Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #281
Die Cut Diva

No change. He's still to high.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #282
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Tonight we had sloppy joes and Schwan's quick bake fries...they are really good done on my Pampered Chef large bar pan.

I make my sloppy joes really easy: 2 pounds of ground beef, browned and drained, then add about 1/2 to 2/3 cup mild salsa (I like the fresh chunky stuff), 1/3 to 1/2 cup ketchup, then brown sugar to taste (about 1 tbsp. to 2 tbsp. depending on how sweet you like it.)
Old 12-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #283
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to ktdid

Alright! The tutorial is finished! Woot!
It's my very first one...my hat is off to the talented ladies who do them for SCS all the time! They're kind of a pain!! (The tutorials, that is...not the people who write them!!)

If you want to see it, it's on my blog.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:18 AM   #284
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Stampin_U.P._North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
I promised DH spaghetti and meatballs tonight, so I guess that's what we'll be having. I'm going to cheat on the meatballs, though, and go with frozen. Probably bread and a nice big salad to go with it.

Did everyone have a nice Turkey day? Ours was....exciting. I went into labor Thursday night and stayed at the hospital until mid-day Friday, when it fizzled out out on it's own. Because I'm a couple weeks early, they didn't want to use meds to re-start it and sent us home. DH says she (the baby) is just teasing us. Looks that way.
Oooooo!!! Pretty soon she'll be here!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:20 AM   #285
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not sure what we'll have tonight. Ryan gets done with work at 5, he'll scoot home so that I can go to the elementary school to decorate Ashlynn's stocking for 5:30, so I told him that he can be in charge of cooking dinner tonight . I have one home sick again today. We're trying to get her in to see the doctor.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:14 AM   #286
Stazon Splitcoast

How exciting for the new babies coming soon!

Stef - My mom went into labor Thanksgiving night and I was born the next day - 5 weeks early. They were expecting a Christmas baby, guess I had other plans.

Jaclyn - Sorry for the sick kiddos.

We had burgers last night since DH was feeling better and wanted something greasy. Just what my expanded butt needed! Tonight will be chicken - not sure how I'm cooking it yet - but chicken it is!
Old 12-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #287
Die Cut Diva

Last night was French Toast, fried egg sandwiches and ham steak.

Tonight will be Pecan Crusted Chicken boobs (not made by me pre-made at the store) and some potatoes.

Not sure what Joey will eat maybe just chicken nuggets and taters.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #288
Stazon Splitcoast

Yup, I tell Ryan he's in charge of making dinner and here it is 7:05 and we STILL haven't eaten .
Old 12-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #289
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Well, you will ALL be jealous of my family, because we had tetrazzini...except this time we had TURKEY tetrazzini!!

Yes, turkey works very well in the Chicken Tetrazzini recipe...as does tuna, if you're in a pinch. My husband consumed mass quantities, my oldest DD had some and said she loved it (though she ended up eating a bowl of cereal too after her small portion.) I had enough left over for lunch for a couple of days.

I chopped up all the leftover turkey and had enough for this dinner, plus one more. I put the rest in the freezer so sometime next month I'll make turkey tetrazzini again.

We also had mixed vegetables and crescent rolls.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:16 AM   #290
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not sure what we'll be having tonight. I have to dig around in the freezer for something to throw into the crockpot. It's going to be a LOONG day. I've been up off and on since 2:30, worried that Ryan was going to over sleep and not make it to work on time. Then Emberlyn woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. So down we came. I made some hot cocoa and gave her a bottle and watched the weather. BAD IDEA. We're under a Lake Effect Snow Warning and could get up to 16 inches of snow today through tomorrow morning. UGH. All I want to do is to crawl back into bed and curl up under my blankets. But alas, I cannot. The kids will have to get up for school here shortly and I'm sure it'll be another fight today. Hopefully Brooklyn will be feeling better, but I haven't taken her temp since last night. Hope y'all have a good day.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #291
Stazon Splitcoast

I decided what I'm making for dinner tonight. I'm going to fry up some pork sausage with some taters and eggs and onions and top it with cheese...... or something like that .
Old 12-04-2008, 09:14 AM   #292
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin_U.P._North View Post
I decided what I'm making for dinner tonight. I'm going to fry up some pork sausage with some taters and eggs and onions and top it with cheese...... or something like that .
Sounds yummy! Your snow storm does not. I think it is around 60 and sunny here in the Bay Area. I'll try to send some your way.

