Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2013, 04:24 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Life 2014

Who is staring a new project Life tomorrow?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

Me - my first one ever. Apart from the divided page protectors I do not have any specific PL products (yet), but lots of paper scraps hidden in the drawer for way too long. So my PL start was to cut 4 x 6 and 3 x 4 cards out of them, and I took some photos for the first pages at yesterday's New Year's party at the neighbours'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

I've been a traditional scrapbooker for about 14 years, but haven't scrapbooked in about 4 years due to life's busyness. A friend bought me a Simple Stories (by Snap) album for Christmas, so I'm looking forward getting started on it. I'm not doing a daily journal style scrapbook, but more of an events style, but using the pocket pages. This is a very new concept for me, and I'm trying not to overthink it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2014, 01:40 PM   #4  
Inking Addict

I am!! For the year and for my daughter. I think I bought everything they make and got tons of free printables!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #5  
Inking Addict

I have spent two days now making a few 3 x 4 cards and embellishments - probably only enough for the first two spreads. But at least my box of very small scraps can be closed again. Ok, there is not much room left in my die cut mini drawers, but it's a weekend and more handmade embellishments for PL will follow.

I am still struggling a bit with the photos and will definitely not have enough for one spread a week, at least not until there is some daylight left when I come back from work. So it looks like I will take a monthly approach with however many spreads I need.

There is also a long forgotten treasure in my drawer - a Slice machine and the design cards have a lot of suitable words.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMajaView Post
I have spent two days now making a few 3 x 4 cards and embellishments - probably only enough for the first two spreads. But at least my box of very small scraps can be closed again. Ok, there is not much room left in my die cut mini drawers, but it's a weekend and more handmade embellishments for PL will follow.

I am still struggling a bit with the photos and will definitely not have enough for one spread a week, at least not until there is some daylight left when I come back from work. So it looks like I will take a monthly approach with however many spreads I need.

There is also a long forgotten treasure in my drawer - a Slice machine and the design cards have a lot of suitable words.
Do you have a smart phone, iPhone etc? I was thinking I would not have enough photos too but I downloaded two apps for PL one is called - instaweather the other is instaplace. If you can check them out. I am using instaweather daily as part of my album. Just a thought
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been a traditional scrapper but I have not done anything for a couple years. I am hoping to start some PL'ing for my sons graduation year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

I do traditional scrapping but would like to start a project life, maybe make an album for my mom

it seems a lot easier since it guides the layout for you but for some reason im nervous about starting one lol!

We R Memory keepers makes the cool layout pages as well so Im not sure what the difference is... if anyone can explain i would appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #9  
Inking Addict

The We R Memory Keepers page protectors fit in the same albums as the original Project Life ones from American Crafts. The difference is the edge with the holes - the AC ones have it from top to bottom and the WRMK ones have a slightly shorter edge with rounded corners. I also think the edge is a bit wider on the AC ones.

In any case you can use both in the same album if you do not mind different page widths. This means that you can simply choose the layouts you like best and maybe also take the ones with the best price.

I have bought the original ones only, in different layouts, making sure to not choose the ones my friend has so that we can split our packs in half and swap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #10  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinamelloView Post
Do you have a smart phone, iPhone etc? I was thinking I would not have enough photos too but I downloaded two apps for PL one is called - instaweather the other is instaplace. If you can check them out. I am using instaweather daily as part of my album. Just a thought
My phone is so old that my nephew claimed it was broken when he was not even three - the background photo wouldnt't change when he swiped his finger over the screen :-)

I will try the two apps out with my tablet though, thanks for the hint! Or get more familiar with Photoscape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

The We R Memory Keepers page protectors fit in the same albums as the original Project Life ones from American Crafts. The difference is the edge with the holes - the AC ones have it from top to bottom and the WRMK ones have a slightly shorter edge with rounded corners. I also think the edge is a bit wider on the AC ones.

In any case you can use both in the same album if you do not mind different page widths. This means that you can simply choose the layouts you like best and maybe also take the ones with the best price.

