Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2006, 05:44 PM   #401
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04
What's on your menu for the week? I'm behind on makin' my menu!!!

Let's see...to continue with my trend of late...I think tomorrow we are going to have london broil on the grill with baked potatoes and salad.

Tuesday, going out to dinner for 2 of my friends' birthdays

Wednesday, going out for ANOTHER friend's birthday

Thursday, picking up my 2 nephews, my niece, and of course having my own DD...I'm thinking PIZZA...(especially since I can't pick up my sister's kids until 6:30)

Friday...maybe chicken drumsticks with stovetop and a veggie...

Saturday, we have my nephew's First Communion, so we'll be eating at my sister's....

Have I mentioned that I think 3/4 of the people I know/or are related to are born in April??? Isn't it hot in June & July??? Whay don't people leave each other alone! All of these birthdays are going to send me to the poor house! At least for the people we go to dinner for there are no presents, but then we have 5 April nieces and nephews...UGH!

ok, sorry, back to dinner...good luck with you menu...I apparently don't have much to cook this week...I think I'm going to start being mean to people so they don't want to invite me anymore hee hee hee...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-16-2006, 05:59 PM   #402
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002
Let's see...to continue with my trend of late...I think tomorrow we are going to have london broil on the grill with baked potatoes and salad.

Have I mentioned that I think 3/4 of the people I know/or are related to are born in April??? Isn't it hot in June & July??? Whay don't people leave each other alone! All of these birthdays are going to send me to the poor house! At least for the people we go to dinner for there are no presents, but then we have 5 April nieces and nephews...UGH!
What cut of meat do you get?? Is it called London Broil?? When dh and I lived in California, we would cook London Broil A LOT!! We moved to Arkansas and can not find it, I'm wondering if it's just called something else here?? Also, it's been a few years (like 10) since we've cooked it, how do you grill it?? I think we put it in foil??

I was thinking about the April bday thing, too. We have a lot of bday parties to go too, and have been to, this month?? Oh well........
Old 04-16-2006, 06:19 PM   #403
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineb
ib89yu6n859 5oi6nu otigu bt uybtynyhg xj ith9 jhgjh ghjg oirroe4ek

HUH?
Old 04-16-2006, 07:09 PM   #404
Dirty Dozen Alumni

We had our traditional ham, scalloped potato, green bean casserole, corn and roll dinner for Easter. Luckily, I bought a huge ham around Christmas on sale and froze it, so I just used that. So I have LOTS of leftovers. I figure I am going to do the cheese tortellini, ham and peas that was posted recently! I bought some frozen tortellini from the Schwan's man on Tuesday just so I could do it!

Otherwise...I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow, so a lot will depend on what I find there on sale.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:20 AM   #405
Crimping Master

Quote:
HUH?
Oh my gosh, I bet my dd did that, she's such a good helper, posting for mommy when she's away from the computer, ggggrrrrr.........
Old 04-17-2006, 05:43 AM   #406
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
What cut of meat do you get?? Is it called London Broil?? When dh and I lived in California, we would cook London Broil A LOT!! We moved to Arkansas and can not find it, I'm wondering if it's just called something else here?? Also, it's been a few years (like 10) since we've cooked it, how do you grill it?? I think we put it in foil??

I was thinking about the April bday thing, too. We have a lot of bday parties to go too, and have been to, this month?? Oh well........

I usually get top round for london broil - that's what it says on the package...

I marinade it in one similar to the one posted...pretty much soy sauce, garlic, and a splash of italian dressing...(you could add some tenderizer as sometimes that cut can get tough...) and then we just put it on the grill, no foil...I usually reserve the marinade, and pour it on if it looks like it's starting to dry out.... good luck!
Old 04-17-2006, 05:55 AM   #407
Crimping Master

Quote:
I usually get top round for london broil - that's what it says on the package...

I marinade it in one similar to the one posted...pretty much soy sauce, garlic, and a splash of italian dressing...(you could add some tenderizer as sometimes that cut can get tough...) and then we just put it on the grill, no foil...I usually reserve the marinade, and pour it on if it looks like it's starting to dry out.... good luck!
THANK YOU
Old 04-17-2006, 07:06 AM   #408
Die Cut Diva

I have been in the grilling mood- we've had grilled food two out of the last three nights. Yummy!!!