We are having turkey leftovers. Probably just heated with gravy and maybe hubby will want his as an open faced sandwich. I think we have leftover stuffing still too. He is leaving tomorrow for the weekend, so I don't want all this food around.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #293
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Kids loved it! They put ketchup on it though. YAY ME!! LOL
Old 12-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #294
Die Cut Diva

Anything with Ketchup works.

I ended up making grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for DS and DH and then I had just a grilled cheese.

We all had waffel fries.

Chocolate shakes to come.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:01 AM   #295
Insane Embellisher

Michelle, your new photo is so cute!

We had leftovers yesterday since I was pretty exhausted after my dr appointment. My bp was up a little bit so she's asked me to take it easy until next week and if it's still high she wants to consider inducing next weekend (!). We'll just have to wait and see... I told DH, and after his initial shock and worry wore off, he said he might need to talk to the dr because he would prefer not to have her birthday on the 13th, since some years it will fall on a Friday. Men. He is nuts.

Tonight, I'm not sure what we'll have. My sister makes a really tasty scalloped potato dish with ham in it...I might call her and get the recipe since that sounds kind of good. Maybe with a big salad?
Old 12-05-2008, 07:04 AM   #296
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Last night we had baked chicken, with butter & seasoned salt, rice-a-roni and peaches.

I was thinking meat loaf for tonight, but maybe not. I think probably spaghetti. I'm up for that!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:11 AM   #297
Stazon Splitcoast

Stef - How exciting! My husband's grandfather was born on Friday, Dec 13th. He will be 91 next week.

We had warm open faced turkey sandwiches last night with green beans. Tonight I think I'll make my stamping friend and I "Chinese Chicken Salad." I have a chicken breast that needs to be cooked and it would be an easy and healthy meal. I'll have to check with her.

I'm on my own tomorrow too, so maybe turkey pot pie since I need to use it up.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:21 AM   #298
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyStamper View Post
Stef - How exciting! My husband's grandfather was born on Friday, Dec 13th. He will be 91 next week.
Wow! My father's birthday is Jan 13th and I asked him last night if he cared on the years it was on a friday and he laughed and said he usually never even noticed. DH is so goofy.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:28 AM   #299
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

We had leftovers yesterday since I was pretty exhausted after my dr appointment. My bp was up a little bit so she's asked me to take it easy until next week and if it's still high she wants to consider inducing next weekend (!). We'll just have to wait and see... I told DH, and after his initial shock and worry wore off, he said he might need to talk to the dr because he would prefer not to have her birthday on the 13th, since some years it will fall on a Friday. Men. He is nuts.

Tonight, I'm not sure what we'll have. My sister makes a really tasty scalloped potato dish with ham in it...I might call her and get the recipe since that sounds kind of good. Maybe with a big salad?

DH has been asking if I can wait until next Saturday too- OOOOHHHH maybe we can have our babies on the same day. Giggle.

P.S. My b-day is on the 13th and my golden b-day was Friday the 13th.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:36 AM   #300
Die Cut Diva

I have no idea what to make tonight-

I haven't been to the grocery store in two weeks so it maybe chicken tenders and boxed potatoes or Blue Box Mac and Cheese.

I know that we are going out at some point in time to Space Aliens since Joey wanted to go yesterday, but I figure we can go when we're not so tired after swimming.

I'll tell Joey that you think his picture with Santa is cute- it took about 3 weeks to convince him to actually see Santa then when I told him to write a list he was all for it.

His list: MATER and McQueen (but he wrote cars).
Old 12-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #301
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm keeping you in my thoughts, Stef. How goofy about the 13th. My aunt and uncle got married on Friday the 13th. It's actually a tradition in her family.

Ooo scalloped potatoes with ham sounds YUMMY!! And equally good with a salad. Sounds SO much better than the goulash that Ryan is making tonight for dinner.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #302
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
I'm keeping you in my thoughts, Stef. How goofy about the 13th. My aunt and uncle got married on Friday the 13th. It's actually a tradition in her family.

Ooo scalloped potatoes with ham sounds YUMMY!! And equally good with a salad. Sounds SO much better than the goulash that Ryan is making tonight for dinner.
I think the fact that Ryan is making it might make it taste better....John likes to cook when he's in the mood but sometimes that turns into more of an "experiment" than a "meal". I shouldn't complain, but for some reason the guy cannot follow a recipe. No, it's more that he won't. Crazy guy ALWAYS has to add something or tweak the recipe just a little, even if it is one that he loves. And I have to kind of keep an eye on him or he will add EVERY spice we have to the dish...certain things just don't sit well on my tongue. Meatloaf with cinnamon, for example. Spaghetti noodles simmered in water with TONS of bay leaves. Oh well. At least he tries!
Old 12-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #303
Die Cut Diva

So Jesse BEGGED that we go to the store today- UGGG shopping with two boys- NOT my idea of fun.

