Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2006, 04:54 AM   #121
Mad Swapper

I think I am going to give this a try, it sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the great challenge. Now I have to think of what I am going to make. Thanks again.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-02-2006, 04:59 AM   #122
PAPER SCAPER

Just an edit to remove some help information no longer needed.

Nice challenge Jen and Jami!
Perfect Paper Crafting * SweetStamps * Just for Fun Rubber Stamps

Last edited by Rox71; 09-02-2006 at 09:05 PM..
Old 09-02-2006, 05:22 AM   #123
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen70
Do you have to use the same sets on every individual item in the group? I didn't. I just made sure that each item just used only 2 sets and one sentiment. Gosh did I break my own rule? That's kinda funny! As far as I'm concerned either way is fine with me. We want to see you use up one piece of 12x12 paper instead of hoarding it!
Jen, This is a relief. I have been scratching my head trying to decide if I can give up using a bg stamp on my projects so I have the choice of using two full sets. I thought it *had* to be for the complete set of projects. Whew!!! This is a blast Jen. What fun!
Old 09-02-2006, 05:26 AM   #124
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox71
Iím not reading through all the thread to see if this has been stated yet.

I think I can help with the multiple photo problems. You donít need a digital camera players, the solution is in most software programs you already use. For some programs it could be called layers but each one could have their own lingo.
Take a look at this photo in my gallery. This was two scanned photos in the beginning. I opened both photos in my Adobe program and minimized after cropping. I kept one with a larger backdrop which is the grey you see. Pulled the second photo on top of the other and resized it then saved the two as one. You can do this with as many photos as you wish.

With playing these games online we must all learn our software program. Iím learning a new program at the present time and I am by far a computer tech but I will figure this out. I normally get my problems solved by calling for DH after all the names Iíve called my Gateway doesnít work!
So take an hour or so and look at your programs and by Monday youíll be uploading the project!

Good luck hostess and players! Itís a nice fun challenge Jen!

Jen I'll get this link out of here at the end of the day since it has nothing to do with your challenge. If I forget PM me, it's a convenient way to solve problems!
So 1 hour looking and playing with my photo program, 1 hour nap from my head hurting from looking at my program, and 1 hour to try, try again....the way I see it Rox, you could be at my house by then to help me. Oh, and you might as well bring your 12 x 12 paper with you and we will work on Jen and Jami's awesome challenge idea together !
Old 09-02-2006, 05:42 AM   #125
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstarbright
So 1 hour looking and playing with my photo program, 1 hour nap from my head hurting from looking at my program, and 1 hour to try, try again....the way I see it Rox, you could be at my house by then to help me. Oh, and you might as well bring your 12 x 12 paper with you and we will work on Jen and Jami's awesome challenge idea together !
If I could figure it out in less than an hour and have never taken a computer class in my life, I know everyone else can too.

But the chance to meet Joni in person is a really nice idea!
Perfect Paper Crafting * SweetStamps * Just for Fun Rubber Stamps

Last edited by Rox71; 09-02-2006 at 06:20 AM..
Old 09-02-2006, 05:59 AM   #126
Stazon Splitcoast

Over the river and thru the woods, to Joni's house we go; I think Jen's house is on the way so we'll pick her up to play, oh...
Old 09-02-2006, 06:02 AM   #127
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry, That's what came to mind reading Joni & Roxie's comments! I'm punchy from staying up too late working on the challenge! Now I have to hem DH's new jeans then back to work on my 5th piece!!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:10 AM   #128
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Question Another technical question

Poor, Jen -- takes the time to put together this fun challenge and then has to spend days answering questions!!! And here I am, adding another -- but I want to do it *right*!!!

I really need to do a wire bound journal this weekend for a gift, and I can't incorporate that into this challenge as you are not allowing enough designer paper for me to do so. I need 2 + sheets of paper just to do the journal covers, much less the other required items.

Soooo, what if I only do the actual front of the journal, that part which actually is the fun part and which would show in the photo, and then after the challenge I could finish off the inside of the front cover and do the back cover. Would this work, or would I be disqualified?

If this would disqualify me, that's OK, I do have an alternative plan up my sleeve, but would really prefer to spend the time on the journal cover.

And now, after re-reading my question, I guess I should be disqualified if I only do the 1/2 journal, as it isn't complete, and who would turn in 1/2 a card or 1/2 a candle -- I should probably go with my alternative plan -- but once this is typed I'll post it anyway, just to see what you say.

