Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #2201
Stazon Splitcoast

We went out for dinner tonight. Had some people coming to the house and didn't know when it would be done, so we went to a local Italian place and had a yummy dinner. I love eating out, if only I could hire a personal chef. I need to figure out what is for dinner tomorrow.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:17 AM   #2202
Die Cut Diva

People have been asking me on FB too for me to post recipes so I have along with pics there too and Denise (hi Denise) said that she scraps her recipes.

Another friend wants me to do a digital scrap swap. While I will pass on the swap, I think scrapping/ or taking pics along with the recipes are a great idea since I am a very visual person and don't buy cook books without pictures.

Sorry Rachael Ray. I would buy her books, but I like to see what I am making before I try it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-23-2009, 06:18 AM   #2203
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyStamper View Post
We went out for dinner tonight. Had some people coming to the house and didn't know when it would be done, so we went to a local Italian place and had a yummy dinner. I love eating out, if only I could hire a personal chef. I need to figure out what is for dinner tomorrow.
Are you selling your house Sam?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:19 AM   #2204
Die Cut Diva

It's softball night so it will be subs/ or sandwiches since Jesse's first game is at 7 and he never eats a lot before a game.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:27 AM   #2205
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Stampin_U.P._North

Tonight we're having these turkey sandwiches that were sort of concocted. I'll try to remember to have Ryan take a picture.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:27 AM   #2206
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephsmom04 View Post
Are you selling your house Sam?
Nope, had the pet sitter over to go over everything and interviewed a house cleaner. Something I thought I would never do, but I just don't have the time and I told DH since he has decided cleaning house isn't his responsibility either, guess I'll pay someone.

I love the pictures everyone takes. I could never be that organized.

Tonight we are having breaded tilipia. It is predone and frozen, just pop into the oven. I'll steam some green beans and figure out a side, maybe just jasmine rice.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #2207
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
People have been asking me on FB too for me to post recipes so I have along with pics there too and Denise (hi Denise) said that she scraps her recipes.

Another friend wants me to do a digital scrap swap. While I will pass on the swap, I think scrapping/ or taking pics along with the recipes are a great idea since I am a very visual person and don't buy cook books without pictures.

Sorry Rachael Ray. I would buy her books, but I like to see what I am making before I try it.
I've actually participated in digital recipe swaps on the digi scrap boards. Everyone scraps their recipe (photos not even necessary) and you get a collection of pages to create a cookbook.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #2208
Mad Swapper

I am not in the mood to make dinner tonight. Especially when I realized at 3:30 this afternoon that I forgot to put dinner in the crock pot- after I promised to make my hubby's favorite. Oh well. I guess I have dinner planned for tomorrow night! As for tonight....??

I like the idea of scrapping recipes. That would mean that I need to start taking pictures of the finished product, too. By the time I'm done, I just want to eat!
I am loved by the King, and it makes my heart want to sing!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #2209
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

Quote:
I totally agree! I'm very visual.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #2210
Mad Swapper

Breakfast for dinner was the majority vote.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #2211
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I have her 365 book and I haven't made one thing out of it. The recipes are a little Plain Jane or she considers the same recipe 3 times because you could use chicken, steak, or pork.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #2212
Stazon Splitcoast

I was going to cook breaded tilipia tonight but DH decided we should go to Costco tonight instead of me going alone on Saturday. Of course that means dinner from the food court.

I guess I'll make the fish tomorrow night. I need to plan something for Saturday and make sure I have the goods for a Wine Country picnic on Sunday as we are going wine tasting with friends. My favorite activity.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #2213
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I was going to cook breaded tilipia tonight but DH decided we should go to Costco tonight instead of me going alone on Saturday. Of course that means dinner from the food court.

I guess I'll make the fish tomorrow night. I need to plan something for Saturday and make sure I have the goods for a Wine Country picnic on Sunday as we are going wine tasting with friends. My favorite activity.
Take me with you!

DH and I went to Sonoma last year over Memorial Day weekend, and I'm still working on the photobook from the trip. Ah, the memories. We ate quite good when we were there, too!!

I can't wait until we can go back!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:56 AM   #2214
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampingdenise View Post
Take me with you!

DH and I went to Sonoma last year over Memorial Day weekend, and I'm still working on the photobook from the trip. Ah, the memories. We ate quite good when we were there, too!!

I can't wait until we can go back!
We are going to the Sonoma side which we haven't done in awhile, we usually go up the Napa side. The joys of living 45 mins away!
Old 07-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #2215
Stazon Splitcoast

Tonight we're having chicken fried rice for dinner. Ryan was at a loss and quite frankly, I have no appetite.

