Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Free for All (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/free-all-f45/)
-   -   LSC229 - What Were Those Colors Anyhow? {7/17/09} (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/free-all-f45/lsc229-what-were-those-colors-anyhow-%7B7-17-09%7D-t448879.html)

StampingQueenJAR 07-16-2009 10:45 PM

LSC229 - What Were Those Colors Anyhow? {7/17/09}

LSC229 - What Were Those Colors Anyhow?

For today’s Limited Supplies Challenge, we are going back in time – some of us much farther than others! :-D

What’s limited this week?

Use one of these (please list your choice in your description):
1)Your wedding colors OR
2)Your high school colors

AND

One of these:
1) Staples OR
2) Any clips OR
3) Photo turns (See post #29)

No other limits on embellishments, tools, techniques, or layers. ANY subject matter or theme.

Please upload only NEW creations for this challenge.

My sweet friend, Juliana, is helping me out this week with a sample, as I am in the middle of a musical opening! I hope to upload my sample later today.

JULESIANA

{LSC229 Gallery Quicklink}

Keyword: LSC229 (no spaces)

Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.

If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!

Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!

1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
You’re done!

chrisations.ink 07-16-2009 10:51 PM

Yikes, this is going to be difficult for me. Going to have to sleep on it for sure. Thanks for the challenge, Judy - retro will bring out some fun stuff for sure!

Cook22 07-16-2009 11:24 PM

Bleachh - school was brown and white, with a red and white scarf. I think not!! Looks like wedding will have to be it. Glad I can think about this while at work. Thanks, Judy, and hope MFL goes really well for you.

joan ervin 07-16-2009 11:25 PM

Sounds fun, Judy...gotta go to bed now but will play in the morning!!!

HeartHugsDesigns 07-16-2009 11:26 PM

What a fun challenge! I'll try it when I get up in the morning.

Kiwime 07-16-2009 11:40 PM

hmmmmmmmm High School = green & gold. Wedding = Cream, orange and gold...... I think the wedding may win - tomorrow. :-)

Biggan 07-17-2009 01:26 AM

This was harder then I first thought...but fun! Thanks! Here´s mine;

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=125756

TFL!
Birgit

TexasGrammy 07-17-2009 02:00 AM

Judy, my friend!
I must "think"! ... Now that's a scary thoought!
:lol:

Added: It's a good thing we aren't asking our hubby's to remember the colors, eh?!? ;)

kittie747 07-17-2009 02:57 AM

Judy, I would love to know more about your muscial opening????? Inquring minds want to know.

markie's mom 07-17-2009 03:14 AM

Judy, this was a VERY difficult challenge for me...Thanks for the Challenge!

Here's today's submission

bensarmom 07-17-2009 04:16 AM

High school blue and white, wedding rust, pumpkin, caramel- decisions, decisions........Thanks for the challenge Judy. I'll decide after coffee.

schirmcat 07-17-2009 04:26 AM

Hmmmm touch one for me...high school was black and gold (Go Southern Regional Rams in Manahawkin, NJ...hee!)...wedding colors were blush, cream, and hydrangea (so not me, right?!)....thanks for the fun challenge, Judy!

fishymom 07-17-2009 04:42 AM

Another green and gold high school here, so not doing that! My wedding colors were cream and shades of pink with celery green, so I guess I'm going to give that a try.

LaLatty 07-17-2009 04:59 AM

Could someone please tell me what is a photo turn? Sorry for asking, but I've never heard of this before :) TIA

ejkeaton 07-17-2009 05:25 AM

Hmm . . . My high school colors were red and white (or was it gray? I can't seem to remember--must be blocking it out. High school was not a particularly pleasant experience for me). Wedding?? MUCH more memorable!!!!!! (And happy!!!) Our "colors" (if you could call it that) were sage green and white. I'm thinking certainly celery will be close. I think I still have some ribbon leftover from decorating the reception hall--I'll have to pull it out later today. That should be fun :) ! Thanks, Judy, for a fun challenge!! I'll think about it while I work this morning and hope to put something together during my break after lunch!!!

flowergal36 07-17-2009 05:27 AM

This is a fun challenge. My colors were orange and black. Halloween card I am thinking... Great challenge Judy. Good luck with your opening...

LaLatty 07-17-2009 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLatty (Post 14650386)
Could someone please tell me what is a photo turn? Sorry for asking, but I've never heard of this before :) TIA

Oh! I just figured out what photo turns are. I have some but I never knew what they were called.

RJP111 07-17-2009 05:30 AM

Hmm, high school colors were blue & orange (much like the Florida Gators colors lol), first wedding colors were turquoise & white, second wedding colors were dusty blue & peach. I see a trend here! haha!

marilynprestonn 07-17-2009 05:35 AM

Here is my entry for the lsc

Thank you Judy for the walk down memory lane:

Here is my entry:

High school pastels

thanks for looking and enjoy ladies.