Thanks for your time and effort put into this fun challenge!!!

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

MY BLOG -- No Time To Stamp?

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:10 AM   #129
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox71
Iím not reading through all the thread to see if this has been stated yet.

I think I can help with the multiple photo problems. You donít need a digital camera players, the solution is in most software programs you already use. For some programs it could be called layers but each one could have their own lingo.
Take a look at this photo in my gallery. This was two scanned photos in the beginning. I opened both photos in my Adobe program and minimized after cropping. I kept one with a larger backdrop which is the grey you see. Pulled the second photo on top of the other and resized it then saved the two as one. You can do this with as many photos as you wish.

With playing these games online we must all learn our software program. Iím learning a new program at the present time and I am by far a computer tech but I will figure this out. I normally get my problems solved by calling for DH after all the names Iíve called my Gateway doesnít work!
So take an hour or so and look at your programs and by Monday youíll be uploading the project!

Good luck hostess and players! Itís a nice fun challenge Jen! Had to edit and say Jami too, I forgot it was her idea, thanks Joni for reminding me!

Jen I'll get this link out of here at the end of the day since it has nothing to do with your challenge. If I forget PM me, it's a convenient way to solve problems!
Thanks Roxie! I didn't think of that! I use layers in my photo program for digital scrapping. It would totally work! Sweet!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:13 AM   #130
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstarbright
You may want to go find mamakimberly's digital scrapping tutorial in the scrapbooking forum. It should help because it's all about adding layers.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:13 AM   #131
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyc
Over the river and thru the woods, to Joni's house we go; I think Jen's house is on the way so we'll pick her up to play, oh...
ROFL!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:16 AM   #132
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyc
Oh boy, it sounds like a fun party to me! My daughter is coming home and wants to scrapbook ( ack ! ) so I am going to try this OSW challenge helping her, what great timing Jen
Old 09-02-2006, 06:16 AM   #133
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by notimetostamp
Poor, Jen -- takes the time to put together this fun challenge and then has to spend days answering questions!!! And here I am, adding another -- but I want to do it *right*!!!

I really need to do a wire bound journal this weekend for a gift, and I can't incorporate that into this challenge as you are not allowing enough designer paper for me to do so. I need 2 + sheets of paper just to do the journal covers, much less the other required items.

Soooo, what if I only do the actual front of the journal, that part which actually is the fun part and which would show in the photo, and then after the challenge I could finish off the inside of the front cover and do the back cover. Would this work, or would I be disqualified?

If this would disqualify me, that's OK, I do have an alternative plan up my sleeve, but would really prefer to spend the time on the journal cover.

And now, after re-reading my question, I guess I should be disqualified if I only do the 1/2 journal, as it isn't complete, and who would turn in 1/2 a card or 1/2 a candle -- I should probably go with my alternative plan -- but once this is typed I'll post it anyway, just to see what you say.

Thanks for your time and effort put into this fun challenge!!!
For this challenge, the alternative plan would be good. We want to convince people not to hoard their paper and see how much you can create from just one sheet.

I'll keep my eye on your gallery for your journal, though! You make great stuff!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:28 AM   #134
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thanks, Jenn -- the alternative plan it will be!!!

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

MY BLOG -- No Time To Stamp?

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:29 AM   #135
Proud Fan Club Member

Whew! I finished up at around 2:00 am on Saturday morning. But what fun was this one. Apparently, I didn't quite understand the rules -- thought I could only use two sets for the entire challenge. But, on the other hand, everything matches!

Here's the group picture -- a total of 12 items.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=72594

Mug, Pen, and Notepad --

Jr. Legal Pad Holder & Mini-Journal --

3" x 3" card and 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" card --

Another 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" card --

A 5" x 7" card --

A 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card --

A 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card --

And, finally, my last 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card --

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Thanks, Jen.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:41 AM   #136
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Yahoo to Toy

One last post before we head out to PA..

Just wanted to say that Rox ROCKS.. I so should have thought of that! I'm forever playing with photo manipulation programs.. duh! I have the dig cam, so no worries, but it's great great great info for those who don't!

Thanks Jen.. for the challenge.. and something to do this weekend while we're waiting out the rains from Ernesto. I may not make it back in time to post on Monday (no internet in rural PA), but if I don't make the deadline, oh well...

So far everything posted is just awesome and inspiring!

