Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Polyshrink Goddess

Default scrapping someone who has passed away???

my gd was in a class play and one of the kids committed suicide....I'm doing a scrapbook for her for her play and have NOT idea on how to do this...she wants the pictures I have of him.......

I don't know where to begin????...I did think I would have a section for her to write her thoughts about him and such.....otherwise maybe just put his name?...

thanks for any help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Die Cut Diva

maybe you can talk to her about what she wants out of the page or get her to help with it. it may be cathartic for her to scrap and talk about him as you work on it together, and then she's had a part in the design too.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
Matboard Maniac

You should definitely include his name and pics of his role in the play! This honors his life and his friendships too. Please let your gd help you with the scrapbook, esp. the pages that have his photos and show her how to do hidden journaling also since she might want to write some of her private feelings about this very sad event. Sending ((hugs)) to both of you!

I joined the Fan Club to get Dirty!

challenging myself to make 100 in 100
Old 10-25-2012, 02:50 AM   #4
Glitter Guru

Do you have a photo of him alone? Either a yearbook-type photo or something from the play? You could just write his name and birth/death dates and "In memory of" and let your gd do the rest of the page.
Mary Beth
Old 10-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
Polyshrink Goddess

thank you everyone.....she lives about 2 hrs away so I don't get to craft with her much....but will do some hidden journaling spots for her own private thoughts.....
Old 12-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #6
Crimping Master

I was asked to do an album for a family after their son had committed suicide, he was a dear friend to my son. I agreed because I knew the family for years, but it was horribly emotional for me, under the same circumstances, I don't think I would be able to do that again. I only had less than a week to put it together, so I worked on it morning, noon and night to get it finished and I as I mourned his loss myself, it made it almost unhealthy for me in a sence. They truly appreciated the album, I have no regrets of that, it was just so emotional.

My daughter also had a dear friend pass away right as she went off to college, she had been the Salutatorian of her class and it was also horribly tragic. Since her passing I have done several layouts with her in them and focused on the fact that she is no longer with us...before finalizing it, I showed my DD what I was going to do, wanting her approval. I really like your idea of the hidden journal spots, that's great.

One of my best friends from High School passed away last year, and I would really like to do an album dedicated to him, it's difficult so I haven't started it yet, but I would really like to have it finished before our next class reunion. We had walked for our Kindergarten/8th Grade/Senior Graduations, we went to our Freshman and Junior Prom together and countless memories inbetween. I will keep my eye out for some postings here for ideas. Thanks for letting me walk down memory lane for a moment.

Such a hard subject, but your final project will be so appreciated. Blessings!!