Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-06-2017, 06:26 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All the Foiling Machines

Oh my, now that I've invested so much money into Deco Foils, laminating machines, two sizes of Minc machines, and a laser printer,they come out with yet another tool that looks like it does a much better job foiling than everything I have.

Have you seen all the raves on Youtube about the Couture Creations GoPress
and Foil machine? It seems to do so much more than our foiling machines. I'm intrigued, but this time I'll be more cautious and not run right out and buy one right away. The big drawback is that I will never be able to use up the many, many, many rolls of DecoFoil. The GoPress, from what I can see, cannot transfer DecoFoil. The big attraction of this machine for me is that I can use my many dies to heat transfer the GoPress foils, and letterpress, dies and embossing folders with this machine. All this without a laminating machines and laser printers.

Does anyone have this machine yet?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2017, 04:59 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought one when it was on HSN but I returned it. It would not foil evenly. I really wanted it to work with my embossing folders but I could not get it to work. In order to get the middle of the folder to foil I had to add shims, but this would create too much pressure for the outside and the foiling looked terrible. I tried it in a big shot pro and a big shot and neither worked. The same thing happened with the larger dies included with the machine (Anna Griffin dies). The smaller 'Best Wishes' die foiled beautifully, but the larger rose and frame dies had spots that just wouldn't foil.

I hope they work out some of the issues with the machine. I think it's a great idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2017, 07:49 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 215 Likes on 193 Posts

just found this link.....
Thought some may be interested if they didn't want to buy a machine?
Six Ways to Add Foil to Your Crafting Projects Without a Machine - Craft Test Dummies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2017, 08:07 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have argued with myself over getting a foiling machine. I saw a Todo on Create and Craft TV (website too) and it looks good. BUT do any of them work well? The Todo will cut dies and foil as well as embossing folders (I think). I want to expand the use of my dies and foiling seems to be the answer. Thank you Khogan for your review.
Reply With Quote Likes