Have a great weekend everybody!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:49 AM   #137
Gallery Gazer

Whoo Hoo! I'm done. These are the items in my collection:
altered notebook, altered tin (from Mike's in the candle making section), acrylic post-it holder with RSVP pen, a 4.25 X 5.5 cards, a tunnel card, an explosion card, a buckle card, a 3 X 3 card, mini tall card, 3.75 X 3.75 card, and two 4.25 X 4.25
you can view the whole thing here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...00&ppuser=9348

and then there's a little more info at these: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...00&ppuser=9348

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...00&ppuser=9348

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...00&ppuser=9348
Old 09-02-2006, 06:56 AM   #138
Stampin' Fool

Great Challenge. I've never participated in any of the challenges before but I might have to this time. Can't wait to see everyone's pictures!
Old 09-02-2006, 07:10 AM   #139
Die Cut Diva

WOW!!!!!!! Everyone who has uploaded their projects already has done such a great job! I'm completely amazed at how much you can squeeze out of one 12x12 sheet of designer paper.

I'm about halfway finished with mine. Back to work....
Old 09-02-2006, 07:23 AM   #140
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to mndnco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Stamper
Great Challenge. I've never participated in any of the challenges before but I might have to this time. Can't wait to see everyone's pictures!
Ditto!
I can't wait to play!

Look what I can do! (my gallery)
Old 09-02-2006, 07:30 AM   #141
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via Yahoo to Brownee

I haven't played in a couple of weeks (life in the way and all), but I am doing this one today!

We shouldn't have expectations of others that we, ourselves, could not fulfill.

my blog: hownowbrownkow
Old 09-02-2006, 07:54 AM   #142
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to BadSherry

WOW -- all that have been uploaded are absolutely fantastic! I have to wait until tomorrow to participate, but I am just in awe of everyone's work!!!! Super job girls!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 07:57 AM   #143
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSherry
WOW -- all that have been uploaded are absolutely fantastic! I have to wait until tomorrow to participate, but I am just in awe of everyone's work!!!! Super job girls!!!!!!!!
Isn't it exciting?!
Old 09-02-2006, 07:59 AM   #144
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to BadSherry

Quote:
Isn't it exciting?!
Yep -- My head is spinning with the possibilities, just can't do it today! I need to leave here in about 15 minutes and won't be back until late in the day -- But you can bet I'll be here stamping tomorrow!!!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 08:16 AM   #145
Stazon Splitcoast

I am going to have to stamp my butt off (I wish!) to get anything nearly as awesome as what I have seen so far! Everyone has done great things!
Old 09-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #146
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Jen and Jami...I love this challenge!!!!!!!!! I started stamping because I loved to do non card items and lately I have gotten away from it. I have tons of things to alter/cover/stamp. I may have to do another because I hardly touched my ideas. I stuck to one set, one background and sentiments.
The sets uploaded so far are wonderful!!

Here is my group photo

post it note cover/coffee tin

jr. legal pad closed

jr legal open

cards

cards 2

cards 3

Join us in Buffalo on 4/28/12
Old 09-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #147
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I'm all done, got everything photograghed and cropped but I have to go ! I will upload it all tonite when I get home; this weekend is the Feast of Three Saints at my church; it's an Italian festival and we volunteer there every year; I'm off to sell Eggplant, meatball, chicken and veal cutlet subs! That's what's on my menu (til Moday when the diet starts again!); Have a great afternoon everyone!
PS, love what I've seen so far!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:19 AM   #148
Village Stamper

Default LSC79

Well, Jen and Jami - this was fun - I never knew you could get so many projects outta one sheet of paper - guess you want us to quit hoarding, huh? OK, here come the links:
Group picture
Gum wrapper
Mini Tile Magnet
Post It Holder
Journal
Hershey Kiss Wrapper
Picture Frame Refrigerator Magnet
Altoid Tin
6" Clothes pin photo holder
Card 1
Card 2
Card 3
Card 4

Thanks for all the hard work you went through to post this challenge, Jen. You do wonderful work! Now on to today's challenge!
My Blog FS103 - QFTD85
Old 09-02-2006, 12:14 PM   #149
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: My very hot stamp room, in Phoenix! It's a dry heat.

I got mine done! I am surprised. It took a long time, trying to figure out how to use every scrap, but I did it! That was a fun challenge, Jen. Thanks! Take look!

My OSW

Check my gallery for the individual projects.

