Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-28-2006, 04:38 AM   #41  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default married, no kids

I'm married with no kids and no plans for kids. I often feel as the others do here; stamping/scrapbooking is dominated by people with kids.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 04:52 AM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

Married for almost 5 years but no kids. I started stamping 2 years ago. Want to start scrapping but don't know how and where to start. I want to scrap my pictures when I was a baby and give it to my parents (they live 10000 miles away) when I visit them in Feb 2007. We'll see....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 05:18 AM   #43  
Crimping Master

I am not married and dont have any kids. I mostly make cards and am just getting into scrapbooking for trips - I leave for Mexico in 8 days and the whole time will take pictures just so I can scrap them! ;)

I am a demo and I would say half the ladies in my group are married with kids, the other half are my single or married-but-kidless friends. We are a good mix!

I got my cousin and a lot of my friends hooked on stamping so we have a stamp and cocktail girls night!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 05:45 AM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm engaged with no kiddies...just a hamster! LOL!!

Michellelovesscrap - I say the same thing about being selfish. As soon as Trav proposed we got all the usual questions: Have you set a date? When will you have kids?

I, personally, think its no one's business and on the rude side to ask. But I do say that I want to wait a few years enjoying being young and married. I want to go places, relax, buy and decorate a home, etc. Right now I'm thinking about me and us. I'd rather buy crafting supplies and Coach purses than diapers and formula. I'm sure that'll change at some point and I'll be ready to spend my dough on onsies. I love kids. I'm just not ready to "own" one at this point in my life!

www.kristisetzer.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 09:12 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm single and child-free as well. I'd like to find my "soul mate," but don't see myself having kids. When I think of the responsibility involved with having and raising kids I just want to curl up on the floor of my closet and hibernate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 09:19 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by greetingsbydebra
When I think of the responsibility involved with having and raising kids I just want to curl up on the floor of my closet and hibernate.
LOL Ditto to that! And ditto to the being selfish! I don't like sharing my toys! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 09:22 AM   #47  
Watercolor Wizard

I hate when people see my cards at work and shake their heads and say "You have too much time on your hands....just wait till you have kids." Excuse me...I had 2 jobs (1 now, but still, that's pretty recent), plus do SU, full time student, lived w/my bf now husband, have a dog, have a good social life with friends, and old house constantly needing work, a garden, etc... I'd love if I had uninterrupted time while a kid napped! That never happens for me.

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that.
~Tom Lehrer

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 09:32 AM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

i am kidless.. live with my BF of 5 years.. we dont plan to ever have kids...

i stamp and scrapbook.. i love making mini books of me & friends.. me and bf.... random stuff... everyday life... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 10:09 AM   #49  
Polyshrink Goddess

Married 1995 : $$$$
Started stamping 2002 : $$$$$ (pick a # and just keep adding zeros)
Having time to stamp because we have no children : priceless

I married @ 31, tubal pregnancy @ 32, been "practicing" ever since -- but not happening. We're ok w/that. God has other plans for us than being parents. I have plenty of family : nieces, nephews, friends to scrap and make cards for.

I'd hate to try to raise a child now. Too set in my ways. And it's too crazy of a world...and the cats would be so perturbed.

I haven't started scrapping yet -- have lots of supplies. Right now card making takes up all the time I have.

I work days, DH works nights -- so I have most nights to stamp (if the furbabies let me).

All my friends have kids. And I'm their "aunt". I can play w/them -- and then go home to my stamps. :-)

I have 2 demos, one w/kids, one w/o (so far) (my sister). Works for me.

my gallery
my blog :
What Was I Inkin'?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 10:42 AM   #50  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm not married, but I have 2 kids. I always get the "what the heck is wrong with you" look! Someday, if I find a man who would be good to me and my kids I would get consider getting married. Right now, my kids don't need a "new daddy" to mess them up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 10:46 AM   #51  
Stampin' Fool

I am so over people asking why I am not married...Never in the cards for me. Career came first, saw my Mom get left by a philandering husband at 42 with no real skills outside of the home to support 4 adolesecents. Made a vow that that would never happen to me. Never made the effort to fnd Mr. Right as I have lived in number of places and just never got a groove going. I am so happy about my life choices and yes I am selfish but it is not about only me me me; I am a giving person...I just don't want anybody to control my time or have to "ask permission" to do something or spend a dime on what I want!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 11:24 AM   #52  
Kookie Creator