Sam - Ryan was wondering if you might be able to answer this. We have those two bottles of wine and he was wondering what a good temperature to serve them at would be AND IF there is any left, how to store it. Thanks if you can answer either question!
Old 07-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #2216
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin_U.P._North View Post
Sam - Ryan was wondering if you might be able to answer this. We have those two bottles of wine and he was wondering what a good temperature to serve them at would be AND IF there is any left, how to store it. Thanks if you can answer either question!
I think I remember them being reds, correct? I have my wine cooler set at 55 - 58. You should store them on their side so the cork stays moist. Preferrably somewhere that they will stay at a fairly constant temp. We used to have them in our hallway closet since it is in the middle of the house. You really can't store it once open because the air taints it. We do just stuff the cork back in and set it on the counter for the next day. They have this fancy air stuff you can spray in the bottle, but I don't use it. My MIL has it but she also has a gadget to stuff the cork all the way back in.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #2217
Stazon Splitcoast

Dinner: We should be having fish but my day has been awful and I'm craving Red Robin which does not fit into our eating healthy plan!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #2218
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I think I remember them being reds, correct? I have my wine cooler set at 55 - 58. You should store them on their side so the cork stays moist. Preferrably somewhere that they will stay at a fairly constant temp. We used to have them in our hallway closet since it is in the middle of the house. You really can't store it once open because the air taints it. We do just stuff the cork back in and set it on the counter for the next day. They have this fancy air stuff you can spray in the bottle, but I don't use it. My MIL has it but she also has a gadget to stuff the cork all the way back in.
Thanks Sam! I'll pass on this info to him.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #2219
Die Cut Diva

I grilled pork steaks and had boiled potatoes and green beans and baby carrots. Oh, and I made cole slaw with a honey mustard dressing.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:26 AM   #2220
Die Cut Diva

Last night I made a phone call- first time in about a month for eating out!!! Gotta say I'm pretty proud.

It was a local za joint. 2 large 1 topping za's for $20 can't go wrong.

Tonight will be broiled chicken cordon bleu's- I've got swiss cheese I need to use up before Jesse eat's it all.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:01 AM   #2221
Stazon Splitcoast

Tonight my cousin is making us dinner - tater tot casserole, tossed salad and croissants.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #2222
Stazon Splitcoast

Ryan pan fried some chicken breast and then we had boiled potatoes and corn on the cob for dinner.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #2223
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Girls!

We are back from our day of wine tasting. Yum!

I have a pork butt in the crock pot for carnitas. I still need to make the pico and the guac. But the major piece is doing its own thing.

I need to figure out what is for dinner tomorrow as it is bowling night so it can't be too complicated. I need a schedule like Michelle's.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #2224
Mad Swapper

I MADE dinner tonight!! I've gotten lazy in all my travels this summer. The month of August is a ban on eating out... oy. It'll be good for us and our budget, but I'm not psyched up for it. I'll definitely be referring to the cookbooks next month!

Tonight, I made a recipe from the Busy Family cookbook- the same one Michelle uses. We made "Easy Italian Chicken". It was "eh". The sauce was too bland. It was a really easy recipe, though. It's a keeper, but a "tweaker". AND I took a pic!
Attached Thumbnails
dscf4818_2.jpg  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:31 AM   #2225
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbeth View Post
I MADE dinner tonight!! I've gotten lazy in all my travels this summer. The month of August is a ban on eating out... oy. It'll be good for us and our budget, but I'm not psyched up for it. I'll definitely be referring to the cookbooks next month!

Tonight, I made a recipe from the Busy Family cookbook- the same one Michelle uses. We made "Easy Italian Chicken". It was "eh". The sauce was too bland. It was a really easy recipe, though. It's a keeper, but a "tweaker". AND I took a pic!
Nice pic! It looks yummy..lol.

I'm making Beef Lo Mein tonight I think. It's quick, and since I have other cooking to do today for several families from our church who have family in the hospital, I need something quick.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:25 AM   #2226
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbeth View Post

I added garlic and more tomatoes to it. It is good but I agree it needs to be tweeked!!! Glad to hear that you are starting to use the book. the more you look through it the more you will want to make.

I am looking at it now and thinking "Golden CHicken and autumn vegetables" sounds really good too.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:27 AM   #2227
Stazon Splitcoast

Let's see.....

Friday we went out with a couple of friends -- the kids had pizza. Saturday we ate at my BIL & SIL's before taking the kids to this small, local amusement park...last night -- I made sliders -- DD picked them out at the store with DH. We had fries with them...nothing too exciting. Tonight will be a london broil on the grill -- and I think I'll make PW's crash potatoes with it. It's a good think payday is Thursday -- we're getting down to the nitty gritty in the freezer -- I need to go food shopping! LOL. I have to figure out what we're having tomorrow -- it's supposed to be hot a muggy all week, so whatever it is, has to be easy, and not generate too much heat!
Old 07-27-2009, 05:35 AM   #2228
Die Cut Diva

Friday night I made a call to a local pizza joint which fed us for that meal, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday.

So I made the Bacon Wrapped chicken again last night.

It's Beef/ hamburger night.
I am trying to decide on whether I want to do tacos tonight or if I want to do hamburgers. Doing hamburgers would involve going to the store for some other things. I just can't eat grilled hamburgers without some kind of summery salad.

