Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2009, 06:01 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone sell their handmade cards? :(

a neighbor of ours knows i make cards and he asked me if he could buy some. i didn't know what i could charge since i've never sold them. i've only traded in swaps, made them for my kids and their friends, or for friends and family. so, , , i said 5 for $10 but i kinda felt like i cheated myself in a way. then i talked to my husband about and he asked (in his big grown up daddy voice)well, how much did you spend on supplies(i know what you're thinking LOL and ofcourse i didn't answer that) and how much effort and time did you put into them. so i thought about this for a while(days now) and i'm not too sure but i was thinking 5 for $20 and that includes envelopes. but, just wondering what ya'll thought about this. BIG HUGS, mary!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 06:13 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

It all depends on how much work goes into it and what you need to get to be happy.

For me...I can sell the most elaborate card for $5 AFTER it's done and stuck in a box. But if you asked me to make a set of 5...I wouldn't do it for less than $50...LOL

There are some styles I would do sets of for $3 each....and some absolutely not. There are easier ways to make money. If it's for money, I do custom sewing, where I get $25/hr....custom cards get me about $2/hr. LOL But yeah I still do them for special people, just because I love it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 06:19 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 67 Likes on 25 Posts

Generally, where I live, I can sell cards for $3 each. Some are a little more elaborate than others, although I've been keeping more of them flatter for mailing. I feel the price has to be a compromise between what you want to make, and what people are willing to pay for a card. If a card is totally custom, over-the-top embellished and a larger size, I may ask more (up-front).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2009, 06:55 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I sell mine for between $3 and $5 each. The cards I sell I normally try to make them so they will fit into a standard A2 envelope and require no additional postage, so they normally fall into the $3 range. When I get orders people normally say "I need "x" birthday cards, "y" anniversary cards, etc." Then I just make them from there and most are all originals so no one ever gets 2 that are the same.
Reply With Quote Likes