So tonight I think I will do some chicken boobs on the grill in this marinade:

CHICKEN MARINADE

1 1/2 c. white vinegar
1 tbsp. salt
3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp. garlic powder
1 stick butter, melted
Pepper to taste

Mix ingredients. Marinade chicken several hours or overnight. Grill.

Side dishes??? I have been CRAVING tuna salad (always a summertime fav. in my house).

I make that with:

1 small onion
3-4 sticks of celery
1 can tuna (drained)
small box of creamett SMALL rings (cooked)
mayo
french dressing to add a little kick

Some people add frozen peas- but I can't eat anything other than fresh from the garden (gag)

Mix all together, cover and put into fridge to cool.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:04 AM   #409
Polyshrink Goddess

Speaking of London Broil - the restaurant I worked at in college used French dressing as their London Broil marinade and it was yummy!

I finally looked at my grill on Saturday (oops - left the darn thing out to the elements all winter w/ no cover) and just removed the upper grates which were rusted and it started up right away. SO... I'm using it tonight for the PC Mediterranean Steak Salad. May not be able to do a full salad with it, but I did the marinade - Balsamic Vinegrette, Garlic and Black Pepper (didn't have any Oregano). It looks yummy. Maybe serve it with some potatoes or brown rice.
What's been keeping me busy: http://inkpaperyarnohmy.blogspot.com/
Old 04-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #410
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Here's what we are having:

California Veggies & Pasta

1 (16 oz) pkg California frozen vegetables
1 (16 oz) pkg pasta any shape cooked according to pkg directions
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/3 c. milk
1 1/4 c. swiss cheese shredded, divided
2 c. cooked, cubed chicken or turkey

Mix the cream of mushroom soup & milk together. Stir in the frozen vegetables. Add 1 c. of cheese. Add cooked pasta & chicken. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top & bake an additional 5 minutes.

There are never any leftovers!

Old 04-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #411
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Technically London Broil is a recipe and not a cut of meat although some grocery stores label meat as "London Broil". London Broil, the recipe, gets its name from where it originated which is London somewhere around 1930. The London Broil recipe calls for flank steak that is marinated and then grilled or broiled. So if you can't find meat labeled London Broil in your store, look for flank steak. You could also use top round steak.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:27 AM   #412
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaker
Technically London Broil is a recipe and not a cut of meat although some grocery stores label meat as "London Broil". London Broil, the recipe, gets its name from where it originated which is London somewhere around 1930. The London Broil recipe calls for flank steak that is marinated and then grilled or broiled. So if you can't find meat labeled London Broil in your store, look for flank steak. You could also use top round steak.
Thanks for the info
Old 04-17-2006, 12:40 PM   #413
Die Cut Diva

How many of you go to the extra trouble to make your hamburgers flavored before you put them on the grill?

i like mine with a little green onion and some worstershire sauce.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #414
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
How many of you go to the extra trouble to make your hamburgers flavored before you put them on the grill?

i like mine with a little green onion and some worstershire sauce.

I like McCormick's Montreal Steak grill seasoning and worchestershire sauce.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #415
Matboard Maniac

I love to grill and since it has been so warm we've already been grilling a lot (although we are known for grilling even when the temperature is below zero). Tonight we are grilling flank steak. I didn't have time to make my usually marinade so I threw a little olive oil and some KC Materpiece seasoning (which I have never tried before) in a zip lock with the meat. Hope it's yummy. I think I will just bake potatoes and make a veggie.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #416
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaker
I like McCormick's Montreal Steak grill seasoning and worchestershire sauce.

Is the McCormick's just a seasoning? Then how much worchestershire sauce do you use?

The Chicken Marinade that I used tonight was very yummy!!! Had really good flavor, both DH and my MIL said that!!! I let that marinade for about 10 hrs. I also made the Tuna Noodle Salad and creamy cucumbers.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:31 PM   #417
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll have to try that chicken marinade...sounds yummy...

We had our steak, baked potatoes, and salad...mmmmm that's totally my favorite meal, so it was well enjoyed. DD even likes steak, so it's a bonus for me, no trying to convince her to try it...she actually even ate some baked potato...a big deal for her!

it was a winning night all around!
Old 04-18-2006, 04:10 AM   #418
Die Cut Diva

Tonight DH's buddy is coming over again to try and finish the playsystem that started to go up on FRIDAY!!!! The directions said the it should take 2 SKILLED workers 16 hours to assemble. Well only one is skilled and that's not DH, so right now we are on a total of about 15 hrs working on it. That's inbetween digging out dirt and getting it ready for a patio both here at my home and over at my MIL.

So anywho, I think I am going to make a CALZONE for those two and make something else for DS and I- maybe mac & cheese. Too much pizza or sauce gives me heart burn.

Last edited by Josephsmom04; 04-19-2006 at 10:41 AM..
Old 04-18-2006, 07:15 AM   #419
Pearl-ExPert

Well, we were away for Easter break, so now we are back. The cupboards are bare, so I am off to go grocery shopping, after a little scs surfing...

I will post what I am making after I see what grabs me at the store.
All around fun person to be around :)
Old 04-18-2006, 09:00 AM   #420
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Is the McCormick's just a seasoning? Then how much worchestershire sauce do you use?

The Chicken Marinade that I used tonight was very yummy!!! Had really good flavor, both DH and my MIL said that!!! I let that marinade for about 10 hrs. I also made the Tuna Noodle Salad and creamy cucumbers.
The Montreal Steak Seasoning (McCormicks) is on the spice aisle and comes in a jar. It's a combination of salt, pepper, garlic and other good stuff. I just shake some in the meat. The worchestershire sauce - again just several shakes. Sometimes hubby will shake a litte of the grill seasoning on the burgers as they are on the grill.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:21 AM   #421
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I'll have to try that chicken marinade...sounds yummy...

We had our steak, baked potatoes, and salad...mmmmm that's totally my favorite meal, so it was well enjoyed. DD even likes steak, so it's a bonus for me, no trying to convince her to try it...she actually even ate some baked potato...a big deal for her!

it was a winning night all around!
We had the same thing last night and it was yummy too! The Balsamic Vinegrette/Fresh Garlic marinade was great!

Tonight it's baked stuffed scallops... with more of the salad from last night... how easy is that?
Old 04-18-2006, 11:28 AM   #422
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I bought chicken legs and thighs....but I don't know if I'll make them tonight or not. I forgot to buy shake and bake...suppose I could do it with butter & seasoned salt, but I don't have any rice-a-roni, so I don't really have any side dish to make with it other than baked potatoes...will have to think some more...
Old 04-18-2006, 12:02 PM   #423
Kookie Creator

Send a message via MSN to scrapgirl72

Jan - you could slice up the potatoes or cube them and pan-fry or just quarter them and sprinkle with olive oil and seasoned salt and bake at 400 for 30 minutes (I think that's the amount of time) for "oven fries".

I'm loving all the ideas on here. I'm going to try some of them soon!

Mī Designs
Old 04-18-2006, 02:47 PM   #424
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapgirl72
Jan - you could slice up the potatoes or cube them and pan-fry or just quarter them and sprinkle with olive oil and seasoned salt and bake at 400 for 30 minutes (I think that's the amount of time) for "oven fries".

I'm loving all the ideas on here. I'm going to try some of them soon!

Oh- I wished I had some potatos!!! Right now I am cookin' for Dh and his Buddy while they work on DS's swingset and am makin' Manwich sloppy joes with packet butter noodles, and corn.

So blah!!!! I will write this down for the next time I'm in a crunch.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #425
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Oh- I wished I had some potatos!!! Right now I am cookin' for Dh and his Buddy while they work on DS's swingset and am makin' Manwich sloppy joes with packet butter noodles, and corn.

So blah!!!! I will write this down for the next time I'm in a crunch.
So are you going to share a pic of this swingset once it's done?
Old 04-18-2006, 03:31 PM   #426
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinamy16
So are you going to share a pic of this swingset once it's done?

I have 6 pictures left on my roll- which means I have 18 pictures of it already... So which ones do you want to see??? The first one of DH and his buddy sittin' havin' beers reading the 64 pg. BOOKLET, or the end product, or a few inbetween with some butt cracks?

I will be scrapbooking this project along with those two laying concrete for our patio!!! LOL
Old 04-18-2006, 05:14 PM   #427
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Well, I ended up baking the chicken with butter and seasoned salt, then making mac 'n cheese from a box (blue box) for the starch, plus I had a bag of salad, so I put some cucumber and tomato in that and cut cucumber spears out of the rest of this simply ginormous cucumber I had and some carrot sticks as well, which was the only thing that DS ate.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:24 PM   #428
Stazon Splitcoast

We went out for dinner with friends tonight (big birthday month...previously stated) ANYWAY, I had delicious Chicken Francese, and hubby had risotto, with sausage, mushrooms, and I'm not sure what else, we typically put the guys at one end, and we girls at the other, instead of trying to talk over one another....

