Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Name that kit!

I have received a donation of supplies from Stampin' Up! to keep my little "Cancer Crafting" campaign afloat after one of my customers sent an email to SU telling the company what I was doing.
One thing any cancer patient or survivor will tell you, cancer is a waiting game. You are waiting for tests, waiting for results, waiting for treatments, waiting, waiting, waiting.

Which brings me back to the Stampin' Up! donation. I got a lot of retired DSP in 8.5x11 along with card stock in the A4 size, a few retired stamp sets and a punch I have never seen before.
I also got loose papers and some die cuts.

I have gathered that these are from a Simply Scrappin' kit, but I cannot find out which one. If I could find out, then I have a better idea on what to do with it as there are some shapes in the die cuts I do not recognize.
These loose, 12 x 12 double sided paper has one side which is, I think, "Not Quite Navy" ripple pattern alternating in solid ripple then a lighter blue that has white dotted pattern on its ripple. On the flip side it is, which is, again I think, Tangerine Tango with numerals in all sizes and directions in a lighter shade of that color.
The die cuts are borders and 2 of the borders are the same pattern as the orange but in blue, there are also squares in blue and orange with the ripple pattern on them, round topped tags that are blue with white line clouds and 2 balloons, 1 blue, 1 orange, on the tags. Then there are the patterns I am not sure of. They look like they could be bows? They are in yellow and in blue. I am not sure what they are.They have one long "stem" going from a round scalloped top to the bottom and off at angle on each side of the round scallop is shorter "stems".
I will try to get hubby's camera and take a picture to help my description better.
But just in case, does anyone know what this set or kit is called?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm dying of curiosity. What does the name matter?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahbView Post
I'm dying of curiosity. What does the name matter?
I keep all of my cardmaking supplies in an inventory (I use Evernote) and when I make a card and send it off to magazines or want to make it again, I write down as we all do, what materials, inks, stamps etc were used on the project.
If I use the papers in a card, I will want to say what it was.
But, I suppose it doesn't matter what the name is as long as I do not use it in any card I send off to hopefully get published in a magazine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saphyre333View Post
But, I suppose it doesn't matter what the name is as long as I do not use it in any card I send off to hopefully get published in a magazine.
Um. Why would you be using supplies donated to your "Cancer Crafting" campaign in your personal magazine submissions? It doesn't sound like that's what SU sent them to you for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

True, but a piece of the patterned paper was used in a card popping mechanism which was sent to "Simply, Cards".
The paper was cut into a postage stamp die cut. Literally, postage stamp, as I was using the Bottle Cap and Postage Stamp mini Movers & Shakers die set.
Do you think I have corrupted the donation and should admit my guilt to Stampin' Up! over a one time donation from them?
Would you like to guess at how much of my own money, time and work I have put into the kits? The gasoline from delivery the kits? Would you like to know who started the whole operation here?
While it no longer matters as all of the donated paper and cardstock has been used up in kits (excluding the tools which I use to make up the kits).
I do not feel by using a postage stamp sized die cut of the paper in a magazine offering was a horrible act as it was not done with intent. Every card I send in has the story of the CCK in the hopes that should they print my card the publicity may bring in more items for cancer patients to enjoy.
I am a 32 year cancer survivor who has tried every year since I walked out of a 5 month stay in the hospital to give back somehow. Even when the damage from the radiation therapy I got back then started the disintegration of my spine and I had to get a morphine pump implant to help with the pain, I still get my team together for the Relay for Life and I still make and deliver the craft kits.
Do not judge me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Bless you Saphyre333! I know several who have gone through cancer treatments recently, and I applaud your efforts to help them pass that god-awful time a little more pleasantly.

I'm sure that SU! intended the stuff they sent you to be a help, not an obligation. You didn't even ask for the stuff! Your customer let them know what you were doing and they chose to send you stuff. I'm SURE it wasn't accompanied by a letter stating you could ONLY use it in your craft kits.

Keep fighting and don't let the negativity get to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

i think what you are doing is great!
Reply With Quote Likes