Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #2481
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't even stomach Tater Tot Casserole! I made it so much when I was single and broke and then married and broke. I haven't touched it in probably 4 years. It is in the same category as the food you ate as a broke college student.

I took the easy way out tonight, steak and corn on the cob. I think I might grill some peaches as they are a little over ripe, but it should be OK. I have some vanilla ice cream too.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #2482
Die Cut Diva

I went easy tonight, too! Breakfast. Bacon, sausage, eggs, tomatoes (hash browns & toast for DH also). It was good, fast, and low carb for me. Tomorrow night? Chicken and many fresh vegies from the farmer's market.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #2483
Stazon Splitcoast

I love breakfast for dinner!

Tonight is pizza in honor the Chicago Bears playing tonight.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #2484
Die Cut Diva

Tonight was a southern style dinner, fried chicken, fried okra, green beans with bacon & onions, blackeyed peas with bacon, cucumbers and onions in sour cream, and ratatouille. OK, ratatouille isn't southern (southern France, maybe?), but I had fresh eggplant, zuchinni, tomatoes and red bell peppers, so what the heck! And DH naturally had to have mashed potatoes. OMG! It was SO good!
Old 09-14-2009, 06:01 AM   #2485
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyStamper View Post
I can't even stomach Tater Tot Casserole! I made it so much when I was single and broke and then married and broke. I haven't touched it in probably 4 years. It is in the same category as the food you ate as a broke college student.

I took the easy way out tonight, steak and corn on the cob. I think I might grill some peaches as they are a little over ripe, but it should be OK. I have some vanilla ice cream too.
i saw this post and kind of giggled. i too am kind of sick of this dish. although easy as anything. my dh doesnt like it because the version i used to make uses cream of mushroom soup(not sure about any other versions) and he cant stand cream of mushroom soup, lol. i personally like(cause it was super mondo easy....)

last night we had pork chops and my ds(he's 12) used some shake and bake. he was so into doing the chops and proud of himself, we forgot to make any side items, lol. they turned out reallly really good i'll have to say, quite proud of him!!
Old 09-14-2009, 06:03 AM   #2486
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrapat View Post
Tonight was a southern style dinner, fried chicken, fried okra, green beans with bacon & onions, blackeyed peas with bacon, cucumbers and onions in sour cream, and ratatouille. OK, ratatouille isn't southern (southern France, maybe?), but I had fresh eggplant, zuchinni, tomatoes and red bell peppers, so what the heck! And DH naturally had to have mashed potatoes. OMG! It was SO good!
ok, i think my backside gained about six bazilliion pounds reading this menu!!! lol....(ok, was it good???????? , wipes the drool off my mouth)
Old 09-14-2009, 06:13 AM   #2487
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Stampin_U.P._North

Pork loin tonight. Probably taters as a side.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #2488
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommarocks View Post
ok, i think my backside gained about six bazilliion pounds reading this menu!!! lol....(ok, was it good???????? , wipes the drool off my mouth)
You bet your newly inflated backside it was!!!! I really learned excess from my maternal grandmother in Chattanooga!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #2489
Die Cut Diva

Tonight, I'm going to slice up a Sterling silver rump roast and make swiss steak out of it. I think there ought to be plenty of leftover veg from last night's extravaganza!
Old 09-15-2009, 03:57 AM   #2490
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello all

hoping everyone is doing well --

I feel like everytime I say I'm going to start using new recipies, I never actually get started...I think it's because I have to take the time to actually look through the recipies to make -- LOL. So needless to say, we've been eating a lot of the 'same old same old'...

last night was burgers and fries -- tonight I have a whole chicken in the CP, and we'll have carrots and stove top stuffing on the side...
Old 09-15-2009, 05:36 AM   #2491
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrapat View Post
Tonight, I'm going to slice up a Sterling silver rump roast and make swiss steak out of it. I think there ought to be plenty of leftover veg from last night's extravaganza!
OK, last night I DID make swiss steak, but DH decided on going out for burgers, tonight we'll have the swiss steak, with a bunch of veg from the farmer's market! Hey, I love having dinner pretty much done ahead.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:31 AM   #2492
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002 View Post
Hello all

hoping everyone is doing well --

I feel like everytime I say I'm going to start using new recipies, I never actually get started...I think it's because I have to take the time to actually look through the recipies to make -- LOL. So needless to say, we've been eating a lot of the 'same old same old'...

last night was burgers and fries -- tonight I have a whole chicken in the CP, and we'll have carrots and stove top stuffing on the side...
I have 700 cookbooks, more or less, and do I ever cook a meal from one? Nah! But I do still love my cookbooks! Trouble is, I'm married to an awfuly picky eater, and I'm so limited by what he'll eat. It's depressing!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:17 AM   #2493
Die Cut Diva

Hey ladies-

I've been MIA for awhile. I've started doing photoshoots for friends and family and editing pictures, family time, going to the dark side of digital scrapping thanks to Stef- (love you) and designing pages for a site doesn't leave much time to cruise this site anymore. SO (I can't remember what I've been cooking either)

tonight will be:

Chicken Tettrazini
Old 09-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #2494
Stazon Splitcoast

Veal scallopini with noodles last night; Garlic shrimp and rice tonight. Taco Salad tomorrow night. Almost through the week!! I like to see what everyone else is making, and maybe be inspired to make something new.