I guess I put too many restrictions on myself, trying to stick within the rules, but - - - I DID IT! I only used one stamp set and one background stamp on all of the projects. I did use I think two different sentiment sets though. Oh my word. It would have been so much easier had I read through all of these postings first. Alas, I did not.

It was a fun challenge Jen. Thanks! Now I have courage to try it again sometime.

Last edited by imastampin; 09-02-2006 at 01:14 PM..
Old 09-02-2006, 12:28 PM   #150
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you for all the support I have received by PM. As many of you know, this negativity exists in many places, including the sketch challenge. I was lead to the sketch challenge this week. This was my reply. It fits here, too. When it says sketch, pretend it says LSC. We have quite a few stampers who do not follow the rules regularly. I'm not referring to mistakes. There is a difference. So, don't think I'm upset with YOU. It's the culmination of the purposeful major tweaks to the challenges, out to get the most comments attitude, and the complaining to the hostesses that I'm upset with. It's most likely not YOU who is doing this.

This was posted in the sketch challenge today by me:

It was exhausting reading parts of this thread. After all the PMs I have received lately concerning the LSC negativity, I was told to come here. I've been absent from the other challenges for awhile due to my DS having surgery and the start of a new school year. I am really disappointed in what's been going on. It's not just a challenge thing, it's most everywhere on this site. I do enough volunteer work on this site to know the negativity really is prevalent. And it wears on a hostess and organizer.

This is a volunteer site. We pay for some parts of the site, but most of it is free. It's a PRIVILEGE to have this site. The negative attitudes get really old... kind of like a whiny 3 year old. You are not being discriminated against. A challenge is a challenge. A contest is a contest. It's a choice if you want to join. It's a privilege to participate. IT'S NOT A RIGHT!

If you follow the rules, then link it. If you have to tweak it so much that it doesn't really resemble the original challenge, then upload it to the gallery but don't link it. We want to see your work in the gallery. It's great to see what has inspired everyone. No one is telling you not to upload your cards to the gallery.

And following the sketch isn't a new thing. A little over a year ago, I tweaked a sketch and got called on the carpet for it in a comment. So, this is not new. Why it seems that way is because it happens a lot more frequently to the point people are wondering why we even bother with a sketch. (and LSC for that matter).

Sorry for the bad mood. I know that some people think I have endless patience, but I have my breaking point, too. And I think I reached it last night in the LSC.

Last month was my last VSN as a hostess. After many months of enjoying it, it wasn't fun anymore. Needless to say, this very well may be the last contest I hostess in the LSC.

I was worried this would happen. I just didn't realize why it would happen. If you read the original post, I mentioned that I didn't want any negativity.

Thank you to those of you who ask questions. I really don't mind them.

Edited to say, please read post #187 on page 5 before you panic about this!

Last edited by CardFanatic; 09-02-2006 at 08:15 PM..
Old 09-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #151
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Thank you for all the support I have received by PM. As many of you know, this negativity exists in many places, including the sketch challenge. I was lead to the sketch challenge this week. This was my reply. It fits here, too. When it says sketch, pretend it says LSC. We have quite a few stampers who do not follow the rules regularly. I'm not referring to mistakes. There is a difference. So, don't think I'm upset with YOU. It's the culmination of the purposeful major tweaks to the challenges, out to get the most comments attitude, and the complaining to the hostesses that I'm upset with. It's most likely not YOU who is doing this.

This was posted in the sketch challenge today by me:

It was exhausting reading parts of this thread. After all the PMs I have received lately concerning the LSC negativity, I was told to come here. I've been absent from the other challenges for awhile due to my DS having surgery and the start of a new school year. I am really disappointed in what's been going on. It's not just a challenge thing, it's most everywhere on this site. I do enough volunteer work on this site to know the negativity really is prevalent. And it wears on a hostess and organizer.

This is a volunteer site. We pay for some parts of the site, but most of it is free. It's a PRIVILEGE to have this site. The negative attitudes get really old... kind of like a whiny 3 year old. You are not being discriminated against. A challenge is a challenge. A contest is a contest. It's a choice if you want to join. It's a privilege to participate. IT'S NOT A RIGHT!

If you follow the rules, then link it. If you have to tweak it so much that it doesn't really resemble the original challenge, then upload it to the gallery but don't link it. We want to see your work in the gallery. It's great to see what has inspired everyone. No one is telling you not to upload your cards to the gallery.

