Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #201  
Die Cut Diva

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelina0783View Post
I made a diaper cake for a friends baby shower. How much would you all allot for that? I am not sure. Am planning on making at least one more for my cousin's baby shower. Plus my cousin wants me to do her invites.
I think I would just tally up the cost and time and allot for that much. I haven't made one so I'm not sure what it takes. Invites I would do a $1.00 per invite.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #202  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexandria21View Post
So far I'm doing really well! I had a lady that wanted to order some retiring accessories, so I put in a little order for myself and didn't go over my allotted money! And I even counted it full price. If I had taken off my discount and what I earned from her order, I really only spent $9!! But I will save that money for business supplies when I need to order them.
Way to go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #203  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by skoopView Post
I think I'll jump in, too. I am kinda new...I started reading the forum last summer and probably posted a few times, but haven't been back since. I want to be more organized and will check out some of the challenges, especially the Christmas Card one. I'm not ready to give up Christmas yet!

I'm already in the red for this...but I NEEDED that ATG gun!
Glad you jumped in and you will make up for the ATG gun in no time. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #204  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryAnnKView Post
IMO - I think you're right to start out slowly and build up to more. DH and I go to the gym 2 - 3 times a week. I do 30 - 40 minutes on the treadmill and then some weights. When we started in May I only did about 20 on the treadmill. Over time, I've increased the time to 30, increased my speed and have now added incline. I try to keep the treadmill between 30 - 40 minutes so that I have time for the weights. I want to keep my workouts to around 1 hr total.
I agree start out slowly then build up. Any excercise at all is great though. Keep up the good work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #205  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you ladies! Personally I though I was going about it right. I did not want to over do it and cause me to stop all togeher. I really want and need to stick to exercising. And I do want to start exercising for longer periods at a time. I also plan on starting to walk starting tomorrow. We have a river walk along the river here with mile markers for the walkers. Of course I will start out on shorter distances and work my way up there also. I really want to thank you ladies for giving me the couragement needed. Now to start more scrapping and stamping!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #206  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangegymnutView Post
Yes, It's been a year. Honestly Jan 4th, 2007 feels like yesterday. I really don't know where the time inbetween has gone! Thank-you...I know 2009 is going to be a fabulous year. Hubby and I will be grandparents next month!

Lol...I think hubby was confused that I came out empty handed. I usually find something. I think he was thinking...she came to the car bagless, really?
Congratulations!!! We became first-timers Thanksgiving '07. I was at the delivery and then hadn't seen her till this past Nov. We're 500 miles away.
:-( You're gonna love bein' a grandma!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #207  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by skoopView Post
I think I'll jump in, too. I am kinda new...I started reading the forum last summer and probably posted a few times, but haven't been back since. I want to be more organized and will check out some of the challenges, especially the Christmas Card one. I'm not ready to give up Christmas yet!

I'm already in the red for this...but I NEEDED that ATG gun!
Hey Susan! You're gonna love it here. And now you've got that snazzy new gun, you can stick stuff together in record time.

I completed 23 New Years cards today (over a 4 day period). Sat. I'll get Jan. BD/Ann cards done before it becomes 2010 .:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #208  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinmy3girlsView Post
Well I guess it was another good day. I didn't spend any money, but then again I didn't scrap or stamp but I did manage to exercise some more. Cleaning out my studio and re-arranging everything in there has taken longer than I expected. I figured I could do it all in a day, what was I thinking!lol I have been working on it for 5 days now and I am almost done but at least everything will be in its own place and everything will be organized so that I can scrap/stamp with ease without digging all over the room.
Honey if it only took you 5 days to organize EVERYTHING you're doing AWESOME! It too me 6 days just to sort and organize my paper! LOL But, like you, I now know what I have... Lots of Christmas hehe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #209  
Matboard Maniac