I have bought the original ones only, in different layouts, making sure to not choose the ones my friend has so that we can split our packs in half and swap.
great! thank you SO much for the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #12  
Inking Addict

There seems to be slight differences in pocket sizes between manufacturers, so you may have to trim a tiny bit off your cards or photos for some pockets. I would still consider design/layout and cost as the main factor for choosing the page protectors.

If correct size matters Echo Park might be gold too, there are some good reviews in these, too, and they fit the same three ring binders as the others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2014, 02:28 AM   #13  
Glitter Guru

Fascinating! I didn't scrap much for a couple of years and had no idea that those types of page protectors had gone into production- if they had been around when I started, I may have gone a whole different direction.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2014, 02:40 AM   #14  
Inking Addict

A lovely parcel arrived at my place yesterday - the kit I have subscribed too and lots of side orders for PL like cards and journaling spots. The embellishments from the kit are also very suitable for PL and the idea booklet includes nice PL pages as inspiration as well. Can't wait to get started.

Most cards/papers are lighter than I expected, which is probably good as the photos will add more weight. Those not specificall designef for PL, such as Sn@ap or Basic Grey Capture, are a bit heavier but still fit the pockets nicely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2014, 05:11 AM   #15  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

A lovely parcel arrived at my place yesterday - the kit I have subscribed too and lots of side orders for PL like cards and journaling spots. The embellishments from the kit are also very suitable for PL and the idea booklet includes nice PL pages as inspiration as well. Can't wait to get started.

Most cards/papers are lighter than I expected, which is probably good as the photos will add more weight. Those not specificall designef for PL, such as Sn@ap or Basic Grey Capture, are a bit heavier but still fit the pockets nicely.
Which kit do you subscribe to? Is it PL specific? My 2013 PL was an epic failure, still deciding if I should attempt this again :?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2014, 05:05 AM   #16  
Glitter Queen

I love PL!! But I do a lot of mine digitally. I found that you can easily create and print your own cards and of course, there are so many free printables out there.

If you are a noob to digital...check out my blog! Software giveaway and a tutorial regarding doing PL digitally. HERE

my site: polka dot pixels
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #17  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by partyof5_123View Post
Which kit do you subscribe to? Is it PL specific? My 2013 PL was an epic failure, still deciding if I should attempt this again :?
I have a subscription for a monthly kit with a German scrapbooking store - it's a general kit but often contains products suitable for PL, such as paper that can be cut up into cards. The kit also comes with an idea booklet specific to the kit and a monthly idea booklets for all clients. This time I got one with only PL ideas, don't know if this was the theme of the month or if they simply thought it would be useful considering what I ordered :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2014, 06:00 AM   #18  
Inking Addict

The first month in my PL album is complete :-)

As this is my first PL album I have discovered a few things along the way:

1. It was a lot easier than I thought to actually fill the pages. Originally I thought I would maybe do two spreads for a month (rather than one per week), but I actually did 3 spreads and one single page.

2. I will keep to a monthly approach, as a week seems rather restrictive and I might not have any photos in one week but lots in others, for example I have one entire spread about a single day in January.

3. I have highly underestimated the amount of cards required, both 3 x 4 and 4 x 6 -> shopping :-)

4. Planning is helpful. Apart from keeping a notebook to record daily events, ideas and a shopping list I have also done a list of page protectors: manufacturers, designs, quantity of each so that I don't run out.

5. It realls doesn't matter how you mix page protectors. I have some Becky Higgins ones, some general Amercian Crafts divided protectors and some Echo Park. They all fit the large 3-ring-binders and they all slightly differ in size, but I am cool with that, as I like to sometimes include some that are smaller than an overall 12 x 12. Even the 12 x 12 ones vary in size, for example the Becky Higgins designs W - Z are a little bit wider than the design A.

Last but not least: PL is additictive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Scrapbook.com has 20% off SNAP cards as their daily deal today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 06:19 AM   #20  
Inking Addict

How are you getting on with your PL albums?

I am pretty much caught up so far and took the opportunity to swap PL cards with a few girls at a scrapbooking event last weekend. As the core kits include most cards so many times it was great to increase the mix of designs with others who had different kits.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2014, 06:14 AM   #21  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts

Stampin' Up! will be selling Project Life product that coordinates with SU! colors!
Reply With Quote Likes