Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-09-2004, 03:09 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another craft fair question

I am thinking about participating in a school craft fair at my son's school. What do I have to know about state taxes? Do I need to have some sort of certificate? Tax ID number?

I only plan on participating in this one craft fair, and not do this thing on a regular basis.

Any advise?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2004, 03:49 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

I am sure each state is different. But generally speaking, I don't think they want to do the paperwork for a one time thing. If you were going into business to do this, then yes you would need to file for a sales license. The license is to collect and remit sales tax. In terms of income, you just add it to your gross income. You can always do a quick check to the state website, secretary of state, to find particulars.

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2004, 04:29 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Default Taxes for craft fair

I am also going to sell my crafts one time this year in one of our local elementary schools. You are suppose to have a Tax ID number but the lady that is in charge told me not to worry about it as I'm only doing it this one time and the three yrs. she has been in charge of this no one has bothered about checking. She told me half the crafters have one and half don't. My husband said if I had to go to all that trouble for doing this one time it wouldn't be worth it. You're considered a business when you do that. Carol
Reply With Quote Likes