Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! NEED CARDS!

I have also posted on the demo only forum, but wanted to give everyone a chance to help!

As many of you have probably seen on the news about 3700 of our troops have been extended in Iraq and moved from Mosul to Baghdad. A majority of these troops are from the 172nd Stryker Brigade in Ft. Wainwright, Alaska. They have been in Iraq for one year as of July 28, and were given notice as they were on their way home (some ALREADY home and being sent back, some in the airport getting ready to come home, and the rest within days of coming home...) that they were being extended indefinately (most likely at least 4 more months). This has devastated families here, but the soldiers know they have a job to do.

How can you help? For the past two years I have been holding a stamp-a-stack for Iraq workshops to send cards to the soldiers for them to use to send to their friends and family. I am still holding these workshops, but these soldiers need these cards now more then ever. If you have any extra cards laying around that you can part with I would love to be able to send them to our soldiers.

Thank you all so much for your help!!

You can send the cards to:

Karen Denny
3390 Sharon Road
North Pole, Alaska 99705

Again, THANK YOU!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

On my way out the door, but gotta bump for a good cause!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 09:57 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

I don't know what type you are looking for, but I have some nice fall/Thanksgiving cards that I'll send your way - in the mail tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

Thank you so much!! Fall/Thanksgiving cards will be great. We are looking for pretty much anything......birthday, miss you, thinking of you, anniversary, new baby, ANYTHING!! And of course, with Thanksgiving coming up fall and Thanksgiving, Christmas......Whatever you have!

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 12:19 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Smile Cards Needed

Hi,
I want to help and mail you some cards. I will get them in the mail in the next day or two. I am amazed on how strong these people and their families are. I can't even imagine going through what they are going through. I feel this is the least that I can do for these great people. Thanks for doing such a nice thing.

Kelly :0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Default NEED CARDS FOR SOLDIERS

THANK YOU for helping out by sending cards! I agree, their families are going through a LOT and this is the least I can do. I have had great response from the community also, so hopefully I can get TONS over there!! Again, THANK YOU ALL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I was an AF wife for 24 years, but out of that life for 8 years so it has been awhile since I had anyone overseas. Do the service men and women still get to mail their cards/letters home for free, or is postage needed? And Karen, how about on your end of the sending of these packages...do you need some postage money included with the cards that we donate?

I commend you on your effort to support the troops and their families. Like I said, I don't have anyone over there right now, but I cried when I saw the news reporter film of traveling to Bagdad with the bearer of bad news and showing some of the troops standing at a meeting with him delivering the news that they had to remain in country for at least another 4 months.

Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2006, 11:48 PM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Carol~
They do get to mail their cards/letters for free, so postage is not needed, I just make sure there are envelopes with all the cards. If you would like to send some money for postage that would be great. I pay for all postage myself (actually that's what my commission checks go to....)

I spoke with one soldier tonight that is on his way back to Iraq....he was injured when he was there the first time, came home and ended up having back surgery. 6 months after the surgery you are re-deployable, so he is on his way back. (With a wife pregnant with their first child, due the end of August! His baby will probably be a year old before he gets to see or hold her!) It is sad!! And a year is bad enough, but to be extended indefinately, and SO CLOSE to coming home!! Some were in the airport on their way!! Anyway, he said that YES, cards are definately appreciated as they really don't have anything to write on, and where they are being moved to, they really aren't going to be able to email and call as they could before.

Anyway, I could go on forever!

Thank you so much for all your help!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 09:59 AM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

bump
Reply With Quote Likes