We are off now to Shopko and then to either Space Aliens or Applebee's for dinner.

We go grocery shopping and then eat out- why does that always seem to happen?
Old 12-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #304
Stazon Splitcoast

Tonight we roasted 3 chicken breasts and seasoned them with a little bit of Lawry's. Then thinly sliced some potatoes, tossed them with some EVOO and for the kids seasoned them with Lawry's and for us we used Tupperwares Italian Seasoning. Green beans and apple sauce for the sides. The kids ate like they hadn't eaten in days. The plainest (is that a word?) meal we've made in a LONG time and they LOVED it. So much for spiffing things up .
Old 12-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #305
Stazon Splitcoast

We're having scalloped potatoes with ham tonight, thanks Stef!
Old 12-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #306
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Yesterday we reheated the spaghetti and had it again, then cooked popcorn in the evening.

Today, it was grilled cheese and tomato soup for DH, chicken noodle for the girls.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #307
Die Cut Diva

It's SNOWING

I have a love/ hate relationship with snow. It's so pretty and peaceful when it's falling but I loath the cold and shoveling.

Tonight we (Jesse and I) are having steaks and Joey just had "Cars" soup with peaches on the side.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #308
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
We're having scalloped potatoes with ham tonight, thanks Stef!

You're welcome! I'm glad someone had it, since we ended up having one of John's "experiments" instead. Maybe later this week...
Old 12-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #309
Die Cut Diva

Patty melts tonight. I don't think I've ever made them before. They were Num, Num, Nummy.

I was thinking about doing bbq ribs in the crockpot, but was too lazy to go to the store to get some. (Really lazy... the grocery store is about two blocks from my house.) When my mom showed up with my crockpot (from thanksgiving), I remembered I couldn't have done them anyway! So I may pick some ribs up tomorrow and make them one night this week.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #310
Stazon Splitcoast

Denise - I'm the same way, the store is right around the corner and I'll put it off as long as possible!

We had shrimp scampi and shrimp with a can of tomatoes over rice.

Tomorrow we are having a pork tenderloin, I just need to figure out how I want to season it up. Then I'll figure out the side dishes.

I have to go to the store tomorrow, blech! We need more veggies and yogurt.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:36 AM   #311
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingdenise View Post
Patty melts tonight. I don't think I've ever made them before. They were Num, Num, Nummy.

I was thinking about doing bbq ribs in the crockpot, but was too lazy to go to the store to get some. (Really lazy... the grocery store is about two blocks from my house.) When my mom showed up with my crockpot (from thanksgiving), I remembered I couldn't have done them anyway! So I may pick some ribs up tomorrow and make them one night this week.
I'm that way too- hence the now shopping for two weeks. And you know how close we are to a grocery store.

Tonight is Breakfast...

Ham steak, some kind of eggs (made to order) and either pancakes or french toast.

I have been asking Jesse if I can get out to shovel to see if I can get my labor started- that was a HUGE NO.

Now why is it, that when I'm not pregnant that I can do all of the mowing and blowing I want, but when I'm HUGE and uncomfortable and want this baby out he won't let me do it?!?!?!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:10 AM   #312
Stazon Splitcoast

Ooooo I'm so excited for new babies!!! YAY! And to think that my baby is going to be ONE in 18 days! Where has that time gone?!?

Tonight we're having homemade pizza at the request of Brooklyn. She's got to go have blood work today , but hopefully that'll give us answers or at least point us in the right direction.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:41 AM   #313
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post
I'm that way too- hence the now shopping for two weeks. And you know how close we are to a grocery store.

Tonight is Breakfast...

Ham steak, some kind of eggs (made to order) and either pancakes or french toast.

I have been asking Jesse if I can get out to shovel to see if I can get my labor started- that was a HUGE NO.

Now why is it, that when I'm not pregnant that I can do all of the mowing and blowing I want, but when I'm HUGE and uncomfortable and want this baby out he won't let me do it?!?!?!
Just sayin'...the best way to pop that child out is to eat a huge meal.

With my last one, I was a week past my due date and SO ready to be done. At the time, I was on a mailing list for knitters and asked advice there. Some people said they swore by castor oil (though my midwife warned me against that one...she said it did indeed work, but you spent a miserable time on the toilet during your labor and I didn't want to go there!) Others swore by the big heavy meal. I figured, oh, what the heck. I was so over being pregnant!