Indy_Patti 07-17-2009 06:03 AM

I haven't played this challenge in a long time - but I am compelled to stamp tonight after work. you see.... my wedding colors must have been close to that oldie but goodie - Mint Melody, Pretty in Pink, Vanilla and Blush. Its been a looooong time since I've looked at those photos. Oh the bridesmaids' dresses....

Great challenge!

NCSUnikki 07-17-2009 06:10 AM

Here it is, in all it's glory....
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=50817

Have a great day!

okcapitolgirl 07-17-2009 06:23 AM

Well, my first wedding was around Christmas - you guessed it, green, dark red and black (very original don't you think?)

And, since my 2nd wedding was just three years ago (and 13 years after the first one - most of which I spent thinking men are worthless), I'm think I should head back to high school - purple, gold and white - Wildcats. Good grief - I think SU! should be in charge of high school colors. . .don't you think Pink Pirouette and Baja Breeze would be a good combo? I can just picture the cheerleader uniforms!

E3stamper 07-17-2009 06:40 AM

Fun challenge Judy! Heres my Blue devil Anya

Wendybell 07-17-2009 06:44 AM

This turned out NOTHING like I had hoped, but at least I got 'er done! Thanks, Judy!

For You Silhouette

jdmommy 07-17-2009 06:48 AM

here is mine

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...16294?cat=3101

debils 07-17-2009 07:05 AM

Now that is a challenge Judy what is the lesser of two evils; kelly green and white or mauve and pink (ick! what can I say, I was only 19 when I got married, it was the 80's and I actually liked pink back then, what was I thinking???)

VHarrell 07-17-2009 07:10 AM

Yeah - my first day I've been able to get up out of bed and what a fun challenge. Here is mine:
Wedding Day Colors

berlycece 07-17-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLatty (Post 14650643)
Oh! I just figured out what photo turns are. I have some but I never knew what they were called.

I'm glad you figured it out...but I am still clueless! LOL! Can you share please?

High school colors...purple and white, with a touch of "gold" that looked more like summer sun

Wedding, dark purple (eggplant) and very dark teal, almost a hunter green...will be tough to match,but I will try

This will be fun!!

StampingQueenJAR 07-17-2009 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLatty (Post 14650386)

HERE are pictures of different kinds. Thanks for asking!

StampingQueenJAR 07-17-2009 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debils (Post 14651555)
Now that is a challenge Judy what is the lesser of two evils; kelly green and white or mauve and pink (ick! what can I say, I was only 19 when I got married, it was the 80's and I actually liked pink back then, what was I thinking???)

Now, Debi, you know that PINK is my favorite color!!!! ;)

imastampin 07-17-2009 07:34 AM

Thanks for the fun challenge Judy.

Here is mine

allee's 07-17-2009 07:39 AM

So sorry!

Eeekkkk!! I forgot the photo turn!! The card is already signed, sealed and attached to the wedding gift so it will just have to be without one today!

I've removed it from the challenge gallery since I didn't include the supplies needed, but it is still in my gallery for those who have favorited it!

If I have time this morning, I'll try again with my school colors!! And this time I will include clips or photo turns!! LOL!!

Toy 07-17-2009 08:00 AM

Cool challenge, Judy :cool:

I went with my high school colors

~~ School Colors ~~

TFL!~

LaLatty 07-17-2009 08:02 AM

Thanks for a great challenge! I decided to use my wedding colors for my card:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=74015

~CA~ 07-17-2009 08:03 AM

Thanks, Judy!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...6356?cat=16122

ButterflyEars 07-17-2009 08:31 AM

Thanks Judy for the fun challenge.

My Card

Thanks for looking and taking time to comment.
Have a nice weekend everyone.

designlady 07-17-2009 09:13 AM

Fun challenge, Judy! Good thing I'm not in school anymore--I read the first part about the colors and took off. When I came back to upload my card I found the part about the clips. Thank goodness that was an easy fix!

here's my card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=189452

Angela R. 07-17-2009 09:18 AM

tough one! school colors are kelly green and white (haha, debi!) and well, we got married by a Justice of the Peace, w/ no family around and one witness each, so didn't really pick out colors! hmmmm, will have to see...

cmc2stamp 07-17-2009 09:31 AM

I got to play!!

Light Unto My Path!

StampingQueenJAR 07-17-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee's (Post 14651904)
Eeekkkk!! I forgot the photo turn!! The card is already signed, sealed and attached to the wedding gift so it will just have to be without one today!

I've removed it from the challenge gallery since I didn't include the supplies needed, but it is still in my gallery for those who have favorited it!

If I have time this morning, I'll try again with my school colors!! And this time I will include clips or photo turns!! LOL!!

You get that back into the gallery, Lynn, or I will have to come and snitch it off that wedding gift and do it myself! :mrgreen: