Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #321
Watercolor Wizard

Diced onions, dice ham, diced mushrooms, diced jalapenos, eggs and cheese. All scrambled together is what my family is getting for din-din tonight!
It smells yummy in the house!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #322
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
Ha ha! We'll just have to wait and see. I think the dr saying "any day now" is making it worse because I keep expecting more than what's actually happening.

Today we tried Jan's theory of eating a bunch, so DH took me to Red Lobster and I ate WAY too much...and so far, all I have is a tummy ache from eating too much.
LOL

I went and had Mexican for lunch.

Tomorrow night is Tacos and if that doesn't do anything then Thursday night is Cajun Chicken Linguni.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:41 AM   #323
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Stampin_U.P._North

You girls are funny with trying to start labor. We tried EVERYTHING (EXCEPT castor oil) that we could think of to start labor with Emberlyn and it was a no go. Good luck to you both!

Tonight is going to be something hot, probably the tomato soup and crackers. I am SOO cold today, have the chills badly and can't shake them. I'm roasting the poor cats and dog outta the house.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:58 AM   #324
Die Cut Diva

Tonight is Tacos with all the fixin's.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #325
Crimping Master

Default encouraging labor and my weekly menu

The only suggestions I have for encouraging labor is having a big "O" with lots of nip stimulation in the process. I had a friend that her labor had stalled so her and her husband took turns stimulating her nips (avoiding the real word) to keep her in labor. I was there for the birth so I know it is true. Every time they stopped, the labor stopped! It was funny! She said they felt like hamburger meat afterwards from being rubbed raw. Poor thing! But it was still better than a c-section.

Seriously, i have heard that seamen (I now that is the wrong spelling, just don't want to attract the wrong kind of ads) has a hormone or somthing in it that softens the cervix and that an orgasm releases a similar cocktail of hormones as going into labor but in a smaller amount so that when that happens it could be enough to kick you into full labor. Lastly, the nip rubbing can release a hormone that will help too.

Good luck!

Ok now for my dinner menu for this week:

Monday night was Martha Stewarts Tilapia recipe that I think I got from the original thread and a new broccoli, swiss and french fried onion casserole that was sooooo yummy! Oh and cheese grits too.

Tonight is my son's 18th birthday and we had my husbands famous Jambalaya recipe and salad. My son chose that one.

Tomorrow is roasted turkey breast ( were on sale for $.49 a lb after thanksgiving so I had to buy it) and the other half of our stuffing that I froze on TG day. We will also have baked potatoes and some sort of veggie that is yet to be determines.

Thursday is taco salad night.

Friday is a chicken, sausage and pasta dish that is really good.

Have a great week everyone and let me know if anyone wants a recipe.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #326
Stazon Splitcoast

The kids decided on corn dogs and french fries for dinner. I'm not sure what I'll eat because I cannot stomach corn dogs.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #327
Watercolor Wizard

Chorizo Tacos and Homemade Refried Beans (cooked in bacon grease)
Old 12-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #328
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Tuna casserole and canned peas. Tomorrow I'm thinking of making vegetable beef soup. I have to take my kids to the dentist and I could get it made during the day, put some frozen dough out to rise, then leave it simmering on the back burner while I do the dentist with the kids, then bake the bread when I get home. I usually make too much soup to put into the crock pot or I would use that instead.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #329
Die Cut Diva

I decided against the tacos and went for the Cajun Chicken Linguni tonight. The little guy is really moving tonight with all the spice.

I made two batches one minus the noodles to put in the freezer.

So some news on the baby front...

If I don't go into natural labor, I will be induced on Monday evening. So here's to hoping that some spicy food will get us going.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:30 AM   #330
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post

If I don't go into natural labor, I will be induced on Monday evening. So here's to hoping that some spicy food will get us going.
Congrats on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! I go in tomorrow morning to find out if the dr still wants to induce this weekend. DH really wants to wait for Monday, so we might be there at the same time....!

Last night I made the Jumbo Meatball recipe that I got from our previous thread (the ones that have Stove Top in them) and they were so yummy.

Today, I'm off to the grocery store to try to stock up my pantry and freezer. Ugh...it's exhausting just to think about. It's one thing to fill the cart and purchase it all, but it's something else entirely to have to lug it in the house and find a place to put it all. If I win the lottery, that's going to be my first "purchase": a person to just put my groceries away.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:18 AM   #331
Die Cut Diva

I hear ya Stef-

we have a split level house so when you walk in you either go upstairs or downstairs from the landing.

I hate hauling up and putting groceries away. Atleast Jesse is learning that when I bring them in he has to get them up the stairs.

Tonight is supposed to be pork chops, but I am so tired right now I don't even want to take them out of the freezer.

I suppose I should get them out so the boys can eat, right?

Maybe a nap day again for me today.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 AM   #332
Stampin' Fool

Default I made this last night

I copied an email I sent to some of my friends/family. I'm STILL cracking up at what my 7yr old dd said - she was the first one to the table and began praying by herself. I was the only one who heard this, as she was praying somewhat to herself.

Read on:

Hi! I tried this recipe tonight and everyone in my family liked it (of those that were willing to try it, that is. someone will be trying it for breakfast). You know how picky children can be. The girls and I placed bets on whether Todd would need ketchup on it; sure enough, he did (and not because it wasn't good!) Thought I would share it with you. I left out the jalapeños & cayenne pepper and substituted shredded cheddar for processed cheese. I found it on Allrecipes.com.
The best part was at the end of the meal prayer Gabrielle said, "Dear Lord, please help me eat this soup because it looks gross but I want it to taste good, Amen."
~Enjoy~
Kelly
(yes, Gabrielle liked it!)

Cheeseburger Soup

"Wonderful soup for those cold, rainy or snowy days! My family absolutely loves this hearty soup. The warming zip of cayenne gives it a taste all its own. This is also excellent to reheat in the microwave for a fast meal."

PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 35 Min
READY IN 55 Min

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
2 carrots, grated
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
1 pound ground beef
2 1/2 cups milk, divided
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 pound processed American cheese, cubed
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

DIRECTIONS
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine water, potatoes, carrots, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic. Sprinkle salt and bouillon over the mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown; drain.
Stir cooked beef and 2 cups milk into the soup and heat through. Combine remaining 1/2 cup milk with flour, stirring until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, 3 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese until melted. Season with cayenne.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:33 AM   #333
Die Cut Diva

Super cute prayer!!!!

I would love to be a fly on a wall somedays in my DS's pre-k room too. You really wonder sometimes were they come up with the things that they say!!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #334
Crimping Master

Quote:
I decided against the tacos and went for the Cajun Chicken Linguni tonight. The little guy is really moving tonight with all the spice.

I made two batches one minus the noodles to put in the freezer.

I would love a copy of the recipe for Cajun Chicken Linguine. That is if you have time between creating a new life and all.

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #335
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutpup View Post
I would love a copy of the recipe for Cajun Chicken Linguine. That is if you have time between creating a new life and all.

Thanks!
Sure:

This was originally posted by Stampin' EZ in the first thread so I will just repeat what she has written down.

Cajun Chicken Pasta
Ingred:

4 oz linguini noodles
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
2 tbsp butter
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
4 fresh mushrooms
1 green onion, minced
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese

Directions:

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini pasta cook until al dente; drain.

Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
In a large skillet over med. heat saute chicken in butter until no longer pink and juices run clear. Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushroooms and green onions cook for 2 to 3 mins. Reduce heat, stir in heavy cream. Season the sauce with basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through. In a large bowl, toss linguinin with sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

Now of course this would be for two people but since we have 4 people in our family and a hubby who LOVES this I double the recipe everytime.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #336
Die Cut Diva

I should add too that I pump up the amount of Cajun seasonig because we like things spicy and so does Joey.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #337
Dirty Dozen Alumni

That's one I've been meaning to try, so maybe I'll get to the meat market this week and get some chicken breasts.

Well, I didn't get my soup started. Meat doesn't defrost in my fridge very fast and I took out the small chuck roast I had bought to make soup with to defrost and it's still frozen. So that will be tomorrow.

I don't know about tonight...maybe it will be Wendy's. I think that's what I will end up doing.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #338
Stazon Splitcoast

I think we're having pork chops. However I'm at a loss as to how to fix them. And what to have for sides.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #339
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin_U.P._North View Post
I think we're having pork chops. However I'm at a loss as to how to fix them. And what to have for sides.
We are going to have chops...

My MIL always puts hers in the CP with Cream of Mushroom soup but Joey won't eat them like and I think that they're too plain.

So I fry them in my electric frying pan with some (lots) of butter. Gives it a nice coating.

THen I usually pair them with julieen potatoes or butter and herb taters with either mixed veggies or green beans.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #340
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We are going to have chops...

My MIL always puts hers in the CP with Cream of Mushroom soup but Joey won't eat them like and I think that they're too plain.

So I fry them in my electric frying pan with some (lots) of butter. Gives it a nice coating.

THen I usually pair them with julieen potatoes or butter and herb taters with either mixed veggies or green beans.
Thanks Michelle! I think that sounds quick and easy.

I have SOOO much to do and NO motivation to get it done. I still haven't made Emberlyn's birthday invites and those NEED to get done and out, my Christmas cards are sitting on my crafting table probably collecting dust and I have about 50 projects that need to be completed.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #341
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin_U.P._North View Post
DH ONLY likes them done with Shake & Bake...I get a little tired of them that way.

My dad used to season and sear them, then add cream of mushroom soup, milk, and fresh mushrooms and let it simmer for a bit (30 min or so). Then, it always seemed to pair best with mashed potatoes, since it had the yummy mushroom-gravy.

Tonight I'm making lasagna. Instead of a huge pan, I'm making it in a few of those cheap aluminum throw-away style bread pans so we can eat one tonight and I'll freeze the rest for after the baby gets here.

A trick I'll share with you about the lasagna...a good friend of mine owns a restaurant and told me to add an extra cup of liquid to my sauce (either water or broth, whichever you prefer) and DON"T cook the noodles beforehand. Make your layers, as usual, and bake until hot and bubbly. THE TRICK IS:DON"T use the oven-ready noodles, just use the regular noodles. To me, sometimes the oven ready ones end up with a weird texture... Somehow, doing it this way always seems to work out perfectly.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #342
Pearl-ExPert

Tonight we had homemade Chili and toast.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:11 AM   #343
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm planning on doing a Hawaiian chicken tonight, IF I can find the recipe again. I have a horrible headache that I can't shake. I think part of it is that our bedroom is so dry, have to get Ryan to break out the humidifier and put that going to see if it helps.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:27 AM   #344
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Today I have my vegetable soup going and pulled the frozen bread dough out of the freezer and have it in the pans to rise. For the soup I chopped an onion and 3 stalks of celery, threw it in my soup pot, then cut up my chuck roast and threw that in. I decided to brown everything first...I usually skip that, but it does add some flavor. Then added about 2 quarts of water and a couple of bay leaves, brought it to a boil, then skimmed the foam off the top and it's going to simmer a good long time.

After that, I usually throw in more veggies: frozen corn, peas, and green beans, a can of chopped tomatoes with the liquid, some fresh cabbage, carrots and potatoes, then some beef bouillon crystals, a clove of garlic, a little Kitchen Bouquet, and some V-8 juice. Then I cook it until the potatoes are soft and then I cook it some more. It always tastes better the next day, but it tastes darned good the first day too! It's really my favorite soup, but I'm an equal opportunity soup lover. Must dig out my Italian Soup cookbook I bought a while back and do some experimenting with new recipes...
Old 12-11-2008, 05:05 PM   #345
Die Cut Diva

DD and I had grilled cheese sandwiches tonight for dinner, but I cooked up some beef stew to eat this weekend. (I had stew meat defrosted in the fridge that could not go another day without cooking it.) I tasted some of the 'broth' (the veggies aren't cooked) and OH MY is it delicious!!!!

I'm warming it up on the stove and will either throw it in the crockpot overnight or on Saturday. (Need the crockpot for the bbq I'm cooking for tomorrow for DH's bday party.)

It's basically this recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hearty-...il.aspx?strb=1

But I browned the beef first, deglazed the pan with some beef broth. Made a roux with 1/4 c butter and 1/4c flour and then added everything to the pot. Needed more than 2 c of beef broth, though. The way it was (I assume cuz I did the whole roux thing...) was almost gravy. It's simmering on the stove now, but it tastes sooo good. I was too lazy to chop onions or garlic (and I really don't care for chopped onions in this kind of thing anyway - if I had pearl onions I would have used those.) I used TS Onion^2 and Garlic^2 instead.

I can only imagine how awesome this will taste tomorrow!!!

Next task: Bake a German Chocolate cake for my DH for his birthday. It's his birthday present; I usually make him one every year. However, the cookbook I have the recipe in is boxed up in anticipation of our move (so much for moving in August!!!!) so I'm trying a new recipe tonight. Let's hope it works!!

Tomorrow's task: Cooking BBQ ribs. I bought 5 racks of them at Michelle's favorite grocery store tonight. DH thinks I'm nuts for serving a meal I have never cooked before, but they are RIBS. IN THE OVEN. How hard can they be?????
Old 12-12-2008, 02:30 AM   #346
Insane Embellisher

Well, I made up 3 lasagnas on Wednesday night, cooked one and froze the other 2. I have to admit, the one I baked turned out FANTASTIC. I forgot just how good homemade lasagna tastes. I also neglected to mention in my earlier lasagna-related-post that you'll want to increase your cooking time by about 10-20 minutes if you're not going to boil the noodles.

I think today I'm going to make some chili in the CP and freeze half to have later on. I'll probably serve it with some good cornbread and "toppings" (cheese, sour cream, etc).

SO....Michelle, referring back to your post a week or so ago....I hope you're still speaking to me next week. I know you're scheduled to be induced on Monday and I just found out we're going to be induced on...Sunday. I promise I wasn't trying to race! Lol. The dr wanted to do it this weekend (starting Sat evening) but I shared with her DH's unrational belief that Saturday the 13th would be bad luck, so she agreed to start the ball rolling Sunday morning instead.

Cross your fingers for no complications and a healthy baby and mommy! And I'll be doing the same for you, Michelle.

I hope to get back on here within a few days, but just in case I can't with the baby and the company that will undoubtedly swoop in on us....Happy Holidays to you ladies (and gents, if there are any lurking)!
Old 12-12-2008, 04:03 AM   #347
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Stef! You and baby will be in my thoughts. Congrats! You will have to pop in and let us know though PLEASE? And if you can't I will and do understand . Happy Holidays to you too!
Old 12-12-2008, 04:08 AM   #348
Stazon Splitcoast

Tomorrow is going to be so busy for us. Santa at 10am. Then to a funeral viewing from 10-11 (my Great Aunt passed away on Wed. from a battle with cancer), lunch immediately following at the church. Then we will come home and make the kids dinner. They decided that they want the cheese tortellini salad and then Ryan and I are going to his work Christmas party so we'll eat there, although they won't say what's on the menu .

Sunday we're doing BBQ beef ribs (in the crockpot) and cheesy potatoes at the request of Logan. I will be finishing up my Christmas projects on Sunday because Monday begins another crazy week for us.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #349
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
Well, I made up 3 lasagnas on Wednesday night, cooked one and froze the other 2. I have to admit, the one I baked turned out FANTASTIC. I forgot just how good homemade lasagna tastes. I also neglected to mention in my earlier lasagna-related-post that you'll want to increase your cooking time by about 10-20 minutes if you're not going to boil the noodles.

I think today I'm going to make some chili in the CP and freeze half to have later on. I'll probably serve it with some good cornbread and "toppings" (cheese, sour cream, etc).

SO....Michelle, referring back to your post a week or so ago....I hope you're still speaking to me next week. I know you're scheduled to be induced on Monday and I just found out we're going to be induced on...Sunday. I promise I wasn't trying to race! Lol. The dr wanted to do it this weekend (starting Sat evening) but I shared with her DH's unrational belief that Saturday the 13th would be bad luck, so she agreed to start the ball rolling Sunday morning instead.

Cross your fingers for no complications and a healthy baby and mommy! And I'll be doing the same for you, Michelle.

I hope to get back on here within a few days, but just in case I can't with the baby and the company that will undoubtedly swoop in on us....Happy Holidays to you ladies (and gents, if there are any lurking)!
They're really inducing you early. Is everything okay? Yes I will still speak to you. I hope that you have a safe delivery and everything goes smoothly.

I have already asked (besides family) that all visitors hold off until after the holidays. Since my MIL took off Mon, Tues, and Wed. I should be home on Thursday by myself with a newborn and a preschooler (DH has 6 appointments scheduled since he though his mom would be around). I'm a little ticked off right now. She works a part time postition and has an easier time taking off than my mom who works a full time job.

Another thread...

Tonight I think will be either pizza or turkey and gravy. It was supposed to be BBQ ribs, but I'm just not in the mood for those.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:26 AM   #350
Inking Addict

It's sweet potatoe season here in Texas. I love the darn things. One of the few really good for you things I like. Hate baking and peeling them, though. The other night I discovered an incredibly easy way to prepare them because I didn't have enough time to bake them. Here goes.

2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
1 stick of butter
2 tbsps of Splenda

Boil sweet potatoes in water with a little salt until the potatoes are soft.
Drain water.
Throw in a stick of butter and two tablespoons of Splenda and mash like regular potatoes. This is good enough to eat for dessert!

Enjoy!
Old 12-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #351
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
They're really inducing you early. Is everything okay? Yes I will still speak to you. I hope that you have a safe delivery and everything goes smoothly.
Yes, everything is fine. We'll end up being about 6 days early, which is not too bad. My b.p. was a tad high at the last 2 appointments so yesterday she checked the baby's lungs/heart/brain/etc and said she was good to go so there was no reason to wait until the b.p caused problems (liver/kidney issues for example). I'm just excited to have a "deadline".

I'll try to check back sometime next week. Good luck! I'll be thinking of you.

Tonight for dinner...I haven't a clue. I went to the store today to finish stocking up my pantry and fridge and I'm absolutely exhausted. It may be a day for one of DH's experiments.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #352
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I reheated soup for DH & I and got the kids Little Caesar's. I noticed they had pork sirloin roasts at the grocery store for $1.99 per pound...thinking I may get one, but not sure how to cook one of those? Looked like two pork loins in a net bag to me. I'll have to check allrecipes.com.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #353
Stazon Splitcoast

Good luck to Michelle and Stef!!! WOW - I can't believe it's already here...and I must admit, I'm just a wee bit jealous of those new baby snuggles...though DD#2 is still pretty cute...check her out...
http://tmcuccia.blogspot.com/2008/12/perfect.html

I've been MIA - not doing too much REAL cooking, running around shopping, going to events, and such.

We did come up with a quick easy meal that the girls both scarf down with no begging... my SUPER easy salisbury steak...

fry up Bubba burgers in a pan - drain the fat, add brown gravy with onions, serve over rice with a veggie...DONE. The girls love it, and it's super quick.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #354
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanTInk View Post
I reheated soup for DH & I and got the kids Little Caesar's. I noticed they had pork sirloin roasts at the grocery store for $1.99 per pound...thinking I may get one, but not sure how to cook one of those? Looked like two pork loins in a net bag to me. I'll have to check allrecipes.com.
I found this on chow.com:

Pork sirloin

Other Names: Roasts: Chuletero or cadera (Spanish), chump (British), fondello, carré, or culatello (Italian), hip-bone roast, loin end roast, loin pork roast, sirloin end roast, sirloin roast, surlonge (French). Steaks and Cutlets: Boneless butt steak, costilla asadera (Spanish, butt steak), sirloin cutlet, sirloin steak.
General Description: The pork sirloin (NAMP 410A) is a fairly lean and economical roast that includes parts of both the backbone and the complicated hipbone. A whole bone-in sirloin can be difficult to carve, so it’s usually best to get a rolled and tied boneless sirloin roast. A pork sirloin butt steak is made up of many different muscles, some more tender than others, but all with full-bodied pork flavor. It is a popular cut among Mexicans. Sirloin is rather lean, so be careful not to overcook.
Part of Animal: The sirloin is the upper hip section of the loin primal, which runs along the back. A bone-in sirloin roast will also contain the larger butt end of the tenderloin.
Characteristics: Pork sirloin is moderately tender, lean, and versatile with excellent flavor.
How to Choose: For ease of carving, buy a boned, rolled, and tied sirloin roast. You may order a roast of two top butt sirloins tied together for a regularly shaped rolled roast. - sounds like this is what they have at your store...
Amount to Buy: A boneless sirloin will weigh about 8 pounds and is large enough to feed 15 to 20 people. Allow 3/4 pound per person for bone-in sirloin; 1/2 pound per person for boneless sirloin.
Storage: Store sirloin roasts up to 3 days refrigerated; store cutlets and cubes up to 2 days refrigerated.
Preparation:
  1. Season roast with spices as desired, then place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan, uncovered.
  2. Roast at 325°F until the internal temperature reaches 150°F at the thickest point.
  3. Remove from the oven, cover with foil, and allow to rest for 15 to 30 minutes, for the temperature to even out and the juices to be reabsorbed into the meat. The temperature will rise about 5°F.
Flavor Affinities: Allspice, caraway, chipotle chiles, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, dark rum, garlic, limes, sage, shallots, sherry.

Happy Cooking!!
Old 12-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #355
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'm thinking that any recipe that uses a pork loin roast will work with the sirloin, since they are both very lean.

Right now, I'm eying a recipe on a cookbook I have called, "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook". It is pork roast with potatoes, onions, garlic and sauerkraut. I know I would like this, but would DH? It calls for 8 to 10 hours of cooking time, so it should be really mellow and tasty when it is done.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:44 PM   #356
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanTInk View Post
I'm thinking that any recipe that uses a pork loin roast will work with the sirloin, since they are both very lean.

Right now, I'm eying a recipe on a cookbook I have called, "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook". It is pork roast with potatoes, onions, garlic and sauerkraut. I know I would like this, but would DH? It calls for 8 to 10 hours of cooking time, so it should be really mellow and tasty when it is done.
Can I come for dinner?? sounds delish
Old 12-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #357
Die Cut Diva

Location: In a hostile frozen wasteland...waiting for spring!
Send a message via MSN to Dione

Tonight honey garlic turkey meatballs and rice
Old 12-13-2008, 05:08 PM   #358
Die Cut Diva

Tonight was a hodge podge of foods.

Last night we had the turkey and potatoes.

Tonight for me was a salad, apple and leftover turkey

DH had a turkey sandwich and pizza (totinos)

DS had an apple and pizza (half of dads)

Then we all had shakes.

Great meal huh?!?!
Old 12-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #359
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Tonight was a hodge podge of foods.

Last night we had the turkey and potatoes.

Tonight for me was a salad, apple and leftover turkey

DH had a turkey sandwich and pizza (totinos)

DS had an apple and pizza (half of dads)

Then we all had shakes.

Great meal huh?!?!
sounds perfect to me Michelle
Old 12-13-2008, 05:24 PM   #360
Stazon Splitcoast

Tonight we made Calzones, a la disney cookbook. The Magic Kitchen Cookbook, to be exact. I let DD pick out the recipe. I changed it a wee bit though. The original recipe did not call for ricotta cheese...I can't have a calzone without ricotta...so I added that in.

The only thing I might do differently is use REAL pizza dough, instead of the p-bury kind...it was a little too sweet for my taste (and DH's too)

Tomorrow I'm making a big pot of sauce, meatballs, and sausage...it's been a while, so I'll make it and freeze it.