I've made three cards and one 8x8 layout...that's not going to go far toward the $135 I spent at the Going Out of Business Sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #210  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I have a question for you ladies that exercise. How many times a day do you exercise? And for how long each time? I am over weight and have not exercised in a while and have a busy schedule. I just started exercising yesterday and I worked out for 10 minutes, then today I exercised for 15 minutes which felt like much longer both times. Should I have exercised longer or am I right by starting out slow and gradually working my way up? I figured after the first week then I would start exercising 2 times a week for 30 minutes each. Does this sound ok? Just looking for some input!
I think it's wise to start out slow - but it's the quality of the workout, not necessarily the amount of time you spend. I either do DVD's at home or end up at the gym. I have several DVD's that I do at home (not all at once - LOL) One a Boot Camp DVD and is 20 minutes cardio, 20 minutes weights and 10 mins strength. The other is Gillian Michaels (from the Biggest Loser), and the workout is 20 minutes. BOTH are tough. If it's a gym day I'll be there for at least an hour (about 25 mins weights and 30-45 minutes on cardio). Good luck!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #211  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

I have a question for you ladies that exercise. How many times a day do you exercise? And for how long each time? I am over weight and have not exercised in a while and have a busy schedule. I just started exercising yesterday and I worked out for 10 minutes, then today I exercised for 15 minutes which felt like much longer both times. Should I have exercised longer or am I right by starting out slow and gradually working my way up? I figured after the first week then I would start exercising 2 times a week for 30 minutes each. Does this sound ok? Just looking for some input!
First I want to say that's awesome that you started exercising! Second, I'm just curious to what you mean by "working out" and what you're planning to increase to "2 times a week for 30 minutes each"? because in a later post you mentioned you wanted to start walking tomorrow. IMO you'd want to start out slow for your walking and increase the distance or amount of time (doesn't have to be much) each time you walk. Be sure to change your route in 6 weeks to something with hills or stop and do some lunges, change it up a bit because your body will get use to what you are doing. As for the "working out" it really depends on what you're doing IMO. Of course any kind of movement is good for the body and great for the soul, but you don't want to go into the gym and say one day just do 10 minutes of lifting weights on your arms 1 day a week and the next time 10 minutes of lifting weights for your legs, KWIM. If you're there doing the bike, elliptical, stair climber, rower I think it would make a better difference. To tone the body you need to have more time and frequency there. Also, if you can possibly do your walk/work out done first thing in the morning, the better, you'll burn more calories the rest of the day. And, the more you do it the more it becomes a part of your daily routine and doesn't feel like a chore. You are headed in the right direction though and the toughest part is starting! So, good job...keep it up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #212  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Congratulations!!! We became first-timers Thanksgiving '07. I was at the delivery and then hadn't seen her till this past Nov. We're 500 miles away.
:-( You're gonna love bein' a grandma!
Thank-you, Congratulations to you as well! I wish I was going to be at the delivery! We just moved to Tucson. My daughter stayed behind in Idaho. It's 1,075 miles away:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 05:05 AM   #213  
Glitter Queen

have any of you read Bridget Jone's Diary? I chuckle every time I think of keeping track of my spending. Over the course of the book, and movie, things get more and more out of control and she depresses herself, counting the endless bottles of liquor/ciggies/lbs gained. If I did that, I would probably paralyze my creativity, because I am SURE I am spending more than I am making. lolol

Quote:

Originally Posted by CareBear5View Post
Here's how it works:

For every fifteen cards you complete, allot yourself $20 to spend on supplies. That way you're using your stash but able to shop as you go! (Adhesive is NOT included - you can buy those whenever you need to do so)

If you're a scrapbooker, every five layouts would be $20. If you're big on altering, every ten altered items would be $20.

Put it on your profile and keep it updated on how many you've done and how much you've spent. For instance:

Layouts: 17
Cards: 18
Allotted: $80.00
Spent: $45.00

You can change the amounts as needed for your own budget.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 06:33 AM   #214  
Embossing Fanatic

Okay we are keping up with what we make to see how much we spend, correct? If I sell some of my supplies I already have and then spend that money on more supplies do I need to count that in my spending?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 06:36 AM   #215  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Okay we are keping up with what we make to see how much we spend, correct? If I sell some of my supplies I already have and then spend that money on more supplies do I need to count that in my spending?
Good question. I would add it to my what I made total to show funds in, but that is the accountant in me. I like everthing showing as a credit (funds in) and then the debit (funds out). :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 07:35 AM   #216  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by EadainView Post
have any of you read Bridget Jone's Diary? I chuckle every time I think of keeping track of my spending. Over the course of the book, and movie, things get more and more out of control and she depresses herself, counting the endless bottles of liquor/ciggies/lbs gained. If I did that, I would probably paralyze my creativity, because I am SURE I am spending more than I am making. lolol
LOL - I love that analogy!! I really loved both the books and the movie.
I can hear Renee Z's british accent ... January 9th - Layouts - 0, cards - 0. Need to make more layouts. And cards. But first I should stop at the store and look through the new paper just in case there something I need. January 10th - Layouts - 0, cards - 0.No layouts or cards done yesterday. Need to focus on completing some after I clean scraproom ....