[...I just don't want anybody to control my time or have to "ask permission" to do something or spend a dime on what I want!!![/QUOTE]

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm single, childless and too independent (or selfish) to share the remote control and my stamps. It's great to be able to get up in the middle of the night if I want to and go down to my craft room with an idea - though it usually doesn't look as good the next morning when I have to clean up

Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 02:39 PM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by denidill
Interesting thread! I'm happily married, am 42 years old and we have no kids. No plans to have any at this point, either! I don't scrap, but love to do cards. I do think this is a hobby dominated by mothers, but there is still a fair number of us childfree/childless stampers (whatever you want to call it). I wish I could find more people my own age without kids that have an interest in stamping. Aside from my demo, my group is older and most with kids (I think...I'm new to the group). But even though I don't have kids, I still find it hard to stamp as much as I want. When you work full time, keep you house relatively clean, etc., not much time left in the day. I admire the mothers on this site who can stamp as much as they do and still keep the family running strong. Kudos to them!
Denise....right there with ya. Married 20 years, 43 years old....and I wish to find more people in our age group, also. I scrapbooked our various caribbean vacations, camping trips, and our very, very, very spoiled dog, and now have moved into making cards. Just love it! I too, wish I had more time in the day to stamp/scrapbook, but being a career women limits my time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 02:44 PM   #54  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Not married and no kids

I'm single with no children. What gets me is why people ask me why I don't have any kids. Hello! Single here!!!! Anyway, to get back at those intrusive people, I now tell them that I was born with both sex organs and can't have kids, and laugh as I watch their faces fall to the floor from embarrassment. You ladies should try that approach sometime. I'm sure people will stop asking why you don't have any kids. LOL!

I am a stamper, not a scrapbooker. I love stamping. I work long hours and I just don't have the time to do as much stamping as I would like.

Will my Single Childless Sisters hold up your Mono Adhesive and repeat after me... "I will scrap and stamp whatever I like, when I like, and don't have to justify it to anyone"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Ha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by plkelley
Me! I like boys, I like kids, but only if they don't live in my house. I think they might mess up my groove.
This is SO how I feel!!!!!! I am 47 and have never been married. Now I am so set in my ways that if I ever did find someone I wanted to live with, they woud have to live next door! I need my space and my alone time! I am ver happy with my life and every day that goes by someone reminds me how lucky I am!

Karen in MA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 05:03 PM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michellelovesscrap
I love the "Dh is not allowed 100 yards" comment!
I tell people the truth...I'm just too selfish to be a parent. I do not want to spend my Saturday mornings at a hockey rink, or soccor field. i do not want to spend my hard-earned money on braces. I like staying up late and sleeping in. I like eating cheetos for supper. I do not want to share my toys.
I teach pre-school, so I get my fix of children from 7:30-5:30 Monday to Friday. I love kids, I love teaching. I also love my nights and weekends to myself!

SNORT - ROFLOL!!!! Pretty much sums up what my thought process was for many years. After law school I wanted some time for us together and to enjoy finally having enough money to pay my bills and buy a toy or two for myself. Now here we are and we've been bitten by the baby bug. I blame my brother and his two great kids! Although I admit I'm not looking forward to sharing my basement stamping room! We just got it finished and I set up my table this summer. Oh well! I'm 39 and I'll have to learn to share --a little.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 05:23 PM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberDawn
I'm married, but no human kids! Only furr-kids:mrgreen: DH is an avid golfer, so when he golfs, I scramp! And when he's home, I scramp:mrgreen: I'm lucky to have a guy who loves that I love my hobby, he never complains and often compliments my work! Gotta love it
Are we married to the same man???:p Sounds like my life.