So we went to Old Country Buffet and I ate as much as I could cram in, which wasn't much, compared to what I might have been able to manage non-pregnant. I have a hard time eating too much at those kinds of places anyway...something about way too much food being available makes my appetite shrink.

I have to say that it worked, because i went into labor about 22 hours later. Good luck with that!

Tonight I was going to make meatloaf, but instead, it will be porcupines, since DH is recording tonight and doesn't want something that's going to haunt him later, LOL!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:59 AM   #314
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to lesliemommy Send a message via MSN to lesliemommy Send a message via Yahoo to lesliemommy

I am thinking of making some tacos or something tonight. The kids have been asking for them so I may just break down and make them.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:37 AM   #315
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

My thoughts exactly. Not that we get a whole lot of snow down here in the desert, but I've been trying to pack up some of our rarely-used items, to have them done so we can move when our house is finished, but he follows me around the whole time reminding me not to lift that, don't pick up this, don't move that, etc. Good grief.

Jan, I keep hearing about the big meal too. DH is home today, we're going to take some maternity photos before I "pop" and has promised to take me out to lunch, so maybe I'll test the theory out. My MIL is convinced that's what happened Thanksgiving day, that I ate so much turkey that the baby was ready to evacuate because she was squished. ha ha. I didn't have the heart to tell her the contractions started WAY before we got there and I barely ate anything.

Good luck, Michelle.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:40 AM   #316
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanTInk View Post
Just sayin'...the best way to pop that child out is to eat a huge meal.

With my last one, I was a week past my due date and SO ready to be done. At the time, I was on a mailing list for knitters and asked advice there. Some people said they swore by castor oil (though my midwife warned me against that one...she said it did indeed work, but you spent a miserable time on the toilet during your labor and I didn't want to go there!) Others swore by the big heavy meal. I figured, oh, what the heck. I was so over being pregnant!

So we went to Old Country Buffet and I ate as much as I could cram in, which wasn't much, compared to what I might have been able to manage non-pregnant. I have a hard time eating too much at those kinds of places anyway...something about way too much food being available makes my appetite shrink.

I have to say that it worked, because i went into labor about 22 hours later. Good luck with that!

Tonight I was going to make meatloaf, but instead, it will be porcupines, since DH is recording tonight and doesn't want something that's going to haunt him later, LOL!

I've heard of the caster oil too, not too sure that I really want to do that. Labor is dirty enough.

I will just have to go and eat my Mexican Village food again do see if I can get anything going- worked last time with Joey.

I have an appointment tomorrow- we'll see if any of the walking and swimming that I've been doing has made anything progress.

Otherwise I may just have to go on the neighbors trampoline- they still have it up
Old 12-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #317
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. Not that we get a whole lot of snow down here in the desert, but I've been trying to pack up some of our rarely-used items, to have them done so we can move when our house is finished, but he follows me around the whole time reminding me not to lift that, don't pick up this, don't move that, etc. Good grief.

Jan, I keep hearing about the big meal too. DH is home today, we're going to take some maternity photos before I "pop" and has promised to take me out to lunch, so maybe I'll test the theory out. My MIL is convinced that's what happened Thanksgiving day, that I ate so much turkey that the baby was ready to evacuate because she was squished. ha ha. I didn't have the heart to tell her the contractions started WAY before we got there and I barely ate anything.

Good luck, Michelle.
Okay if you have that little girl before I pop- I'm never talking to you again. J/K
Old 12-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #318
Die Cut Diva

Location: In a hostile frozen wasteland...waiting for spring!
Send a message via MSN to Dione

Tonight I ordered Chinese...Westernized Chinese but it will have to do since it's too cold and dark and snowy to walk to the noodle house, and I don't live by any good authenic Chinese restaraunts like Andy. Yes, he has spoiled me into only eating authentic stuff, so it's been months since I've ordered from my usual place. But I guess I will just have to suffer tonight
And I ordered a dinner for two so it will last me for two or three nights at least. I'm on nights starting tomorrow and really won't want to cook at all.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #319
Stazon Splitcoast

The pizza was eh. The kids liked it though. Just wasn't what I had wanted. Oh well. Tomorrow night I think it's going to be tomato soup and Ritz crackers.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:37 PM   #320
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Okay if you have that little girl before I pop- I'm never talking to you again. J/K
Ha ha! We'll just have to wait and see. I think the dr saying "any day now" is making it worse because I keep expecting more than what's actually happening.

Today we tried Jan's theory of eating a bunch, so DH took me to Red Lobster and I ate WAY too much...and so far, all I have is a tummy ache from eating too much.