And following the sketch isn't a new thing. A little over a year ago, I tweaked a sketch and got called on the carpet for it in a comment. So, this is not new. Why it seems that way is because it happens a lot more frequently to the point people are wondering why we even bother with a sketch. (and LSC for that matter).

Sorry for the bad mood. I know that some people think I have endless patience, but I have my breaking point, too. And I think I reached it last night in the LSC.

Last month was my last VSN as a hostess. After many months of enjoying it, it wasn't fun anymore. Needless to say, this very well may be the last contest I hostess in the LSC.

I was worried this would happen. I just didn't realize why it would happen. If you read the original post, I mentioned that I didn't want any negativity.

Thank you to those of you who ask questions. I really don't mind them.

Bravo!!! I had to read through everything that has been posted because I wanted to see if anyone else said what I was feeling! You stated it perfectly!

"If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" (from Thumper on Bambi).

I, for one, have enjoyed your challenges, I might not always get to participate, but your ideas are incredible and inspirational. I hope you don't stop hostessing because of other people's negativity.

I can't wait to participate in this one - have never played much with the patterned paper...ideas are forming. Thanks for posting such an awesome challenge. I think I might have to turn this into a stamp camp in the near future.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:45 PM   #152
Pearl-ExPert

jen: i don't blame you for getting bogged down, but please know that the people who complain represent only 1% of us. anyway...

after looking at a submission i saw 2 DIFFERENT patterned papers. is that allowed (cause i'm itchin' to use some)
Old 09-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #153
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: My very hot stamp room, in Phoenix! It's a dry heat.

Jen, I finally got to read all the posts. I've been too busy trying to get all my creations finished. lol Anyway, don't let a bad apple or two spoil it for the rest of us -
PLEASE!!!!!
I tried really hard to comply with all the rules (I hope I did, I am such a rule follower), but then I kept telling myself - this is for fun! Now have fun! I did! I had a great time trying to figure out how to use every single scrap. I DID IT too! I even used the little bits I trimmed off of other things. It was funny! hee hee

Well, anyway,
Thank you! for doing all you do on SCS. I for one (out of thousands) really appreciate all your time (which I am amazed you share with all of us) to keep things fun and rolling along on this site. I love it!

My goodness people! Stamping = FUN! remember? Jen, I love ya girl! You're awesome!
Old 09-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #154
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzytobi
after looking at a submission i saw 2 DIFFERENT patterned papers. is that allowed (cause i'm itchin' to use some)
Join the club! It's so fun to combine patterned paper! This is what I've been telling people: If you use a second patterned paper, it should be minimal... like an accent. For example, faux ribbon or a tag... something small to accent the creation. Hope that makes sense.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:57 PM   #155
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Join the club! It's so fun to combine patterned paper! This is what I've been telling people: If you use a second patterned paper, it should be minimal... like an accent. For example, faux ribbon or a tag... something small to accent the creation. Hope that makes sense.
makes total sense... i'm only 3 entries into it, and i have to go buy ribbon. i'm really enjoying this. thanx!
Old 09-02-2006, 02:11 PM   #156
Hardware Hotshot

This is such a great challenge! I kinda lost my stampin mojo, but I started working on this last night, and I think I got my mojo back. Thanks for the awesome challenge! I can't wait to finish so I can upload.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #157
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzytobi
I'm one of the guilty parties. I used 2 different patterned papers on a couple of my cards... . I tried to follow the rules, I really did... the patterned paper question was asked afer I was 75% done with the challenge.

Jen, after looking at my submission and if you decide to DQ me based on being an idiot, that's o.k. Just let me know soon enough that I can try again.
P.S. I didn't do this for the contest, I did it because I wanted to have FUN, and I did
Old 09-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #158
Dirty Dozen Alumni

well, Jen, I got it done! and like I said....bass ackwards..... next time I'll wait before diving in...
it was fun though, I've never done an OSW before

here's the group
Old 09-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #159
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopePitstop
I'm one of the guilty parties. I used 2 different patterned papers on a couple of my cards... . I tried to follow the rules, I really did... the patterned paper question was asked afer I was 75% done with the challenge.

Jen, after looking at my submission and if you decide to DQ me based on being an idiot, that's o.k. Just let me know soon enough that I can try again.
P.S. I didn't do this for the contest, I did it because I wanted to have FUN, and I did
i'm not jen, but she said it was all good. and the only reason i asked was because your cards looked so pretty!
Old 09-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #160
Mad Swapper

Wow, this was hard for me! Thanks for making me stretch my mind Jen!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=11596