Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-16-2006, 02:19 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customising your SU kit!!

Hi Guys,

Well I am on the countdown of "sleeps" till SU is finally trading here in Australia. I see the forms are set for downloading on our site but no demos will be accpeted until April 3.

So that got me thinking about my kit and which sets would you recommend orderingin my kit? What do you gals recomend for a first time AUSSIE DEMO!!!!!

Any tips totally welcome!

Cheers

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2006, 02:26 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

All I changed was the wheel - and now I am regretting it. I think the kit is very versitile and great as is. If you have the sets already I would switch out what you have. I would choose a BG stamp for sure if you are going to customize it. Congratulations on signing up!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2006, 02:44 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by shayles
All I changed was the wheel - and now I am regretting it. I think the kit is very versitile and great as is. If you have the sets already I would switch out what you have. I would choose a BG stamp for sure if you are going to customize it. Congratulations on signing up!!
I agree I think the stamps in the starter kit are great if you don't already have them......the only one I'm not super crazy about is Greetings Galore. I might do something like Tag Time, or even Travel Post if you like vintage sets. Also I would probably change up the colors of ink, I almost never use yoyo yellow, brilliant blue or green galore.....I would probably substitute celery, barely bannana, and bliss blue.....and then make one of the assortment packs of cardstock soft subtles.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2006, 03:43 PM   #4  
8 Cow Woman

Just so you know, both assorted cardstock packages have to be the same color family. I tried to do 2 different ones and got a call from Salt Lake telling me to pick one family!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2006, 02:22 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Karen,

I'm in Australia and have downloaded my forms to join SU! too.

I'm not sure about Much Appreciated... I think that Sincere Saluations might be a better option - it costs a bit more though.

I'm also thinking that the brights might be a bit too bright even though I like vivid colours, I'm thinking that in the inkpads I'll go for:

Certainly Celery
Bashful Blue
Pretty In Pink
Barely Banana
Not sure which of the purples as I like them all.

The other thing is that the initial Australian catalogue (sorry Australian spelling there) will be different to the US one so we don't really know which stamps will be available.

I'm really not thrilled with Loads of Love so I'll definitely be changing that. Hmmm, looks like I've changed almost everything. :lol: I do really like Heartfelt Thanks and I think that would be an easy set to sell.

So whereabouts in Australia are you Karen? I'm in Sydney.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Hi girls,

I am an Aussie that has been living in Canada for 5 years (SU demo for the past two years). I am very excited that stampin' up is expanding to Australia as I am moving back in August. But I couldn't wait until then to join up so I have already sent in my starter kit order form in. Although I didn't know that the card stock had to be the same, oops! As for the stamp sets I only have the Loads of love so that is the only one I am going to swap out for something else. Of which I thought the Catalogue was pretty much the same seems the starter kit was exactly the same as the Canadian one. So hopefully the stamp set I put on my order form is in the Australia Catalgoue. If not two loads of love sets isn't a big deal. For the lady who didn't think the loads of love is that great, have you seen the accessories? This is what really what makes this stamp set great. With the accessories it covers every occation! As well as being a great stamp set for male cards. There is a lot of stamps for female cards but not as many to make the guys in our life cards. I do use this stamp set all the time when I am demonstrating!

I really can't wait to see the Aussie Catty, now that I know it is different. I am going to be in Oz in three weeks so hopefully my starter kit will be at my parents house when I arrive!
Cheers and happy stamping down under!
Naomi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2006, 04:20 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

That was me Naomi but of course I've changed my mind since then. LOL. I've seen card samples made with it and now I really like it. I will probably change my cardstock to subtles. I already have Heartfelt Thanks so I thought I might change that to Roses in Winter since it's the same price. I've seen the Aussie catty and at the moment is has less things in it than the US one although there will be updates soon. Two of the other sets I have: Cool Cats and Paris In Spring are in the Aussie one neither is My Word which is one I really wanted. Oh well.

So whereabouts in Australia will you be Naomi? I'm in Sydney.

Cheers,
Angela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2006, 04:32 PM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Hi Angela,

I am from the Sunshine Coast and my family is still on the sunny coast. But my husband and I are going to be moving to Melbourne. Given I have never been to Melbourne this is going to be an adventure. I will be going for the first time in three weeks, and then we will be moving at the end of July. But not before I go to the Stampin' Up Convention! I convinced my husband that I should go seems we are going to be so close compared to Australia!

My cousin was meant to go to the Paper Craft show in Brisbane a couple of weeks ago and get me catalogue. I thought it was a great plan but she never ended up going and getting me one. So I wait. So if you already have one can you check if they have the set All Wrapped Up. It has a jar and a bag with a fish and frog and flower. It isn't like any of my other sets so I thought I would get it in my starter kit. The biggest reason why I can't wait to see what is in the Catalogue is I need to sell anything I am not going to need to demonstratore with. It is a big job moving countries (for the second time) there is a lot of packing involved. Although I have one box of retired favourites I am not going to sell, another box of stamps I haven't used in the last year and that is how I am organizing my stamp stuff so far. Until I see what is in the catalogue!

Naomi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2006, 04:55 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Naomi,

I lived in Melbourne for a year and I loved it... it's a great place to live, very cultural and super friendly.

All Wrapped Up is in the Australian Catty. Anything else you'd like to know?

Oh and I can't imagine how difficult it would be to move all your stuff from one country to another.

Cheers,
Angela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2006, 05:44 PM   #10  
Glitter Queen

Hi Angela,

Thanks for checking for me. I am sure I will think of more questions.

Naomi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2006, 08:39 AM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Hi Angela,

I have thought of a couple more questions..... Do you have an email address I can email you on. Instead of having to check back on this thread each time. My email is [email protected] . Only a couple more sleeps to go!

Naomi
Reply With Quote Likes