DD had pizza with Nanny and Poopy, she was more than pleased....
Old 04-19-2006, 04:13 AM   #429
Die Cut Diva

Tonight I haven't decided yet. It's going to be either Clazones (which I was going to make last night) or Chicken Ceasar Bread Bowl Salads. Depends on how ambitious I get.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:05 AM   #430
Polyshrink Goddess

Tonight the Cambridge Brewing Company will be making us dinner.
now I have to choose what to have with my beer...

http://www.cambridgebrewingcompany.com/dinnermenu.htm

betcha DH will be going with the Fish & Chips...
Old 04-19-2006, 05:09 AM   #431
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinamy16
Tonight the Cambridge Brewing Company will be making us dinner.
now I have to choose what to have with my beer...

http://www.cambridgebrewingcompany.com/dinnermenu.htm

betcha DH will be going with the Fish & Chips...

Pan Roasted Statler Chicken Breast with garlic mashed potatoes,
green beans and a savory pan gravy

That's what I would pick!!!! Okay now I am really hungry!!!.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:28 AM   #432
Kookie Creator

Send a message via MSN to scrapgirl72
Default revision on the oven fries

I checked Allrecipes.com and it says 450 for 30 minutes. Line the baking sheet with foil and coat well with non-stick spray. Toss potato pieces, oil and spices in a large mixing bowl and spread on the baking sheet. You can use whatever spice mixture you wish - seasoned salt is the easiest because it's already mixed.

Mī Designs
Old 04-19-2006, 06:13 AM   #433
Pearl-ExPert

Question

Well, I decided to go with Fanny Farmer Macaroni and Cheese last night. It was so yummy! I love homemade Mac and Cheese and the kids had 2nds and 3rds. DH ate all most the rest of the pan. I made parmesan grilled toast and cubed it to put on top before baking. YUM! I let dd help make it and so she was more inclned to eat it.

Tonight is baked chicken, long grain rice and some veggies to be determined later. I might do a salad too, it has been a while since I made a salad.

That brings up a question... Do you all do a salad every night with dinner? My mom made a salad EVERY night - even when we had take out or Pizza. I loved it! But dh is not a salad person and the kids are too little to enjoy a good salad, so I kind of dropped the habit. I should probably start back up again just to counter all the processed foods we eat!
All around fun person to be around :)
Old 04-19-2006, 06:29 AM   #434
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I don't make a salad every night...it's stupid, because it's so easy now with the bagged salads! Part of the reason might be that we have teak salad bowls which have to be washed by hand and I am so much a dishwasher woman these days!

I have tried a lot of different mac 'n cheese recipes, but the one I usually go back to is the one I got from Weight Watchers magazine way way back...it's just macaroni, milk and velveeta...cook the macaroni, cube the velveeta, put it in a dish with the milk, then stir it up a couple of times while it bakes. Very easy.

My mom used to take the blue box stuff and after making it, she'd mix scrambled eggs (already cooked) in it, put it in a casserole and put bacon strips (already fried), and American cheese on top...soooo rich, but soooo good!
Old 04-19-2006, 09:06 AM   #435
Rubber Obsessor

Wink Sounds yummy!

Quote:
Tonight I haven't decided yet. It's going to be either Clazones (which I was going to make last night) or Chicken Ceasar Bread Bowl Salads. Depends on how ambitious I get.

I would love to have these two recipes. Especially the Caesar Salad Bread Bowl Salads.

With DH on Weight Watchers we have salad just about EVERY night! I LOVE it! This is the best time of year for veggies, too. I really don't like buying the salad in a bag...too expensive! I have also become addicted to Salad Toppins for a little extra crunch.

We are having BBQ chicken breasts, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, and I am trying the Lemon Artichoke soup (instead of salad) tonight.