I am 40, married 8 years, no kids by choice. Hubby is avid golfer, I spend my spare time in my craft room. I have lots of friends with children I can spoil and spend time with also have 5 neices/nephews to get my child fix as well. Love being around them all, always have a great time but also glad we made the choice to live child free.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I love the "Dh is not allowed 100 yards" comment!
I tell people the truth...I'm just too selfish to be a parent. I do not want to spend my Saturday mornings at a hockey rink, or soccor field. i do not want to spend my hard-earned money on braces. I like staying up late and sleeping in. I like eating cheetos for supper. I do not want to share my toys.
I teach pre-school, so I get my fix of children from 7:30-5:30 Monday to Friday. I love kids, I love teaching. I also love my nights and weekends to myself!
I applaud the parents who selflessly take their kids to sports events on the weekends, stay up all night with their sick kids, sit through 2 hours of barney on ice. Some people are meant to be parents. Some (like me) are meant to teach other people's children!
Michelle - you rock! I love a tell it like it is gal!

I often get the quizical looks when I say we have don't have children. I think that I am going to memorize your above statement for future inquiries!

I often wish I had the nerve to reply "Why did you make the choice to have children" when I am asked why we don't have any. The nerve of some people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 06:06 PM   #59  
Cardstock Collector

I have been married for 1.5 years. Love my Husband and our animals and stamping of course. We want children and have been trying for awhile but I have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Just like all the other women in my Mom's side of the family. Going through fertility treatments that are not working and all of the other things that come along with the disease is so tough and getting through the Holidays was even tougher. I am really lucky though, I joined a different stampin' group with some ladies that already have older kids and am finding it much easier than my previous group which was all young Mum's. You see I'm 22 years old and most people can't believe that I'm married, want to have babies, or that I stamp. But, I guess if the spare bedroom in our new house can't be a nursery it will make an excellent craft room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 06:08 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, I agree.

Rude Person: Why don't you have any children? You'd make wonderful parents!

Me: Well, honestly, look what it did to you....

:twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #61  
Crimping Master

Smile

great thread idea!! i am married, but no kids and no plans to have them, EVER. just not interested in the idea and frankly, when you are a mom, you are never off. i was a nanny for two families for a couple years each and i got my fix. my dh and i have 4 nieces and 4 nephews, nice and balanced. they keep us busy. i like being able to call my dh at 4 on a friday and tell him to meet me at the airport, we are taking a trip. with kids, you can't do things like this (well not very easily anyway). i scrap/stamp family events, seasons, things we do and am currently working on an "all about me" album. i also have an anniversary album. every year on our anniversary, I do a spread of what we did, where we went, what we ate, the cards we gave each other, etc.... and then in 20 years, we can look back at what we did. i still haven't finished (who am i kidding, or started LOL) my wedding album, but my BFF is coming to visit next month and i think that is our game plan, to start the wedding album. great topic!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #62  
Embossing Fanatic

I wish I could think of some good comeback for those people who say "You're how old and you've never been married!" or they'll say "So when are you getting married?" Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 07:19 PM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmpianoplayr
I wish I could think of some good comeback for those people who say "You're how old and you've never been married!" or they'll say "So when are you getting married?" Any suggestions?
Right after you get a personality transplant?

or

I dunno -- my lover hasn't filed for divorce yet. Sometime after that becomes final I imagine.

or even better

I dunno -- your husband hasn't filed for divorce yet.

or

I AM married. Haven't you met my husband yet? (then introduce them to your imaginary husband... then promptly get into an argument with him, scream, "THAT'S IT! I'm filing for divorce!" Then run away crying.)

