Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Scrappin' Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-f80/)
-   -   Adhesive (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-scrappin-talk-f80/adhesive-t566619.html)

Julie/MO 01-02-2013 07:59 AM

Adhesive

I'm getting back into scrapbooking after a couple of years of mostly card making. What is the best adhesive to use? I've used Elmers which I like, but I seem to go through a ton. I've also used Creative Memories and I'm not sure it sticks as well as I would like. Any recommendations?

3Fries 01-02-2013 10:45 AM

I use three different adhesives for the most part. My most used one is Tombow Multi - SU sells it, as do many other places. It is the most versatile and most cost effective - it seems to last forever and ever and ever. I use the flat side the most, and then there is a little skinny tip side that is great for small letters and such.

Next I use mini glue dots a fair bit. I would use these for sticking on buttons or other small embellishments and sometimes if there's a lot going on on the page and I don't want to deal with wet glue, I'll use them for my picture layers too. They're not inexpensive, but they aren't super pricey either. They last a long time and once they're stuck they are stuck!

Finally, for ribbon on scrapbook pages I will sometimes use Sticky Strip - it will stick when glue dots won't.

Hope this helps!

Elise17 01-02-2013 10:54 AM

This is what I use in my scrapbooks now. When I first heard about ATG, I thought it would be heavy and awkward, but I tried one at a crop and loved it. I buy refills with 40% off coupons, and it ends up being a really good deal.

I also always have mini glue dots in my scrapbooking bag because they come in handy.

Captain013 01-02-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elise17 (Post 19916900)
This is what I use in my scrapbooks now. When I first heard about ATG, I thought it would be heavy and awkward, but I tried one at a crop and loved it. I buy refills with 40% off coupons, and it ends up being a really good deal.

I also always have mini glue dots in my scrapbooking bag because they come in handy.

I second this product. I love it. It works well on all types of materials, even vellum, and burlap. I used it for my wedding invitations and it made my job so much easier with zero mess. The refills are about 10.00$ and you can use a coupon when you buy the gun too. Super easy to use, and super sticky.

jennik 01-03-2013 08:34 PM

CM has changed their adhesive recently. How old is yours? Maybe it got warm and lost a little stick? I use CM exclusively and have found that once it is down and been there for a while, getting it up again is impossible.

jennik

AJCs_mom 01-04-2013 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain013 (Post 19917027)
I second this product. I love it. It works well on all types of materials, even vellum, and burlap. I used it for my wedding invitations and it made my job so much easier with zero mess. The refills are about 10.00$ and you can use a coupon when you buy the gun too. Super easy to use, and super sticky.

Me three! I couldn't live without my ATG!

Julie/MO 01-05-2013 10:34 AM

The CM adhesive was new. Thanks for responding.

vdoyle8 01-10-2013 07:05 PM

I use a variety of adhesives. I love love love my ATG - it's my go-to. I also have a CM tape runner and like that. I use glue dots for embellishments. I use 3M Tacky glue for skinny letters & such. I think there is no one perfect adhesive - it depends on the job...

NWstamper 03-20-2013 10:46 PM

I use a variety of adhesives depending on what I need to put on the page. Any given layout of mine probably has at least 3 or more different adhesives. :)

I use my ATG gun, Stampin' Dimensionals (foam dots), glue dots, and the Tombow multi-purpose liquid glue. I also have the Stampin' Up! tape runner (SNAIL) and have been happy with it and use that when I am traveling and don't want to take up the space with my ATG.

clarhan 06-06-2013 07:05 PM

Yep! ATG for me too! It's so affordable and works great!

chandler 07-24-2013 08:31 PM

I haven't seen anyone mention the GlueGlider pro, I really like it because it is like the ATG but smaller. I also use coupons to get the refills, usually at Michaels.

