Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Embossing Conundrum.....

ok stampers..i've puzzled over this for a little while and i'd like your thoughts on this.... This week for our stamp club my demo did the split negative technique for one of our adorable cards...the only problem was she just had white craft ink and clear embossing powder to create the white embossed image. when we embossed the image it just turned clearish...not totally clear, but definitely not white....i would have assumed that white craft and clear embossing powder would return the same results as using versamark or other embossing ink and white powder....i have tried to think of a reason for this but i can't! i wonder if any of you have had the same experiences or if this is a fluke, we did try the technique using light colored paper as well as dark colored paper so i don't know what it could be! :confused: TIA for any input
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2007, 10:01 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Some white inks are not totally opaque. I think the ink most likely faded when it was heated. I would use white ink with white powder or versa mark with white powder. I have used clear ink over other colors and the colors do not stay vibrant. The clear ink gives more of a glass look over the ink. If you want a vibrant color use colored embossing powder.
Hope this helps.

Blessings,
Diane Beckman
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2007, 03:18 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You will definitely get white if you use white embossing powder. Makes all the difference. good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2007, 03:50 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, they are two completely different looks. If you want WHITE, definitely use white embossing powder. The clear embossing powder should be used for its own merits - it can create wonderful effects too!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2007, 07:14 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks ladies...i'm going to be trying the white powder as i have some....although its still a bit puzzling about the white craft ink....but i suppose i'll just have to accept what i need to do!...lol we also tried using a colored classic ink and then versamark and clear over the top and the color was wonderful...perhaps i'll have to remember to do that even if it is a couple more steps but you gotta love the stamp-a-majig!
Reply With Quote Likes