Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
This challenge was suggested by Christy S. when she found this cute card by Sue Robertson in the gallery.
The challenge: Use only white and one other color that is NOT a neutral.
* This is not a black & white challenge.
* This is not a monochromatic challenge (shades of one color... like pale plum and perfect plum... that's 2 colors.)
* Be careful of designer paper. Most have more than one color.
* Use as many embellishments, layers, and tools as you'd like.......
but just white and the one color of your choice.
If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!
Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows. One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Got to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
Last edited by CardFanatic; 04-03-2008 at 09:37 PM..
Reason: typos, clarification on monochromatic
Hmm, this sounded so familiar I went back and looked through my gallery and found one that "almost" fits the bill. I do detect a hint of apricot appeal in the center of the flowers though so I guess tomorrow I will have to tweak it some
Your challenge couldn't have come at a better time! I was checking to see if the new challenge was up when uploading my latest picture and guess what... I've been doing wedding invitation samples for a colleague and tried to keep 'em simple and streamlined, so I used only white and one accent colour.
There they are: Opened Closed
I also uploaded a picture of one the projects I presented on stage at the Montreal Regional last weekend, which also happens to feature white with my fave colour, Soft Sky:
Ok, this was the fastest challenge card I have ever made. Ever have one of those days when the card just happens without any effort? I used a layout I had used before but limited it to only Groovy Guava. I wish I had time to emboss the white elements and add some crayon resist to this. I might have to re-do it tomorrow. But, boy, I struggled soooo hard not to throw some basic grey, pomegranate or black into the mix !! Great challenge, Jen