Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #121  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Cook22;11146425]Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, so no fireworks from me. Personally I am more than happy to pay what comes to a very small amount per month, mostly on the principle that I don't always think I should get something for nothing. Gosh, I pay more than that for my picture storage on PictureTrail, and I don't have an issue with that. I'm happy that I won 6 months sub in the DTGD challenges, but I will be renewing myself when that is up, for sure. And maybe I shouldn't say it, but it's mostly not about the DD gallery for me. I like it, I enjoy looking at it but I could live without it. But I have used SCS as a resource quite often over the years and felt it was time to start supporting it since I had benefitted from it. You could see buying a magazine as only supporting the publishers, or you could also see at as a way of supporting the designers for it....[/QUOTE]

I like the way you put that ( :
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #122  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have been in the shadows here for maybe 4 years now. I became a subscriber because I loved what I saw here. I too view it as a magazine. I say this guy is a genius and if he can make a good living from it good for him! I am jealous that I didn't think of it. He has something special here and I hope he is a millionaire some day! Bravo Daven on your newest financial endeavor. May SCS live long and prosper

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2008, 04:28 AM   #123  
Rubber Obsessor

I have been a fc member for two years. I finally decided to become a member when we remodeled our living room and I had to go through a ton of stamping mags and didn't see one article I wanted to keep because I knew I could find all those great ideas on splitcoast. I didn't renew any of the mags and have more ideas and help from this site than I ever had with all that paper. Goin' Green. Save a tree. Plus you can communicate and ask questions and get answers from some of the most talented people in the world. Love this site. Love those dirty girls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2008, 05:30 AM   #124  
Gabfest Goddess

Default Newbie's Thoughts

Well - I'm new to the sight and I'm certainly more than addicted. I have gotten great tips, inspirations, learned new techniques, received super feedback and I have chatted with some wonderful ladies! That's what I feel I'm paying for and it's well worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2008, 06:02 AM   #125  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
Thanks to the generosity of demonstrators and consumers alike that share their SU! creations, the SU! galleries here are substantial (IMHO), and contain more ideas than anyone could possibly execute in a life-time! I think SCS has made it very easy, too, to simply go straight to those galleries and bypass anything that doesn't interest a viewer? :confused:

If you'll use the keyword "CAS" you'll find card designs that are referred to as Clean & Simple, altho there will more than likely be non-SU! stamps also featured in those designs. You can also try "SUO", which stands for SU! only, to filter those designs into your search results.

You'll be amazed at how keywords (when we remember to use them during upload, and during searches) help you find what you're looking for in the galleries--totally increases the power of the search engine!

At any rate, I can guarantee you will not find a larger SU! database of ideas anywhere else on the www.

HTH, :grin:

I'm sure this is a hijack, but I'm doing it anyhoo. Ya know how we have a thread that helps us with *those crazy acronyms* like BRB and TFS etc. Is there a place that lists keyword acronyms? I think this kind of tool would be very helpful when uploading and filling in the *keywords* field and also in helping more us learn how powerful this site is in being able to *sort* the gallery for specific designs, projects, vendors etc. It would be cool to just refer to a list which contains the acronyms and definitiions as in JulieHRR's examples of *SUO* and *CAS* etc. etc.

RE: SCS membership: I find it empowering to be able to say I'm getting something for just pennies per day! I look at SCS as training classes or workshops. It's a good thing the *classes* cost pennies, because the hobby costs plenty! LOL
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RED DIVAS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2008, 06:06 AM   #126  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisations.inkView Post
I'm sure this is a hijack, but I'm doing it anyhoo. Ya know how we have a thread that helps us with *those crazy acronyms* like BRB and TFS etc. Is there a place that lists keyword acronyms? I think this kind of tool would be very helpful when uploading and filling in the *keywords* field and also in helping more us learn how powerful this site is in being able to *sort* the gallery for specific designs, projects, vendors etc. It would be cool to just refer to a list which contains the acronyms and definitiions as in JulieHRR's examples of *SUO* and *CAS* etc. etc.
We don't have one. . . yet! Are ya volunteering?