Have a great week!!
Jennik
Old 09-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #2495
Die Cut Diva

I have some beautiful veal in the freezer, I ought to think of something to make from that. We ate the swiss steak I made last night, and OMG! It was SO good! Of course, making it out of a Sterling Silver rump instead of good old (tough) round steak made a huge difference. There was just enough to freeze for another meal. We cleaned up the leftover vegies from the southern dinner. Tomorrow? not a clue!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #2496
Die Cut Diva

Oh, and I baked apple cinnamon Amish bread. Walnuts and red grape raisins in mine, NOT in DH's. I nearly went out of my mind while it baked, the smell was so GOOD! (and yeah, it tasted darned good, too!)
Old 09-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #2497
Insane Embellisher

Hello Ladies,

I have also been MIA for a while. I thought I was going on vacation this week. Avery and I got about 400 miles away (on a 1000 mile trip) and got a call from a local hospital. DH was in a bad motorcycle accident. So, A and I headed back and I'm up to my eyeballs in gauze, anti-bacterial goop, and diapers (hers, not his, thank goodness). I would LOVE some simple dinner ideas and/or things that can be frozen or made ahead. Right now, due to pain/stress/exhaustion, neither of us has much of an appetite, but I'm hoping in a couple days it will be back.

On another note, isn't it interesting that we all make our Shepard's Pie differently? I typically brown some ground beef with diced onion, add some flour, cook for a minute or two, add some beef stock to make a gravy. Then I add a couple cups of whatever veggies I have on hand (usually peas and/or corn). Put into a casserole dish and top with mashed potatoes. Bake until warm and slightly browned. **I LOVE Jac's idea to add cheese. How can you go wrong with a layer of cheese on top??**
Old 09-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #2498
Die Cut Diva

Having been in so much discussion about Shepherd's pie- that's what I'm taking to a pot luck Saturday night. It at least assures that DH will find something acceptable to eat (Mr. Picky!).
Old 09-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #2499
Die Cut Diva

And Stef-

one of my favorite REALLY easy dishes is skinless boneless chicken breasts, laid in the bottom of a baking dish and covered with salsa. Bake. Maybe 35-45 minutes, depending on how big the boobs are. They stay so moist and succulent! I serve over rice, sometimes a rice and red lentil pilaf (cup of rice, cup of red lentils, about 2-2 1/2 cups broth, saute some whole cumin seed in butter in the saucepan, toss in rice, stir to coat, add lentils, pour broth over, bring to boil, lower to simmer, and cook covered, about 15 to 20 minutes. DO NOT STIR! Stirring will make icky pasty mush! Just let it cook real slow. You can add garlic if your husband isn't a poop about garlic, or whatever else sounds nice in it. Sometimes I chop shallots and saute them with the cumin seed.)
Old 09-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #2500
Die Cut Diva

I made

tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches tonight. Off to do more editing on some pictures
Old 09-16-2009, 04:43 PM   #2501
Die Cut Diva

I made pork bacon burgers (I ground some too lean pork with bacon and made patties out of it), salad for me, potatoes and carrots for DH
Old 09-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #2502
Stazon Splitcoast

Stef!! - I'm so sorry to hear about DH. I love motorcycles but haven't ridden in years. My brother gave his up when he moved from Seattle to Phoenix. I hope he recovers soon.

No cooking around here as I just returned from a 2 day business trip and forgot to take something out tonight. Off to our favorite neighborhood Italian place!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #2503
Stazon Splitcoast

Last night was bagelwiches.

Tonight will be Pannu Kakku for the urchins - they LOVE it, I on the other hand cannot eat it.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:26 AM   #2504
Die Cut Diva

I'VE GOT A DATE TONIGHT. I'VE GOT A DATE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been almost a year since Jesse and I have gone out by ourselves. Not sure where we are going but it's just going to be for dinner.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #2505
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post

It's been almost a year since Jesse and I have gone out by ourselves. Not sure where we are going but it's just going to be for dinner.
YEAH!! Have a GREAT time
Old 09-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #2506
Stazon Splitcoast

Stef - hope hubby is ok. eek -

Last night we had 'casserole' I had chop meat, egg noodles and tomato soup at the house -- so that 's what we ate

Tonight will be take out -- pizza maybe...