LOL - thanks for the giggle!!

Actually I find it more inspiring to keep track. I've been looking at my totals all week (as I haven't had time this week to scrap) and I can't WAIT until dh and ds are in bed. Then mom's playtime can start. I'm thinking it's going to be a VERY late night ;) I'm pretty sure the pictures I'm going to use, the paper, I have some idea about the sketches ... OOOHHH!! I can't wait!! Only 10 more hours to go
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 07:43 AM   #217  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris74View Post
I can hear Renee Z's british accent ... January 9th - Layouts - 0, cards - 0. Need to make more layouts. And cards. But first I should stop at the store and look through the new paper just in case there something I need. January 10th - Layouts - 0, cards - 0.No layouts or cards done yesterday. Need to focus on completing some after I clean scraproom ....

Actually I find it more inspiring to keep track. I've been looking at my totals all week (as I haven't had time this week to scrap) and I can't WAIT until dh and ds are in bed. Then mom's playtime can start. I'm thinking it's going to be a VERY late night ;) I'm pretty sure the pictures I'm going to use, the paper, I have some idea about the sketches ... OOOHHH!! I can't wait!! Only 10 more hours to go
LOL! Love your Renee Z's imitation...

I understand how you are feel. I have a swap to do this week that I am making three different styles of cards for a total of 18 and I can hardly wait to get them done so I can add them to my total... I have been sketching them in my mind all week and I hope they turn out, but most important I get to play tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 07:47 AM   #218  
Kookie Creator

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I'd love to join this challenge - since one of my New Year's resolutions was to try to control my spending! I'm going to add exercise ($2 if I meet my weekly goal) and pounds lost ($2 per pound) to my list as exercising more and losing weight is another one of my goals!
Buying more craft supplies might just be the motivation I need to get off my duff and start getting into shape!!

Thanks for the inspiration ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #219  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by neptunemView Post
I'd love to join this challenge - since one of my New Year's resolutions was to try to control my spending! I'm going to add exercise ($2 if I meet my weekly goal) and pounds lost ($2 per pound) to my list as exercising more and losing weight is another one of my goals!
Buying more craft supplies might just be the motivation I need to get off my duff and start getting into shape!!

Thanks for the inspiration ladies!
Welcome aboard!! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #220  
Matboard Maniac

Default I'm In

Hi Gals!
This is a cool idea! I'm going to join in, but I'm going to start as of today... I've been bad these past few weeks, but i got a cricut create for christmas, and carts were on sale! and I absolutely needed the scor-pal i got yesterday!! (oops.... I'd already be in the red!)

Anyways, I'm going to start today, and these are my numbers:

Cards - $1
L/O - $5
Altered Items/Gifts - $5

I also go to Curves three times a week, and on the non-curves days, I use my Wii Fit to do step aerobics, and/or Yoga, so:

Curves - $10 per visit
Wii Fit - $0.25 per minute (works out to be $7.50 per half hour)

Thanks also to the member who shared her spreadsheet! I'm all about spreadsheets and stuff, so this is awesome! I'll try and keep track as best as I can!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 08:50 AM   #221  
Matboard Maniac

ETA: Spoke to DF (Darling Fiancee) and was asked to reduce my 'income' per say. Curves will now be $5 per session instead of $10... That's ok though, that's still $15 per week!

PS How do you edit posts? I couldn't find the button!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #222  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Quote:

Last year I had a separate category for 'Items Sold' that listed the amount which I then deducted from the overall running total. So, if I was in the red, it would decrease the amount and if I was in the black, it would add credit, just like making cards.

Way to go with the decluttering/making money! I need to do the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #223  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangegymnutView Post
I'm trying...I know it'll seriously be put to the test on Saturday! I haven't been to a Hobby Lobby since oh...2000? I hear they have copics and I'm just starting to get the hang of them...that could mean trouble for the check book!

