Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-23-2015, 08:16 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Considering becoming a consultant...

Am just getting back into stamping after about a 5 year break. I still have many stamps - but my inks and papers are gone and will need to be replaced. I like having the matching colors and like that SU you can get the 8 1/2x11 papers (before I used CTMH but storing all the 12x12 is a pain). So I'm thinking of becoming a consultant for the discount.

For those who are consultants - what is the sales minimum? What is the kit cost and what is included in it? Any restrictions? (Can I just do card classes for example...don't want to do parties per se). I would love to find someone local to talk to that is ACTIVE and has meetings. It'd be a good social outlet for me (as I work from home). Is there a way to find local consultants and do I get any choice in who I sign up under? Or does SU assign it by zipcode?

Thanks,
Jane
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2015, 08:25 AM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,554 Likes on 669 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

For SU, it's $300 per quarter - and that clock starts during your first full quarter. So for example, if you joined in October, your first full quarter would end March 31st, so you'd have that amount of time to meet your minimum.

You can put anything you'd like in there - and have any sort of events. You choose the team to join at SU and I believe also at CTMH and FSJ. I think they are all similar, so find the products and team that work for you.

PS - your blog link is redirecting to an advertising site - you might have a little malware on there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2015, 08:56 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome back, Jane!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2015, 09:05 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Jane! I remember your name. Glad to see you back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2015, 02:13 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Couple quick questions.

1) Is the price normally $99 for the kit for $125 worth of product? Is the only bonus for joining today the additional 15% off stamps?

2) If my total goes over $125 what happens then?

3) Is the $125 at catalog cost?

Just trying to figure out what I'd want for my kit. I'm focusing on papers/inks but think I may get one stamp set (the cute penguin set in the Holiday catalog).

I did find a couple people in Tucson and sent a couple email messages but haven't heard anything back. So I'm not sure I'm going to push it for today. I'd rather wait and find the correct upline - especially if the only difference is the 15% in stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2015, 08:27 PM   #6  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,554 Likes on 669 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by troopersmaView Post
Couple quick questions.

1) Is the price normally $99 for the kit for $125 worth of product? Is the only bonus for joining today the additional 15% off stamps?

2) If my total goes over $125 what happens then?

3) Is the $125 at catalog cost?

Just trying to figure out what I'd want for my kit. I'm focusing on papers/inks but think I may get one stamp set (the cute penguin set in the Holiday catalog).

I did find a couple people in Tucson and sent a couple email messages but haven't heard anything back. So I'm not sure I'm going to push it for today. I'd rather wait and find the correct upline - especially if the only difference is the 15% in stamps.
It will stop you at $125. And the $125 is at catalog cost (except today - you'll get 15% off).

Definitely find the right fit - making hasty crafting decisions is never good - ask me how I know! (or look at my large collection of eyelets)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2015, 10:27 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The right upline person can guide you on where to spend to spend your money wisely. Or when to join for the best sales for the year.

You do get free stamp sets for reaching certain $$, so if you are not gung ho on the stamps (I wasn't - I was after the cards stock and matching inks) then let the upline guide you on your purchases so you get the stamp sets you want as freebees.

Remember you get the ability to order again at 30% off (I did) right after joining. That second order was worth more money than the 'kit' was worth.

15% only paid for my shipping and sales tax. I needed past 15% to make it feel like a sale to me.

Happy shopping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2015, 11:33 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 182 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm pretty sure they no longer give you a 30% discount on your first order after joining. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2015, 01:51 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Pam is correct, the 30% first order discount no longer exists.

I know you said you tried contacting a couple of people and haven't heard back yet. Check to see if they have websites and if any meetings/events are listed on their calendars. That may give you a clue as well.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220View Post
Pam is correct, the 30% first order discount no longer exists..
:shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2015, 07:25 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by troopersmaView Post
Am just getting back into stamping after about a 5 year break. I still have many stamps - but my inks and papers are gone and will need to be replaced. I like having the matching colors and like that SU you can get the 8 1/2x11 papers (before I used CTMH but storing all the 12x12 is a pain). So I'm thinking of becoming a consultant for the discount.

For those who are consultants - what is the sales minimum? What is the kit cost and what is included in it? Any restrictions? (Can I just do card classes for example...don't want to do parties per se). I would love to find someone local to talk to that is ACTIVE and has meetings. It'd be a good social outlet for me (as I work from home). Is there a way to find local consultants and do I get any choice in who I sign up under? Or does SU assign it by zipcode?

Thanks,
Jane
Are you interested in all Stamping Direct Sales Stamping or just SU?
Karen S
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2015, 08:50 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

Karen,

I'm browsing through the Fun Stampers Journey catalog under background stamps, and I don't see any sizes listed for these stamps. Do you know the dimensions on these, or is there someplace I can go to get the dimensions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2015, 09:14 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet1000View Post
Karen,

I'm browsing through the Fun Stampers Journey catalog under background stamps, and I don't see any sizes listed for these stamps. Do you know the dimensions on these, or is there someplace I can go to get the dimensions?
Sizes slightly vary with designs. For example Circle Bliss 4 5/16 x 5 1/2 inches, Newsprint 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, Graduated dots 4 3/16 x 5 7/16.
Sizes are shown in flip thru catalog, however, print is too small to read. Legible with paper catalog
Karen S
Reply With Quote Likes