;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #64  
Die Cut Diva

I'm single (actually divorced 12 years), 52 and retired from my primary career, working as an editor/website manager part-time at home. I love being single and living alone with my two dogs. People never quite understood the not wanting kids thing, but that was my choice. Definitely no regrets and I have lots of nieces and nephews now with small kids if I need a "family" fix.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2006, 07:51 PM   #65  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad
Not married, and no kids. I have a career plan that has put most of that on hold, as I am getting ready to join the military. I do love my crafts though!
Good luck with your military career. That's a very brave thing to do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 08:39 AM   #66  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Hand up over here!
I too, am fed up of people with the "when are you going to get married & have kids?" Two of my younger brothers have gotten married in the past 18 months and one brother & his wife had a boy this summer and my sister had a girl. That, of course, prompts everyone we meet to ask older sister/auntie those rude questions. My standard reply has become "When I find some guy crazy enough to put up with me for the rest of his life!"
I love stamping and am starting to get some friends/colleagues hooked too. My mom is a demo and I often do samples for her, esp. sets I buy that she doesn't have. As for scrapbooking, I've started a book about myself, from infant on. I'm still only about at age 10 so have a long way to go. When that's done - who knows!?! (my niece & nephew maybe)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 08:56 AM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am married (2 yrs) no kids and no plans for any. I feel like many of you that I like my space and doing my own thing. All our friends are PG or just had babies, I get my fix in about an hour and head home. I admit to being selfish and have no shame! I love the comeback comments, they are great! I don't know why people feel the need to intrude themselves, the world will not come to an end if I don't reproduce, trust me!

I have been a stamper for 11 years, but recently started to attempt to scrapbook. I started with the dog. Hopefully I get working on our recent trip to Kauai.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 09:53 AM   #68  
Crimping Master

I love this thread! I am 40 and a few months shy from my 2nd anniversary. I don't have anything against kids, but I never had a drive for my own. Now there is "no womb at the inn" and there is no room for changing my mind (unless we adopted, and we don't have a strong enough urge to jump through those hoops).

My stamping group is a great group of women, but I am the only one who is not a mom, or not pregnant. It can be a little isolating when they are always talking about their kids and showing off their pictures of their kids. One woman who is pregnant right now made the comment that "there's nothing to take a photo of right now ... its just me and the cat at home". I laughed, because that's us all the time! People seem to have the impression that there is nothing worth scrapping about other than kids. I gave my parents a scrapbook for christmas and it was filled with places my husband and I went, and things we did. Its not like we did anything exotic, but they loved it. I could have filled a lot more pages.

I don't think I'm rolling in time because I don't have kids. I have an exhausting work schedule that many of them don't have. Its all about choices and trade-off's. The bit of time I do have is more my own and I can indulge myself in a way that they can't. That being said, there is a whole aspect of life that they are able to experience that I can't. Sometimes its hard for people to see struggles beyond their own, and to see the value of a life that has a different path.

The looks do bug me though. When people find out I've had a hysterectomy, they look all horrified and apologetic. It just draws more attention to it. I don't go out out of my way to make people feel like idiots, but they seem to stumble into it themselves. I'm at peace with my choices and happy with my life.

"Creativity is a continual surprise" (Ray Bradbury)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 10:30 AM   #69  
Rubber Obsessor

Proud parent of two Jack Russell Terriers! Single but looking. I just decided Tuesday when I was dreading returning to work, that I needed to find a rich husband who would let me be a stay at home, Stampin' Up mom...who supports my dream?! Anyone got any brothers/uncles/friends out there they want to pass off?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 10:36 AM   #70  
Kookie Creator

I'm separated and have 2 kids - boys aged 6 and 8. Do not ever want to get married again...too burned to even think about it. I stayed for far too long and am still getting aggro from the not so DH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 10:53 AM   #71  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinMelis
Yes, I agree.

Rude Person: Why don't you have any children? You'd make wonderful parents!

Me: Well, honestly, look what it did to you....

:twisted:
SNORT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 10:56 AM   #72  
Matboard Maniac

If I had a dime for everytime someone asks "So when are you getting married"
I've lived in sin with my BF/finance'(I do have a ring) for the last 14 years. We talk about it ect. just hasn't happened. We've been together for 18 yrs and i'm 34.(yes that means I was just 16 when we got together). As far as Kids, no way. Matter of fact we have been talking about one of us getting a procedure to prevent that from happening. I keep waiting to be sure the baby bug doesn't bite but at this point I think 35 is the cut off for more perm. fix. ( bad Pun) ;) Besides we each have our own extra bedroom and my stamp room is closest to our bedroom and I wouldn't want to give it up! (and its the largest)

I've been stamping for about 4.5 yrs and love it. I plan to become a SU demo in Jan. to get the free stamp set.