How are you doing? I think of you everytime I'm in your area (I see you have a secret sister so I won't say where "that" is)...
Thanks for asking, I'm doing fine! The secret sister swap has actually ended and I forgot to update my location but thanks for the reminder. I think about your mom and I hope she is doing well too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #224  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalia DisaView Post
PS How do you edit posts? I couldn't find the button!
If you are logged on, there should be an 'edit' button in the bottom right corner of your post. You can only edit your own posts, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #225  
Die Cut Diva

Jessica, Silly questions but what are Lipizzaners?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #226  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I'd keep it separate - as in it doesn't count in either column ;) I think of it like a gift card to M's or HL or LSS etc. It's not like you CAN spend it anywhere else. And of course you *could* spend it on adhesive .... but really, what's the fun in that?? :twisted:

For example, I participate in a garage sale at my LSS twice a year where I end up with a GC for the total amount that sold. Even though I AM using the GC to increase my stash, it isn't like I'm spending my own money to do so. KWIM??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #227  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbyjoView Post
Jessica, Silly questions but what are Lipizzaners?
It's not too obvious from my avatar, is it? The Lipizzaners are those white Spanish horses that 'dance'. Oldest DD was feeling a bit left out because my previous avatar was with youngest DD, so I had to scramble to find a photo of us that I could tolerate myself in :rolleyes: .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #228  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlazarskiView Post
It's not too obvious from my avatar, is it? The Lipizzaners are those white Spanish horses that 'dance'. Oldest DD was feeling a bit left out because my previous avatar was with youngest DD, so I had to scramble to find a photo of us that I could tolerate myself in :rolleyes: .
Thanks!
The things we do to keep our children happy! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 09:15 AM   #229  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsclark2001View Post
Thanks for asking, I'm doing fine! The secret sister swap has actually ended and I forgot to update my location but thanks for the reminder. I think about your mom and I hope she is doing well too!
So glad you're doing well. Hubby and I have been to SD 3 times since moving to AZ, his mom lives up the hill from the stadium. I wouldn't know about my mom, we don't talk anymore:confused: Ah well...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #230  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: In a van down by the river..the Minnesota river in Le Sueur, MN

I would like to do this too! I dont spend very much in a month and I make tons of cards! this seems like a great way to track your spending! I will follow everyone else's lead. $1-card, $5 LO, $5 a altered item. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 10:14 AM   #231  
Glitter Guru

Do you count tools in your spending? I just ordered the SU scallop edge punch (along with some paper) and was wondering if I included it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #232  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm totally in on this. It'll make the spousal unit happy and maybe I'll be a little more accountable to myself. Unfortunately, I'm already in the hole. Wonder how quickly I can get myself out of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #233  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm in! $1 per card, $5 lo, $5 altered item!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #234  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post
Do you count tools in your spending? I just ordered the SU scallop edge punch (along with some paper) and was wondering if I included it.
Yes, I would count tools as part of stash spending. However, I am a total tool junkie and always *need* the latest thing ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #235  
Die Cut Diva

Did I mention how much I love ribbon? Just spent $10.00 new stuff. Good thing I am making cards this weekend.

It is great to see more people joining!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #236  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris74View Post

that's exactly how it would go down. lolol. i'm glad you liked it. i can't tell you how often my mind works that way. i go upstairs to finish one last thing on the computer (like a text box) and end up on the message boards, or organizing my photos, then i come downstairs and remember what i was supposed to be doing to begin with. lolol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #237  
Gallery Gazer

Today was a good day - 3 cards and 45 minutes on the treadmill. More money to spend. Yippee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #238  
Die Cut Diva

Way to go!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #239  
Crimping Master

YEAH! It is the weekend and maybe I will have time to get into my craft room.

They are talking about snow, sleet, freezing rain and ice here tomorrow so I may be able to keep up on the no spending but getting projects done. We will see - I am supposed to go to my Second Saturday quilt "class" tomorrow but if we get what we are supposed to then that will be a now go.

Hope everyone has had a good week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2009, 02:37 AM   #240  
Rubber Obsessor

I made more pages last night And did my DVD. I'm almost a quarter of the way throught my spending ;) I haven't uploaded anything, but I will at some point this weekend. Hope it's a scrapy weekend fior y'all ;)
Reply With Quote Likes