Panda Bear 07-26-2013 04:47 PM

I have used many tyes of Snail tape runners....They work fine when making the cards, but my experience has been that they do not last. If you have a stash of completed cards, I found that parts had fallen off, and needed to be re adhered. Now I use the Multi purpose glue that SU sells, and Scor Tape exclusively. I have not had any cards fall apart with these items.

ohsnaplizzie 07-28-2013 06:42 PM

I have a few favorites. Tombow makes a great adhesive. Bazic double sided tape is a DREAM. Love it!! And of course Helmar.

bpnaz 08-18-2013 10:41 PM

Hello,

I love the E600 Glue. It seems to work on almost everything! best wishes, Becky

Snuggs&Misty 11-27-2013 03:44 PM

hello, I am looking for a new glue runner, hear alot about atg? what is that exactly and where d u buy it from?

delacroix3721 11-27-2013 04:10 PM

I got my pink ATG gun at AC Moore with a 50% coupon, brought it down to ~$15. If I had been a bit more patient I could have used a 60% coupon. It took me a couple days to get the hang of using it, but I really like it now! The adhesive is surprisingly strong. :)

I use my foam dots a lot for dimension, and a glue stick for little things.

rrosal050109 11-27-2013 05:06 PM

I bought mine from Amazon.com, it's 16.72 plus tax, free shipping. The refills are cheap and last a long time.

delacroix3721 11-27-2013 05:44 PM

I can't believe I forgot about Glossy Accents! I didn't think I would use it as an adhesive, but the teeniest bit holds really well and grabs quickly. I was using it last night to make paper ornaments. Another good thing to pick up using a coupon!

CocoLoco 12-02-2013 08:45 AM

that ATG looks really cool, im going to have to check that out! I have about 20 tape runners b/c I always pick them up when Im at the store and forget what kind I have so I never get the refills, D'OH! silly me

Quote:

Originally Posted by delacroix3721 (Post 20433596)
I can't believe I forgot about Glossy Accents! I didn't think I would use it as an adhesive, but the teeniest bit holds really well and grabs quickly. I was using it last night to make paper ornaments. Another good thing to pick up using a coupon!

i have some of these on order! cant wait to get them

Snuggs&Misty 12-02-2013 08:01 PM

well, I finally bought a glue glider...omg......I love it. It is pink!!! I can't remember what brand it is but it is great......I had a bit of trouble getting it laced up but once i did it was awesome. The tape is a little more expensive than what I buy for the lttle glue runner that I used to use, but I think in the long run, it is cheaper, you get so much more glue runner (feet) than the little ones, and they are 2.00 each but I needed to replace ever so quickly.

I got it at Micheals with a 25% off coupon and the glue runners were buy one get one free, plus I also got 25% off of the runners....thanks everyone for the replies.

inkn'paper 12-09-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Fries (Post 19916883)
I use three different adhesives for the most part. My most used one is Tombow Multi - SU sells it, as do many other places. It is the most versatile and most cost effective - it seems to last forever and ever and ever. I use the flat side the most, and then there is a little skinny tip side that is great for small letters and such.

Next I use mini glue dots a fair bit. I would use these for sticking on buttons or other small embellishments and sometimes if there's a lot going on on the page and I don't want to deal with wet glue, I'll use them for my picture layers too. They're not inexpensive, but they aren't super pricey either. They last a long time and once they're stuck they are stuck!

Finally, for ribbon on scrapbook pages I will sometimes use Sticky Strip - it will stick when glue dots won't.

Hope this helps!

I too use all three of these for the same reasons. Only, I get my Tombo Mono Adhesive, also known as SNAIL adhesive, from Hobby Lobby and not Stampin Up.

punch-crazy 12-09-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkn'paper (Post 20446767)
I too use all three of these for the same reasons. Only, I get my Tombo Mono Adhesive, also known as SNAIL adhesive, from Hobby Lobby and not Stampin Up.

I do not believe you are referring to the same thing.
The Tombow Mono Multi with 2 tips (flat at one end and little tip at the other) is a liquid glue. The snail Adhesive is a small tape runner.
This is the Tombow Mono Multi the previous poster was referring to (I love this stuff. It is especially great for punch art)

inkn'paper 12-09-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punch-crazy (Post 20446777)
I do not believe you are referring to the same thing.
The Tombow Mono Multi with 2 tips (flat at one end and little tip at the other) is a liquid glue. The snail Adhesive is a small tape runner.
This is the Tombow Mono Multi the previous poster was referring to (I love this stuff. It is especially great for punch art)

I stand corrected! Thanks for pointing that out for me!