Tomorrow? Haven't thought that far ahead yet - LOL...
Old 09-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #2507
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yeah! Have a great time.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:38 PM   #2508
Stazon Splitcoast

Yesterday I put chicken, jar of salsa verde, and some cream cheese in the crock pot. Then the power went out for 3 hours, so we had McD's and I shredded the chicken for dinner tonight. Put it on some tortillas. I made myself a killer mojito to go with it!

Tomorrow night, who knows! I might go to the Farmer's Market but it is in the 90's here, so it will be warm. We might have steak then.

Sunday is Football!! Hubby has his crescent rolls, hot dogs, and Velvetta all lined up.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #2509
Die Cut Diva

tonight, thank goodness for frozen ahead food! I pulled some smoked meatloaf out of the freezer, made instant mashed potatoes, and nuked a can of carrots- tres gourmet, no?

(In my own defense, we painted the front of the house today-the back yesterday, and I was again POOPED!)
Old 09-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #2510
Die Cut Diva

tomorrow is Cards, we play Pitch with some people we met through DH's work. And it is potluck, and I'm making the much discussed Shepherd's pie! (no corn- DH is aghast that someone suggested putting corn in shepherd's pie!)
Old 09-19-2009, 05:25 AM   #2511
Stazon Splitcoast

Last night we had buttered herb shrimp with angel hair pasta.

Tonight is pizza night - not sure what kind of pizza we'll be having, but it WILL be homemade.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:16 AM   #2512
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin_U.P._North View Post
Last night we had buttered herb shrimp with angel hair pasta.

Tonight is pizza night - not sure what kind of pizza we'll be having, but it WILL be homemade.
Homemade Pizza sounds sooo good. I might pick up some stuff to make one next week. Our problem is that DH and I prefer different toppings (he likes Supreme, so I'd have to buy a little of everything) but I might be able to talk him into a compromise so I don't have to get so many ingredients. Do you use the frozen crusts, or the premade kind, or the kind in the "pop" can from the refrigerated section? Or, do you make your crust?
Old 09-19-2009, 06:23 AM   #2513
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
Homemade Pizza sounds sooo good. I might pick up some stuff to make one next week. Our problem is that DH and I prefer different toppings (he likes Supreme, so I'd have to buy a little of everything) but I might be able to talk him into a compromise so I don't have to get so many ingredients. Do you use the frozen crusts, or the premade kind, or the kind in the "pop" can from the refrigerated section? Or, do you make your crust?
It all depends on our mood actually LOL and if we're in a quick hurry or not. Normally we make our own. For a cold veggie pizza we'll use the can kind or crescent rolls.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #2514
Die Cut Diva

I am making a feast tonight.

I splurged last month and bought a half a ham.

So tonight I am making the ham, mashed taters, gravy, beans, dinner rolls and my mom is bringing some kind of Twinkie dessert.

My mom, MIL and I also invited my neighbor and her daughter to come and eat. Share your bounties is what I say.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #2515
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
If you have a bread maker, I'll give you my recipe. I make my own dough. Or I buy Trader Joes!
Old 09-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #2516
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I am making a feast tonight.

I splurged last month and bought a half a ham.

So tonight I am making the ham, mashed taters, gravy, beans, dinner rolls and my mom is bringing some kind of Twinkie dessert.

My mom, MIL and I also invited my neighbor and her daughter to come and eat. Share your bounties is what I say.
I like your thinking. Twinkie Dessert caught my eye.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #2517
Stazon Splitcoast

I did hit the Farmer's Market this morning for fresh produce. DH wants a fruit salad, so I'll pull one together later today or tomorrow. Our peaches are a little hard still.

Tonight is steak, corn on the cob, and green beans. Not too exciting, but easy and a big hit.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #2518
Die Cut Diva

Tonight, as previously mentioned, is card night, potluck, and my contribution is the dreaded shepherd's pie. I made a whopping big one.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:52 PM   #2519
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyStamper View Post
If you have a bread maker, I'll give you my recipe. I make my own dough. Or I buy Trader Joes!
Oo this sounds great, may I have it Sam? Ryan's grandma gave me a bread machine.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #2520
Stazon Splitcoast

Pizza Dough - Bread Maker

1 cup lukewarm beer or water
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast

Place all ingredients in machine in order listed. Select dough cycle.

Preheat oven to 400, cook for 10 mins, then reduce to 350 until cheese bubbly

Enjoy!