Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2006, 03:46 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!!

Hi everyone,
I've been thinking about becoming a TAC demo b/c of the low minimums and storage space issues BUT now I'm thinking about SU instead b/c I love the paper and stamps, my friends love the supplies and quality, and of course the amazing amount of work here on SCS.
I'm figuring on having a camp to help with the minimums regardless of which company I sign on with.

Here's my questions:
1. Do any of you give your camp members/customers the 20% discount to help meet your minimums? (I don't want to make $ off of my friends)
2. Is the SU minimum $300 every 3mos or 4 mos?
3. What should the $ agreement be for camp members? Of course I want the camp to cover most if not all of the minimum.
4. If I become a SU hobby demo does it matter if I choose to unmount my stamps? I know to promote SU products I must promote/show the wood mounting system but if I'm just stamping with my friends does it matter?

TIA,
Maureen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2006, 04:00 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

I can't answer your questions, but I want to wish you luck. I love SU! and I love helping my sis meet her minimums.
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2006, 04:00 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by moheron
Hi everyone,
I've been thinking about becoming a TAC demo b/c of the low minimums and storage space issues BUT now I'm thinking about SU instead b/c I love the paper and stamps, my friends love the supplies and quality, and of course the amazing amount of work here on SCS.
I'm figuring on having a camp to help with the minimums regardless of which company I sign on with.

Here's my questions:
1. Do any of you give your camp members/customers the 20% discount to help meet your minimums? (I don't want to make $ off of my friends)
3. What should the $ agreement be for camp members? Of course I want the camp to cover most if not all of the minimum.
4. If I become a SU hobby demo does it matter if I choose to unmount my stamps? I know to promote SU products I must promote/show the wood mounting system but if I'm just stamping with my friends does it matter?

TIA,
Maureen
I chose to be a SU demo, because I love the images (although I do like other companies & do use them) & the fact that the colors are already cooridinating (I've got no talent in that so~~) & several of my friends love SU as well, so they help with my mins...As for your ??s
1. I 'share' my discount with my friends ~ I don't do camps or clubs ~ we just get together & stamp ~ each with our own stuff...
2. $300 min every 3 months
3. don't do camps so don't know ~ but if you do camps & give your discount I'd be concerned about losing money...
4. I also don't know, but as a hobby demo, I figure you can do whatever you want to with mounting your stamps...

Good luck with your choice...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2006, 04:34 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

I'd be careful about giving your friends the full discount- because if you earn enough money (and to SU and the IRS it looks like you are earning it) you will have to pay taxes, and if you didn't make any income that will be tough to do.

I personally have given this a ton of thought and plan to become a TAC hobby demo. However, right now, I don't see myself giving up SU inks and cardstock- it's just too awesome. But the 25% discount on the stamps is a great deal, and the SU minimums are not in my range.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

I've heard of the 6/25 club you have 6 people and each month they spend $25, this guarentees you will meet the min. So each month a different person gets the level 1 hostess gift for spending $150, and the $15.00 of free merchandise, so if you go over that you use the rest. There's also the marker club, you have 4 people sign up to get the markers and each month they get a family of markers plus the coordinating paper family which comes to a little over $150 so the person who gets the marker case gets the hostess level 1 and the $15.00 of merchandise. Plus you'll still get the 20% off of the order.........and it's all about choice about weather or not you want to share it. My sister and I don't, but we would if it were just friends that come to the camps. But since we don't, we rarely have to spend any of our personal money to buy supplies or new stuff we want to play with.
We've only been demoing since Nov. '05 so I'm sure there are more seasoned demos that can give other advice. Would love to hear it too.
Hope this was understandable...

~~Kate~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2006, 04:44 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Here's my questions:
I don't give my discount away... I also don't feel like it's making $$$ off my friends because they can sign up to be demos too... and I would still stamp with them! AND I do a lot of work preppin for events. The money I "make" off them goes back into giving them great service. I DO try to throw free-bees and free stuff their way when I can... I always have a lot of extra hostess sets and stuff.

It's every quarter... so 3 months... and it includes your personal purchases and your sales (they are not viewed seperate like with some companies).

I think you mean "Club" members...Everyone does this differently. I plan to start one soon and offer a $20 commitment every month for 10 months and I have 10 members in each club. I am going to skip Jan and Feb, so it's fair for all (these are SAB months with big promos for hostesses)

I guess it doesn't matter... might be a problem if you decide to expand your business and sell outside of your personal sphere. Personally I love the wood!

Good luck with your decision... I should add, you might want to discuss these issues with your future upline and get her input!

Reply With Quote Likes