Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:58 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ Cling Question

Hi All,
I got some new rubber stamp sets from SU and want to use EZ mount/cling instead of mounting them on the wooden blocks. I had some questions and any answers you all talented people can give me is appreciated.

1) Do I need the Hot knife that they have shown in Sunday International for me to cut the ez mount after the stamp has been adhered to it?
3) Is the Thinner version of ez mount sufficient for the SU stamps that have foam on it already?
3) Any other points and tips that I should be aware of?
4) Any where else I can buy it from? EZ thin foam is on back order in Sunday International.

Thanks
Banu
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

1) In my experience no, I used Tim Holtz's red handle scissors and it works well
2) Yes! However, I tend to just remove the SU stamp from its foam and use regular EZ mount (I have tons of it to use up!).
3)Straight line cuts are definitely the best cutting approach.
4) I know Stampingbella.com has it. I tend to through it into the basket when I purchase UM Stamps (maybe that explains why I have so much).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

1) Do I need the Hot knife that they have shown in Sunday International for me to cut the ez mount after the stamp has been adhered to it?
No, you don't need it. It slices thru the EZ Mount like buttah, and makes it easier to cut if you've placed the stamps close together, and it doesn't get gunked up by the adhesive, but it's not an absolute necessity. You can cut the EZ Mount with whatever scissors you use to cut your stamps.

Quote:

3) Is the Thinner version of ez mount sufficient for the SU stamps that have foam on it already?
Yes! In fact, that's what it was made for. However, if you like to store your unmounted stamps in cd cases, SU cushion + thin EZ Mount makes them just a hair thick for the case - you can see that the cover of the case is pressing them down.

Quote:

3) Any other points and tips that I should be aware of?
When I turn SU stamps into unmounted, I use the cushion that's already on them and just paint some Ailene's Tack It Over and Over right over the sticky adhesive. Cheaper than EZ Mount, you don't have to cut the stamps out again, they don't end up too thick for the cd case and it works. Just my opinion, though

Quote:

4) Any where else I can buy it from? EZ thin foam is on back order in Sunday International.
Both these sites sell it:
Beeswax
Blockhead

ETA: Oops - Beeswax doesn't sell the thin EZ Mount, it looks like - only the regular.

Last edited by cbet; 02-20-2008 at 01:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 03:12 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you so much for your replies. So Ailene's Tack It Over and Over - this stays for some time? Or do i have to apply it every time i neeed to use it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2008, 07:19 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh_dallasView Post
Thank you so much for your replies. So Ailene's Tack It Over and Over - this stays for some time? Or do i have to apply it every time i neeed to use it?
It lasts a long time - you might need to reapply eventually, but not every time you use the stamp.

You put it on the stamp, let it dry and then stick the stamp to the back of your hand or your jeans or something to cut down on its stickability; after that it clings like EZ Mount.
Reply With Quote Likes