Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-01-2005, 06:18 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does anyone NOT like having their catty spiral bound?

I keep hearing about everyone having their cattys spiral bound and am wondering if there is anyone that regretted doing this? I am just not sure if I will like not having the regular binding long term.
Thanks so much for your opinions!
Christine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2005, 06:26 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Well, I have never had my catty bound, and don't really see the need for it. Maybe that has to do with the fact that I am not a demo and I am generally the only one who pours over it. I guess I am also leary as some people have said their catties were ruined when some stores tried to bind them.

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2005, 06:49 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

I didn't get mine done last year, and my mom did. And I loved using hers so much that I got mine done this year. I also got them spiral bound for all of my past hostess from this year, and they all LOVE them. I was worried b/c of the horror stories I heard, and I just decided to outline EXACTLY what I wanted done to the copycenter lady so she didn't cut off too much, etc. I think the best part is being able to lay it flat on the table while I'm stamping so if I'm casing some project I can refer to it very easily. That doesn't really answer your question since I do like having mine bound, I guess I was just trying to give you a "good reasons to do it" response. If you're detailed about how you want it done, there's no reason someone who is familiar with the process can't correctly spiral bound your book. JMHO
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2005, 08:21 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I don't like mine spiral bound, I had a friend take it upon herself to have one of my TAC catalogs bound like that a few years ago, the cover and pages seem to rip loose and that irritates me.

But it does allow the book to lie flat, and I suppose that is nice, I just like my catalog in one piece.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2005, 08:42 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had one done years back and I missed having the spine. I have all my catalogs lined up on a bookshelf and that one I can't read which year. I have over 5 years worth of Stampin UP since I have been at this craft for 10 years. It was nice to have it lie flat, but not enough that I ever did it again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2005, 11:38 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am a demo and I don't have mine bound. I've thought about it, but between the Kinko's that flat out WON'T do it and the horror stories I read in the Demo forum-I'm gonna have to say no thanks.

Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2005, 11:39 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up

My demo had hers bound and we really liked it for all the reasons mentioned...being able to lay it flat while you're working on something. I tend to reference it A LOT and end up getting dents in it, so I think it will be great for me. My demo also had the front and back cover laminated and added an 8�X11 craft keeper which she built into it and will be keeping her mini catalogs in - I thought that was a great idea! There is only one thing. . . The index section in the back (where you have the page #s and item #s) is printed so close to the middle that some of them ended up punched through. I don't think it's such a big deal though. I'm going to do mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2005, 03:25 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Smile Thank you everyone!

I really have appreciated each and every one of your suggestions, comments, and reasons for why you either do or do not like your catty spiral bound. You all have been so nice and helpful!

As for my decision, well, I haven't decided. I guess in a perfect world, I would laminate the front and back covers and keep the binding on. Wonder if we could get SU! to move the index a few millimeters for next year!

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes