Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Scrappin' Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-f80/)
-   -   Mini Album Question (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-f80/mini-album-question-t557764.html)

PaperManipulator 07-17-2012 09:59 AM

Mini Album Question

I'm mostly a cardmaker, but the albums I've done have been the traditional type using 12X12 or 8X8 page protectors. I put two layout pages, back-to-back, in each sleeve. Now I want to make a small album using cardstock pages, bound with a Bind-it-all--no page protectors. Do I put pictures, etc. on both sides of these cardstock pages--back-to-back--or on only one side?

abange58 07-17-2012 12:43 PM

I always use both sides of the cardstock when doing mini albums.

PaperManipulator 07-17-2012 04:01 PM

Thanks, Angie! I was leaning toward this also. Just wondered if there was a reason not to.

lutheran 07-18-2012 03:13 AM

I use both sides, too. Just be sure to use the heaviest weight cs you can find to hold up to the weight of photos and so that stamping doesn't bleed through.
Mary Beth

PaperManipulator 07-18-2012 10:17 AM

Good points, Mary Beth. I did buy some cardstock that was heavier than what I had on hand. I still wish it were heavier, though. It's black, so I won't have any trouble with stamping bleeding through, but I'll have to be careful with the Tombow Mono Multil I use. I had a bad experience using tape runners--the pictures and mats popped off easily after a few years. Maybe I should break out the ATG I bought months ago and have been too intimidated to try! I've heard it has a stronger hold. Thanks for your input!

neece 07-19-2012 10:43 PM

I use double cardstock, back to back, in my minis. This allows me to stamp, ink, spritz, spray, and add chipboard or metal embellishments if I want to. I also can place brads & turns on the pages, yet the backs of the brads won't be seen. After I'm done decorating the back-to-back pages, I glue them together with my ATG and Mono Multi. And I ink the edges afterwards to unify the look.

Scrapjanny 07-20-2012 03:54 AM

I usually use chipboard and cover it with patterned paper/cardstock when I make mini albums and bind them myself.

PaperManipulator 07-20-2012 08:31 PM

Thank you for the ideas, Neece and Scrapjanny! This a mini album for my husband's birthday. I hope it comes out good!

lisasmith54 08-07-2012 10:50 AM

I hope you can help me. I am making a paper bag mini album. I've watched tons of vids, but of course, they never show the album with the pictures in it already. Since this is a mini, I'm assuming I need to eliminate any photos that don't crop down well and crop down the rest??? Is there any way to add a pouch or something to fit 5 x 7 photos when the mini is more like 3/12 by 6?
TIA, Lisa

askpreeti 08-07-2012 10:06 PM

It would be good to keep photos back to back because you can keep more photos while its just a mini album.