The weather is WARM and sunny, perfect for grilling and to finish staining my deck (GIRL POWER! I did this ALL myself...24 hours and two tiers, and the underneath of the tallest tier...Spring Break week was home improvement week!)

stampin'diva
Jayme
Nothing will be impossible for you... Matthew 17:20

Jayme

My itty bitty gallery
Old 04-19-2006, 09:42 AM   #436
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanTInk
I don't make a salad every night...it's stupid, because it's so easy now with the bagged salads! Part of the reason might be that we have teak salad bowls which have to be washed by hand and I am so much a dishwasher woman these days!
That's what Tupperware is for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanTInk
My mom used to take the blue box stuff and after making it, she'd mix scrambled eggs (already cooked) in it, put it in a casserole and put bacon strips (already fried), and American cheese on top...soooo rich, but soooo good!
When I make it from a box (the purple one w/ the bunny - yum!) I add a can of drained tuna and it makes DH so happy.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:51 AM   #437
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin'diva
I would love to have these two recipes. Especially the Caesar Salad Bread Bowl Salads.

With DH on Weight Watchers we have salad just about EVERY night! I LOVE it! This is the best time of year for veggies, too. I really don't like buying the salad in a bag...too expensive! I have also become addicted to Salad Toppins for a little extra crunch.

We are having BBQ chicken breasts, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, and I am trying the Lemon Artichoke soup (instead of salad) tonight.

The weather is WARM and sunny, perfect for grilling and to finish staining my deck (GIRL POWER! I did this ALL myself...24 hours and two tiers, and the underneath of the tallest tier...Spring Break week was home improvement week!)

stampin'diva
Jayme
I always use this recipe only makes two bowls but you can check out this site and change the serving size

http://bread.allrecipes.com/az/ItlinBrdBwls.asp

Prep Time:30 MinutesCook Time:30 MinutesReady In:2 Hours 15 MinutesServings:Scaled to 2
Original recipe makes 8 (change)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon cornmeal
1/4 egg white
1/4 cup water

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
Add salt, oil and 4 cups flour to the yeast mixture; beat well. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well with an electric mixer at medium speed after each addition.
When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
Punch dough down, and divide into 8 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 4 inch round loaf. Place loaves on lightly greased baking sheets sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 35 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a small bowl, beat together egg white and 1 tablespoon water; lightly brush the loaves with half of this egg wash.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Brush with remaining egg mixture, and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks.
To make bowls: Cut a 1/2 inch thick slice from top of each loaf; scoop out centers, leaving 3/4-inch-thick shells. Fill bread bowls with hot soup and serve immediately.

As it says you can use it for soups, but I use it for salads. DH likes them because they soak up the Caeser dressing on the bottom and then he gets to eat that too!!!

The chicken: I fry chicken boobs in a frying pan with a little butter and sprinkle with LEMON PEPPER seasoning to add alittle extra taste to it. Cut into thick strips.

The salad: I usually just purchase the Caesar Salad packets, but you can do it on your own (which will be cheaper in the long run). You'll need: Romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese (shredded), croutons, and Caesar dressing (lite and as much as you desire) At this point you can add your chicken and toss everything together or wait and top salad with it.
Toss together in a main mixing bowl add to bread bowls. Eat.

CALZONES:

I tried making my own pizza dough in my bread machine then rolling it out last week when I made these, but the recipe that I found on the net was too thick for Calzones- more for a regular pizza (would be very good for that)
so tonight I am going to try the PILLSBURY Classic Pizza Dough in a can. I think that I will be able to roll that out thin enough for the top. Anywho;

roll out pizza dough- one end thin (this will be the top)

Add ingredients to thicker half- sauce, meat, cheese etc. then cover everything with the thin half. Press ends down like you would be making a pie to essentially "Close" the calzone, slice small holes in top for steam and to let the cheese melt and bake at 350 until golden brown. I will also be brushing some butter on the top this time.
I will let you know how it turns out this time.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:44 AM   #438
Die Cut Diva

I should add too that you can also do a chefs style bread bowl salad!

Add your normal lettuce, tomato, hardboiled egg, cheese, etc then top with thick chunks of ham and turkey or chicken along with your fav. dressing.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:55 AM   #439
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Jeanne Marie

We had salad everynight with dinner growing up too. Served AFTER we ate, not before. When did your mom serve it? I haven't been doing it, but with warm weather & better tomatoes coming, I might start. I kinda miss it My little man is too little for it also - but maybe I could convince my husband to give it a shot.

I love the purple box of mac & cheese - I stir salsa into mine - gotta try the tuna some time! Love this thread - so many great ideas!!
Old 04-19-2006, 12:19 PM   #440
Die Cut Diva

I have to ask...

What's the Blue Box and Purple Box? Is that a brand? Or just the color of a box and you can't think of the name?