Happy Stampin'

Tina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 10:58 AM   #73  
Die Cut Diva

Melissa, you crack me up! I'm going to Denver next convention just so I can meet YOU! LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinMelis
Right after you get a personality transplant?

or

I dunno -- my lover hasn't filed for divorce yet. Sometime after that becomes final I imagine.

or even better

I dunno -- your husband hasn't filed for divorce yet.

or

I AM married. Haven't you met my husband yet? (then introduce them to your imaginary husband... then promptly get into an argument with him, scream, "THAT'S IT! I'm filing for divorce!" Then run away crying.)

;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 11:04 AM   #74  
Die Cut Diva

This is my DH's standard comment for: "why don't you have kids?"
"Well, we had one, but the cats were allergic, so we had to get rid of him."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Melissa, you crack me up! I'm going to Denver next convention just so I can meet YOU! LOL!
:mrgreen:

Looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 11:43 AM   #76  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Married No Children.
Just one 4-legged Fuzzy child. Sargent Pepper our Black cat.

Carol Lee.....I didnt get married until I was 46....It was my First Marriage too...Dh was 50 when we got married.

He always told everyone that he had to wait till he was old enough to married (50 should be old enough....hehehe!!)

I too love stamping and getting together with Friends to stamps and chatt about stamping.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 12:10 PM   #77  
Kookie Creator

Hi!
I am 41 years old and unmarried. My kid is in my avatar. Isn't he cute!? I love my Sheltie and want another one. I usually get a funny look when I tell people I live with my parents but they need me there so I don't care. I love to stamp whenever I can. I don't always have a reason to make a card other than I got an idea for one (whether or not it is a good one is another story.) When I need a human kid fix I borrow my best friend's daughter. It used to be my cousin's girls but they are grown now and don't come over as much but they are still the best!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 12:55 PM   #78  
Kookie Creator

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamperjules
not married and no kids on this end! And still, STILL I don't have time to stamp as much as I want *LOL* There's something terribly unfair about that, but whatever.

I know about the whole "what's-wrong-with-you-since-you-aren't-married" thing. My mom found a shirt that sums it up perfectly: It's better to have loved and lost then to have lived with the psycho for the rest of your life

Stamp on single (and also you married) gals!!
Dudette!! That is the BEST quote!! I recently got married at 49!! No kids, but I gotta a TON of furbabies.....nine cats(only three in the house!)three dogs, two horses and about 20 or so chickens....plus work more than full time for a busy orthopaedic surgeon, help take care of our six acres(we are currently building a pond and I OPERATED the back hoe and the excavator and the skidster....should have seen my husband trying to explain how to do that!! was hilarious since I have never operated any heavy machinery before, but it was COOL! I didn't know that a skidster could buck!!) I don't scrap yet, but want to learn. I stamp as much as possible!! Couldn't marry anybody who would interfere with my horses, cats, dogs and stamps....uh, also about 10000000 books, and I don't cook but oh well, if he was looking for Betty Crocker, he would have kept on looking!! AND the best part is he is 9 years younger than me!!

Pamm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 01:29 PM   #79  
Die Cut Diva

Location: In a hostile frozen wasteland...waiting for spring!

Love your dog My parents have a female sheltie named Nina. Before that we had a male named Mike. Yeah we are sheltie crazy in our family

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koda's Mom
Hi!
I am 41 years old and unmarried. My kid is in my avatar. Isn't he cute!? I love my Sheltie and want another one. I usually get a funny look when I tell people I live with my parents but they need me there so I don't care. I love to stamp whenever I can. I don't always have a reason to make a card other than I got an idea for one (whether or not it is a good one is another story.) When I need a human kid fix I borrow my best friend's daughter. It used to be my cousin's girls but they are grown now and don't come over as much but they are still the best!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2006, 01:47 PM   #80  
Matboard Maniac

Default single - married

I'm twice married, twice divorced, raised 3 children pretty much by myself. Love those cheeto dinners, too <G> Like to sleep in the middle of the bed, toilet seat is always where it is supposed to be, and I come and go as I please. Not a bad life at all. Money to vacation, buy pretty much what I want and own my own home.....so as the sign on my 'frig says "any women who is looking for a husband apparantly has not had one."
Did I mention I can stamp and scrap anytime I want and for as long as I want?

daisy
Reply With Quote Likes