So I think it will be beef tacos with some fixin's. B. olives, cheese, fresh garden lettuce. I don't have tomatoes but will make do with some salsa con caso (sp?)
Old 07-27-2009, 05:40 AM   #2229
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002 View Post
Let's see.....

Friday we went out with a couple of friends -- the kids had pizza. Saturday we ate at my BIL & SIL's before taking the kids to this small, local amusement park...last night -- I made sliders -- DD picked them out at the store with DH. We had fries with them...nothing too exciting. Tonight will be a london broil on the grill -- and I think I'll make PW's crash potatoes with it. It's a good think payday is Thursday -- we're getting down to the nitty gritty in the freezer -- I need to go food shopping! LOL. I have to figure out what we're having tomorrow -- it's supposed to be hot a muggy all week, so whatever it is, has to be easy, and not generate too much heat!
Did you make the sliders or is it something that you found in the freezer section?

Jesse LOVES sliders (white castle- barf) I would be willing to make them and eat them if I could find some chicken recipes.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:12 AM   #2230
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Did you make the sliders or is it something that you found in the freezer section?

Jesse LOVES sliders (white castle- barf) I would be willing to make them and eat them if I could find some chicken recipes.
I love White Castle! That is the first thing I eat when I travel back to the Midwest. I have been known to take a cab to one when I was staying in Indy a few years back.

I only make them with ground beef. I use a recipe from allrecipes where you use dinner rolls and then mix onion soup mix into the beef, shape and put on the rolls, then line them up in a baking dish and cover with foil. They steam inside there and cook.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:14 AM   #2231
Stazon Splitcoast

I took some chicken out this morning to thaw and I either marinate in something or throw some Road Kill Grill rub on it. Corn on the cob and green beans to go with it.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:49 AM   #2232
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I really should have clarified...

They were small beef patties (fresh meat) -- labeled sliders by the butcher in the grocery store...I seasoned them with TS seasoned salt and grilled them...so not like white castle by any means (which I do love too, BTW) they were also thicker too -- but came out great - juicy and delish!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #2233
Stazon Splitcoast

I think tonight is BLT's. Ryan took out bacon yesterday and it needs to be used up. So not feeling that though. Oh well.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #2234
Stazon Splitcoast

Michelle - I hope you don't mind, but I've borrowed your idea for menu planning so that maybe, just MAYBE I can do it too.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #2235
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Michelle - I hope you don't mind, but I've borrowed your idea for menu planning so that maybe, just MAYBE I can do it too.
Nope don't mind at all- that's why I posted the idea.

It actually saves quite a bit on moolah. I believe our grocery bill this month will be UNDER $500!!!!!!!!!! Of course there are only 3 of us eating but I cook for 4 or 5 to have leftovers since we eat three meals a day at home. We've only gone out to eat twice this month. Space Aliens and pizza the other night.

What's nice about coming up with a meal plan and doing it monthly is then you can ad shop and get things and freeze them for future meals.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #2236
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I think tonight is BLT's. Ryan took out bacon yesterday and it needs to be used up. So not feeling that though. Oh well.
I'm sorry. I love BLT's, I could eat them daily, oh maybe that is why I have a cholestrol problem. Might be on to something! LOL!

Hope you are feeling OK and getting some rest when you can. I don't know how you do it.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #2237
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm sorry. I love BLT's, I could eat them daily, oh maybe that is why I have a cholestrol problem. Might be on to something! LOL!

Hope you are feeling OK and getting some rest when you can. I don't know how you do it.
Oh I LIKE BLT's, just not feeling it for dinner .... then again NOTHING is sounding good to me lately. Haven't had much of an appetite since Tiergan was born.

They WERE good until the tomato started to bother my tongue again.

I LOVE bacon though ... never did until I was pregnant this time.

Eh ... things could be better, I won't post the gory details on this thread though because it's about food. ETA - this thread is about food, not the gory details.

Last edited by Stampin_U.P._North; 07-27-2009 at 07:55 PM..
Old 07-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #2238
Stazon Splitcoast

Hang in there sweetie! I hope you want some food soon. Big Hugs!!

I got off late, so we had chicken with a rub, green beans, and goat cheese grits. Not exciting but within my calorie allowance. I need to figure out what we are having tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #2239
Die Cut Diva

It's softball night which means an easy meal tonight.

Grilled cheese sandwiches and french fries will be for dinner.

Jesse has a triple header and I may have Joey play with grandma for awhile tonight since he usually goes with Jesse. He can't realy stay at the ball field for 5 hours.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:37 AM   #2240
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I love White Castle! That is the first thing I eat when I travel back to the Midwest. I have been known to take a cab to one when I was staying in Indy a few years back.

I only make them with ground beef. I use a recipe from allrecipes where you use dinner rolls and then mix onion soup mix into the beef, shape and put on the rolls, then line them up in a baking dish and cover with foil. They steam inside there and cook.
which one is your recipe Sam?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mock-Sliders/Detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slider-...rs/Detail.aspx

I am thinking that i will try these next month...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Buffalo...rs/Detail.aspx