Seriously, though, one of the things we want to do to the gallery next is make it easier to work with the keywords. All of the company galleries are keyword-driven, and you can see which keywords we look for by hovering over the company name, or just looking at the purple bar on top of the gallery after you click a company name.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #127  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you go into Search and type in acronyms you will find a listing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #128  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

I totally agree with what Kristie Lee said. $2.00 a month is not bad at all. I pay more than twice that for my Venti Peppermint Mocha Latte with Chocolate Whipped Cream. It's divine, and worth it. Just like SCS.

I pay because I love this site. I don't expect everything to be cheap or free. I may not be able to afford everything I want, but I am willing to pay for quality service and products. That includes a site that does have some ads, but it is not as bad as websites that rely solely on ad income. I've been to some of them and I get ads that like commercials. Very annoying, but necessary to pay the bills.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2008, 10:58 AM   #129  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the best thing about Splitcoast Stampers is that you don't have to have a paid membership. The free membership gives people access to virtually everything. (Unlike other websites where the free version is way sub-standard to the paid versions.)

Also, I like that there isn't an indicator or icon next to our usernames that shows who IS a paid member. That way no one knows who pays or who doesn't, unless someone publicly declares that they are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #130  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee'sView Post
I took out my calculator and determined that the cost per day to be a member of the SCS Fan Club is just under a whopping 7 cents a day.

Do I get my 7 cents worth each day??

Let's see:
I am daily inspired by the amazing work of the stampers (not only DD members) who post their work to the galleries.
I regularly take part in the daily challenges and upload about 4 cards a week to my gallery without having to wait for moderator approval.
I have developed cyber friendships all over the world with people who share the same interests and passions as I do.
I have sent and received RAKS that have uplifted my spirits and make me feel that they work I do makes a difference to others.
Through my participation on this site, my work has been recognized and I have been invited to spend time as a guest designer for a wonderful stamp company.
I have learned and learned and learned about the art of stamping and my skill level is far beyond where it was when I started here almost 4 years ago.
I have attended 3 SCS Gatherings (and will be attending another on October 4 in Austin, Texas) where I have met and stamped with other talented Splitcoaststampers whom I would never have met had it not been for my participation on this site.

Seems to me that I am getting much more than I pay for!! I will always be a member of the SCS Fan Club and one of its biggest fans until they pry my cold dead fingers from the keyboard!

Just my humble opinion!

I totally Agree with Allee's Comment.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #131  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerri KayView Post
Carole, like Jeanne, you've told my story. Thank you girlfriend!

I read in an earlier comment that a woman said she listens to the radio, but she doesn't have to pay to tune in and she can switch to any channel she wishes by a simple turn of the dial, or nowadays, click of a button. I'd like to just add this: You may not be paying that radio station a fee for the privilege to listen, but you ARE paying to listen to the radio every single time you buy any product that has been advertised, i.e., Tide, Downy, gum, clothing, soap. In fact for any product you've ever purchased you've paid for the radio privilige, as well as TV privileges, and I might add if you read the newspaper, you've paid again as well. Do you really think the .50 or $1 you paid for the paper actually pays the costs of that paper, the editor's salary, the freelance journalists? Nope, you paid much more than that for that paper. Costs for these privileges are added into the products that you purchase each and every day, you just don't see what you're paying for on the price tag. Manufacturers factor in advertising costs in the price of the product. So the next time you pick up a bottle of laundry detergent, or a bottle of shampoo, remember you're paying for the privilege of listening to the radio, watching TV, reading a paper.

I'd like to add one more thing . . . . $2 a month is less than half of one meal at McDonald's . . . how many times a month do any of us pull in a drive thru?
I'm the one who said that about the radio. Maybe I wasn't clear. What I meant was that -- like the radio -- I assumed I was paying for SCS by buying so many of the products that advertise here.

HOWEVER, several folks posted that SCS still needs the revenue from the Fan Club to remain a thriving site so I am rejoining!!
Reply With Quote Likes