have an open door policy. We tell both of the kids that if at anytime, I want to see what they are doing, then it better be something they aren't ashamed of. So far it's worked. They also have a time limit, 40 min. a day on the computer during the week, 2 40 min. turns on the Sat. and Sun.
Your the boss and it's really your computer, so check it out now before it's too late and then maybe consider laying down some rules he might not like but has to abide by.
Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2005, 10:58 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

There is a site: www.annoyances.org that is very good and could help you. It is a forum and all you need to do is to post you problem and they will help you. I have used it a number of time with some problems that I have had with my computer and they have helped me every time.
Yes you should check out what he is doing. I went through the teenage years with three of them and now I am going into it again with two more.
I have a strict policy of no passwords for anythings and if they register on any site, they have to use one of my emails, that way, I know where they have been. I also check the history at least once a week, to see where they might have been. I also "explore" my harddrive once in while to see what they might have put in the computer. They don't hide anything, but my computer is in the same room that I stamp in, so they don't have much of an opportunity to do something that they shouldn't.

DEB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2005, 05:33 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Default boy trouble

Well this is all great BUT he is not on the NET at home it is at the ed. center and hed puts on dics and this sort of thing. I know to check doc.but I know htere is something but I can figure out the Back way in... He is not a little boy he does know about puters and I know he is hiding something in it... I just know....I think I might let him go to school and just reboot it on him.LOL how funny would that be he would loose all his crap. I think that he hides it on the flopys and this is what I AM REALLY LOOKING FOR...
Grrr I dont like teenagers.....HEHEHE
Reply With Quote Likes